Weekend Legal Updates
Saturday & Sunday, 2nd & 3rd July 2022
Legal Awareness :- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
Part – V THE UNION
CHAPTER- I THE EXECUTIVE (The President and Vice-President)
Article – 57 Eligibility for re-election.
A person who holds, or who has held, office as President shall, subject to the other provisions of this Constitution, be eligible for re-election to that office.
Today’s Legal Updates :-
- On Friday Chief Justice of India NV Ramana (CJI) said Judiciary is an independent organ which is answerable to the Constitution alone and not to any political parties or ideologies.
- Chief Justice said in India, there is a wrong notion among political parties that the judiciary should advance their respective political agendas.
- As we celebrate 75th year of Independence this year and as our Republic turned 72, with some sense of regret I must add here that we still haven’t learnt to appreciate wholly the roles and responsibilities assigned by the Constitution to each of the Institutions. The party in power believes that every governmental action is entitled to judicial endorsement. The parties in opposition expect the judiciary to advance their political positions and causes.
- It is the vigorously promoted ignorance among general public which is coming to the aid of such forces whose only aim is to run down the only independent organ, i.e., judiciary.
- Let me make it clear that we (judiciary) are answerable to the Constitution and Constitution alone. To ensure checks and balances envisaged in constitution we need to promote constitutional culture in India.
- Please remember. It is the tolerance and inclusive nature of American society that is able to attract the best talents from all over the world, which in turn is contributing to its growth. Honouring qualified talents from diverse backgrounds is also essential to sustain confidence of all the sections of the society in the system. This principle of inclusivity is universal. It needs to be honoured everywhere in the world, including in India. Inclusivity strengthens the unity in society which is key to peace and progress. We need to focus on issues that unite us. Not on those that divide us.
- the CJI said, If you cannot take care of your peace and well being of your parents back home what is the use of your wealth and status here. A nation that welcomes everyone with open arms and assimilates all cultures is bound to prosper.