26 Jul (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 13, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 27(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Ardra Punarvasu
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 6:47 pm) Chaturdashi
RahuKaal: 03:50 PM – 05:29 PM
Prez. Droupadi Murmu oath ceremony & Sendoff to Sh.Ramnath Kovind
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Droupadi Murmu takes oath as India’s 15th President; Reiterates her resolve to work towards inclusive growth of the country.
- President Droupadi Murmu greets the nation on the eve of 23rd Kargil Vijay Diwas.
Why Kargil day is observed today…?
- Terming today as a big democratic day for the country, PM Modi says that our new president has taken oath and first time after independence a woman from tribal community is going to lead the nation.
- Multi-Agency Group set up by govt for expeditious and coordinated investigation of various categories of foreign asset cases like Panama paper leaks, Paradise paper leaks and the recent Pandora paper leaks.
- Centre holds meet to review monkeypox situation; Delhi reports India’s fourth case of monkeypox
Centre holds meet to review monkeypox situation; Delhi reports India’s fourth case of monkeypox.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested four people for allegedly running a racket by promising seats in Rajya Sabha and other govt organizations for Rs 100 crore. The CBI also conducted raids at seven locations in Delhi, Karnataka, and Maharashtra which led them to the recovery of incriminating documents.
- Tribal dance troupes from six different states of India performed in honour of 15th President of India Droupadi Murmu at the National Tribal Research Institute, New Delhi.
- Four Congress Members have been suspended for the remaining part of the Monsoon session from the Lok Sabha for their unruly behaviour in the House.
- The Chair took names of T N Pratapan, Manickam Tagore, Jyothi Mani and Ramya Haridas for disrespectfully showing placards towards the chair . Parliamentary Affairs minister proposed to suspend the four members for the rest of the session.
- PM Modi says that social justice means equal opportunity for every section of the society and the country will only go forward when women, dalits, divyangs, backwards and tribals of the country will go forward, which will happen through education.
- The IMD has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall over Himachal Pradesh, Assam, Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh on July 28 and 29. It also stated that fairly widespread light to moderate rainfall is likely over Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana across the next four days.
- ASSAM : Jayanta Mallabaruah, Assam’s Tourism and PHED Minister, on Monday reviewed the flood situation in Barak Valley during his three-day visit there. During his visit, the minister also reviewed the relief measures being provided to the affected people. Additionally, he also instructed officials of the Water Resources Department to take necessary steps to avoid further flood-like situations.
- J&K : Nine policemen were among 21 people who were rescued from flash floods in the Kathua and Poonch districts of Jammu and Kashmir. Flash floods entered a police post in the Chakan-da-bagh area on the Line of Control in Poonch, which resulted in nine policemen being trapped.
- MAHARASHTRA : UddhavThackeray-led faction of Shivsena moved Supreme Court against the proceedings initiated by ECI on request of Eknath Sinde led faction for recognize them as the ‘real’ Shivsena. Sinde led faction also appealed for allotment of the party’s election symbol- the bow and arrow.
- MANIPUR : Monsoon session of Manipur Legislative Assembly begins. The budget session will continue till 5th of August and have 11 sittings.
West Bengal : Arrested West Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee spend Monday night at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, where he was taken for a thorough check-up, even as a Kolkata court granted 10 days’ Enforcement Directorate custody of the senior Trinamool Congress leader and his alleged associate Arpita Mukherjee for probe into the school jobs scam.
Doctors at the medical establishment, after a check-up, said he was suffering from chronic diseases but does not need immediate hospitalisation.
💷 GBP ₹96.06
BSE Sensex 55,766.22
NIFTY : 16,631.00
- The govt clarified that fresh milk and pasteurised milk are fully exempted from Goods and Service Tax (GST). Further, milk products like curd, lassi, butter milk and paneer are also exempted from GST if sold in forms other than those pre-packaged and labelled.
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone of the Headquarters Building of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) in Gujarat on Friday. IFSCA is the unified regulator for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions in International Financial Services Centres in India.
- Vikrant Rona is an upcoming Indian Kannada-language fantasy action-adventure film directed by Anup Bhandari. It stars Kiccha Sudeep as the titular character alongside Nirup Bhandari, Neetha Ashok, and Jacqueline Fernandez. The film is scheduled to be released theatrically worldwide on 28 July 2022.
- British actor David Warner, who featured in ‘Titanic’, passes away aged 80 due to a cancer-related illness. Warner played Billy Zane’s sidekick Spicer Lovejoy in ‘Titanic’. He also starred in films such as ‘The Omen’ and ‘Tron’.
- The govt has issued 584 Defence Licenses to 358 private companies for setting up manufacturing units. They include 107 licenses for weapon manufacturing to promote ‘Make in India’ in Defence sector. Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt has given this information in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
- The Govt has created the Defence Investor Cell to provide necessary information including addressing queries related to investment opportunities, procedures and regulatory requirements for investment in the Defence sector.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh announced the setting up of joint theatre commands of the tri-services to enhance coordination among the armed forces keeping in view of joint operations as seen in Operation Vijay in Kargil.
- On Monday, the army organised a motorcycle expedition from New Delhi to the Kargil War Memorial at Dras (Ladakh), to commemorate the 23 years of victory over Pakistan in the Kargil War of 1999. The Indian Army bike rally reached Nubra Valley cruising through the tough terrain of Ladakh New Delhi:
- Former Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane has been honoured by the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) for his role in strengthening ties between India and US.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Chinese President Xi Jinping has congratulated the newly-elected President of India Droupadi Murmu and said that he’s ready to work with her to “properly handle differences”.
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin writes to External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar requesting him to secure the immediate release of 6 Indian fishermen and their boat seized by the Sri Lankan Navy.
- India and Bangladesh agree for more intensive implementation of provisions under Revised Travel Arrangements of 2018 relating to tourist, student & business visas. Both countries agreed for further liberalisation of visa procedures and entry & exit norms to enhance ease of travel.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Myanmar military authorities execute 4 democracy activists accused of helping carry out terror acts. It was the first executions conducted in decades in Southeast Asian country. Executed men included democracy-figure Kyaw Min Yu, former lawmaker & hip-hop artist Phyo Zeya Thaw.
- Sri Lanka’s presidential office reopened days after anti-government demonstrators were flushed out in a military crackdown. The colonial-era building was occupied earlier this month by protesters angered by the island nation’s unprecedented economic crisis.
- Russia on Monday claimed that its forces destroyed an ammunition storage facility for the US-made HIMARS rocket systems in Ukraine.
- Several people were killed in a mass shooting early on Monday in the Canadian province of British Columbia, local media reported.
- The Supreme Court has stayed arbitral proceedings initiated by ex-India captain MS Dhoni against Amrapali group of companies, now a defunct real estate firm for which Dhoni was the brand ambassador, over some financial dispute. Issuing a notice to Dhoni, the apex court requested Justice Veena Birbal “to hold her hands” and not proceed with the arbitration.
- The World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight title belt won by Muhammad Ali following his ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ bout with George Foreman in 1974 has been sold for $6.18 million (nearly ₹50 crore) at an auction. Jim Irsay, the CEO of NFL team Indianapolis Colts, won the bid. The belt will be displayed on August 2 at Chicago’s Navy Pier.
- Carlos Alcaraz, a 19-year-old Spanish tennis player, has become the youngest to reach the top five of the men’s world rankings. Alcaraz entered the top five at the age of 19 years, 2 months and 20 days.
- Former India captain Mithali Raj had announced her retirement from international cricket this year, and now she has opened up about Women’s IPL, which is likely to begin next year, saying she is keeping the option of playing in the tournament. Raj announced the end of a splendid 23-year international career last month, finishing with 7,805 ODI runs in 232 matches at an average just over 50.
- Neeraj Chopra
Neeraj scripted history with an 88.13m throw in Eugene, World Championships. 87.58m for Olympics gold, 88.13m for World Championships silver: Neeraj Chopra an all-weather javelin star
JHARKHAND : Ranchi
Sub-capital : Dumka
Gvnr : Ramesh Bais
CM : Hemant Soren (JMM)
statehood : 15 Nov 2000
Dist : 24
🥇Gold ₹51,240 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹99.84/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.65/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,110/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kargil Vijay Diwas , named after the successful Operation Vijay, is celebrated in India on 26 July. On this date in 1999 India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been lost to Pakistan. The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July and resulted in loss of life on both the sides. The war ended with India regaining control of all the previously held territory, hence re-establishing the the state existing before the war. Indian Army launched a daring assault at Zulu High in Muskoh Valley. Undaunted braveness and unflinching willpower of our troops led to profitable seize of the target.
😀Thought of the day
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful, than a life spent doing nothing
JOKE OF THE DAY
कोरोना से डरें नहीं सतर्क रहें..
बस यूं समझो जैसे बीवी सो रही हो और पड़ोसन नींबू मांगने आ गई हो! 😜🤪😂
Know Kargil War happened in 1999
During the summer of May-July 1999, the tedious Kargil War was fought between India and Pakistan. In May 1999, the Pakistan Army infiltrated into Indian territory in remote locations using subterfuge and captured several mountain tops overlooking the strategic Srinagar-Leh highway. When India sent a survey mission to confirm intrusions into India, five jawans were taken into captivity by the Pakistani Army, triggering an Indian Airforce attack ‘Operation Vijay’.
For the first time in 20 years, India launched strikes against militants in Kashmir beginning ‘Operation Vijay’, promising to continue doing so till the last of the militants were evicted from the Indian soil in Kashmir. During the continuing airstrike, India lost two of its aircraft (MiG-27) with one pilot who had ejected being taken in as a prisoner of war by the Pakistan troops. Soon, Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee declares the Kargil situation – ‘War-like situation’, with IAF continuing its assault on suspected infiltrators holed up in the Himalayas with fresh airstrikes.
As Pakistan returned the mutilated bodies of six Indian soldiers, talks between India and Pakistan broke down while India continued its airstrikes. On July 26, the Indian Army recaptured all the Indian posts in Kargil which had been occupied by the Pakistani Army, a coup that was orchestrated by the then Pakistan army chief General Pervez Musharraf, while Sharif and US President Bill Clinton meet in Washington to take ‘concrete steps will be taken’ to restore the Line of Control.
Relenting to India’s attacks, Sharif announces pull-out of Pakistani troops from Kargil and India declares ‘ Operation Vijay’ a success – bringing an end to the war on July 26.
विक्रम* : valorous—one who is wise, brave and strong as well as victorious.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
🔫Weapons such as cannons, shotguns and rifles, work on the basic idea of conservation of momentum and the change in energy from potential to kinetic.
All firearm uses the basic principles. First, the trigger is pulled, then causing a firing pin to strike the primer, the primer fire up the gunpowder and the flaming powder generates pressure, the pressure pushes the bullet down the barrel and out the muzzle.
When the trigger is pulled the hammer hits the firing pin. The firing pin then hits the primer which causes the powder to burn hence producing lots of gases. The bullet is propelled through the barrel, it gains momentum. In order for the entire system of the gun and the ammunition to have equal momentum, the gun must gain momentum in the opposite direction from the bullet. (momentum = mass x velocity).
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Param Vir Chakra🏅 (PVC) is India’s highest military decoration, awarded for displaying distinguished acts of valour during wartime. The medal of the PVC was designed by Savitri Khanolkar, whose daughter’s brother-in-law, Major Somnath Sharma, was coincidentally awarded the first PVC. As of January 2018, the medal has been awarded 21 times,
At present living legend’s who received PVC:
Subedar Major Bana Singh, Subedar Sanjay Kumar and Subedar Yogendra Singh Yadav, are the only living recipients of the award.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Rangasamy Velu (born 25 July 1940), is an Indian politician of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) party. He has been elected to 14th Lok Sabha as Union Minister of State, Railways from Arakkonam Lok Sabha constituency of Tamil Nadu from 2004 to 2009.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Being Busy Doing Nothing : It means someone is busy doing some pointless works.
इसका मतलब है कि कोई व्यर्थ के कामों में व्यस्त है।
ABASH x Uphold, Discompose
ABASH : Disconcert, rattle
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why do sculptures in temples have nude and erotic figures if ancient Indians were not open & free?
God for sex – Kamadeva. So it is only natural that we have erotic sculptures on our temples. There have been many questions raised on the reason behind having erotic sculptures and sexual imagery in a place otherwise considered so ‘holy’ and ‘pure’.
In many Indian manuscripts, sex was considered to be spiritual and not hedonistic. Sex is an essential part of life system. Without sex, not a single complex creature would have ever existed in this world, except for the creatures who could reproduce asexually. Our ancestors evaluated sex; they valued sex. But, that doesn’t mean that our ancestors were open about sex.
There is a great misconception among the 21st century people. We think that:-Ancient Indians were open about sex. They were free about sex. They encouraged promiscuity.
Mostly, these misconceptions generated because people have taken the erotic sculptures of Khajuraho and Konark temples as the only testimony to testify the then current social lifestyle., in those days sex was considered a mutual duty between a married couple. But now it has became a lust, addiction, doing for pleasure, no ethics, easy way of earning & etc… now a days we can’t watch a movie comfortly with our family members.
Kamasutra & Vatsayana are nothing but books containing science regarding sex. Hindu temples were places of worship. But they had another purpose also. They were places of philosophy and knowledge. Since sex was considered essence of life, it was a science too. In ancient India, temples were treated like knowledge centers where people used to visit as pilgrimage.
To aware people about knowledge on sex these sculptures were added to the temples. Since these knowledge were made associated with temples, people considered these pious (as said before). In modern India, we can see awareness programmes on safe sex, contraceptive pills, condoms, family planning, etc. During ancient times, the temples were knowledge centers because it was a place of social gathering where lot of followers used to gather.
Remember- TV, radio or other mass propagating media weren’t invented at that time.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
अजवाइन Ajwain has been used as an ayurvedic medicine since ancient times. It is known to promote healthy digestion, treat flatulence and relieve constipation. And we all know that the first step to losing weight is to have a healthy digestive system.
Boiled Ajwain water not only promotes digestion but also boosts metabolism
To Stop Greying of Hair
Ajwain seeds help in halting pre-mature greying of hair. To prepare this mixture, add curry leaves, dry grapes, sugar and carom seeds in a single cup of water and cook. Drink one glass of this every day until you start seeing the results.
Ajwain seeds are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. They can even be chewed raw, to minimise cough
Instant relief to Acidity: Take 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of carom seeds and add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder to it. Take this mix with water daily to cure heartburns.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼