Today’s top news:
- Centre announces nationwide COVID vaccine rollout on Jan 16 after 2 successful ‘dry runs’
- The next round of talks between the Centre and farmer leaders will be held on 15th of this month.
- An earthquake measuring 4.2 on Richter scale shook Dharamsala on Saturday evening
- Bird flu confirmed in 7 states; samples from Delhi, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh sent for testing.
- A 40-year-old Punjab farmer, who was taking part in the protest at the Singhu border against the Central farm laws, allegedly took his own life by consuming some poisonous substance on Saturday evening: The farmer, Amarinder Singh, was a resident of Punjab’s Fatehgarh Sahib district.
- The Centre on Saturday sought dismissal of a review petition seeking information about funds received by the Prime Minister’s Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation (PM CARES) Fund. An affidavit was filed by Pradeep Srivastava, Under Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- In a horrific tragedy, ten newborn babies died after a fire broke out at a neo-natal care ward of a state-run hospital at Bhandara in eastersn Maharashtra in the early hours of Saturday.
- Former India cricketer Irfan Pathan marks his debut on the silver screen with a Tamil film ‘Cobra’. The teaser of the movie came out on Friday, January 8.
- Actress Dia Mirza’s former manager, Rahila Furniturewala, has been arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Saturday in relation to the ongoing investigation in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.
- GoAir on Friday sacked a senior pilot for posting allegedly derogatory on PM Modi on social media. The pilot was made to apologise as per airline policy.
- Air India’s woman power flies high around the world: Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri said that
All women cockpit crew consisting of Capt Zoya Aggarwal, Capt Papagari Thanmai, Capt Akansha Sonaware & Capt Shivani Manhas will operate the historic inaugural flight between Bengaluru & San Francisco. Flight AI176 departed from San Francisco in the USA at 8.30 pm (local time) on Saturday and land at the Kempegowda International Airport at 3.45 am (local time) on Monday.
- India’s civil aviation regulator, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), has issued guidelines to airlines and other aircraft operators for transportation of Covid-19 vaccines.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Indian Army takes Chinese soldier into custody after he crossed over to the Indian side of LAC in Ladakh, in the South Pangong Lake.
- Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by resorting to unprovoked firing and mortar shelling on forward posts and villages along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) in Rajouri and Kathua districts of Jammu and Kashmir,
- A former Pakistani diplomat Zafar Hilaly admitted on a news television show that 300 terrorists had died in the Balakot airstrike on February 26, 2019 . The strike was in response to the terror attack in Pulwama in which 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives.
- 23 Indian sailors onboard Indian ship Jag Anand which has been stuck at Chinese port of Jingtang since June last year, have finally got respite as the ship is all set to sail to Chiba, Japan for a crew change.
- After prolonged talks between Indian and Chinese sides, the ship will finally sail to Japan for crew change. After being onboard for around a year since it started the voyage from Australia laden with Australian coal, the crew members will be finally relieved from the ship.
- BSF hands over 6 Pakistani nationals within 24 hours after they ‘illegally’ crossed over
- An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan has asked the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Pak Punjab Police to arrest banned Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar by January 18 in a terror financing case.
- Indonesian plane with 62 passengers crashes: The plane took off from Soekarno-Hatta Airport. Indonesia’s Sriwijaya Air lost contact with a Boeing 737-500. It was heading to Pontianak, the provincial capital of West Kalimantan.
- China confirmed on Saturday that preparations were still ongoing for a World Health Organization (WHO) mission to Wuhan to investigate the origins of Covid-19,
- An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan on Saturday sent the main accused, along with 55 others, arrested in the vandalisation of a Hindu temple by a mob led by members of a radical Islamist party in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
- US Democrats could start the process to impeach outgoing President Donald Trump on the charge “incitement of insurrection” by his supporters who stormed the Capitol at his instigation as soon as Monday if he doesn’t resign “immediately”.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth and her husband Philip, both in their nineties, have received vaccinations against COVID-19, Buckingham Palace
- Coronavirus Cases :
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju has urged corporate India and leading Public Sector Units to come forward to contribute to the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) as part of their corporate social responsibility.
- BORDER-GAVASKAR TROPHY, 2020/21, 3RD TEST
Australia 338 (105.4) , 117/2 (38.1)
Australia lead by 211 runs with 8 wickets remaining
India 244 (100.4)
$USD 73.34 💷GBP 99.49
In Gangtok (Sikkim)
🥇Gold ₹50,380@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 71,940@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 85.50
⛽ Diesel ₹ 76.99
₹ 847.00 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Smallest state (Area) – Goa Smallest state (population) – Sikkim Smallest state (forest area) – Haryana Smallest Union Territory – Lakshadweep
Thought of the day
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”
Joke of the day
Train mein Warning likhi thi…..
Bina Ticket safar krne wale Yaatri Hoshiyaar..
Santa- Waah, toh jisne ticket li woh bewkuf
Bangladesh old name was …….. East Pakistan
Why should one not sleep under the trees at night.
During the day, in presence of sunlight, the plants use up the CO2 and release O2 in the process of photosynthesis. But during night, plants won’t perform photosynthesis so they are unable to use the CO2 and this further leads to increase in the proportion of CO2 in the air. During night the trees breathe in oxygen and release CO2. If one sleeps under the trees, the amount of increased CO2 in the air around will certainly affect the health. So it is inadvisable to sleep under trees during night.
How it works ⁉
The shuttlecock used like a ball consists of a cork head (made from the bark of the cork tree) a skirt of overlapping 16 feathers, threads and glue. In China, goose feathers are used. In India, white duck. Only six feathers in each wing can be used to make a shuttlecock.
Badminton game Invented in India in a version called poona.
British army officers learned the game about 1870.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
matra-sparsas tu kaunteya
tams titiksasva bharata
O son of Kunti, nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : The4se home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
You can cure dandruff using mehndi. Mehndi works well on your hair and softens it. Here is how you prepare the mehndi mix for your hair.
Firstly, mix mehndi with curd and a little bit of lemon juice
Once this is formed as a paste, keep the mixture aside for 8 hours.
After 8 hours you can apply it on your hair
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼