09 Oct (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Ashvina 29, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Uttara Bhadrapada (up to 4:20 pm) Revati
Tithi: Purnima/ Pratipada
RahuKaal: 04:35 PM – 06:03 PM
WEEKEND UPDATES : https://youtu.be/leMH53uzUYI
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Valmiki Jayanti 2022 : Birth anniversary Maharshi Valmiki’s is celebrated every year on the full moon or Purnima in the month of Ashwin. Maharishi Valmiki, best known for writing The Ramayana, this day is also known as ‘Pargat Diwas’.
- Today Eid Milad-Un-Nabi 2022, it is one of the most important festivals celebrated by Muslims worldwide. It also known as Eid-e-Milad or Mawlid,
- The India Meteorological Department, IMD has issued an orange alert and forecast heavy to very heavy rainfall in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Madhya Pradesh, and Gujarat.
- Centre constitutes a 9-member task force for monitoring Cheetah introduction project.
- UPSC launches mobile app for examination, recruitment-related information.
- ASSAM : Union Home Minister Amit Shah chairs 2nd regional meeting on ‘Drug Trafficking and National Security’ in Guwahati; Calls for drug-free India.
- ANDHRA : Vizianagaram in AP is gearing up for the annual Sirimanotsavam, which will be held on 11th of this month. It is a major festival of the presiding deity of Vizianagaram town Sri Pydithalli Ammavari Jatara.
- DELHI : The BJP on Friday demanded the resignation of Delhi Social Welfare Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam over his alleged involvement in a function held in New Delhi on 06 Oct, where thousands of Hindus got converted to Buddhism.
- GUJARAT : PM Modi will be on a 3-day visit to Gujarat starting from 09 Oct to dedicate and lay the foundation stone of projects worth over 14 thousand 500 crore rupees. He will visit Mahesana, Bharuch, Jamnagar, and Ahmedabad.
- HARYANA State Election Commission has announced the poll schedule for all three tiers of Panchayati raj institutions in 10 districts. These districts are Bhiwani, Fatehabad, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, Mahendergarh, Nuh, Panchkula, Panipat, and Yamunanagar.
- MAHARASHTRA : Election Commission freezes name and symbol of Shiv Sena. Two factions have been asked to submit list of alternate names and symbols by Monday.
- The Commission passes interim order saying in Andheri East assembly bye polls neither of the two groups will be permitted to use the symbol Bow & Arrow reserved for Shiv Sena.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis condemned Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s controversial statement against Vinayak Damodar Savarkar that he was getting a stipend from the British.
- MADHYA PRADESH : PM Modi to inaugurate first phase of Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple Extension project Ujjain.
- 800 crore Rs works of this expansion project are being conducted in two phases. In the first phase, works worth Rs 351 crore have been completed. PM Modi will inaugurate these works of the first phase on October 11. The second Phase will be completed in 2023-24.
- BJP announces its candidates for upcoming assembly by-elections in Haryana, Telangana & UP.
- RAJASTHAN , four people were killed and 16 suffered injuries due to multiple gas explosions in Jodhpur.
- TELANGANA : Senior Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge on Saturday said that the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) cannot become a national party by changing its name. He said that several regional parties changed their names in the past to go national, but nothing happened. “ADMK became AIADMK, TMC became All India TMC.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Union Minister of Road Transport and highways Nitin Gadkari along with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath today jointly inaugurated the 81st annual session of the Indian roads Congress in Lucknow.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath has ordered a massive campaign for pothole-free roads in the state to boost ease of movement.
- UTTARKASHI AVALANCHE: A total of 26 bodies of the mountaineering team have been recovered so far, including 02 instructors and 24 trainees, in the avalanche caused by Draupadi’s Danda-II peak in Uttarkashi.
- MAHARASHTRA , 11 people were killed and 21 injured in Nashik after the bus in which they were travelling collided with the tanker on the Mumbai-Aurangabad highway during wee hours 08 Oct.
- Indian authorities on Saturday has arrested six Pakistani nationals and seized heroin worth tens of millions of dollars from a Pakistani fishing boat in the Arabian Sea near the western state of Gujarat.
- Former Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik has been questioned by the CBI in connection with two graft cases registered in Jammu and Kashmir in April based on allegations levelled by him. Malik had claimed that he was offered a ₹300 crore-bribe for clearing two files during his tenure as J&K’s Governor between August 23, 2018 and October 30, 2019.
💷 GBP ₹91.83
BSE Sensex : 58,191.29 −30.81 (0.053%) 🔻
NIFTY : 17,314.65 −17.15 (0.099%) 🔻
- HDFC Life Insurance has launched the ‘Insure India’ campaign which aims to educate Indian on the benefits of life insurance as a product category.
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Prashant Kumar as the MD & CEO of Yes Bank for a period of 3 years. The appointment is effective from 6th October 2022.
- Mohit Bhatia- New CEO of Bank of India Mutual Funds.
- Kishore Kumar Poludasu appointed as new MD and CEO of SBI General Insurance.
- IMF’s 2022 GDP estimates — they take into account 2022-23 GDP data for India — rank India at the 5th place and by 2027, India is expected to become the 4th largest economy in the world overtaking Germany.
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) expects India’s economy to grow 5.7% in 2022 and 4.7% in 2023. India’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew 8.7% in FY22.
- IDBI Bank privatisation: Govt, LIC to sell 60.72% stake, invite bids
- RBI releases Concept Note on Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) to create awareness about Digital Rupee
- India’s foreign exchange reserves decline to $532.66 billion in the week ended Sept. 30.
- A. Balasubramanian re-elected Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
- Director AR Murugadoss and actor Suriya are reportedly reuniting for
‘Ghajini 2’. The Tamil film, which was released in 2005, also featured Asin, Nayanthara and Pradeep Singh Rawat. The film was remade in Hindi starring Aamir Khan in the lead role.
- Arjun Kapoor is not a part of ‘Pushpa 2’, confirms producer
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly roped in Israeli actor-writer Lior Raz, the creator of the action-thriller series ‘Fauda’, to train Aryan Khan for his debut as a writer. According to the report, Aryan is working on a web series which will be backed by Red Chillies Entertainment.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrated its 90th anniversary in Chandigarh. On the occasion, a ceremonial parade was held at the air force station.
- Nearly 80 military aircraft and helicopters have participated in the Air Force Day fly-past at the Sukhna Lake complex. This is the first time that the annual parade and fly-past are being held outside Delhi-NCR.
- Govt announces creation of Weapon System Branch and unveils new combat uniform for air force personnel.
- On the occasion of 90th Air Force Day, Air Force Station Jammu inaugurated the Station Conference Hall dedicated to the ‘son of the Soil’ braveheart, Flt Lt Advitiya Bal. Born on 16 Jul 1996 at MH Jammu, as a true “Son of the Soil” gave the ultimate sacrifice in the ‘Line of Duty’ on 28 Jul 2022 while flying a Battle Inoculation Training mission on a Mig-21 Type 69 trainer aircraft.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Senior Diplomat Sibi George was appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Japan. Sibi George is a 1993-batch Indian Foreign Service Officer.
- India objects to US ambassador to Pakistan Donald Blome’s visit to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK); calling it “Azad Jammu and Kashmir”
- The Indian High Commission in London said it is probing reports that illegal agents are charging fees to process visas of travellers going to India from the UK. The statement comes amid reports there is a shortage of visas for British tourists.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lanka’s president Ranil Wickremesinghe said that the country has started debt restructuring talks with China.
- An explosion caused the partial collapse of a Kerch bridge that was linking the Crimean Peninsula with Russia on Saturday.
- The United States imposed sanctions on Iranian officials over crackdowns on protestors.
- The World Bank’s report titled “Poverty and Shared Prosperity 2022: Correcting Course” provides the first comprehensive assessment of the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on poverty in developing countries.
- NASA has shared a new picture of Jupiter’s Europa moon, which is the smallest of the gas giant’s four Galilean moons and also the sixth largest moon in our solar system. The picture was taken by NASA’s Juno spacecraft on September 29, 2022.
- 8 killed in clashes between pro-govt forces and Houthis in Yemen.
- Japan and the US are conducting a joint military drill involving US aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan in Japan’s vicinity in light of North Korea’s repeated missile launches. North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday that landed outside Japan’s exclusive economic zone. Prior to that, Pyongyang fired an intermediate-range missile over Japan on Tuesday
- Women’s Cricket, India defeated host Bangladesh by 59 runs in a round-robin encounter of the T20 Asia Cup in Sylhet.
India 159/ 5
Bangladesh : 100/7 ( 20 overs).
- 36TH NATIONAL GAMES: Services Team continue to dominate the medal tally with 100 medals including 42 gold, 31 silver and 27 bronze followed by Haryana with 75 medals including 29 gold, 23 silver and 23 bronze.
Maharashtra is at third position with 102 medals including 26 gold, 27 silver and 49 bronze. Karanataka and Tamil Nadu are on fourth and fifth place with 21 and 20 gold medals respectively.
Goa will host the 37th National Games in October next year, the Indian Olympic Association said on Saturday
- Mallakhamb competitions begin at National Games
Mallakhamb is an Indian indigenous sport that is a part of the 36th National Games. Mallakhamb is the display of aerial yoga and wrestling grips with vertical stationary or hanging wooden poles.
- INDIA VS SOUTH AFRICA ,
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
- Ladakh Lt Governor Ladakh RK Mathur inaugurated 2nd LG Cup Horse Polo Tournament at International Horse Polo Stadium in Drass. Teams from both Ladakh as well as J&K UT are expected to participate in the tournament.
- India’s 18-year-old opener Shafali Verma has broken the world record for being the fastest batter to reach 1,000 runs in T20I cricket.
She achieved the feat during India’s Women’s Asia Cup 2022 match on Saturday. Shafali got to 1,000 runs aged 18 years and 253 days. This record was earlier held by Jemimah Rodrigues aged 21 years and 32 days.
Frmn : 01 Nov 1956
Govrnr: Thawarchand Gehlot
CM: Basavaraj Bommai
Districts : 31
🥇Gold ₹ 53,390 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 66,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.94/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.89/Ltr
⛽ CNG ₹ 85.00/Kg
LPG : ₹ 1,050.50 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Both Himanchal and uttarakhand are situated in mid Himalayase have been locally known as ‘Devbhumi ‘. Both of the states as well have their official state tourism taglines reading ‘Devbhumi’ and find their mentions in our ancient Hindu scriptures.
In the Puranas, Uttarakhand was the ancient term for the central Indian Himalayas. … At that time, present-day Uttarakhand was also reportedly inhabited by rishis and sadhus. Uttarakhand & Himachal known as “the land of the gods” (Devbhumi) because of its number of Hindu pilgrimage sites.
😀Thought of the day
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us .
JOKE OF THE DAY
Aaj-kal ke online classes bachche ko kya samajhenge.
hamane kin mushkil paristhitiyon mein padhai ki hai,
kabhi kabhi to mastar ji hamen
Mood Fresh karne ke liye hi koot diya karte the!! 🤪🤣
Why Cylinder is painted in Red?*
Red colour light has the highest wavelength in the visible spectrum. So, it is visible even from a long distance. Red colour is used for anything which is dangerous or urgent. As we know that LPG is highly inflammable, it is painted red for the safety of the consumer.
कर्म ज्यायो ह्यकर्मणः ।*
karma jyāyo hyakarmaṇaḥ।
अकर्म कि अपेक्षा कर्म श्रेष्ठ होता है।
Action is always greater then inaction
तैलम् : Oil
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
All-purpose flour, Maida also known as refined flour or simply flour, is made from wheat grains after removing the brown covering. It is then milled, refined and bleached. It is white and powdery unlike whole wheat flour which is creamish and grainy.
Maida is made from the endosperm and it is developed from the starchy white part of the grain. The bran is separated from the germ and endosperm which is then refined by passing through a sieve of 80 mesh per inch (31 mesh per centimeter).
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
World Postal Day is celebrated on 9 October* every year to raise awareness among people about the role of the postal sector for people and businesses every day. In 1874, the Universal Postal Union was established in Bern, Switzerland and its anniversary is declared as the World Postal Day by the Universal Postal Union Congress in Tokyo, Japan in 1969.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 189 countries …
Formation: 27 December 1945.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Amjad Ali Khan Bangash (born 9 October 1945) is an Indian classical sarod player, best known for his clear and fast ekhara taans. Khan was born into a classical musical family and has performed internationally since the 1960s. He was awarded India’s second highest civilian honour Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Left out in the cold*
Example: As soon as she went to the table where the group was sitting, they stopped talking. She was left out in the cold.
Incongruous × Compatible
Incongruous : inappropriate
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Navaratri involves the stories of Goddess Durga /Parvati .*
3rd day ChandraGhanta = Historically, Maa Parvati adorned her forehead with the Ardha Chandra(Crescent moon ) after getting married to Lord Shiva(Maheshwara) Hence, she’s worshipped on the third day. establishes justice and wears a crescent moon on her head.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Carrot juice daily*
Carrots are a good source of carotenoids,which act as antioxidants and help detoxify the system.
This juice helps regulate and reduce the high level of glucose in the blood.
Potassium in carrot juice can help lower bad cholesterol in the body.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼