09 May (Monday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 23 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 09(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Ashlesha (5:08 pm) Magha
Titi: Ashtami (up to 6:32 pm)Navami
RahuKaal: 07:30 AM – 09:08 AM QUICK REVIEW https://youtu.be/HIiPtplTXgY
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- The govt has said that the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate (NEET PG 2022) has not been postponed and will be held as scheduled on 21st of May.
- The Centre has defended the sedition law and requested the Supreme Court to reject the pleas challenging it.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia and Judge in Gujarat High Court Justice Jamshed Burjor Pardiwala as Judges of the Supreme Court.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu extends greetings on occasion of Mother’s Day on 08 May.
- On World Red Cross Day, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has appreciated the outstanding work of volunteers of Red Cross through their multi-pronged humanitarian efforts and tireless contribution to people in need.
- On the occasion of World Thalassemia Day, Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda virtually addressed the webinar “Challenges in Thalassemia 2022” in New Delhi.
- The unemployment rate for people above 15 years in urban areas slipped from 10.3% to 8.7% between October and December 2021, the National Statistical Office (NSO) data revealed on Sunday.
- PM Modi expresses grief on passing away of Odia Writer Rajat Kumar Kar.
- ASSAM : Union Home Minister Amit Shah to launch several development projects in Assam today.
He will inspect the Indo-Bangla Border at Sahapara. lay the foundation stone for Central Workshop and Stores of Central Armed Police Forces and State police in North Eastern States and will also launch Khadi and Village Industries products at Kalcheni in Tamulpur district.
- ANDAMAN : An earthquake of magnitude 4.4 occurred at around 1:11 am, 85km NNE of Campbell Bay , Andaman and Nicobar island.
- BIHAR The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has cancelled the 67th Combined (Preliminary) Competitive Examination after question paper leaked, probe launched.
- HARYANA : The Archaeological Survey Of India (ASI) has found the remains of a 5,000-year-old Indus Valley era factory which used to manufacture jewellery, in Haryana’s Rakhigarhi village. The skeletons of two women, jewellery, utensils and other artefacts were also found during the excavations
- HIMACHAL : After Khalistan flags were found tied to the main gate and boundary wall of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly, CM Jairam Thakur said he has directed police to constitute a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the incident. “Strict action will be taken against the accused.
- J&K : Two terrorists were gunned down by security forces in an encounter at Cheyan in Devsar area of Kulgam district in Jammu and Kashmir. J&K Director General of Police, Dilbag Singh said.
- Former J&K Education Minister and National Panthers Party (NPP) chief, Harsh Dev Singh, joined AAP in presence of party leader Sanjay Singh in New Delhi
- KERALA Governor Arif Mohammad Khan stressed the need to revive India’s ancient culture and restore the principles of ‘Sanatan dharma’ through proper education in the country. He said while Inaugurating a school in Kalan block in Shahjahanpur District of Uttar Pradesh
- MADHYA PRADESH govt launches second phase of Ladli Laxmi scheme to make girls self-reliant. 42 lakh girls have been registered till April this year under Ladli Laxmi Yojana. So far, more than 9 lakh girl students have been paid a scholarship amount of Rs 231 crore.
- MAHARASHTRA : IIM-Nagpur will promote among students mindset of becoming Job-Creators, says President Kovind while inaugurating the campus
at Indian Institute of Management-IIM in MIHAN area of Nagpur.
- The Maharashtra government will seek cancellation of bail given to MP Navneet Rana and her MLA husband Ravi Rana in the Hanuman Chalisa issue, public prosecutor Pradeep Gharat said.
- PUNJAB: Police on Sunday found an explosive device packed with around 1.5 kilograms of RDX and arrested two men in a village in the Tarn Taran district. The IED, packed in a metal box weighing over 2.5 kilograms, was also equipped with a timer, detonator, battery and shrapnel, police said. Police further claimed that they averted a possible terrorist attack.
- AAP MLA Inderbir Singh Nijjar was elected the new president of the century-old charitable-cum-educational body Chief Khalsa Diwan (CKD). Nijjar is the legislator from the Amritsar South constituency.
- UTTAR PRADESH: CM Yogi Adityanath has warned that no religious event will be allowed on the roads of the state to avert communal tension. Adityanath said that such events should take place inside the premises of religious places.
- A plea was filed in the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court seeking the directions to the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) to probe the 22 closed doors in the Taj Mahal to ascertain the presence of the idols of Hindu deities. It has been said in the petition that the idols of the Hindu deities are locked up behind closed doors.
💷 GBP ₹94.98
BSE Sensex 54,835.58
NIFTY : 16,411.25
- The retail inflation rate in India, which has been on the rise since September last year, touched 6.07 per cent in February this year, according to the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO).
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) forecasts India’s GDP growth to moderate to 7.5% in 2022-23 from an estimated 8.9% in 2021-22, but will pick up to reach 8% in 2023-2024.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said retail investors have played a key role in the markets in the last two years.
- Life Insurance Corporation’s (LIC) public issue was subscribed 1.79 times on the fifth day of bidding on Sunday. The offer has received bids for 29.07 crore equity shares against the IPO size of 16.2 crore equity shares. The policyholder portion was booked 5.04 times, followed by the employee portion, which was booked 3.79 times.
Actor Preity Zinta on Sunday shared a picture featuring her mother Nilprabha Zinta and her twins–son Jai Zinta Goodenough and daughter Gia Zinta Goodenough. They celebrated the children’s first Mother’s Day together
- Indian Navy and Coast Guard ships will be involved in training with Saudi officials. The First Training Squadron comprises of three Indian Navy ships and one Indian Coast Guard ship and is meant to provide hands-on, real-world training to newly-commissioned officers of the Navy and Coast Guard.
Four ships of India’s First Training Squadron are on a four-day visit to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia as part of a five-nation overseas deployment.
- Army organises ‘Educative Health Forum’ for women in J&K’s Machhal
The Indian Army organised an “Educative Health Forum” in the remote Machhal sector of J&K’s Kupwara District this month to counsel women on health issues, education and government schemes
- The army and police in J&K’s Kishtwar district on Saturday rescued two people from drowning in the Chenab river following a nearly five-hour-long rescue operation. The pair got stuck after attempting to cross the river in their earth-mover. Both were sitting on the roof of the vehicle when they were finally rescued in pitch dark.
- In 2021-22, the Border Roads Organisation completed 102 infrastructure projects including world’s longest highway tunnel and highest motorable road.
In 2021-22, 102 infrastructure projects, including 87 bridges and 15 roads, were completed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO), the most in a single year.
These projects include the construction of the world’s longest highway tunnel, above 10,000 feet, named Atal Tunnel at Rohtang and the world’s highest motorable road over Umling La in Eastern Ladakh.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Mauritius PM launches 2nd phase of India-Mauritius flagship metro project :. Mauritius PM Pravind Jugnauth inaugurated the Quatre Bornes to Phoenix segment of India-Mauritius flagship Metro Express project on Sunday. The project was financed from the $190 billion Line of Credit extended from India in January this year.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- World’s richest man Elon Musk, who’s acquiring Twitter for $44 billion, plans to launch a new Twitter product codenamed “X”,
- Syrian Prez meets Iranian Prez during surprise visit to Iran : Syrian President Bashar al-Assad made a surprise visit to Iran on Sunday, meeting Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Ebrahim Raisi.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Sunday made an unannounced visit to Ukraine amid the war in the country. Canada on Sunday lifted all duties on imports from Ukraine for one year.
- Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan has stated that the US wanted to establish military bases in the country during his tenure, something he would have never allowed. Khan stated that the US wanted bases in Pakistan to “conduct” counter-attacks in case of terrorism in Afghanistan.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore,
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 67 runs
RCB – 192/3 (20)
SRH – 125 (19.2)
Player of the Match
b. Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals,
Chennai Super Kings won by 91 runs
CSK – 208/6 (20)
DC – 117 (17.4)
Player of the Match
c. May 09, Mon
Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders
56th Match at Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur defeated 12th-seeded Jessica Pegula 7-5, 0-6, 6-2 at Madrid Open to win her first WTA 1000 title on Saturday. Notably, the 27-year-old became the first Arab woman to win a 1000 title.
UTTAR PRADESH: LUCKNOW
Formed : 24 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Anandiben Patel
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Dist : 75
🥇Gold ₹51,860 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹105.25/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹96.83/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1038/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The World’s First Granite Temple is the Brihadeswara Temple at Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu. The shikhara of the temple is made from a single 80-tonne piece of granite. This magnificent temple was built in just five years, (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola
😀 Thought of the day
Knowledge is the most important thing without which one can not achieve his goal.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher: Dear students i will teach lesson on sun tomorrow
Pappu : sorry mam, my father doesnt allow me to go on sun
Why are most wires black?
There are two main reasons why most wires are black. The first reason is cost. The base material, carbon black, is amongst the lowest cost item you can add to the materials used in making wire insulation and jackets.
The second reason is long term exposure to sunlight. Again, because of carbon black. Carbon black is a fantastic material to provide resistance to sunlight exposure. To make wire coloured means less carbon black and more of other pigments. This can make it difficult to have wire that is sunlight resistant. As a result, wire that is intended to be used in direct sunlight where colours are needed, the wire needs to tested, approved and marked as Sunlight Resistant (SR).
Other reasons could include ability to show dirt.
‘ Atithi Devo Bhavah ’ is also integral. It means ‘ The guest is equivalent to God ’.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Vaccine work?
Vaccines contain weakened or inactive parts of a particular organism (antigen) that triggers an immune response within the body. Newer vaccines contain the blueprint for producing antigens rather than the antigen itself.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is the premier agency in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, It was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production of the Indian Ordnance Factories with the Defence Science Organisation.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Pratap Singh I (pronunciation ) (9 May 1540 – 19 January 1597) popularly known as Maharana Pratap, was the 13th king of Mewar, a region in north-western India in the present day state of Rajasthan
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Do something at the drop of a hat
Do something without having planned beforehand
Harmful x Harmless
chubby ~ plump
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Literally the word means “womb chamber”, from the Sanskrit words garbha for womb and griha for house. Only ‘priests’ ( pujari) are allowed to be there.
The inner sanctum in a temple (especially a Hindu temple), typically having one doorway and no windows, containing an image of the god to whom the temple is dedicated.
Darkness in the garbhagriha is the symbolic representation of the cosmic darkness that envelops the world at the end of a cycle of creation
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drumstick benefits for male are that
a. It maintains prostate health.
b. Manages Erectile Dysfunction.
c. Regulates blood sugar levels, &
d. Improves fertility levels among men.
Moreover, it promotes anti aging properties on your skin, improves hair health, makes bones strong, and aids in weight loss.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼