Today’s top news:
- Indian Railways has launched an integrated “Rail Madad Helpline number 139”. This helpline number can be used for all type of queries.
- The HDFC Bank has launched the “SmartUp Unnati mentoring Programme”. This programme was launched to provide its support to the women entrepreneurs.
- The second part of the Budget Session of Parliament commenced on Monday (March 8). The second leg of the session will conclude on the 8th of next month.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla met women parliamentarians and women journalists, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, in Parliament House Complex on Monday.
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, laid down the foundation stone for conservation works of Singorgarh Fort at the Singrampur village of Damoh district in Madhya Pradesh on March 7, 2021 .
- Asaduddin Owaisi’s All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen has sealed a poll alliance with TTV Dhinakaran’s Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam for the upcoming Tamil Nadu election.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat arrived in New Delhi on Monday and met central Bharatiya Janata Party leaders amid speculation that the party is mulling political changes in the state.
- Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Monday asserted that women are safe in West Bengal but not in Bharatiya Janata Party-ruled states like Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh, while claiming that a day will come when the country will be named after PM Modi.
- Times Now-C-Voter opinion poll has projected that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is likely to form the government in Puducherry by grabbing 18 of the total 30 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections due to take place on April 6.
- A Delhi court has held Indian Mujahideen terrorist Ariz Khan guilty in connection with the Batla House encounter case. Encounter specialist and Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma, who led the police action, was also killed during the operation.
- Punjab Budget: Old-age pension increased to Rs 1,500 from 750; free travel for women in govt buses
- JEE Main Result 2021 for February session exam is declared at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates who have appeared in the entrance exam for admission to B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, or B. Planning can now check their NTA scores online.
- seven people were killed in an inferno in a multi-storeyed New Koilaghat building on Strand Road which houses the zonal offices of Eastern and South Eastern Railways Kolkata. Out of them, four were firefighters, one assistant sub-inspector posted at the Hare Street police station and one Railway Protection Force personnel.
- On Monday, 14,30,954 beneficiaries were vaccinated for 1st dose and 2,65,634 healthcare workers and frontline workers received the second dose of vaccine according to provisional report
- The Opposition’s persistent protest over rising fuel prices led to adjournment of both Houses of Parliament without transacting any legislative business on Monday.
- Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty, who joined the BJP on Sunday, has given a new colour to the West Bengal Assembly election
- CISF nabs four passengers for travelling on forged documents at IGI Airport, New Delhi noticed suspicious activities of two passengers later identified as Ugharej Roshan Jeevan, aged about 46 yrs. (Passport No.U8928641, Indian) and Ugheraj Asha Roshan, aged about 43 yrs (Passport No.U8929917, Indian), who were supposed to travel to Sharjah by Indigo airlines flight 6E-8213 (STD 0055 hrs).
- Coronavirus Cases:
- The Indian Naval Ships are all set to make the first-ever visit to historic port town of Mongla in Bangladesh. The ships will make part of the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebration which will be commemorating 50 years of the 1971 liberation war against Pakistan. The celebrations will be held from March 8 to March 10, 2021.
- PM Modi, will inaugurate the ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh via video conferencing today (on March 9, 2021) . He will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of several infrastructure projects in Tripura on the occasion.
- India-Pakistan pact on ceasefire observance elicits positive response, no violence at LoC in over a week.
- The International Women’s Day is being celebrated across the world on March 8, 2021. This day is observed on March 8 every year in order to help in shaping a gender equal world. The day is being observed this year under the theme – “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world” which was decided by UN Women.
- Bangladesh has announced on March 7, 2021 the names of nine individuals and one organization who will be conferred with the Highest Civilian Award of the Bangladesh called “Independence Award” for the year 2021.
- The government of Australia has suspended its defence cooperation with Myanmar and has decided to redirect the humanitarian aid which the country was providing to the government of Myanmar.
- South Korea to boost funding for US troops under new accord: The proposed six-year “Special Measures Agreement” will replace the previous arrangement that expired at the end of 2019.
- Series of blast in Equatorial Guinea city of Bata kills at least 20, over 300 injured
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Indian wrestler, Bajrang Punia, has regained the world number one ranking. He gained his ranking after winning second successive gold medal at Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series.
The wrestler defeated Tulga Tumur Ochir of Mongolia by 2-2 criteria in 65 kg the final freestyle event which was organised in Rome.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, BCCI secretary Jay Shah announced that the Indian Women cricket team will play a one-off Test against England Women later in 2021. As per reports, the fixture will be a part of India’s Women tour of England, which is scheduled to take place later in the year.
- PV Sindhu suffers crushing defeat to Carolina Marin in Swiss Open final couldn’t match the speed and accuracy of top seed Marin during her 12-21, 5-21 defeat in the final that lasted only 35 minutes.
$USD 73.37 💷GBP 101.31
🥇Gold ₹46,170@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,430@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.41
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.97
LPG : ₹ 980 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Indian Air Force women fighter pilots Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawanna Kanth and Mohana Singh are the first women fighter pilots of Indian Air Force.
Thought of the day
“Time is a great healer, but a poor beautician.”
Joke of the day
Husband & his wife went for Divorce at court.
Judge : U have 3 kids…How will u divide them?
He had long discussion with his wife & said ” Ok, sir We will come next year with 1 more kid” 😂😂
Joke doesn’t end here….
9 months later….They got twins😜😝
Bhutan is known as the Land of Thunderbolts.
Why does charcoal burn even though it is wood cinders?
A. This is because charcoal is not wood cinders but is made by burning wood slowly in an oven with little air, turning it into carbon.
Wood is made of fiber (cellulose) and minerals (metals).
When wood is burned, oxygen and other elements in the air (mainly carbon, hydrogen and oxygen) react to form carbon dioxide that is released into the atmosphere, while the minerals turn into ashes.
However when wood is burned in an oven with the flow of air stopped, oxygen inside is soon used up and is not enough to oxidize the carbon in the wood. Thus the carbon is left to turn into charcoal.
How it works ⁉
How Hair Dye is made
To achieve a permanent color, many hair dyes work using a system of ammonia (or ethanolamines in the case of some ammonia-free products), hydrogen peroxide, and p-phenylenediamine. … Next, hydrogen peroxide bleaches the hair and helps p-phenylenediamine, one of the primary coloring agents, to become trapped in the hair
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
समुद्रमाप: प्रविशन्ति यद्वत् |
तद्वत्कामा यं प्रविशन्ति सर्वे
स शान्तिमाप्नोति न कामकामी
Just as the ocean remains undisturbed by the incessant flow of waters from rivers merging into it, likewise the sage who is unmoved despite the flow of desirable objects all around him attains peace, and not the person who strives to satisfy desires.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Henna is a natural plant-based dye that’s traditionally used to create temporary tattoos directly on the skin. It can also be used to dye your hair red.
Henna comes in powder form and is probably the longest-lasting, most vibrant natural hair dye option. The color can last as long as four to six weeks.
To use henna to dye your hair:
Mix about 1/2 cup of henna with 1/4 cup of water.
Stir the mixture until it’s completely combined and feels like the consistency of mashed potatoes, adding more water if necessary.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap, and let it sit for about 12 hours. (You may need to add more water after the 12 hours so that it can be applied to your hair.)
Wash your hair without conditioning it.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼