09 Jul (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 6, (Purnimanta)
Ashada 21, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Uttara Bhadrapada (up to 7:29 pm) Revati
Tithi : Saptami (up to 8:00 pm) Ashtami
Rahu : 05:32 PM – 07:12 PM
Yamaganda : 12:32 PM – 02:12 PM
WEEKEND UPDATES: https://youtu.be/aNYq1j5jQqQ
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- North India is expected to witness heavy rains in the next four to five days. The India Meteorological Department has said.
- Delhi on Saturday saw the highest rainfall in a day since 2003. The national capital recorded 126.1 mm of rainfall between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, while it received 133.4 mm of rainfall on July 10, 2003.
- Heavy rains trigger landslides on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Ramban.
- Annual Amarnath pilgrimage was temporarily suspended on Saturday morning due to inclement weather,
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of several infrastructure projects at Hanamkonda in Telangana.
- Om Saturday Prime Minister performed puja at the historic Bhadrakali temple in Telangana’s Warangal & laid the foundation stone for various development projects worth ₹6,100 crore in the state.
- Prime Minister Modi dedicated and laid the foundation stone of Rail, Road, and Energy development projects worth over 24,300 crore rupees in Bikaner, Rajasthan on 8th July 2023, Saturday evening.
- The Ministry of Railways on 8th July 2023, Saturday announced that fares of AC chair car, and executive classes of all trains, including Vande Bharat, will be reduced by up to 25 %
- Andhra Pradesh CM gives ₹1,117 cr crop insurance on YSR birth anniversary: Commemorating former AP CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy’s birth anniversary as ‘Rythu Dinotsavam’ (farmer’s day), Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy disbursed ₹1,117 crore to over 10 lakh farmers in the state as crop insurance compensation for 2022 Kharif season.
- Former Mizo National Front (MNF) leader K Beichhua, who resigned as a minister last year, will join the BJP ahead of the Mizoram assembly polls later this year.
- Himachal Pradesh weather department has raised the ‘orange’ alert to ‘red’ for isolated spells of extremely heavy rainfall in the districts of Chamba, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Una, Hamirpur and Bilaspur.
- Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) on Saturday opposed a Uniform Civil Code (UCC), alleging that it will hurt the distinct identity of minority communities in the country.
- BJP president J P Nadda on Saturday nominated 10 party leaders, including many former state unit chiefs, to the organisation’s national executive.
- Ghaziabad Police and administration have made elaborate arrangements for the ‘Kanwar Yatra’ undertaken by devotees in the holy month of ‘Shrawan’, a senior official said on Saturday.
- The government has brought the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002. The inclusion of GSTN under the PMLA will facilitate sharing of information or material in possession of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) with GSTN.
- Congress leader Sachin Pilot on Saturday said party chief Mallikarjun Kharge advised him to forgive and forget the tussle with Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot. Both leaders have been engaged in power tussle since Congress formed government in Rajasthan in 2018.
- Vande Bharat Express will reportedly come in new colour scheme, with pictures of the train in orange-grey combination surfacing online. Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw visited the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai and inspected the production of Vande Bharat Express.
- Bihar Police has requested the Ministry of Electronics and IT to ban over 100 gambling, gaming and lending apps.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has reportedly assured a delegation of the Nagaland government that the tribals and Christians will be kept out of the purview of the proposed Uniform Civil Code (UCC). Nagaland is predominantly a Christian state and it’s home to several ethnic and tribal groups.
- The Gujarat government has doubled the insurance cover to 10 lakh rupees under Pradhan Mantri Jan aarogya Yojana (PMJAY) from the 11th of this month.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- In Manipur, the combined force of Manipur Police and Central Security forces destroyed thirty-three illegal bunkers installed in Kangpokpi and Bishnupur districts of the State.
- At least 12 people were killed and several others sustained injuries amid panchayat elections in West Bengal on Saturday.
- Two ballot boxes were thrown in a pond in the Hooghly district of West Bengal on Saturday as the panchayat polls were underway, visuals of which surfaced online. The boxes were allegedly thrown by the residents of Dhamsa after a scuffle broke out between BJP and TMC workers.
- A Dalit youth was allegedly forced to lick a man’s slipper and do sit-ups while holding his ears after an altercation in Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra.
- Acharya Sri Kamakumara Nandi Maharaj, a Jain monk missing for the last two days, has allegedly been murdered in Karnataka. Two persons, who have allegedly confessed to the crime, reportedly said they dismembered the body and threw the pieces into a tube well located in a farmland. Police said a search is underway for the body.
- The Law Commission of India has cautioned the people against fraudulent WhatsApp texts, calls, and messages being circulated regarding Uniform Civil Code.
- Pakistani woman Seema Haider, who was sent to judicial custody after entering India illegally to be with her lover has been granted bail. “I’ll end my life instead of going back to Pakistan. He also cannot live without me,” she said.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.62
💷 GBP ₹ 106.07
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,280.45 −505.19 (0.77%) 🔻
NIFTY: 19,331.80 −165.50 (0.85%) 🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 59,060/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 71,700/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- ADANI ENTERPRISES BUYS CLOSE TO 30% STAKE IN TRAINMAN FOR ₹3.5 CR: Adani Enterprises said Adani Digital Labs, its wholly-owned subsidiary, has bought a 29.81% stake in Stark Enterprises Pvt Ltd (SEPL), which owns the online train ticket booking platform Trainman, for ₹3.56 crore.
- Mukesh Ambani’s daughter Isha Ambani will join Reliance Strategic Investments Limited (RSIL), which will be renamed Jio Financial Services Limited, as a non-executive director. Former Comptroller and Auditor General of India Rajiv Mehrishi will also join RSIL as an independent director.
- Finance Ministry has asked state-controlled banks to share resources and explore the possibility of using account aggregators and generative artificial intelligence (AI) to improve their operational efficiency.
- According to the RBI, India’s foreign exchange reserves rose by $1.853 billion to $595.051 billion in the week ended on June 30.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Actor Kichcha Sudeep has filed a defamation case against producers MN Kumar and MN Suresh. This comes after the producers claimed that the actor took remuneration and agreed to do a film with them but failed to allot them dates.
- After being criticised over her statement on political leaders, Kajol wrote on Twitter that her “intention was not to demean…political leaders”. “I was merely making a point about education and its importance…we’ve some great leaders who’re guiding the country on…right path,” she wrote. Kajol, in a recent interview, said we’ve political leaders who don’t have an educational background.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh will be on a two-day official visit to Malaysia from Monday with a focus on further consolidating bilateral defence cooperation and Enhanced Strategic Partnership.
- BrahMos Aerospace’s Chief General Manager Praveen Pathak told Sputnik News that the company is in talks with six countries over sales of BrahMos medium-range supersonic cruise missiles. “There are countries with whom we are negotiating at a more advanced stage,” Pathak said.
- Ministry of Defence signed a contract with HAL for procurement of two Dornier aircraft for Indian Coast Guard at an overall cost of ₹458 crore.
- Arrested DRDO scientist Pradeep Kurulkar, who shared sensitive details about India’s missile and drone programmes with a female Pakistani operative agent, would call her “babe”, Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) said in its chargesheet. Kurulkar allegedly shared information with her “in order to establish intimate relations with her”.
- The Indian Army has deployed a large number of tanks and armoured vehicles and carried out drills in Eastern Ladakh to cross the Indus River. Special drills carried out by Indian Army’s tank formations included the T-90 and T-72 tanks and BMP infantry combat vehicles. (source of info @ TIMESOFINDIA).
- Air Vice Marshal K N Santosh VSM has assumed charge as Commandant of the Software Development Institute (SDI), Air Force, Bengaluru.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla is on a three-day visit to Mongolia leading an Indian Parliamentary Delegation.
- Election Commissioner of India, Dr. Anup Chandra Pandey is leading a three-member delegation to Uzbekistan to observe the conduct of early Presidential elections to be held on 9th July 2023, Sunday.
- Election Commission of India has signed a MOU with Panama to establish the institutional framework for their ongoing cooperation in field of election management.
- The draft Detailed Project Report of the Raxaul-Kathmandu cross-border railway project has been handed over to Nepal. After incorporating suggestions from Nepal, India will submit the final DPR to the Nepal government.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar on 8th July 2023, Saturday called on the President of Tanzania, Samia Hassan in Dar es Salaam and conveyed the personal greetings of President Droupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Apple company has removed several loan apps including Pocket Kash, White Kash, Golden Kash and OK Rupee from App Store in India.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Russia’s Defence Ministry has launched a recruitment campaign targeting women for roles as doctors, nurses, and cooks. Advertisements in Omsk, western Siberia, urged women under 50 to sign one-year contracts, offering the opportunity to serve alongside men.
- South Koreans protested Japan’s plan to discharge wastewater from the Fukushima nuclear plant. The UN watchdog approved the release of over 1 million metric tonnes of water used to cool the damaged reactors.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy posted a video of himself visiting Snake Island in the Black Sea to mark the 500th day of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. The island was seized by Russia but later reclaimed by Ukraine.
- Ikramul Haque, a suspected Al-Qaeda terrorist known as Abu Talha, and his wife were arrested in a recent raid in Bangladesh. The arrest took place in the Sabuj Bagh area of Dhaka.
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has urged closer communication between China and the United States to improve economic decision-making and asked China to join global initiatives to help poorer nations address climate change.
- Schools in Washington DC would now teach students about the Sikh community as District of Columbia State Board of Education included Sikhism in its social studies curriculum. This makes Washington DC the 18th state in US to provide knowledge about Sikhs in schools.
- 6 people killed, 2 hurt after blast at Russia explosives factory
in the central Russian region of Samara.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- India’s PV Sindhu and Lakshya Sen have advanced into the semi-finals in the Canada Open Badminton tournament.
- Two-time Olympic medallist, Sindhu beat China’s Gao Fangjie in straight games, 21-13, 21-7 in their quarter-final match of women’s singles.
- Commonwealth Games champion Lakshya defeated Belgium’s Julie Carraggi in the quarterfinal 21-8, 17-21, 21-10
- In Tennis, reigning champion Novak Djokovic beat old rival Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland to reach the last 16 and move closer to an eighth men’s singles Wimbledon title. Djokovic won 6-3 6-1 7-6 (7-5).
- Swimming Federation of India, SFI has officially announced a strong 23-member contingent in the aquatic disciplines-swimming and diving for the forthcoming 19th Asian Games to be held at Hangzhou, China in September this year.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has set up a high-profile committee to help determine whether Pakistan will travel to India for the ODI World Cup 2023. The committee will be headed by Pakistan Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari
TURKEY: Capital @ Ankara
Population: 8.6 Cr
Currency: Turkish lira (₺) (TRY)
Rs. 1(INR) = 0.32 Turkish lira
PREZ: Recep Tayyip Erdogan
VICE PREZ: Cevdet Yılmaz
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
At the time of Independence in 1947, there were 565 princely states governed by The Rajas, Maharajas, Nawabs, Zamindars in india. Princely state of Hyderabad merged into the Indian Union on 17 September 1948. On 16 May 1975, Sikkim became the 22nd state of the Indian Union, and the monarchy was abolished. Jammu became Constitutional state of India on 17 November 1952
😀Thought of the day
You can creat beauty with your attitude, behaviour, actions. It’s all up to you.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pintu* : Our New Neighbour is an “Aam Aadmi Party” Member
Frnd : How Do U Know That..?
Pintu: Today Morning When I Waved My Hand👋🏻 🙋🏻♂️to her and She Showed Me The “Broom”..!
Why crushed stones kept alongside rail tracks?* 🚆🚂
The crushed stones are what is known as ballast. Their purpose is to hold the wooden cross ties in place, which in turn hold the rails in place. Due to weather conditions & sun heat, tracks will get expansion & contraction, ground movement and vibration, precipitation buildup from rough weather, and weed and plant growth from underneath, so alignment of tracks get changed and rails couldn’t move forward.
Due to Laying of concrete and its sharp edges of the stone make it difficult for wooden logs layed under track to avoid slide over each other; thus effectively locking them in place.
The ballast distributes the load of the ties (which, in turn, bear the load of the train on the track, held by clips) across the foundation, allows for ground movement, thermal expansion and weight variance, allows rain and snow to drain through the track, and inhibit the growth of weeds and vegetation that would quickly take over the track.
रति* : Means” affection, love, desire, lust, passion and sexual pleasure” in Sanskrit. It is the name of the wife of Kamdev.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How an Electric heater works.
An electric heater🔌🏮 is an electrical device that converts an electric current into heat. The heating element inside every electric heater is an electrical resistor and works on the principle of Joule heating: an electric current passing through a resistor will convert that electrical energy into heat energy. Most modern electric heating devices use nichrome wire as the active element; the heating element, depicted on the right, uses nichrome wire supported by ceramic insulators.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Google* was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Sundar Pichai was appointed CEO of Google in 2015, In December 2019, he additionally became CEO of Alphabet Inc.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sagi Lakshmi Venkatapathy Raju, or Venkapathy Raju (born 9 July 1969) is a former Indian cricketer. He has played two World Cups for India in 1992 & 1996. He last played a Test match against Australia in Calcutta, where he captured the wicket of Mark Waugh. He continued playing for Hyderabad for many years, making the final of the 1999–2000 Ranji Trophy. He retired from first-class cricket in December 2004.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Between the cup and the lips – On the point of achievement
Wilt X Revive, bloom
Wilt = wither, perish
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Story of Triyambkeshwar Jyotrilinga
Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple is an ancient Hindu temple in the town of Trimbak, in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil in the Nashik District of Maharashtra. The origin of the sacred Godavari river is near Trimbak.
This jyotirlinga is swayambhu and huge.This jyotirlinga does not have pindi in the middle but it has a hole in the middle and inside the hole there are three pindies of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh symbolically. This linga always possess water, no body knows it’s origin.
LEGEND BEHIND TRIMBAKESHWAR TEMPLE
Legend goes that a sage name Gautam Muni resided on the Brahmagiri hill with his wife Ahilya. By virtue of his devotion, the sage received from Varuna, a bottomless pit from which he received an inexhaustible supply of grains and food. The other rishis, jealous of his fortune, arranged for a cow to enter his granary and caused it to die as Gowtam Rishi attempted to ward it off with a bunch of Darbha grass.
Gautam Rishi, therefore, worshipped Lord Shiva to bring the Ganga down to his hermitage to purify the premises. Pleased with devotion, Shiva requested Ganga to flow down and make Sage Gautam pure. After that Ganga flowed down. Lord Shiva told Ganga to stay there eternally for the good of everyone. All the Gods started singing the praises of Gautam Rishi, Ganga and Lord Shiva. On the request of all the Gods, Lord Shiva resided by the river Gautami by the name Trimbakeshwar (one of the Jyotirlingas). Hindus believe that Trimbak Jyotirlinga is one, which fulfills everyone’s desires. It emancipates all from their sins and miseries.
Godavari River also referred to as River Gautami after the name of the Sage Gautama is one of the four rivers which are believed to be bestowed with the divine nectar, Amrit and thus its banks become the hosting ground for Kumbha Mela. Its presence adds to the charm of the holy town just as the simple natural beauty characteristic of hills and mountains of Brahmagiri and Gangadwar that surround it.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Possible causes that are relatively common include:-
People often use ice packs or warm compresses, like a heating pad or damp washcloth, to relieve pain on the ear
Apply ginger juice, or strained oil that was warmed with ginger in it, around the outer ear canal. Do not put it directly into the ear.
Garlic has both antibiotic and pain-relieving properties. Soak crushed garlic for several minutes in warm olive or sesame oil. Strain the garlic out and apply the oil into the ear canal. Sleep without putting pressure on the ear
See a doctor immediately if you have discharge from the ear and eel severe pain, experience difficulty hearing.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT