09 Jul (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Ashadha 25, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 10(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Swati (up to 11:25 am) Vishaka
Titi: Dashami (up to 4:39 pm) Ekadashi
RahuKaal: 10:51 AM – 12:31 PM
VEDIK GYAN : https://youtu.be/5nqgtHABU70
TODAY’S TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID19 vaccination coverage has crossed 198 crore 63 lakh mark.
- A CLOUDBURST due to heavy rain near Amarnath cave in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday killed at least 13 people, with the number expected to rise since several people are feared missing.
Integrated Command and Control Center, Srinagar where the helpline for Amarnath Yatra under Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir is established.
Divisional Helpline number is 0194-2496240
- The Valley has been lashed with heavy downpours lately, with overnight rainfall and subsequent landslides and mudslides causing brief disruption to the Amarnath Yatra. The Jammu-Srinagar national highway was also blocked as a result of the rain-related situation.
- Two cyclonic circulations currently lie in India – one over southwest Rajasthan and neighbourhood, and another over northwest and adjoining Bay of Bengal.
- IMD Alert: Isolated very heavy rainfall along with thunderstorm and lightning is very likely over Jammu and Kashmir on July 10, over Himachal Pradesh on July 10, 11, and 12, and over Uttarakhand on July 11 and 12.
- The Indian Railways terminated the services of bullet train project head Satish Agnihotri on Thursday. Agnihotri, National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) Managing Director, was sacked after allegations of misuse of position, diverting funds.
- JAMMU : Chairman and Chief Executive Councilor (CEC), LAHDC, Kargil Feroz Ahmad Khan inaugurated a 3-day Cardiac Camp at District Hospital Kurbathang, Kargil.
- JHARKHAND : The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday carried out raids at 17 locations in Jharkhand that were linked to Pankaj Mishra, a close aide of state Chief Minister Hemant Soren and MLA representative for Sahibganj constituency.
- The Dalai Lama will make his first trip to Leh in about four years on July 15, amidst deteriorating ties between India and China over the eastern Ladakh military standoff
- MAHARASHTRA : CBI raids residences of former Mumbai police chief Sanjay Pandey, ex-NSE CEOs Chitra Ramkrishna and Ravi Narain. Raids are being conducted at 18 locations across Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Lucknow, Kota and Chandigarh.
- Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde promised to make land parcels available at the Satara-Koregaon region for the Bengaluru-Mumbai Industrial Corridor.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari on Friday suggested to the Maharashtra Government to plan townships around new roads built in Pune and Aurangabad.
- MANIPUR : Two people were killed and five were wounded after the vehicle they were travelling got swept away into a gorge by a landslide that hit NH 102 in Manipur’s Churachandpur district on Friday.
- TELANGANA : A school bus, carrying 30 students, was partially submerged in a flooded street in Mahbubnagar. The students were rescued by the locals.
- RAJASTHAN : Union Home Minister Amit Shah will chair the 30th meeting of the Northern Zonal Council (NZC) in Jaipur, Rajasthan on Saturday.
- WEST BENGAL : Bharatiya Gorkha Prajatantrik Morcha (BGPM) chief Anit Thapa met CM Mamata Banerjee and invited her to attend his swearing-in ceremony as the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) chairman on July 12.
- Four died and several others were critical after consuming spurious liquor in West Bengal’s Purba Bardhaman.
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2022 session 1 results will be announced by July 10 and will be available on jeemain.nta.nic.in.
💷 GBP ₹95.46
BSE Sensex 54,481.84
NIFTY : 16,220.60
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired a meeting with heads of Public Sector Banks and Regional Rural Banks in New Delhi on 07 Jul.
She reviewed Operational and Governance reforms in RRBs and performance of Kisan Credit Card scheme for Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) Friday imposed penalties of Rs 51 crore and Rs 10 crore, respectively, on Amnesty India and its former head Aakar Patel, citing violations of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).
- Centre directs leading Edible Oil Associations to reduce prices by Rs. 15 with immediate effect
Centre directs leading Edible Oil Associations to reduce prices by Rs. 15 with immediate effect.
- Rocketry The Nambi Effect box office collection: R Madhavan film receives good word-of-mouth, gets 9.3 rating on IMDb.
- Actor Akshay Kumar’s first look as mining engineer Jaswant Singh Gill from his upcoming film has been leaked.
- Nepali Gorkhas to be recruited in Indian Army through Agnipath scheme. Similar to terms for Indian soldiers.
- Lieutenant General Mohan Subramanian of the Indian Army has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as his new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- Defence ministry is organizing an event on GenNext Artificial Intelligence (AI) solution on July 11 showcasing the AI initiatives in Defence sector undertaken by the govt in the last three years.
Interactive session on opportunities in AI in Defence will be held along with Technology Showcase by Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) programme Startups. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be chief guest.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- President Ram Nath Kovind & PM Modi expressed grief over the demise of former Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe.
- India to observe day of national mourning on July 9 as a mark of respect for Shinzo Abe.
- The President office has said that the change of guard ceremony will not be held tomorrow on the Forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan due to National Mourning to respect former Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe.
- First Secretary of Indian embassy, Karun Bansal, on Friday inaugurated the third building of a secondary school in Nepal’s Kapilvastu district. The building was constructed with grant assistance from the Indian government at a cost of ₹2.12 crore.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Japan’s former prime minister Shinzo Abe has died in hospital after he was shot at a political campaign event.
Abe was shot at twice while he was giving a speech on a street in the city of Nara on Friday morning.
- Global leaders condemn to attack on former Japan PM Shinzo Abe on 08 Jul.
- Govt of Bangladesh announces a one-day national mourning on Saturday, 9th July on the demise of former Japanese Prime Minister ShinzoAbe.
- The festival of Rath Yatra concluded in Bangladesh on Friday with the pulling of the rope of Ulto Rath at Dhamrai, Dhaka and several other places in the country. The festival of Lord Jagannath started on July 1.
- Mexico’s anti-money laundering agency has accused ex-President Enrique Peña Nieto of managing millions of dollars in illicit funds.
- The UK’s former Finance Minister Rishi Sunak on Friday announced that he’s standing to be the next leader of the Conservative Party and UK’s Prime Minister.
- Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador on Friday said that his administration would maintain its neutral stance on the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Former Angolan President José Eduardo dos Santos dies at a clinic in Barcelona, . He served as the Angolan President for almost four decades till 2017.
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur on 08 Jul launched revised schemes of Cash Awards, National Welfare and Pension to sportspersons.
- India will take England in the second T-20 International of the three-match series at Birmingham at 7 p.m today.
- Indian shuttler, H.S Prannoy defeated Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan in two direct sets by 25-23, 22-20 in the Men’s Singles quarter-final Malaysia Masters Badminton in Kuala Lumpur.
Earlier India’s ace shuttler P.V Sindhu lost to Chinese Taipei Tai Tzu Ying 13-21, 21-12, 12-21 in Women’s Singles quarter-final match.
- Tennis, Rafael Nadal has announced that he is withdrawing from Wimbledon after failing to recover from an abdominal injury, ending his hopes of a calendar Grand Slam. Semi-final opponent Nick Kyrgios will receive a walkover into Sunday’s final.
Djokovic beats Norrie in Wimbledon semi-final, reaches his 32nd Grand Slam final.
- India will tour Zimbabwe for a three-match ODI series next month, as per reports. The three matches will be a part of the ICC ODI Super League and will take place on August 18, 20 and 22,
BIHAR : Patna
Gvnr : Phagu Chauhan
CM : Nitish Kumar
Formed : 22 Mar 1912
Dist : 38
🥇Gold ₹51,140 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹57,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹107.48/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.26/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,129/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
At the time of Independence in 1947, there were 565 princely states governed by The Rajas, Maharajas, Nawabs, Zamindars in india. Princely state of Hyderabad merged into the Indian Union on 17 September 1948. On 16 May 1975, Sikkim became the 22nd state of the Indian Union, and the monarchy was abolished. Jammu became Constitutional state of India on 17 November 1952
😀Thought of the day
You can creat beauty with your attitude, behaviour, actions. It’s all up to you.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pintu* : Our New Neighbour is an
“Aam Aadmi Party” Member
Frnd : How Do U Know That..?
Pintu : Today Morning When I Waved My Hand👋🏻 🙋🏻♂️to her and She Showed Me The “Broom”..!
Why crushed stones kept alongside rail tracks?* 🚆🚂
The crushed stones are what is known as ballast. Their purpose is to hold the wooden cross ties in place, which in turn hold the rails in place. Due to weather conditions & sun heat, tracks will get expansion & contraction, ground movement and vibration, precipitation buildup from rough weather, and weed and plant growth from underneath, so alignment of tracks get changed and rails couldn’t move forward.
Due to Laying of concrete and its sharp edges of the stone make it difficult for wooden logs layed under track to avoid slide over each other; thus effectively locking them in place.
The ballast distributes the load of the ties (which, in turn, bear the load of the train on the track, held by clips) across the foundation, allows for ground movement, thermal expansion and weight variance, allows rain and snow to drain through the track, and inhibit the growth of weeds and vegetation that would quickly take over the track.
रति* : Means” affection, love, desire, lust, passion and sexual pleasure” in Sanskrit. It is the name of the wife of Kamdev.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How an Electric heater works.
An electric heater🔌🏮 is an electrical device that converts an electric current into heat. The heating element inside every electric heater is an electrical resistor, and works on the principle of Joule heating: an electric current passing through a resistor will convert that electrical energy into heat energy. Most modern electric heating devices use nichrome wire as the active element; the heating element, depicted on the right, uses nichrome wire supported by ceramic insulators.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Google* was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Sundar Pichai was appointed CEO of Google in 2015, In December 2019, he additionally became CEO of Alphabet Inc.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sagi Lakshmi Venkatapathy Raju, or Venkapathy Raju (born 9 July 1969) is a former Indian cricketer. He has played two World Cups for India in 1992 & 1996. He last played a Test match against Australia in Calcutta, where he captured the wicket of Mark Waugh. He continued playing for Hyderabad for many years, making the final of the 1999–2000 Ranji Trophy. He retired from first-class cricket in December 2004.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Between the cup and the lips – On the point of achievement
Wilt X Revive, bloom
Wilt = wither, perish
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Story of Triyambkeshwar Jyotrilinga
Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple is an ancient Hindu temple in the town of Trimbak, in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil in the Nashik District of Maharashtra. The origin of the sacred Godavari river is near Trimbak.
This jyotirlinga is swayambhu and huge.This jyotirlinga does not have pindi in the middle but it has a hole in the middle and inside the hole there are three pindies of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh symbolically. This linga always possess water, no body knows it’s origin.
LEGEND BEHIND TRIMBAKESHWAR TEMPLE
Legend goes that a sage name Gautam Muni resided on the Brahmagiri hill with his wife Ahilya. By virtue of his devotion, the sage received from Varuna, a bottomless pit from which he received an inexhaustible supply of grains and food. The other rishis, jealous of his fortune, arranged for a cow to enter his granary and caused it to die as Gowtam Rishi attempted to ward it off with a bunch of Darbha grass.
Gautam Rishi, therefore, worshipped Lord Shiva to bring the Ganga down to his hermitage to purify the premises. Pleased with devotion, Shiva requested Ganga to flow down and make Sage Gautam pure. After that Ganga flowed down. Lord Shiva told Ganga to stay there eternally for the good of everyone. All the Gods started singing the praises of Gautam Rishi, Ganga and Lord Shiva. On the request of all the Gods, Lord Shiva resided by the river Gautami by the name Trimbakeshwar (one of the Jyotirlingas). Hindus believe that Trimbak Jyotirlinga is one, which fulfills everyone’s desires. It emancipates all from their sins and miseries.
Godavari River also referred to as River Gautami after the name of the Sage Gautama is one of the four rivers which are believed to be bestowed with the divine nectar, Amrit and thus its banks become the hosting ground for Kumbha Mela. Its presence adds to the charm of the holy town just as the simple natural beauty characteristic of hills and mountains of Brahmagiri and Gangadwar that surround it.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Possible causes that are relatively common include:-
People often use ice packs or warm compresses, like a heating pad or damp washcloth, to relieve pain on the ear
Apply ginger juice, or strained oil that was warmed with ginger in it, around the outer ear canal. Do not put it directly into the ear.
Garlic has both antibiotic and pain-relieving properties. Soak crushed garlic for several minutes in warm olive or sesame oil. Strain the garlic out and apply the oil into the ear canal. Sleep without putting pressure on the ear
See a doctor immediately if you have discharge from the ear and eel severe pain, experience difficulty hearing
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼