09 Feb (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Shishir
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksha
Month: Phalguna 4, (Purnimanta)
Magha 19, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Uttara Phalguni (10:27 pm) Hasta Uttara Phalguni
Rahu: 02:04 PM – 03:28 PM
Yamaganda : 07:07 AM – 08:30 AM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu to visit Om Shanti Retreat Centre at Gurugram to inaugurate National Convention on ‘Women as Foundation of Value-based Society’ & launch an all India awareness campaign ‘Empowering the Family.
- Union Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Minister Giriraj Singh to inaugurate the Mission Antyodaya Survey, 2022-23 and launch its website & Mobile App.
- BJP National President J.P. Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura Assembly polls at Agartala.
- PM Modi on Wednesday thanked Congress leader Shashi Tharoor in the middle of his speech. PM Modi said, “Thank you Shashi ji,” as Tharoor was among the first Congress MPs to re-enter Parliament after they staged a walkout during PM Modi’s speech.
- Union Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Communications and Railways, Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw to be Chief Guest to launch ‘Digital Payments Utsav’ a comprehensive Campaign.
- The India Art Fair – is taking place in New Delhi from February 9-12. This year there are 85 exhibitors including 71 galleries and 14 institutions.
- Social Justice & Empowerment Ministry to organise a function of Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan to dedicate Addiction Treatment Facilities (ATFs) to the nation at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Bhim Auditorium.
- Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee to hold a round table meeting on ‘Adani Economic Scam’ in Vijayawada.
- The 33rd edition of Vijayawada Book Festival will be organised from February 9 to 19 at Government Polytechnic College.
- The Yuva Sangam registration portal was launched in New Delhi. The Yuva Sangam is an initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to build close ties between the youth of the Northeast Region and the rest of India under the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. Under the initiative, over 20 thousand youth will travel across the country and gain a unique opportunity for cross-cultural learning.
- 14th edition of three-day Food-Tech Kerala, a food processing and packaging expo to begin at Rena Event Centre in Kochi.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday said a temple of Sant Ravidas, the social reformer of Bhakti movement era, will be constructed in Sagar at a cost of ₹100 crore.
- The Rajasthan state Forest Department has recently proposed to construct a zoo inside Keoladeo National Park.
- Centre Notifies Appointment Of 5 Judges To Supreme Court of India, Working Strength Rises To 32.
The 5 newly-appointed judges are:
- (i) Justice Pankaj Mithal, the chief justice of Rajasthan High Court
- (ii)Justice Sanjay Karol, the chief justice of Patna High Court
- (iii) Justice PV Sanjay Kumar, the chief justice of Manipur High Court
- (iv) Justice Ahsanuddin Amanullah, a judge of Patna High Court
- (v) Justice Manoj Misra, a judge of Allahabad High Court.
- Lawyer Lekshmana Chandra Victoria Gowri was appointed to the higher judiciary and took an oath of office as the additional judge of Madras High Court.
- Supreme Court judge Justice BV Nagarathna on Wednesday recused from hearing the border dispute between Maharashtra and Karnataka. The suit was listed before the bench of Justices KM Joseph, Hrishikesh Roy and BV Nagarathna. The suit was filed by Maharashtra in 2004, seeking to disclose certain parts of sections 3, 7 and 8 of the State Reorganisation Act, 1956.
- Uttar Pradesh government has suspended IAS officer Abhishek Singh for missing work for a long time without explanation. Abhishek, who has acted in ‘Delhi Crime 2’, was missing from duty for the last 82 days.
- Kalyani Singh, the prime accused in the 2015 murder of national-level shooter and corporate lawyer Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu alias Sippy Sidhu, has been asked by a special CBI court in Chandigarh to be present before it on February 9. Kalyani Singh was arrested under Section 302 of IPC by CBI.
- Six masked and armed suspects robbed ₹5 lakh from a Punjab National Bank branch in Rajasthan’s Dholpur district, 3 arrested after encounter.
- Mizoram CM Zoramthanga’s younger brother C Vanlalchhuana and five others have been sentenced to one year in jail in a corruption case.
💷 GBP ₹99.80
BSE Sensex: 60,663.79 +377.75 (0.63%) 🔼
NIFTY: 17,871.70 +150.20 (0.85%)🔼
- The Union finance ministry recently said governments of five states — Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh — had informed the Centre about their decision to revert to the old pension scheme.
- Under this, an employee is entitled to a 50% amount of the last drawn salary as pension.
- The pension amount is not deducted from the salary of the employee during the period of employment.
- The entire pension amount to a government employee is paid by the government.
- Under the OPS, a retired government employee used to get the benefit of the revision of Dearness Relief (DR) twice a year.
- There was the provision of the General Provident Fund (GPF) under OPS.
- The scheme was discontinued in 2004.
- Reserve Bank of India has extended the validity of authorization issued to Vakrangee to set up, own and operate White Label ATMs in India. An Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) set up, owned and operated by non-banks are called White Label ATMs.
- The Union Government has appointed K Satyanarayana Raju as its Managing Director and CEO of Canara Bank.
- Actor Dhanush’s Telugu-Tamil bilingual ‘Sir’ (Telugu)/’Vaathi’ (Tamil) directed by Venky Atluri is all set for a grand release worldwide on February 17. Ahead of the theatrical release, the film’s trailer is out now. The movie has Dhanush essaying the role of a college teacher taking on the education mafia.
- Rakhi Sawant’s husband Adil Khan Durrani sent to judicial custody. He was arrested by Oshiwara police under several charges levelled by the actress, has been sent to judicial custody by Andheri court, Mumbai.
- Rakhi Sawant’s ex-husband Ritesh Singh has come out in support of her amid her disputes with Adil Khan Durrani.
- ‘Drishyam’ Movie franchise starring Mohanlal will be remade in English and other non-Indian languages. Panorama Studios has secured the rights to both parts of the film.
- Asia’s biggest air show, to be-gin at the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru on February 13.
- Aero India 2023 will be held from February 13 to 17 in Bangalore. The forum is international and concerns the technological development and production of products in the field of aerospace engineering. The exhibition has become a traditional event for the Indian industry, being held every two years.
- The commanders’ conference of the South Western Air Command will be held at Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer Air Force Station on February 9 and 10, officials said.
- 🇷🇺Russia is clearly not giving up on its Su-57 Checkmate fifth-generation light tactical fighter project. Despite the difficulties in its development, as well as its financing, Moscow intends to proceed with a plan that it announced earlier last year. The Su-75 project is currently almost suspended since a large part of Russian resources is directed to financing the war in Ukraine.
- Israel Aerospace Industries will sign a series of Memorandums of Understanding with Indian defence contractors at an Indian defence exhibition next week. The Aero India 2023 show, India’s largest defence exhibition, begins on Sunday at the Yelahanka Airforce Base in Bangalore.
- Lauding the private sector contribution in defence manufacturing, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Anil Chauhan said India has the potential to emerge as a superpower in making military equipment and has displayed wherewithal to develop big and complex platforms. Referring to the inauguration of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.’s new helicopter factory — India’s largest chopper manufacturing unit — in Tumkur district of Karnataka.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has finalised the coordinates of three possible landing sites for its third lunar mission – Chandrayaan-3 – expected to be launched later this year.
- (i) The first moon rocket, Chandrayaan-1, was launched in 2008, and was successfully inserted into the lunar orbit.
- (ii) Chandrayaan-2 was successfully launched and inserted into lunar orbit in 2019, but its lander crash-landed on the moon’s surface when it deviated from its trajectory while attempting to land on September 6, 2019, due to a software glitch.
- (iii) The prime landing site for Chandrayaan-3 lies between Manzius U and Boguslawsky M craters on the moon.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Union Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh on Monday held a meeting with Argentina Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation Daniel Filmus and discussed bilateral cooperation between the two countries. During the meeting, Filmus sought India’s support to deploy Under India’s Presidency of G20, first three-day meetings of Environment & Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) to begin at Bengalurutechnologies for implementation by industry and facilitate the entrepreneurs in Argentina.
- A Parliamentary Delegation from Bhutan led by Wangchuk Namgyel, Speaker of the National Assembly of Bhutan, called on Tuesday President Droupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- An Indian NDRF aircraft that was carrying relief materials to the victims of earthquake in Turkey was forced to take detour as it was denied airspace by Pakistan.
- Under India’s Presidency of G20, first three-day meetings of Environment & Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) to begin at Bengaluru.
- Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton to be on a on a three-day personal visit to Kashi from 09 Feb.
- India has welcomed Congo to International Solar Alliance. The External Affairs Ministry said Ambassador of Republic of Congo, Raymond Serge Bale signed the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement in the presence of Joint Secretary (Economic Diplomacy).
- Reliance Consumer Products Limited, the FMCG firm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Retail Ventures Limited announced a strategic partnership with Sri Lanka-headquartered Maliban Biscuit Manufactories Limited.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake, death toll nears 9,500, Rescue operation is underway.
- US President Joe Biden on Tuesday highlighted the “serious challenges” America faces “across the world” and warned China that Washington “will act to protect sovereignty if threatened” by Beijing.
- China has rejected Washington’s request for a telephone call between US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin and his Beijing counterpart Wei Fenghe, The request was made on Saturday soon after a US fighter aircraft shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the coast of South Carolina.
- China has operated a fleet of spy balloons targeting several countries including India and Japan.
- Amid the inflation in Pakistan, over three dozen pharmaceutical companies have informed the Drug Regulatory Authority that they going to halt production citing the unavailability of raw materials, and sought a price increase.
- India vs Australia,
1st Test Match in Nagpur
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium,
at 9:30 AM
Australia and India, currently the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the ICC World Test Championship (WTC) rankings, will square up in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy slated to start from February 9. The four-match Test series will kick off with the first Test today.
- ICC Womens T20 World Cup 2023
On Feb 10, Friday
South Africa Women vs Sri Lanka Women
Group A at Newlands, Cape Town
22:30 IST / 17:00 GMT
Union territory: 1 Nov 1956
State frmn: 21 Jan 1972
Govrnr: Satyadev Narayan Arya
CM: Manik Saha (BJP)
Diesel Price : ₹ 89/Ltr
Petrol Price : ₹ 103/Ltr
LPG ₹ 1,213/Cyldr
Gold:₹ 57,200/10 gr(24k)
Silver: ₹ 74,100/1kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Dehradun is made up of two words: Dehra is derived from the word Dera, meaning camp or temporary settlement. Dun or Doon in Garhwali language refers to a valley that lies between the middle Himalayas and the “Shivaliks”. … This is when the word Dehra was linked to Dun, and thus the city was named Dehradun.
😀Thought of the day
Always remember that your present situation is not the end, the best is yet to come.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : what is the name of your car?
Frnd : i forgot the name, but is starts with ‘t’.🙄🤔
Pappu: oh, what a strange car, starts with tea. all cars that i know start with petrol..🤔😳🙄🤷🏻♂️
😳 WHY ❓❓❓
How we woke correct time in the morning. How our age brings changes in our physical appearance…How It happens 🤔
It is because of Biological clock⏰ that we have in our mind. Biological clocks are an organism’s innate timing device. They’re composed of specific molecules (proteins) that interact in cells throughout the body. Biological clocks are found in nearly every tissue and organ.
The circadian biological clock is controlled by a part of the brain called the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN), a group of cells in the hypothalamus that respond to light and dark signals. From the optic nerve of the eye, light travels to the SCN, signaling the internal clock that it is time to be awake.
It is the program that limits the lifespan of an individual. Circadian clock, a molecular mechanism that results in a circadian rhythm in a living organism. Circadian rhythm, biological process that displays an oscillation about 24 hours, such as the human sleep-wake cycle (the “body clock”), mensuration process in women.
Biological clocks are an organism’s innate timing device. They’re composed of specific molecules (proteins) that interact in cells throughout the body. Biological clocks are found in nearly every tissue and organ. Researchers have identified similar genes in people, fruit flies, mice, fungi, and several other organisms that are responsible for making the clock’s components.
LEARN Sanskrit 🙏🏻
नातिक्रान्तानि शोचेत प्रस्तुतान्यनागतानि चित्यानि ।
naatikraantaani shochet prastutaanyanaagataani chityaani .
One should not regret what is past. One should only think of the present and future.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How rock salt forms
The scientific name for rock salt is Halite , and its chemical formula is NaCl or sodium chlorine. Table salt is also made from rock salt, which is a naturally occurring mineral often found in large deposits near the surface of the earth.
Rock salt is found in old ocean sea beds that have long ago dried up. The compound originates from a body of sea water that undergoes an intense evaporation process, leaving behind large rings of sea salt. Then through the long process of geologic aging, the salt layers are covered with marine sediments.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
(a) The Japanese Yen is the official currency of Japan
(b) The Startup India Seed Fund Scheme aims to provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialisation.
On February 5, 2021, the Government of India made an official announcement about the approval of SISFS. It has been approved for a period of four years and was implemented with effect from April 1, 2021.
The eligibility criteria
The startup must be recognised by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
It must have incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application.
The startup should not have received more than Rs 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Babubhai Jashbhai Patel was the chief minister of Gujarat state in India.
He hold the office twice, first time from June 1975 to March 1976 as the leader of Janata Morcha and the second time from April 1977 to February 1980 as leader of Janata Party.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He’s sitting on the fence
He can’t make up his mind
Foolish × Wise
Except: Apart From
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
A story behind Garlic and Onions, why they are not used by Vaishnavas 🧅🧄
According to Vishnu Purana, Devas and the asuras jointly churned Kshirabdhi (Milky Ocean) wherefrom emerged Dhanvantari with the Amrtakumbha (pot of nectar).
But an asura mayavi (magician) called Saimhikeya absconded to Patala with the Amrtakumbha which nobody noticed as everybody was busy with dividing other divine objects. Only after the mayavi’s disappearance was it noticed that the Amrtakumbha was missing. At once Mahavisnu assumed the figure of a beautiful woman, got back the Kumbha and gave it to the devas. The devas began drinking the amrta when, at the instance of some other devas, Saimhikeya, the mayavi, assuming the form of an old Brahmin reached svarga, (Heaven) got a share of the amrta and began to drink it. Surya and Candra (Sun and Moon) who were on guard at the gates divined the secret of the ‘old Brahmin’ and informed Mahavishnu about it. Shri Vishnu immediately cut the throat of the pseudo-Brahmin with his Sudarshana Chakra. But, half of the nectar he had drunk stayed above the throat and the other half below it. Therefore, though the head and the trunk were severed they remained alive. These two parts, in course of time, evolved as Rahu and Ketu
When the throat was cut some blood dropped on the ground, and became the red onion and the white onion (garlic) respectively. So both onion and garlic originated from the throat and blood of the demons or asuras, thus their consumption brings us closer to tamo guna (mode of ignorance) which characterizes the nature of the demons and thus is detrimental to bhakti.
There are different reasons according to Vedic Sanatan Dharma
Garlic, onion and carrot increase rajas, especially sexual desire. Not good for spiritual life.
There are 3 types of foods in Hindu and Jain scientific understanding.
They are –
Rajasic, and sathwick.
Tamasic foods encourage sloth, dullness, and sexual arousal.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Rock salt provides all the essential trace minerals and greatly improves the body’s immune system,” It fights harmful bacteria and helps kick illnesses to the curb. “Rock salt is beneficial for people suffering from respiratory problems and sinus.
Rock salt is used as a condiment and preservative in Indian cuisine, especially during fasting days. It adds a great flavour to chaats, chutneys, raitas and many other savoury Indian snacks and vegetable preparations. Its coarse texture makes it easy to pick up and sprinkle on food during or after cooking.
Hence, too less or too much of salt can be dangerous for health and adding the right amount of salt is important. For an average adult daily salt intake should be approximately around 2,300 mg per day. However, in the case of high blood pressure, the ideal intake should be 1,500 mg per day.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT