09 Aug (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 23, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 23, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Krithika/ Rohini
Tithi : Taitila (up to 3:57 pm)Garija/Vanija
Rahu : 12:32 PM – 02:09 PM
Yamaganda : 07:41 AM – 09:18 AM
How to Build a Positive Attitude…? https://youtu.be/RSSS-dGaQG0
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The Nationwide Meri Mati Mera Desh Campaign will be launched today to pay tribute to the Bravehearts who laid down their lives for the country.
- Rajya Sabha passes National Nursing and Midwifery Commission Bill 2023.
- Parliament passed the Inter-Services Organisation (Command, Control and Discipline) Bill – 2023.
- Rajya Sabha passes Indian Institutes of Management (Amendment) Bill, 2023.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has congratulated people in Delhi over the passing of the Delhi Services Bill in the Rajya Sabha. He said, passing this bill is a victory for the people of Delhi.
- The Delhi Service Bill was introduced to convert the ordinance into law, granting power to the centrally appointed bureaucrats to overrule the elected CM and senior officers in the Delhi Government.
- The government has said that over two crore 41 lakh houses have been completed under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin to provide pucca houses to poor people.
- Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha Piyush Goyal has said that the issue of foreign funding to a News-portal is very serious and it raises serious questions about those who claim to speak about democracy and free press.
- BJP Parliamentary party meeting was held in the Parliament House complex in New Delhi. PM Modi calls BJP MPs for nationwide campaigns against corruption, nepotism, and vote bank politics.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been re-allotted the 12, Tughlaq Lane bungalow a day after his Lok Sabha membership was restored following the Supreme Court staying his conviction in a defamation case.
- Bharat Jodo Yatra 2.0: Congress MP Rahul Gandhi will embark on a fresh padayatra (foot march) from Gujarat to Meghalaya and during that period leaders and workers of the party’s Maharashtra unit would criss-cross the state.
- Sparks flew on the first day of the debate on the no-trust motion on Tuesday with the Opposition asserting that it was forced to do so to break Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “maun vrat” (vow of silence) on issues of national importance, including Manipur.
- ANDHRA PRADESH CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced that financial relief to the Godavari flood-hit farmers would be released by the end of this month. The Chief Minister sanctioned construction of a revetment to Godavari river bund in island villages over a stretch of 3.5 km at a cost of Rs 150-200 crore to check soil erosion in those habitations.
- MAHARASHTRA CM Eknath Shinde will inaugurate the ‘Meri Mati, Mera Desh’ campaign at Mumbai’s August Kranti Maidan today.
- In J&K, the annual Machail Mata yatra in the Kishtwar district of Jammu division is picking up pace with over 30 thousand devotees already paying obeisance at the 9,705 feet high shrine. The 43-day yatra commenced on July 25 and is scheduled to conclude on 5th September.
- GUJARAT state govt. has implemented One District One Product (ODOP) scheme with a grant of 58 crores rupees to promote its indigenous products at the international level. The Gujarat State Handicrafts and Handicrafts Development Corporation (GSHHDC) has started the implementation of this scheme.
- KARNATAKA GOVT SLASHES ENGINEERING COLLEGES’ FEE: The Higher Education Department has revised the fee structure for engineering and architecture colleges under various categories in the state. The move comes after Higher Education Minister MC Sudhakar last week announced that the engineering college fee hike will be reduced from 10% to 7% for the academic year 2023-24.
- KERALA legislative assembly on Tuesday unanimously urged the BJP led Central government to refrain from implementing measures like Uniform Civil Code (UCC) which could adversely affect the entire population and the unity of the country.
- Congress MP Rahul Gandhi will visit his constituency Wayanad on 12-13 August.
- MANIPUR: Police to take charge of checkpoint at Moirang Lamkhal on Bishnupur-Kangvai Road So far, Assam Rifles was deployed at the said checkpoint, however, now civil police and CRPF will take the charge naka.
- RAJASTHAN CM Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday announced that people involved in the crime against women including rape and molestation are being banned from government jobs.
- UTTAR PRADESH Legislative Assembly is all set to pass a new set of rules under which members will not be able to take their mobile phones inside the House, tear documents or stand or sit with their backs towards the Speaker.
- Vilas Sopan Wadekar has been recommended for the post of Director (Technical), Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC).
- The Telangana government issued orders promoting three IPS officers to the rank of Director General of Police (DGP):C V Anand (IPS: 1991: TG), Rajiv Ratan (IPS: 1991: TG) and Jitender (IPS: 1992: TG).
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned Chief Minister of Jharkhand Hemant Soren in the alleged land scam case. The central probe agency has asked the Chief Minister to appear before its Ranchi office on 14th August.
- HARYANA Government has extended the temporary suspension of Mobile Internet services in the territorial jurisdiction of Nuh District. The suspension shall be in force up to 11th August.
- The Global Kashmiri Pandit Diaspora (GKPD) welcomed the government of India’s decision to reopen cases of Kashmiri Hindu genocide from 1989-90. It hailed it as a historic step in the right direction towards full recognition of the KP genocide.
- Chief Justice of India, D.Y.Chandrachud, has announced the formation of an all-women panel, consists of three former High Court judges to oversee relief in Manipur.
- A special court in Pune, Maharashtra on Tuesday directed the transfer of investigation into the alleged terror plot case in which five persons were arrested earlier from the state Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- In a shocking incident, a 28-year-old woman was molested and forcibly stripped naked by an inebriated man on a road in Balaji Nagar, located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, Telangana.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.85
GBP ₹ 105.58
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,846.50 −106.98 (0.16%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,570.85 −26.45 (0.13%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Government has no proposal to increase the tax benefit accorded for preventive health check-ups in the country under Section 80D of Income Tax Act. The current benefit is up to rupees 5000 under this section.
- State-run Bharat Electronics Limited has set a target of Rs 20,300 crore for financial year 2023-24 as demand for indigenous products is driving growth for the company, its Chairman and Managing Director Bhanu Prakash Srivastava said.
- India’s crude oil imports from Saudi Arabia plunged by 34% in July.
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company has launched a non-linked and non-participating product Guarantee of Life Dreams (G.O.L.D.) Plan.
- Direct-to-home firm Dish TV India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 15.07 per cent increase in its consolidated net profit to Rs 20.54 crore for the April-June quarter of 2023-24 compared to Rs 17.85 crore a year ago.
- Gautam Adani
Adani Enterprises Ltd. is exploring selling its stake in its Mumbai-listed consumer-staple joint venture with Wilmar International Ltd.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Noted Malayalam director Siddique who suffered a heart attack while undergoing treatment for various ailments at a private hospital, passed away on Tuesday.
- ECL Finance Company MD and three officials were on Tuesday quizzed for nearly eight hours by the Raigad police in Maharashtra probing the alleged suicide of film art director Nitin Desai.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Parliament on Tuesday passed a bill that seeks to provide the commander-in-chief and officer-in-command of inter-services organisations disciplinary and administrative powers over personnel from other forces serving in such establishments.
- DRDO TO BEGIN TAPAS UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE (UAV) TO BEGIN MILITARY TRIALS THIS MONTH:DRDO’s TAPAS is capable of operating at altitudes up to 28,000 feet with an endurance of over 18 hours.
- Australia will host the four-nation naval exercise ‘Malabar’ involving Australia, India, Japan and the United States from August 11-21 off the eastern coast of Australia. The grouping of these four nations also called Quad will witness the capability and capacity of air defence systems, and sea operations and also detect under-sea threats with stress on interoperability.
- From the Indian Navy’s side, destroyer INS Kolkata and multi-role stealth frigate INS Sahyadri will be participating in the exercise. Australian Navy will be deploying its two warships — HMAS Choules and HMAS Brisbane.
- India is working to boost defence cooperation with Saudi Arabia, the Indian Navy has said after one of its vessels visited Jeddah last week and conducted an exercise with the Royal Saudi Navy.The Indian Navy’s largest, indigenously designed missile destroyer INS Chennai was deployed for a mission on the Red Sea on 03 Aug.
- In the face of increasing cyber and malware attacks on defence as well as critical infrastructure across the country, the Defence Ministry has decided to replace the Microsoft Operating System (OS) in all computers connected to the Internet with a new OS, Maya, based on open-source Ubuntu developed locally.
- India engages in talks with France to develop six nuclear-powered submarines.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- India,Vietnam holds 5th Joint Trade Sub-Commission meeting, reviews progress on bilateral trade and economic cooperation.
- France sets target of facilitating entry of 30 thousand Indian students by 2030: In a major push to Indian students and alumni, France has announced new initiatives to bolster academic excellence, cultural understanding, and long-lasting friendship between the two nations.
- US lawmakers to visit India to participate in Independence Day celebrations and attend Red Fort address of Prime Minister.
- The Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad and Kathmandu University (KU) have agreed to offer a Joint Doctoral Programme (JDP) at the Ph.D. level in all areas of research.
- Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre, High Commission of India, Dhaka organised a special lecture on the occasion of 82nd death anniversary of Kaviguru Rabindranath Thakur.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar spoke to Foreign Affairs Minister of the Czech Republic Jan Lipavsky on Tuesday and discussed bilateral ties and important global issues.
- A high-level delegation of the United Kashmir People’s National Party (UKPNP) held a significant meeting with members of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) at Brussels, aiming to shed light on the deteriorating human rights situation in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Russia has announced that it planned to launch a lunar lander this week.
- Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Imran Khan who is currently imprisoned in Jail, challenged his arrest in the Toshakhana case at Islamabad High Court.
- In Haiti, people in thousands marched through its capital yesterday, demanding protection from violent gangs pillaging communities in Port-au-Prince.
- Thousands of global Scouts being shifted to safer places in South Korea ahead of tropical storm.
- In the United States, at least two people died and thousands of flights were cancelled or delayed as severe storms, including hail and lightning, moved through the eastern US.
- At least seven people, including a Balgatar Union Council Chairman Ishtiaq Yaqoob, were killed in a landmine blast targeting a vehicle in Balochistan’s Panjgur district.
- China has once again asked the Philippines to remove a ship from a reef in the South China Sea, which Manila has used to stake a claim on the Spratly Islands in defiance of China’s claims. The ship, BRP Sierra Madre, was deliberately grounded in the late 1990s by the Philippines to check China’s advance in the area.
- China is facing international backlash after one of its coast guard vessels used a water cannon against a Philippine boat in the South China Sea on Saturday.
- The Hazara Express derailment, which caused over 30 deaths and scores of injuries, happened due to missing fishplates and a broken track, revealed a preliminary report.
- Nagasaki Day, observed annually on August 9th, holds a somber significance in global history. It marks the day when the Japanese city of Nagasaki was devastated by an atomic bomb during World War II. This day serves as a reminder of the immense destructive power of nuclear weapons and the need for lasting peace.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- PM Modi has congratulated Indian athletes for their incredible performance at the 31st World University Games.
- West Indies vs India, 3rd T20I
India won by 7 wkts
WI – 159/5 (20)
IND – 164/3 (17.5)
- Player of the Match: Suryakumar Yadav
Before was State of Bombay (1950–1960)
Formation (by bifurcation): 1 May 1960
Governor: Ramesh Bais
CM: Eknath Shinde
Bird: Yellow-footed green pigeon
Mammal: Giant squirrel
Tree: Mango tree
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
8 August – Quit India Movement Day
All India Congress Committee session in Bombay on 8 August, 1942, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi launched the ‘Quit India Movement’. It is also known as August Movement or August Kranti
😀Thought of the day
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पु – एक किलो शक्कर देना
दुकानदार – औऱ क्या चाहिये
पप्पु – 🤔🙄सरकारी नौकरी लगवा दे😂
Why a duck cannot fly ?
The main reason for unable to fly relates to their body weight.
Their Large feet.
Ducks have very small wings that don’t allow them to take flight.
Its body shape.
Disappear अपनिली Apnili
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A Train Horn, which is a powerful air horn, serves as an audible warning device for the railway guards, staff, and passengers.
It not just indicates the arrival or departure of the train, but every horn and its duration has a different meaning behind it.
Here is what some signals mean.
One short horn – signals that the motorman will be taking the train in the yard for a wash-up and cleaning.
Two short horns – he is asking the guard to direct the railway signal to start the train. *
Three smaller horns – means that the motormen have lost control over the motor. This is a signal for the guard to immediately pull the vacuum break.
Continuous horn – is blown to alert the passengers that the train will pass through stations without any halt.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Total airports India 486, airstrips, flying schools and military bases available in the country. 123 airports with scheduled commercial flights including some with dual civilian and army use. 35 international airports.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kapil Sibal (born 8 August 1948) is an Indian politician. A lawyer, he formerly served at the helm of various ministries in the Congress-led UPA government over the years – beginning with the Ministry of Science & Technology, then the Ministry of Human Resource Development followed by the Ministry of Communications & IT, and the Ministry of Law & Justice. Sibal was first nominated in July 1998, as a Member of the upper house of the Indian Parliament, the Rajya Sabha, from the state of Bihar.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Latin and Greek– Unable to understand
DESPAIR : Contentment, Hope
DESPAIR: Depression, misery
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pradyumna was the son of Krishna and the sixty-first grandson of Adinarayana. His mother was Rukmini, whom Krishna had eloped with from Vidarbha during her swayamvara on her request. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cumin seeds contain naturally occurring substances that work as antioxidants.
Has anticancer properties.
May help treat diarrhea.
Helps control blood sugar.
Fights bacteria and parasites.
Has an anti-inflammatory effect.
May help lower cholesterol.
Aids in weight loss.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT