Today’s top news:
- The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed their pleas challenging the Bombay high court order directing a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into allegations of corruption and misconduct levelled against him by former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Thursday tested positive for COVID-19.
- PM Modi on Thursday urged chief ministers to strengthen their efforts for the next 2-3 weeks to check the spread of the virus on a “war-footing” and proposed to call the night curfew clamped in many places as “corona curfew” to maintain public awareness about the pandemic.
- Constable Rakeshwar Singh Manhas of the 210th Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) was freed by the Maoists yesterday evening after a team of few eminent people, including a person from the tribal community, was nominated by the state government to secure his release.
- A Varanasi court on Thursday ordered an archaeological survey of the Kashi Vishwanath temple and the Gyanwapi mosque premises to resolve a lingering dispute involving the two shrines.
- A court in Varanasi has ordered the Archaeological Survey of India to carry out a physical survey of the town’s Gyanvapi Mosque, located next to the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
The court ordered the survey while ruling on a three-decade old petition, which contended that Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb had demolished an ancient temple of “Lord Vishweshwar” and “constructed a mosque with the help of the ruins of the said temple”.
- Five workers were burnt to death after an explosion at a firecracker factory in a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Bijnor district.
- Night curfew imposed in Bengaluru, 7 other cities of Karnataka from 10 pm to 5 am; Essential services exempted : Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Thursday night announced ‘Corona curfew’ (night curfew) will be imposed between 10pm-5am from 10th to 20th April in Bengaluru, Mysuru, Mangaluru, Kalaburagi, Bidar, Tumkuru, Udupi and Manipal.
- PM Modi proposes ‘Tika Utsav’ from April 11 to 14, asks states to check laxity in containing COVID-19.
- A Malawian woman has been arrested by customs officials at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport for allegedly trying to smuggle in heroin worth Rs 28 crore,
- 400th Birth Anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur: PM Modi on Thursday chaired a high level meeting to discuss the activities, which will be organised to mark the 400th birth anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru
- Indian Army Officer Breaks 2 Guinness World Records For Fastest Solo Cycling : Indian Army’s Lieutenant Colonel Bharat Pannu received his two Guinness World Record certificates.
- Three unidentified militants were killed and a security personnel was wounded in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian town on Thursday.
- New Zealand has for the first time imposed a temporary ban on travellers coming from India, including its citizens, from April 11 to 28 due to a surge in COVID-19 cases among visitors to this country .
- The United States and Iraq concluded talks Wednesday on America’s troop presence here, issuing a joint statement that emphasized the growing capacity of the Iraqi military, six years after it crumbled in the face of the Islamic State’s advance.
- The United States and Iraq concluded talks on America’s, issuing a joint statement that emphasized the growing capacity of the Iraqi military, six years after it crumbled in the face of the Islamic State’s advance.
- Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador now plans to get the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine to boost confidence in the shot after it was linked to a rare blood-clotting disorder.
- Australia on Thursday become the latest country to restrict use of the AstraZeneca vaccine by recommending that it not be given to people under age 50.
- IPL Schedule 2021: IPL 2021 is slated to take off with the opening match between defending champions Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai at 7.30 pm on April 9, 2021.
- Legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has been discharged from hospital after recovering from COVID19. He will be in home quarantine for few days.
- : In a historic first for India, four sailors from the country will compete at this year’s Olympics after Vishnu Saravanan and the pair of Ganapathy Chengappa and Varun Thakkar made the cut for Tokyo in the Asian Qualifiers in Oman.
- This was after Nethra Kumanan on Wednesday became the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics in the laser radial event in the Mussanah Open Championship, which is an Asian Olympic qualifying event.
$USD 74.56 💷GBP 102.47
In Kolkata (WB)
🥇Gold ₹47,735@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 90.77
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.75
LPG : ₹ 835.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Chittorgarh in Rajasthan is home to the Chittor Fort, the largest fort in India and Asia. Chittor also has been a land of worship for Meera, It is also known for Panna Dai . Originally called Chitrakuta, the Chittor Fort is said to have been built by Chitranga, a king of the maurya ( mori ) clan.
Thought of the day
Life is like the sea, we are moving without end. Nothing stay with us, what remain is just the memories of some people who touched us as waives
Joke of the day
दीवार पर लिखा था
“ यहां कुत्ते सुसु करते हैं!”
पप्पू ने वहां सुसु किया और
फिर हंस कर बोला:🤣😂
इसे कहते हैं दिमाग..😇🤔
सुसु मैंने किया और नाम कुत्ते 🦮का आएगा!! 😜
Why do people become mad?
Everyone of us oscillates between positive and negative emotions. Sometimes we go into the regions which are supposed to be “mad-regions”, but we are smart enough to come back to “normalcy” within reasonable time, or to fake normalcy. Those who go mad, lose themselves in those regions (which are considered to be outside normal or sensible behavior), or they don’t consider returning to normalcy important enough or worth it, or the trigger (it may be one event or a series of events) after which they plunged into “madness” affected and moved them so strongly or the emotions (like guilt or rage or chronic depression or hopelessness or absurdity of deemed hypocrisy of “normal” people that their priorities and view of life is distorted. They begin to disregard importance of living positive and constructive life and the fact that most people have to face their own problems. Perhaps madness may be caused by chemical imbalance in brain;
grass = तृणा | trunnaa.
How it works ⁉
Drones use their rotors —which consist of a propeller attached to a motor—to hover, meaning the downward thrust of the drone is equal to the gravitational pull working against it; climb, when pilots increase the speed until the rotors produce an upward force greater than gravity;
Propellers and engines give drones forward movement capabilities. In fixed-wing drones, the propeller provides forward propulsion, allowing the wing to generate lift. On rotary-winged crafts like quadcopters, propellers provide lift as well as steering capabilities by generating downward and lateral forces.
Multi-Rotor works on relative nature of force, that means when the rotor pushes the air, the air also pushes the rotor back. This is the basic principle that the Multi-Rotor can go up and down. Furthermore, the faster the rotor rotates, the greater the lift, and vice versa.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Gitanjali is a collection of poems by the Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore. Tagore received the Nobel Prize for Literature, largely for the English translation, Song Offerings. It is part of the UNESCO Collection of Representative Works
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
There are two types of apsaras: laukika (worldly), of whom thirty-four are specified, and daivika (divine), of which there are ten.
As per Indian mythology, Apsaras are beautiful, supernatural female dancers. They are often wives of the Gandharvas, the court musicians of Indra and they dance to the music made by the Gandharvas, usually in the palaces of the gods, entertain and sometimes seduce gods and men. Some famous among them are:-
Menaka, Rambha, Tilottama, Ghritachi
Manjukesi, Sukesi, Chitralu ka, Amala,
Sudati, Sundari, Vigagdha
Vividha, Budha, Sumala, Santati, Sunanda, Sumukhi, Magadhi, Arjuni
Sarala, Kerala, Dhrti
Urvashi is the most beautiful Apsara among all. Urvashi is superior in Dancing from all of other 7 Apsaras. Menaka is the most expert in Kaam Shashtra. Rambha is the most expert in Flirting.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Banana 🍌
Banana is loaded with fibre, both soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber has the tendency to slow down digestion and keep you feeling full for a longer time. Which is why bananas are often included in a breakfast meal so that you can start about your day without having to worry about the next meal
According to Ayurveda, banana has a sweet and sour taste. The sweet taste is said to bring about a sense of heaviness but the sour taste is known to stimulate agni (the digestive juices), thereby supporting digestion and helping in building up metabolism.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼.