08 Mar (Tuesday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 20, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 06 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Krithika
Titi: Shashthi /
Rahu Kaal : 03:33 PM – 05:01 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
💐 HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY 💐
President Ram Nath Kovind & PM Modi extended their greetings to all women on the eve of International Women’s Day. Prez. Kovind said Indian women are making a significant impact in their personal and social lives as well in the national arena today.
- Election Commission announced polls to 13 Rajya Sabha seats in six states. They are Members from Assam (two), Himachal (one), Kerala (three), Nagaland Of (one) and Tripura (one) are retiring on April 2, while five members from Punjab are retiring on April 9.
- Country’s coal production increased by 2% to 79.54 million tonnes from 77.99 metric tonnes during last month as compared to February 2020. The Coal Ministry said.
- Prime Minister Modi to address inaugural Plenary Session on Tuesday, 8th March 2022 : The webinar involves participation from 16 Ministries, NITI Aayog, Capacity Building Commission and State Governments. It will also include participation from regulators like RBI, SEBI, IFSCA, IRDAI, NABARD, GIFT City, Industry associations and subject Matter Experts/ Investor community.
- PM Modi on 07 Mar Monday said the poor and middle class have benefitted from the ‘Jan Aushadhi Kendras’ set up to provide generic drugs at affordable prices. He also interacted with the beneficiaries and took feedback from them. “These centres are not just government stores but are becoming solution centres for the common man.
- CHHATTISGARH : A district force constable was injured in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur on Monday. The constable had accidentally stepped on a pressure IED while removing naxal banners, a police official said,
- HARYANA Education Minister Kanwar Pal said that the 5 lakh students of Govt schools studying in secondary classes will be given tablets loaded with reading material and Personalized Adaptive Learning (PAL) software.
- J&K : A 19-year-old girl, Rafiya, a resident of Hazratbal area, who was injured in Sunday’s (06 Mar) grenade blast in Hari Singh High Street locality of Jammu and Kashmir’s summer capital, succumbed to injuries on 07 Mar (Monday), taking the death toll in the incident to two.
- KERALA : Syed Sadikali Shihab Thangal has been chosen as the new Kerala state president of the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML). He has also been named as the chairman of the National Political Advisory Committee of the IUML. The development comes a day after former state president Hyderali Shihab Thangal passed away at the age of 74.
- LEH The schools for Six to Twelve classes reopened after a long gap. Across the district, under the Back to School banner, the schools reopened under festivity.
- MAHARASHTRA: PM Modi inaugurated Golden Jubilee celebration of Symbiosis University, Pune. He also inaugurated Symbiosis Arogya Dham. Governor Maharashtra Shri Bhagat Singh Koshiyari was among those present on the occasion. Congratulating the students, faculty and alumni of Symbiosis on the occasion, Prime Minister noted the motto of the institute ‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam’ and said that in the form of students from various countries, this modern institution is representing India’s ancient tradition.
- MADHYA PRADESH Assembly Budget session begun on March 7. House will have 13 sittings during the budget session, which will conclude on March 25.
- Women in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore will be allowed to travel free of cost in city buses and i-buses on the occasion of International Women’s Day on Tuesday. Municipal Commissioner Pratibha Pal said that “Atal Indore City Transport Services Limited is providing this gift to women for one day”
- MANIPUR , ECI has decided to conduct re-polls at six Polling Stations of four Schedule Tribe Assembly Constituencies today. The four Assembly Constituencies are- Ukhrul, Chingai, Karong and Tadubi. These Assembly Constituencies witnessed polling on March 5 at the final phase elections of the State.
- PUDUCHERRY ancient port bridge on the Puducherry coast partially collapsed. The bridge gave in to high waves as a result of deep depression over the Bay of Bengal.
- TAMIL NADU CM M.K.Stalin has urged PM Modi to immediately take steps to help the children returning from Ukraine to complete their medical education in the Country. He also informed that more than 1200 medical students have returned so far and the remaining students are also expected to return in the coming days.
- Tamil Nadu has increased the price of liquor at Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation Limited (TASMAC) shops and the hike ranges from a minimum of ₹ 10 to ₹ 80. Now, a 180 ml bottle of rum and brandy will cost ₹ 130 as compared to its earlier price of ₹ 120. The price of beer per bottle has been increased by ₹ 10.
- TELANGANA : At least six workers were trapped in a mine in Telangana’s Ramagundam on Monday after a huge chunk of coal fell inside it. Two of them have been rescued so far. An operation is under way to rescue the remaining four who are still trapped in the 600m-deep mine at Adriyala Longwall Project area.
- The Telangana government on Monday announced the setting up of the first women’s university in the state and also said that they will establish a medical college in every district over the next two years. During his budget speech, Finance Minister of Telangana Harish Rao said that the government has initiated measures to introduce English medium in all the schools.
- UTTAR PRADESH : The Congress will take out an all-female march in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow on International Women’s Day on Tuesday. Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will lead the march, party’s national spokesperson Supriya Shrinate said o
💷 GBP 101.01
BSE Sensex 52,842.75
NIFTY : 15,863.15
- Crude oil price surpasses $130 per barrel, first time since 2008. Brent crude, also known as London Brent, makes up more than half of the world’s globally traded supply of crude oil.
- Airlines in India have urged the Civil Aviation Ministry to raise caps on domestic fares citing rising aviation turbine fuel (ATF) prices. ATF, one of the biggest components of air fares, has risen 26.4% or ₹ 19,508.25/kl in Delhi since December 15. The Civil Aviation Ministry had temporarily set upper and lower airfare limits in the wake of the pandemic.
- Ministry of Finance to organise Post-Budget Webinar on ‘Financing for growth and aspirational economy’ to accelerate implementation of Union Budget 2022 announcements
- Public broadcaster, Prasar Bharati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Yupp TV, an over-the-top (OTT) platform, which is a gateway for television viewers across the globe
- Filmmaker Priyadarshan was reportedly conferred an honorary doctorate on Monday. He was felicitated by the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science in Chennai. However, the filmmaker is yet to officially announce this. Priyadarshan last directed Hindi film ‘Hungama 2’ which premiered on an OTT platform
- Ex, SLINEX The ninth edition of India-Sri Lanka Naval Exercise, SLINEX, is scheduled at Visakhapatnam from 07 Mar to 10 Mar. The exercise is being conducted in two phases, the Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam on 07 to 08 March this year, followed by the Sea Phase on 09 to 10 March in the Bay of Bengal.
- The Sri Lanka Navy will be represented by SLNS Sayurala, an advanced offshore patrol vessel and the Indian Navy by INS Kirch, a guided missile corvette. Other participants from the Indian Navy include INS Jyoti, a Fleet support tanker, Advanced Light Helicopter, Seaking and Chetak Helicopters and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft. The previous edition of SLINEX was conducted off Trincomalee in October 2020.
- Former hockey captain Dhanraj Pillay inaugurated the astroturf hockey field at the country’s premier marine engineering training institute, INS Shivaji, in Lonavala. Along with Pillay, Navy veteran and hockey coach, Avtar Singh, also inaugurated the astroturf field. Later, a match was played that featured current and former hockey players.
- India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore under the aegis of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, has successfully completed the sea level trials at Puducherry from 19th February to 5th March, 2022. The aircraft was flown to Puducherry covering 140 nautical miles in one and half hours at a cruising speed of 155 km/hr.
- There is no formal decision yet on cancellation of deals with Russia for additional MiG-29 and Su-30 fighter jets and Ka-226T utility helicopters, according to defence sources.
Last week, a senior U.S. official told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that what was seen in the “last few weeks” was the “cancellation of MiG-29 orders, Russian helicopter orders and anti-tank weapon orders” while also indicating that India could face difficulties in its defence exports because of the sweeping sanctions on Russia.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi speaks to Russian Prez Vladimir Putin; urges to hold direct talks with Ukrainian President
- 1314 Indians airlifted from Ukraine’s neighbouring countries yesterday (07 Mar) under ‘Operation Ganga’.
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and AYUSH, Sarbananda Sonowal received the maiden voyage of food-grains from Patna to Pandu via Bangladesh in Guwahati on 06 Mar. Brahmaputra (NW2) gets connected with Ganga (NW1) via Indo Bangladesh Protocol Route; Cargo ship carrying foodgrains from Patna docks at Pandu.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia issues list of nations that commit ‘unfriendly’ actions : Russia has approved a list of nations and territories that commit “unfriendly” actions against it. These include US, Canada, EU states, UK (including Jersey, Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Gibraltar), Ukraine, Montenegro, Switzerland, Albania, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, North Macedonia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Micronesia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan.
- Poland has approved a draft bill for creating a fund of $1.75 billion to help war refugees from Ukraine. The legislation seeks to allow funding of food, temporary lodging, as well as allowing refugees to legally work there.
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Ukrainian counterpart, Dmytro Kuleba will hold their first potential talks in Turkey’s Antalya on March 10, confirmed Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu. “We especially hope this meeting is an important step towards peace, stability,” said Çavuşoğlu. Meanwhile, over 400 civilians were killed in Ukraine since Russian invasion on February 24.
- China’s friendship with Russia is “rock solid” and the prospects for cooperation are very broad, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said
- ICC Womens World Cup 2022 New Zealand Women vs Bangladesh Women, 5th Match
New Zealand Women won by 9 wkts – Reduced to 27 overs a side due to rain
BANW – 140/8 (27)
NZW – 144/1 (20)
Player of the Match
(b) Mar 08, Tue
Australia Women vs Pakistan Women
6th Match at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
06:30 IST / 01:00
- The body of Australian spin legend Shane Warne has been transported to Thailand’s capital Bangkok before being flown back to Australia. The convoy of ambulance and police drove overnight from Surat Thani province, south of Thailand, to an airport in Bangkok. Warne passed away aged 52 at a villa on the resort island of Koh Samui.
Statehood 01 Dec 1963
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi (addnl charge)
CM :Neiphiu Rio (NDPP)
Districts : 16
🥇Gold ₹ 53,290@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 75,200@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.92
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.68
LPG : ₹919/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Rani Rudrama Devi , or Rudradeva Maharaja, was a monarch of the Kakatiya dynasty in the Deccan Plateau from 1263 until her death in 1289 while fighting Ambadeva. Virabhadra is virtually undocumented and played no part in her administration. The couple had two daughters.
Rudrama Devi married Virabhadra, a member of a minor branch of the Chalukya dynasty,
Rudrama Devi faced challenges from the Eastern Ganga dynasty and the Yadavas soon after beginning her rule.
She was one of the very few women to rule as monarchs in India and promoted a male image in order to do so. She was succeeded by Prataparudra, a son of one of her daughters
😀 Thought of the day
Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : Why are your eyes swollen?
Frnd : Yesterday I brought a cake for my wife’s birthday.🎂
Pappu : But what does it have to do with swollen eyes?
Frnd : My wife’s name is Tapasya (pray) but the stupid cake shopkeeper wrote “Happy Birthday Samasya (Problem)”!🤛🏼👹😨
😳 Why..women’s day celebrated❓❓
International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8 every year. ..
After women gained suffrage in Soviet Russia in 1917, March 8 became a national holiday there. The day was then predominantly celebrated to re by the socialist movement and communist countries until it was adopted in 1975 by the United Nations.
सर्वे क्षयान्ता निचयाः पतनान्ताः समुच्छ्रयाः।
संयोगा विप्रयोगान्ता मरणान्तं च जीवितम्॥ – महाभारतम्- -स्त्रीपर्व
sarvē kṣayāntā nicayāḥ patanāntāḥ samucchrayāḥ।
saṃyōgā viprayōgāntā maraṇāntaṃ ca jīvitam॥
Meaning : All things will ultimately get destroyed, what rises comes down.
All unions end in separation, all lives end in death.
भावार्थ: सारे संग्रहों का अंत उनके क्षय में ही है। भौतिक उन्नतियों का अंत पतन में ही है। सारे संयोगों का अंत वियोग में ही है। इसी प्रकार संपूर्ण जीवन का अंत मृत्यु में ही होने वाला है।
Wall- भित्ति , भित्तिका
भित्तिका नीला अस्ति।
The wall is blue in colour
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW PEARLS FORMED
Instead, a pearl forms when an irritant such as a wayward food particle becomes trapped in the mollusk. The animal senses the object and coats it with layers of aragonite (“ah-RAG-uh-nite”) and conchiolin ( “KON-kee-uh-lin”). These two materials are the same substances the animal uses to build its shell.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
8 March – International Women’s Day
This day is observed globally every year on 8 March to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. Also, it is an action for accelerating gender parity. Purple is the colour that symbolizes women internationally. The combination of the purple, green and white colour is to symbolize the equality of women which is originated from the Women’s Social and Political Union in the UK in 1908.
Purple signifies justice and dignity, green symbolises hope and white for purity.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vasundhara Raje Scindia (born 8 March 1953) . She also held the post of 13th Chief Minister of Rajasthan from 2013 to 11 December 2018 – previously she served for the same post from 2003 to 2008 and was the first woman to hold the post.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Let sleeping dogs lie
Stop discussing an issue
Attack – Defense
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Garuda Purana mentions several advantages in this regard. Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna both love Tulsi, as we all know. Lord Vishnu, according to the Garuda Purana, dwells with the individual who wears Tulsi beads. It further says that the advantages gained from wearing it are a million times greater than those gained from Devta puja, Pitra Puja, or other punya karmas. It also protects the wearer against all the nightmares, terror, weapons and accidents. Yamaraja, the Lord of Death, sends his representatives to keep a safe distance from that person. It also guards against ghosts and black magic.
The use of Tulsi beads is thought to purify a person’s mind, body, and spirit. It emits positive vibrations in a person’s aura and aids in the removal of all bad energy. Wearing a Tulsi mala improves concentration and helps the wearer overcome health issues. The wood in the beads is also good for your skin. It is said in the Skanda Purana that it cleanses the bearer of his or her worst sins.
White beads are used by Hindus, while black beads are used by Buddhists.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Frequent urination or polyuria :. Frequent urination can occur for a variety of reasons, some of which are not serious or harmful. For example, frequent urination can occur after drinking lots of fluids, especially fluids that contain caffeine or alcohol. Pregnancy can cause frequent urination due to the pressure put on the bladder by an enlarged uterus.
If frequent urination is unexplained or persistent, it may be a symptom of disease, disorder, or condition. These include diabetes, urinary tract infection, an enlarged prostate.
Ayurvedic home remedies for frequent urination:
SESAME SEED is a rich source of minerals and many active ingredients that regulate the functions of the bladder. To take sesame for frequent urination, mix it with jaggery and eat it two or three times a day.
AMLA cleanses the bladder and also tones the bladder muscles to improve involuntary urination control. For best results, grind some Amla and extract the juice, mix it with honey. Consume this juice with a ripe banana two or three times a day to see good results.
TULSI : In some cases, frequent urination can be caused by a bladder infection. Tulsi works very effectively to stop bladder infections and help regulate urinary function. Early in the morning, crush 2-3 fresh leaves and take with a spoon of honey.
CUMIN : Cumin regulates the functions of the bladder and also prevents urinary tract infections. Take cumin in the form of tea. Boil 1 teaspoon in 2 cups of clean water until the water is reduced by half. Let cool, crush the seeds with a spoon and strain. You can drink this with a little honey twice a day instead of regular tea.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼