08 Jul (Friday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Ashadha 24, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 09(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Chitra (up to 12:13 pm) Swati
Titi: Navami (up to 6:25 pm) Dashami
RahuKaal: 10:51 AM – 12:31 PM
DO YOU KNOW THESE UNSUNG HEROES: https://youtu.be/GQeZvFX4tUk
TODAY’S TOP NEWS
- Over 198 crore 33 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far under the Nationwide Vaccination Drive.Rashtrapati Bhavan organises two-day workshop on Disaster Management of Museums and Heritage Buildings.Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani assumes additional charge of Ministry of Minority Affairs.Women and Child Development Ministry has issued guidelines for Mission Vatsalya Scheme. Earlier, it was known as Child Protection Services (CPS) Scheme, since 2009-10 for the welfare and rehabilitation of children.PM Modi has congratulated V. Vijayendra Prasad, Veerendra Heggade, Ilaiyaraaja, and PT Usha for being nominated to the Rajya Sabha.Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri on 07 Jul launched ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav which is a cultural festival for celebrating the success of PM SVANidhi Scheme.PM Modi will attend the first ‘Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture’ (AJML) at 6.30 P.M. in New Delhi today. Organised by Department of Economic Affairs.Rashtrapati Bhavan is organising a two-day workshop on Disaster Management of Museums and Heritage Buildings from 07 Jul.ANDHRA : CM Jagan Reddy laid the foundation for the Nutech Biosciences unit at APCARL, (AP Centre for Advanced Research on Livestock) at Pulivendula in YSR Kadapa district. A call to adopt natural farming.ASSAM : Centre releases ₹324 crore from State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for Assam flood relief aid.DELHI govt has extended the licences of country liquor suppliers by a month.HARYANA: govt has launched a campaign to ensure that each house in Haryana should have the national flag hoisted from August 11-17. Celebrating 75 years of Independence.HIMACHAL : Orange alert issued for Himachal, heavy rain likely in next 2 days.J&K : Cultural Wing of Department of Information & Public Relations holds a colourful devotional programme at Tourist Reception Centre (TRC) Jammu, Railway Station Jammu for Amarnath Yatra pilgrims.3 killed & 7 others critically injured after a marriage party bus from Gundia village met with an accident in Udhampur district.MAHARASHTRA : A special court in Mumbai remands 7 accused to National Investigation Agency custody till July 15 in connection with the murder of Amravati chemist Umesh Kolhe.
- Kolhe was allegedly killed over his social media post supporting the comments made by BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma.
- Safran is one of the leading original equipment manufacturers of advanced aircraft engines for civil and fighter jets.
💷 GBP ₹94.94
BSE Sensex 54,178.46
NIFTY : 16,132.90
- The Centre has allowed three private-sector banks, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank, to provide financial services for overseas procurement by the Defence Ministry. Until now, only public-sector banks were allowed to offer these services. The banks may be allocated with LC business of ₹2,000 crore for one year.Captive and commercial coal blocks production rises by 79% to 27.7 million tonne during first quarter of this fiscal.Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 07 Jul chaired the first meeting of the Apex Monitoring Authority constituted to review the activities of National Industrial Corridor Development programme.Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman asked the NITI Aayog to prepare a report mapping all industrial activities, including defence corridors and pharma hubs, so that they can be incorporated under the PM Gati Shakti scheme.Federal Bank has appointed MVS Murthy as its first Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
- A Lucknow court has sentenced actor and Congress leader Raj Babbar to two years in jail for assaulting a polling officer in 1996 while contesting from Samajwadi Party.Actor Pankaj Tripathi will reportedly play former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the film titled Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon, Yeh Desh Rehna Chahiye, Atal.The Godfather actor James Caan passed away on 06 Jul, he was 82.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh scheduled to brief Parliamentary Consultative Committee on Defence on AGNIPATH scheme on July 11.The Ministry of Defence, Government of India, intends to procure approximately Quantity 24 Enhanced Capability Global Navigation Satellite System (ECGNSS) Jammer and associated equipment.BSF nabs 4 Pakistani fishermen from creek area in Gujarat’s Kutch. along the India-Pakistan maritime border, Nothing suspicious was recovered from the boats.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India to assume Presidency of G-20 from December this year.
Former Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will be the new Sherpa of G-20. Commerce minister Piyush Goel will give up the position as Sherpa of G-20.India elected as member of Intergovernmental Committee of UNESCO’s 2003 Convention for Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage for 2022-2026 cycle.External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar holding talks with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Bali on Thursday with a focus on “specific outstanding issues in bilateral relationship pertaining to the border situation” & the issues along LAC in eastern Ladakh.The 6th Deputy National Security Adviser level meeting of the members of Colombo Security Conclave was held in Kochi on 07 Jul.
- The member states are India, Maldives, Mauritius and Sri Lanka. Delegations from Bangladesh and Seychelles participated as Observers. The participants discussed the implementation of the Roadmap for Cooperation for 2022-23 and the decisions taken at the 5th NSA level meeting of the Conclave held in March this year in Maldives.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- UK political crisis updates: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Thursday resigned. He announces to continue till party chooses his successor.The govt of Bangladesh has directed that no decorative lights be used for social events or on community centres, shopping malls and business establishments, offices and residences to save electricity in view of the global rise in the price of fuel .Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on 07 Jul called Boris Johnson to express his “sadness” over the British leader’s resignation as the PM of the UK.Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has sought urgent credit support to import fuel to the island nation in a telephonic conversation with the Russian President Vladimir Putin .One policeman killed & 4 injured in a blast at police check post in the Mardan district of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.US Secretary of State Antony Blinken wished Dalai Lama on the occasion of his 87th birthday and extended support to the Tibetan community’s efforts to preserve Tibet’s distinct cultural traditions.
- T20I MATCH
India defeated England by 50 runs in the first T20I in Southampton. It’s India’s 18th victory in a row in international cricket under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma. All-rounder Hardik Pandya slammed his first-ever T20I fifty to help India put up a total of 198/8. He also took four wickets as England were bowled out for 148 in 19.3 overs.IND (W) vs SL (W)🏏 : India defeat Sri Lanka by 39 runs in the third and final Women’s ODI in Pallekele.
2. Final Score:
INDW 255/9 (50)
SLW 216 (47.3)3. India qualified for the cross-over round despite losing 3-4 against New Zealand in their last Pool B match in women’s hockey World Cup 2022. New Zealand topped the group and directly qualified for the quarter-finals. Meanwhile, India will face Spain or South Korea in cross-over round on Sunday. India will qualify for the quarter-finals if they win the cross-over round.Twenty two-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from Wimbledon 2022 due to an abdominal tear. Nadal was due to face Nick Kyrgios in men’s singles semi-final on Friday. With Nadal withdrawing from the tournament, Kyrgios has received a walkover into the final.Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur took part in the send off ceremony of the Indian squad for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 in New Delhi on 07 Jul.WIMBLEDON 2022: Elena Rybakina, Russian-born Kazakhstani professional tennis player reaches her first Wimbledon final as she defeats 2019 champion Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-3 in the semi final.Jailed American basketball player Brittney Griner pled guilty to possession and smuggling of drugs during her trial in Moscow but maintained no criminal intent. Griner was detained at the Moscow airport in February after cannabis oil was allegedly found in her luggage.India to Play Pakistan on 28 Aug in Asia Cup 2022: The BCCI nod for the Asia Cup 2022 which will be held in Sri Lanka. ANDHRA : Amaravati
Gvnr : Biswabhusan Harichandan
CM : Y. S.Jaganmohan
Formed : 01 Nov 1956
Dist : 26
🥈 Silver ₹62,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹110.48/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹84.10/Ltr
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
😀 Jharkhand is a state in eastern India.Its capital is Ranchi , It was carved out of the southern part of Bihar on 15 November 2000.
झार ‘ या ‘झाड़’ यानी trees/Bushes/forest खण्ड -. अनुभाग/टुकड़े
LAND OF FORESTS
Jharkhand shares its border with the states of Bihar to the north Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to the west, Odisha to the south, and West Bengal to the east.
😀Thought of the day
Every problem has two solutions:-
1 भाग लो (Participate)
- भाग लो (Run away….)
Choice is yours….🤔💁🏻♂️
JOKE OF THE DAY
सुबह-सुबह पत्नी नींद से उठते ही बोली, “अजी सुनते हो?”
पति – “बोलो! क्या हुआ ?”
पत्नी – “मुझे सपना आया कि आप मेरे लिए हीरों का हार लेकर आए हो।”🤩🤗
पति – ठीक है, तो वापिस सो जा और पहन ले।”🤪
👳🏻♂️ What is the history behind the Sikh turban?
The word Sikh means Student or Discipline.
Although Indians have been wearing turbans since very old times.
Turban assumed an important symbol of defiance to the Mughal invaders.
During Mughal period (1526AD-1750AD). India was conquered and orders were passed by them that “only ruling classes can wear Turban since it is a sign of royalty”.
Hindus and others were not allowed to wear Turbans. Thus the weak minded population removed their Turbans as an act of submission to the foreign rulers, to earn their pleasure. But, strong-minded Hindus especially the warrior classes of Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Punjab etc. did not obey the orders of their foreign rulers and kept their heads covered with Turban to maintain their heritage and honour. Thus they revolted against the orders of the foreign rulers to maintain and preserve the old Indian heritage and honour despite having to lay down their lives and sacrifice lots of blood.
The turban thus became an article of a Sikh’s religion, creed, politics, race and nation. Because of their ideal behaviour, a turban wearer Sikh began to be respectfully addressed as Sardar (Chief or leader) in India.
For the Sikhs their turban is an integral part of the dress, their identity and a constant reminder of their obligation to the Gurus. It expects the wearer to live up to a certain standard behaviour. It is also considered a symbol of courage and honour.
It is said that when Guru Tegh Bahadur was martyred in Chandni Chowk Delhi, people of Delhi dared not come forward to claim his body. The next Guru Gobind Singh is reported to have said, “ I will make the Sikhs distinguishable among millions so that they demonstrate their religion openly ”. He therefore ordained in 1699 AD that all Sikhs would wear turbans, carry swords and beat drums, forbidden to the common people.
एतद् वस्त्रं कुत्र क्रीतवन्तः ? = Where did you buy this cloth ?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
🦎 How does a lizard walk/stay on vertical and horizontal walls?
Lizards have pads on their feet. These pads consist of wide plates or scales and are present below their fingers and toes. The outer layer of each plate or scale is composed of innumerable tiny hooks for-med by free, bent tips of cells. These minute hooks create the conditions like a suction pump and thus, enable lizards to run up on apparently smooth walls and even upside down on plaster ceilings. Because these hook-like cells are bent downward and to the rear, the lizard curls its toes upwards to disengage them. Thus while walking or running on horizontal or vertical walls, a lizard curls and uncurls its toes thus creating a suction pressure which enables it to cling on to the walls
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
Founded in 1999 with the aim to discuss policy pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability. Chairman
Saudi Arabia King: Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Japan hosted the 2019 summit The 2020 summit was to be held in Saudi Arabia, but was instead held virtually on 21–22 Nov 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic under the presidency of Saudi Arabia.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Yeduguri Sandinti Rajasekhara Reddy (8 July 1949 – 2 September 2009), popularly known as YSR, was a two-time Chief Minister of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, serving from 2004 to 2009. Reddy was elected to the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Lok Sabha from the Kadapa constituency for four terms and to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for five terms from the Pulivendula constituency.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Doing the rounds – To be passed from one person to another
Yell X Whisper muted
Yell = shout, shriek
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
(788 CE- 820 CE) (disputed)
His works in Sanskrit discuss the unity of the Ātman and Nirguna Brahman “brahman without attributes”.
His works elaborate on ideas found in the Upanishads. He travelled across the Indian subcontinent to propagate his philosophy through discourses and debates with other thinkers. He established the importance of monastic life as sanctioned in the Upanishads and Brahma Sutra.
Shankaracharya (शङ्कराचार्य) is a commonly used title of heads of monasteries called mathas in the Advaita Vedanta tradition. The title derives from Adi Shankara, teachers from the successive line of teachers dating back to him are known as Shankaracharyas.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
CURING WOUNDS WITH SALIVA
Saliva is a glorious thing.
It found to have properties that help speed up the healing process. Have you noticed? Our Oral mucosa heals faster than skin, Saliva contains cell-derived tissue factor, and many compounds that are antibacterial or promote healing.
When you suck on a cut finger, white blood cells in your spit release an arsenal of weapons to defeat bacterial invaders.
Wound licking is an instinctive response in many animals to lick an injury. Dogs, cats, small rodents, horses, and primates all lick wounds. Saliva contains tissue factor which promotes the blood clotting mechanism. The enzyme lysozyme is found in many tissues and is known to attack the cell walls of many gram-positive bacteria, aiding in defense against infection.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼