08 Jan (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Hemant
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksha
Month: Magha 2, (Purnimanta)
Pausa 16, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Rahu: 04:33 PM – 05:53 PM
Yamaganda : 12:33 PM – 01:53 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW: https://youtu.be/RVXUheC_5YU
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu Confers Digital India Awards in New Delhi, social justice should be prime objective of Digital innovation.
- PM Modi has called upon the Chief Secretaries to focus on ending mindless compliances and outdated laws and rules.
- Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in New Delhi issued a passengers advisory in view of the fog.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Port in Kolkata has taken up beautification of Howrah Bridge and adjoining areas in connection with the ensuing G20 Meet in Kolkata from 9th to 11th January, 2023.
- The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela will be conducted in 242 districts of the country on the 9th of this month.
- The Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh, RK Mathur, laid the foundation stone for the construction of Ladakh Bhawan ( Leh wing) at Dwarka in New Delhi. The 30 rooms building will be constructed at a cost of approximately 15 crores rupees under Special Development Package (SDP).
- Jammu and Kashmir, the Board of School Education (BOSE) on Saturday announced tentative date sheets for annual regular examination of classes 10th to 12th commencing from March 4 for soft zone and April 8 for hard zones.
- Prime Minister chairs the second three-day National Conference of Chief Secretaries with focus on achieving sustained economic growth.
- The idea behind this conference is that Cooperative Federalism, through Central Ministries and Departments working together with States in seamless coordination.
- All government and private schools up to class 10 in Patna will remain closed from January 9 to 14 due to cold wave conditions.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah says, Government is working to make the country free from naxal problem before general elections in 2024.
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai on Saturday said the state Cabinet would undergo a reshuffle soon.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday declared Kerala as the first state in the country to go fully digital in its banking service. The state now has at least one product in 3.76 crore accounts enabled digitally.
- Commercial flight services commenced at Odisha’s Rourkela airport with the landing of a 72-seater plane of Alliance Air flagged off by Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik and Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan at the Bhubaneswar airport.
- Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Ramdas Athawale says the union government is willing to extend support for establishing Old Age Homes in each district of Kerala.
- PM Modi has congratulated the people of Manipur on opening of Kangla Nongpok Thong in Manipur.
- Air-conditioned electric buses are going to zoom around on the Hyderabad roads. Six AC electric buses will reach the city from Mumbai before January 20.
- Haryana’s Transport Department has ordered a total ban on registration of diesel autorickshaws in districts which are part of the National Capital Region. The order is in compliance with a Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) order on curbing air pollution.
- Delhi police has arrested the accused in connection with the urination incident onboard New York-Delhi flight in November 2022.
- Former Assam MLA was arrested for allegedly being involved in efforts to form a terror group, police said. The accused, Hitesh Basumatary, was arrested from his residence in Assam’s Baksa district. Police also recovered “sophisticated weapons” along with ammunition from Hitesh’s residence. Notably, Hitesh was elected as an MLA from Chapaguri in 2011 on a Bodoland People’s Front ticket.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs on Saturday designated Hizb-ul-Mujahideen operative Dr Asif Maqbool Dar, currently based in Saudi Arabia, as a terrorist under the UAPA.
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) filed a chargesheet on Saturday against four members of the Popular Front of India (PFI) in Bihar.
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested an Income Tax officer and a Chartered Accountant in Chennai for their alleged involvement in a ₹2.25 lakh bribery case, CBI intercepted Assistant Valuation Officer D Manjunathan and CA Satgurudas at the time money was allegedly changing hands.
💷 GBP ₹99.49
BSE Sensex: 59,900.37 −452.90 (0.75%) 🔻
NIFTY: 17,859.45 −132.70 (0.74%) 🔻
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is scheduled to participate in a credit outreach program in Kota in Rajasthan.
- The Reserve Bank has announced the indicative calendar for the issuance of Sovereign Green Bonds. Accordingly, two auctions will be conducted for an amount of eight thousand crore rupees each.
- The first auction will be held on the 25th Jan & the second has been scheduled for the 9th of February.
- The government has received multiple preliminary bids for strategic sale of about 61% stake in IDBI Bank.
- PM Modi will inaugurate the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) helicopter manufacturing unit at Bidirehalla Kaval in Gubbi taluk of Tumakuru district on February 13.
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan’s Meer Foundation has come forward to help the family of Anjali, the 20-year-old who lost her life in a brutal hit-and-run in Delhi’s Kanjhawala. It is reported that she was the sole breadwinner of the family consisting, supporting her mother and siblings.
- Actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu Starrer Shaakuntalam’s Trailer To Release On January 9. The film is a 3-D adaptation of poet Kalidasa’s epic Shaakuntalam.
- Actress Kangana Ranaut is currently working on her upcoming directorial ‘Emergency’ in which she will also portray former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was recently in Mumbai on a two-day visit. During his visit, he met several Bollywood celebrities. During the meeting, Jackie Shroff welcomed him and requested him to reduce popcorn prices in theatres. “They charge ₹500 for popcorn. We’re making films, but what’s the use if no one comes to watch the film?” he said.
- Urfi Javed has once again created a stir on social media as she posted a video of herself doing a sensuous walk in a saffron cut-out top on Pathaan song Besharam Rang.
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan’s Son Aryan Khan and Pakistan Actress Sadia Khan’s Pictures From New Year’s Eve Party Goes Viral.
- India and Japan are all set to hold the joint Air Exercise, ‘Veer Guardian-2023’ involving the Indian Air Force and Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) at Hyakuri Air Base, Japan from 12th of January.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Leh Sub Area and Looms of Ladakh Co-operative Limited on Saturday at Leh, under the aegis of Fire and Fury Corps.
- The aim of the Memorandum of Understanding is to impart weaving and tailoring training to Veer Naris, widows and dependent ladies of veterans from Ladakh in three cycles of two months each.
- A Military Tattoo and Tribal Dance Festival – Aadi Shaurya – Parv Parakram Ka will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium in New Delhi on the 23rd of this month. Defence Ministry says, the two-day festival will showcase the prowess of the Armed Forces and the ethnic beauty of India’s tribal culture.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas(PBD) Convention will begin in Indore today (Sunday) . The three-day convention will conclude on 10th January.
- The ninth India-Slovenia Foreign Office Consultations were held in Ljubljana on Friday. The Indian delegation was led by Secretary (West), Sanjay Verma.
- Indian High Commission in Seychelles has condemned the vandalism of the statues of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela located at the Peace Park in Victoria.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Republican leader Kevin McCarthy has been elected as the Speaker of the US House of Representatives. 57-year-old McCarthy got 216 votes in the final tally.
- SriLanka has successfully avoided 10-hour powercuts in 2023 after securing a continuous supply of coal.
- United States announced military assistance worth over 3.75 billion US Dollar for Ukraine and its European allies.
- A riot broke out at Pathein prison in Ayeyarwady region of Myanmar on Friday. One prison inmate was reportedly killed and 60 injured.
- The European Union on Saturday condemned the latest executions carried out by Iran in connection with the ongoing anti-government protests in the country.
- A purple silk velvet dress that belonged to Princess Diana is being auctioned at a Sotheby’s sale in New York later this month. The dress was worn by Princess Diana in an official royal portrait in 1991 and a Vanity Fair spread in 1997 shortly before her death. It is reported to have an estimated value between $80,000 and $120,000.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan unveiled the mascot, torch, and anthem of Khelo India Youth Games-2022 in a colorful program at Shaurya Smarak in Bhopal.
- 3rd T20I🏏: India beat Sri Lanka by 91 runs and clinch the series 2-1 🏆
IND 228/5 (20)
SL 137 (16.4)
- Former doubles world number one Sania Mirza said she will retire after next month’s Dubai Tennis Championships. Mirza was the first Indian to win a WTA singles title in 2005.
2) Nagpur (Winter)
Frmn : 1 May 1960
Districts : 36
Govrnr: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
CM: Eknath Shinde
🥇Gold ₹ 57,420 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 74,460 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 107/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 95/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1,053/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India also has the world’s second-largest population of English speakers (first is the United States), since most Indians speak their own regional language as well as English for easier communication.
😀Thought of the day
Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher to pappu : write ur best friend’s name in english..
Pappu wrote : beautiful red underwear..
Teacher : what??
Pappu : his name is sundhar lal chaadha.
Why most jeans are blue?
People have been wearing blue jeans for centuries. Originally, the blue color came from a natural indigo dye. The dye was chosen for the way it interacted with cotton. When heated, most dyes penetrate the cotton fibers but indigo dye attaches to the fiber’s surface, instead.
LEARN Sanskrit* 🙏🏻
अति सर्वनाशहेतुर्ह्यतोऽत्यन्तं विवर्जयेत्।
ati sarvanāśaheturhyato’tyantaṃ vivarjayet।
Hence one should avoid it in any case.
अति सर्वनाश का कारण है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A DC generator operates on the principle of Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction. According to Faraday’s law, whenever a conductor is placed in a fluctuating magnetic field (or when a conductor is moved in a magnetic field) an EMF is induced in the conductor.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) is a multilateral treaty that bans nuclear weapons test explosions and any other nuclear explosions, for both civilian and military purposes, in all environments.
BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) was an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author who, at the time of his death, was director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Cambridge. Between 1979 and 2009 he was the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge.
Stephen Hawking was regarded as one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists in history. His work on the origins and structure of the universe, from the Big Bang to black holes.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Saving for a rainy day Saving money for later
Giant × Dwarf
Garbage : Trash
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
There are 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The word Jyothirlinga is made up of two words, Jyoti meaning ‘radiance’ and Linga, which represents Lord Shiva.
Jyotirlings are place where the Shiva appeared when he had created the jyotirlings initially. No Jyotirling was established by us, it was all already established
- Somnath JyotirLing in Saurashtra (Guj)
- Mallikarjun jyoptirling in Srisailam (A.P.)
- Mahakaleshwar jyotirling in Ujjain (M.P.)
- Omkareshwar jyotirling in Shivpuri / Amaleswara (M.P.)
- Nageswar jyotirling in Darukavanam
- Kedareswar jyotirling in Kedarnath / Himalayas (Utt)
- Tryambakeswar jyotirling in Nasik (Mah)
- Rameshwar jyotirling in Setubandanam / Rameshwaram (T.N.)
- Bhimashankar jyotirling in Dakini (Mah)
- Visweswar jyotirling in Varanasi (U.P.) and
- Griheshwar jyotirling in Devasrovar (Mah).
- Baidyanathwar jyotirling in Deoghar (Jha)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Habits to Stop Back Pain
Sleep with a pillow under your knees
Keep the bones in your spine strong by consuming plenty of calcium and vitamin D.
When sitting in an office chair, use the same good posture techniques you use when standing. It’s critical to keep good posture and support your back when sitting down, especially if you do it for several hours per day. Choose a quality chair that provides firm support for your lower back, and make sure your knees are a little higher than your hips when you sit.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ …✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼