𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
08 Jan (Saturday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 20, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 6 (Amanta)
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Shashthi (up to 10:43 am) Saptami
Rahu Kaal : 09:53 AM – 11:13 AM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Centre Reviews preparedness status of the Entire spectrum of oxygen infrastructure including PSA Plants, Oxygen Concentrators and Oxygen Cylinders,Ventilators with States/UTs
- PM Narendra Modi on Friday congratulated fellow citizens as over 150 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered. He tweeted, “India is grateful to all those who have been working to make our vaccination drive a success. We thank our doctors, scientists, innovators and the health care workers who are vaccinating the people.” He added following COVID-19 protocols is important.
- The Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2021 will be conducted as per schedule from Friday, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) said.
- Four-day work week: These changes in the labour code will have a significant impact on working hours, take-home salary and PF contribution.
5.A four-day work week might soon become a reality for the working class in India. This will be possible as the Central Government is likely to implement the four new labour codes by the next fiscal year. The four new codes are on wages, social security, industrial relations and occupation safety, health and working conditions.
- J&K : Mehbooba slams Centre over land transfer to India Army, says ‘govt wants to convert J&K into military garrison’: After the JK govt decided to transfer a large chunk of land in tourist hotspots Gulmarg and Sonamarg to the Indian Army, PDP president Mehbooba Mufti claimed that the allocation confirms the intention of the Centre to “convert J&K into a military garrison”. Her statement comes after the J&K administration declared nearly 70 hectares of land in Gulmarg and Sonamarg tourist resorts of the valley as “strategic areas” paving the way for the armed forces to take control of these land patches.
- PUNJAB govt submits report on PM’s ‘security breach’ to Centre
FIR lodged in the incident, two-member panel to investigate lapses, informs Chief Secretary Anirudh Tewari.
- 150 unidentified people booked in Punjab’s Ferozepur for blocking: PM’s convoy
An FIR has been registered against 150 unidentified people at Kulgari police station in Punjab’s Ferozepur district in connection with PM Narendra Modi’s security breach incident. It was registered under IPC Section 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation). The PM had to cancel a rally after being stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes.
- TAMIL NADU CM. M K Stalin on Thursday announced an all-party meeting on January 8 here to discuss the next course of action on the state’s demand for exemption from NEET, as an Assembly bill in this regard is pending with the Centre.
- WEST BENGAL : During the virtual inauguration of the second campus of the Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute in Kolkata by PM Narendra Modi, Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee said she had inaugurated it long ago. “When COVID-19 started and we needed a COVID-19 centre, I went there (to the campus)
💷 GBP 100.83
BSE Sensex 59,744.65
NIFTY : 17,812.70
- SBI has given a big gift to its customers on the new year, State Bank of India has increased the limit of Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), where earlier you were able to transfer only 2 lakhs, it has been increased to 5 lakhs.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Friday reviewed the progress of Life Insurance Corporation’s (LIC) planned IPO. The Secretary of Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), Department of Financial Services’ Secretary and senior officials of LIC were also present. LIC’s IPO is poised to be the biggest ever in India and is expected to hit the markets by March.
- India’s GDP estimated to rise 9.2% in FY 2021-22 compared to 7.3% contraction in 2020-21. In the first advance estimates released by the National Statistical Office, “Real GDP…in the year 2021-22 is estimated at ₹147.54 lakh crore, as against the Provisional Estimate of GDP for the year 2020-21 of ₹135.13 lakh crore,” NSO stated.
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood announced on Friday that he’d stepped down as Punjab’s state icon just over a year after his appointment. He said he was stepping down because his sister Malvika is going to contest in the Punjab Assembly Elections later this year. It’s unclear yet if she’s joining a political party or will contest the elections independently.
- Shooting schedule of Bollywood actor Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif-starrer ‘Tiger 3’ in New Delhi has been postponed due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- The Indian Navy’s Boeing P-8I aircraft commenced operations from INS Hansa, Goa. The Navy has inducted two more Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft, in a boost to its surveillance capabilities in the Indian Ocean in the face of China’s increasing forays into the region. The two aircraft, manufactured by US aerospace major Boeing, arrived in India on December 30
- Nuke capable Rafale-M tested for INS Vikrant in Goa
: Rafale-M (Marine) jet for use on its Vikramaditya aircraft carrier as well as the indigenous aircraft carrier 1 (IAC1), the Indian Navy on Friday tested the Rafale-M (Marine) fighter aircraft at the INS Hansa in Goa as it plans to procure a batch of fighter jets for indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant. France sent a Rafale maritime fighter aircraft to demonstrate its combat capabilities with India specific requirements.
- India and China are likely to hold the 14th round of corps commander-level talks on January 12 with a focus on making some forward movement in the disengagement process in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has invited applications for the recruitment of Head Constable GD. The force has issued notification inviting applications from the eligible candidates to fill 249 vacancies, for both males and females. The interested and eligible candidates can get more information on the official website of CISF- cisf.gov.in. It may be noted that the candidates can send their applications on or before January 31, 2022.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India joins Quad partners, Japan and South Korea for Sea Dragon exercise
Sea Dragon is a US-led multi-national exercise designed to practice and discuss Anti-submarine warfare tactics to operate together in response to traditional and non-traditional maritime security challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
- India welcomes Joint Statement by Leaders of Five Nuclear weapon states on preventing nuclear war and avoiding arms races with China, USA, France, Russia and UK.
- Hyderabad medicos perform successful heart surgery on Myanmar PM’s grandchild. Two senior cardiologists from Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute in Hyderabad performed a successful heart surgery on the Myanmar PM’s 9-month-old grandchild. Dr Nageswara Rao Koneti and Dr Shweta Bakhru, two senior cardiologists at Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute (RCHI), travelled to Yangon, the former capital of Myanmar, last week, to perform the procedure.
- India on Friday made seven-day home quarantine mandatory for all international arrivals and an RT-PCR test on the eighth day, as it issued revised guidelines for international passengers.
- 190 passengers from Italy tested positive for Covid-19 at Amritsar’s Shri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport on Friday.
- India has sent yet another batch of medical assistance to Kabul, in line with it’s commitment and efforts to provide humanitarian assistance to Afghan people.
This is the third batch of medical assistance which consists of 2 tonnes of essential life-saving medicines which was handed over to the Indira Gandhi Hospital in Kabul.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Israel has signed a deal with the United States to buy 12 Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) CH-53K helicopters and two Boeing Co (BA.N) KC-46 refuelling planes, the Israeli Defence Ministry said.
- Biden administration’s top official on environmental justice resigns: Senior Director for Environmental Justice at the US Council on Environmental Quality, Cecilia Martinez, has announced to step down
- South Korea dismissed North Korea’s claims of launching a hypersonic missile on Wednesday as an exaggeration. A South Korean military official said that the missile test did not demonstrate the range and manoeuvrability as claimed in North Korean state media reports. South Korea added that it was a normal ballistic missile which could be intercepted and shot down.
- US and Japan vowed greater defence cooperation amid the growing Chinese challenge following their 2+2 virtual bilateral meeting. “China’s efforts to undermine the rules-based order presented political, economic and military challenges to the region and the world,” according to a joint statement issued by the two nations. The allies also discussed the Beijing-Taipei tensions in the meeting
- Citigroup on Friday told its staff in the US that it would terminate the employees who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 as of January 14, enforcing a policy that was announced last year, according to reports. Their last day of employment will reportedly come at the month end. The company reportedly allowed the employees to apply for religious or medical exemptions
- Sidney Poitier, Oscar winner and trailblazer for Black actors, dies at 94
The iconic actor broke racial barriers in Hollywood, becoming the first Black man to win an Oscar in 1964.
- The Aam Aadmi Party on Friday released a list of 24 candidates who will contest the upcoming Uttarakhand elections. It has fielded its CM candidate Colonel Ajay Kothiyal from the Gangotri Assembly seat.
- Sri Lankan authorities have started COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 12-15 on Friday. Under the vaccination program, each child will be given a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
- Former India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has gifted his Chennai Super Kings (CSK) jersey to Pakistan pacer Haris Rauf. Rauf took to his Twitter to thank Dhoni for the gesture.
- India Women pacer Jhulan Goswami, who is all-time leading wicket-taker in women’s ODIs, said upcoming five-match ODI series in New Zealand will help the team get used to the windy conditions before the Women’s World Cup. She added that they’ll get time to fix their errors before “big” tournament. The ODI series against New Zealand will begin on February 11.
- PRO KABADDI :
January 07, 2022
Jaipur Pink Panthers 31
Puneri Paltan. 26
Bengal Warriors 37
Haryana Steelers 41
- On 08 Jan, 2022
Dabang Delhi K.C.
- MATCH 41
@ 20:30 IST
- MATCH 42
@ 21:30 IST
HIMACHAL : Shimla
CM : Jai Ram Thakur
Gvnr : Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
🥇Gold ₹48,500@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.94
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.60
LPG : ₹946/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India also has the world’s second-largest population of English speakers (first is the United States), since most Indians speak their own regional language as well as English for easier communication.
😀Thought of the day
Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher to pappu : write ur best friend’s name in english..
Pappu wrote : beautiful red underwear..
Teacher : what??
Pappu : his name is sundhar lal chaadha.
Why most jeans are blue
People have been wearing blue jeans for centuries. Originally, the blue color came from a natural indigo dye. The dye was chosen for the way it interacted with cotton. When heated, most dyes penetrate the cotton fibers but indigo dye attaches to the fiber’s surface, instead.
अति सर्वनाशहेतुर्ह्यतोऽत्यन्तं विवर्जयेत्।
ati sarvanāśaheturhyato’tyantaṃ vivarjayet।
Excess is the cause of the ruin.
Hence one should avoid it in any case.
अति सर्वनाश का कारण है।
इसलिये अति का सर्वथा परिहार करे।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A DC generator operates on the principle of Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction. According to Faraday’s law, whenever a conductor is placed in a fluctuating magnetic field (or when a conductor is moved in a magnetic field) an EMF is induced in the conductor
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) is a multilateral treaty that bans nuclear weapons test explosions and any other nuclear explosions, for both civilian and military purposes, in all environments
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) was an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author who, at the time of his death, was director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Cambridge. Between 1979 and 2009 he was the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge.
Stephen Hawking was regarded as one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists in history. His work on the origins and structure of the universe, from the Big Bang to black holes.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Saving for a rainy day Saving money for later
Garbage – Trash
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
There are 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The word Jyothirlinga is made up of two words, Jyoti meaning ‘radiance’ and Linga, which represents Lord Shiva.
Jyotirlings are place where the Shiva appeared when he had created the jyotirlings initially. No Jyotirling was established by us, it was all already established
- Somnath JyotirLing in Saurashtra (Guj)
- Mallikarjun jyoptirling in Srisailam (A.P.)
- Mahakaleshwar jyotirling in Ujjain (M.P.)
- Omkareshwar jyotirling in Shivpuri / Amaleswara (M.P.)
- Vaidyanath jyotirling in Deoghar (Jharkhand)
- Nageswar jyotirling in Darukavanam
- Kedareswar jyotirling in Kedarnath / Himalayas (Utt)
- Tryambakeswar jyotirling in Nasik (Mah)
- Rameshwar jyotirling in Setubandanam / Rameshwaram (T.N.)
- Bhimashankar jyotirling in Dakini (Mah)
- Visweswar jyotirling in Varanasi (U.P.) and
- Ghrishneswar jyotirling in Devasrovar (Mah).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Habits to Stop Back Pain
Sleep with a pillow under your knees
Keep the bones in your spine strong by consuming plenty of calcium and vitamin D.
When sitting in an office chair, use the same good posture techniques you use when standing. It’s critical to keep good posture and support your back when sitting down, especially if you do it for several hours per day. Choose a quality chair that provides firm support for your lower back, and make sure your knees are a little higher than your hips when you sit.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼