Today’s top news:
- Nationwide, the dry-run will be held at various session sites of 736 districts across 33 states and union territories, including the national capital, today
- Telangana urges To to allocate additional doses of Covid vaccine.
- Delhi will witness the third dry mock-drill on January 8 at various hospitals in the city for smooth implementation of coronavirus vaccination process.
- Will farmers’ protest be a problem like Tablighi Jamaat, Supreme Court asks Centre : Chief Justice of India Sharad A. Bobde on Thursday voiced the Supreme Court’s apprehension that mass gatherings of protesting farmers will lead to a “problem similar to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation” in March last year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tractor marches from protest sites of Singhu, Tikri and Ghazipur borders and Haryana’s Rewasan as the agitating unions asserted they would not accept the Centre’s offer of amendments to the three farm laws. According to the protesting farm unions, these marches were a “rehearsal” for their proposed January 26 “Kisan parade” to the national capital.
- The 16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention, is being organized on 9th January 2021 , despite the ongoing Covid pandemic. The Convention will be held in virtual format, as were the PBD Conferences held recently in the run up to the Convention. The theme of 16th PBD Convention 2021 is “Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- Centre has decided to form a committee to protect the language, culture and land of Ladakh and ensuring citizen’s participation in the Union Territory’s development.
- The Minister of State for animal husbandry Sanjeev Baliyan confirmed that five states have been affected by bird flu. The states are Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh.
- In Maharashtra three parties of the Maha Vikas Aghadi government, the renaming of Aurangabad to ‘Sambhajinagar’ has become the latest one. Intensifying the row, CM Uddhav Thackeray’s official Twitter handle – referred to the city as ‘Sambhajinagar’ while announcing an official cabinet decision.
- In Punjab Capt Amarinder Singh-led Congress government has decided to hold the elections to the 118 civic bodies in the third week of February.
- The anti-terror probe agency, NIA, on Thursday, conducted searches at six different locations in Jammu, and Punjab, in connection with the seizure of about 61 kgs of heroin—worth more than Rs 50 crores
- Haryana (DGP) Director General of Police Manoj Yadava, who was due to return to central deputation, has been given extension “beyond” February, 20, 2021.
- Bird flu scare in Karnataka : Amid the bird flu (H5N8) outbreak in Kerala, six crows have died in the border district of Dakshina Kannada in Karnataka and their samples had been sent for tests to ascertain the cause of death.
- Renowned fashion designer and the founder of the eponymous label famous for its sarees, Satya Paul passed away at the age of 79. The condolences from the fashion industry also poured in.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced that the Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2021 for IIT Admission to be held on July 3. the IIT Kharagpur will conduct the JEE Advanced 2021 exam.
- Delhi govt orders re-opening of medical colleges with immediate effect as COVID-19 cases decline.
- The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) filed a case against actor Sonu Sood for allegedly transforming six-storey Shakti Sagar residential building in Juhu into a hotel . The complaint was filed at the Juhu police station under the Maharashtra Region and Town Planning Act.
- A contingent of the NSG ”black cat” commandos and a tableau of the country”s largest paramilitary force CRPF will be part of the forthcoming Republic Day parade in the national capital
- The Indian Army personnel will be getting high mobility vehicles soon and all of them will be prepared by BEML . The value of the vehicles would be Rs 758 crores.
- Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria assured Arunachal Pradesh of all support, including providing defence pilots to meet the shortage for operating fixed-wing civilian aircraft in the state.
- The Indian Army will initiate disciplinary proceedings against a serving soldier who had participated in a farmers’ protest in Bathinda last month, a development which has led to local commanders sensitising the troops on the dos and don’ts.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Nirav Modi’s Sister Shares Details On Assets Worth Rs 579 Crore :
Purvi Modi has given details about the bank accounts and assets in her name which includes a flat in Mumbai worth 19.5 crore, two flats in New York worth Rs 220 crore, two accounts in Swiss banks with Rs 270 crore, one flat in London worth Rs 62 crore and a bank account in Mumbai with Rs 1.92 crore.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said that India will stand by its commitment to Neighbourhood First Policy when it comes to supplying the vaccines to fight Covid.
- French President’s top advisor extends support to India at UNSC: French President Emmanuel Macron’s top diplomatic advisor who is in India for talks has assured his country’s support to New Delhi at the United Nations Security Council and has highlighted how Paris did not allow China “play..games”.
- Air India’s longest direct flight between Bengaluru and San Francisco to have all-women cockpit crew starts from 9 January 2021
- Elon Musk, the outspoken entrepreneur behind Tesla Inc and SpaceX, is now the richest person on the planet. The South Africa-born engineer’s net worth was $188.5 billion at 10:15 am in New York, $1.5 billion more than Bezos, who has held the top spot since October 2017.
- Prime Minister Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina has said that Bangladesh has resisted the rise of militancy with an iron hand and kept its cultural and spiritual heritage of being a nation of interfaith harmony.
- Bangladesh has asked Pakistan to offer an official apology for the genocide committed against people of the country during the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971 . The Pakistani High Commissioner had paid a courtesy visit to the State Minister Shahriar Alam in Dhaka on Thursday.
- Facebook Inc and Instagram decided on Thursday (January 7) to extend a ban on US President Donald Trump`s accounts for at least the next two weeks until the presidential transition is completed, said Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg,
- An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan issued an arrest warrant against banned Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar on the charges of terror financing.
- The 2021 Grammy Awards ceremony, 63rd originally scheduled for January 31, has been postponed due to Covid concerns. The ceremony is now scheduled to be held on March 14.
- Coronavirus Cases: 87,962,595
- BORDER-GAVASKAR TROPHY, 2020/21, 3RD TEST
India vs Aus
Australia 188/2 (66.0)
- The Indian domestic cricket season will finally kick-off this week, with cricketers from across the country coming together for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2021 . The tournament is scheduled to be held from January 10 and it will conclude on January 31 in Motera, Ahmedabad.
$USD 73.43 💷GBP 99.52
🥇Gold ₹51,890@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹74,200@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 85.95
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.96
₹ 706.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
India also has the world’s second-largest population of English speakers (first is the United States), since most Indians speak their own regional language as well as English for easier communication.
Thought of the day
Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming
Joke of the day
Pappu ko raat me cigarette peene ka man kiya.
sub taraf machees dhoonda, par kahi nhi mila……aakhir me nirash hoke candle bujha k so gaya..!!
Longest snake – Python
Why most jeans are blue
People have been wearing blue jeans for centuries. Originally, the blue color came from a natural indigo dye. The dye was chosen for the way it interacted with cotton. When heated, most dyes penetrate the cotton fibers but indigo dye attaches to the fiber’s surface, instead.
विवरणम् Vivaranam : Description
How it works ⁉
How are motherboards built?
A motherboard connects and transmits signals to and from peripherals, like your keyboard, mouse, and monitor. The same can be said for your components, such as your CPU, GPU, RAM, and others.
The motherboard is essentially a large PCB (printed circuit board), and the various lines you see are embedded copper tracks. These copper tracks are responsible for linking up your various parts and allow communication to take place between them. A motherboard is mainly composed of two materials:
Layers of fiberglass for insulation & Copper to form conductive pathways.
PNR – Passenger Name Record (used for Indian railways and airline tickets)
🛕 VEDIC GYAN
There are 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The word Jyothirlinga is made up of two words, Jyoti meaning ‘radiance’ and Linga, which represents Lord Shiva.
Jyotirlings are place where the Shiva appeared when he had created the jyotirlings initially. No Jyotirling was established by us, it was all already established
- Somnath JyotirLing in Saurashtra (Guj)
- Mallikarjun jyoptirling in Srisailam (A.P.)
- Mahakaleshwar jyotirling in Ujjain (M.P.)
- Omkareshwar jyotirling in Shivpuri / Amaleswara (M.P.)
- Vaidyanath jyotirling in Parali (Mah)
- Nageswar jyotirling in Darukavanam
- Kedareswar jyotirling in Kedarnath / Himalayas (Utt)
- Tryambakeswar jyotirling in Nasik (Mah)
- Rameshwar jyotirling in Setubandanam / Rameshwaram (T.N.)
- Bhimashankar jyotirling in Dakini (Mah)
- Visweswar jyotirling in Varanasi (U.P.) and
- Ghrishneswar jyotirling in Devasrovar (Mah).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Habits to Stop Back Pain
Sleep with a pillow under your knees
Keep the bones in your spine strong by consuming plenty of calcium and vitamin D.
When sitting in an office chair, use the same good posture techniques you use when standing. It’s critical to keep good posture and support your back when sitting down, especially if you do it for several hours per day. Choose a quality chair that provides firm support for your lower back, and make sure your knees are a little higher than your hips when you sit.
CH. Naveen Kumar
PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE