08 Aug (Monday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Sravan 26, (Purnimata)/ Sravana 11(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Jyeshta (up to 2:37 pm) Moola
Titi: Ekadashi (up to 9:00 pm) Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 07:41 AM – 09:18 AM
GKTODAY : https://youtu.be/UB0h2Fx7Z6I
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Jagdeep Dhankhar to take oath as 14th Vice President of office on Thursday.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman S Somanath has said that the maiden launch of the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle, SSLV failed to place the satellites in the intended orbit due to sensor anomaly.
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia and Minister of State for Civil Aviation Gen (Retd) V.K Singh inaugurated the First Flight of Akasa Air from Mumbai to Ahmedabad virtually on 07 Aug.
- Heavy rainfall warning for several states. Some parts of Odisha and Chhattisgarh will likely get extremely heavy rainfall on August 9. It is also likely over Goa and parts of Maharashtra till August 11. It is predicted over Gujarat from August 9 to 11.
- HARYANA : At least eight bogies of a goods train were derailed on the Delhi-Rohtak railway line at a station in Haryana on Sunday. No one was injured in the incident. The railway traffic was affected for several hours.
- J&K : The innovative Market Linkage scheme- PARVAZ possesses tremendous potential for uplifting the economic conditions of the farmers across the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- KERALA CM Pinarayi Vijayan has said that the Centre should review the cut in kerosene quota for fishermen.
- MANIPUR : The Directorate of Handloom & Textile celebrated the 8th National Handloom Day on 07 Aug at the City Convention Centre, Imphal.
- RAJASTHAN: CM Ashok Gehlot had to face severe criticism over his remark that death sentences for rapists have led to an increase in the murder of those who are sexually assaulted, with the Opposition BJP accusing the Congress- ruled government and its leader of “making controversial statements to hide their failures”.
- At least three people have died and two have been injured in a stampede at Khatu Shyam Temple in Rajasthan’s Sikar district on Monday morning
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Dr Nallathamby Kalaiselvi was appointed as the first female Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India’s largest research organisation. She’s a decorated scientist from Tamil Nadu, known for work on lithium-ion batteries.
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested an accused, identified as Mohsin Ahmad, for being allegedly involved in the activities of the Islamic State (ISIS) module case, after conducting searches at Batla House in New Delhi.
- Suspended TMC leader Partha Chatterjee, who has been arrested in connection with the School Service Commission appointments scam case, doesn’t want to resign from his MLA post, said his lawyer.
💷 GBP ₹95.78
BSE Sensex : 58,387.93 +89.13 (0.15%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,397.50 +15.50 (0.089%) 🔼
- No GST on ‘Sarais’ run by religious or charitable trusts: Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs CBIC has said that certain sections of the media and social media are spreading the message that GST has recently been imposed with effect from 18 July 2022 even on ‘Sarais’ run by religious or charitable trusts which is not true.
- Central Consumer Protection Authority has passed order against Amazon for allowing sale of domestic pressure cookers in violation to mandatory standards on its e-commerce platform.
- Reserve bank of India increases repo rate by 0.5% to 5.4%, back to pre-pandemic level, says RBI Governor Shaktikant Das
Actor Mohanlal, who holds the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army, recently visited India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant. Calling it a “true engineering marvel”, Mohanlal wrote on Instagram
- Gorkha war veterans want the Centre to extend by at least three more years the relaxation provided to Gorkhas in the educational qualification to join the army to stem the dwindling number of recruits from the community in the force. Online registration through the Agnipath scheme for recruitment to the army’s Gorkha Recruitment Depot located at Ghoom near Darjeeling started on Friday and will continue till September 3.
- Indian Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari on Saturday flew three indigenous aircraft- Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) TEJAS, Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) and Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40 (HTT-40)- which are being inducted into IAF as part of its drive towards Atmanirbhar Bharat.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Adding a new dimension to the burgeoning Indo-US strategic partnership, US Navy Ship (USNS) Charles Drew arrived at L&T’s Shipyard at Kattupalli, Chennai for undertaking repairs and allied services. This is the first ever repair of a US Navy ship in India. This will give a huge boost to ‘Make in India’ & ‘Aatmanirbharta in Defence sector.
- International Telecommunication Union’s Regional Standardization Forum for Asia and Oceania region will begin in New Delhi from 08 Aug.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) constitutes 15-member committee to attract foreign investment; Former Chief Economic Advisor K V Subramanian appointed Chairman.
- Singapore Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan has praised India for its digital identity and payment systems and said that it is a “clear opportunity” for the country
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Bangladesh: The govt of Bangladesh signed an agreement with the World Bank on 07 Aug for USD 300 million financing
- Israel has killed a second top militant from the Palestinian Islamic Jihad group, as the death toll continues to rise from air strikes in Gaza. Six children and several PIJ fighters- including leaders Khaled Mansour and Tayseer Jabari – are among the 31 Palestinians reported to have died.
- US accuses China of “provocative” and “irresponsible” actions after Taiwan says China rehearsed attack on island.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday said that Taiwan isn’t part of the US but Chinese territory.
- Bangladesh and China on Sunday signed four Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements to boost cooperation between the two countries.
- As China continue to hold military drills near Taiwan coast after US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s recent visit to Taipei, President Tsai Ing-wen has appealed for international support for the island nation and halt the escalation of the regional security situation.
Indian medal winners at Commonwealth Games 2022
No. Athlete/Team Medal Event Sport
1 Sanket Sargar Silver Men’s 55kg Weightlifting
2 Gururaja Poojary Bronze Men’s 61kg Weightlifting
3 Mirabai Chanbu Gold Women’s 49kg Weightlifting
4 Bindyarani Devi Silver Women’s 55kg Weightlifting
5 Jeremy Lalrinnunga Gold Men’s 67kg Weightlifting
6 Achinta Sheuli Gold Men’s 73kg Weightlifting
7 Sushila Devi Likmabam Silver Women’s 48kg Judo
8 Vijay Kumar Yadav Bronze Men’s 60kg Judo
9 Harjinder Kaur Bronze Women’s 71kg Weightlifting
10 Indian women’s team Gold Women’s fours Lawn bowls
11 Vikas Thakur Silver Men’s 96kg Weightlifting
12 Indian men’s team Gold Men’s team Table Tennis
13 Indian mixed team Silver Mixed team Badminton
14 Lovepreet Singh Bronze Men’s 109kg Weightlifting
15 Saurav Ghosal Bronze Men’s singles Squash
16 Tulika Maan Silver Women’s +78kg Judo
17 Gurdeep Singh Bronze Men’s +109kg Weightlifting
18 Tejaswin Shankar Bronze Men’s high jump Athletics
19 Murali Sreeshankar Silver Men’s long jump Athletics
20 Sudhir Gold Men’s heavyweight Para Powerlifting
21 Anshu Malik Silver Women’s 57kg freestyle Wrestling
22 Bajrang Punia Gold Men’s 65kg freestyle Wrestling
23 Sakshi Malik Gold Women’s 62kg freestyle Wrestling
24 Deepak Punia Gold Men’s 86kg freestyle Wrestling
25 Divya Kakran Bronze Women’s 68kg freestyle Wrestling
26 Mohit Grewal Bronze Men’s 125kg freestyle Wrestling
27 Priyanka Goswami Silver Women’s 10000m race walk Athletics
28 Avinash Sable Silver Men’s 3000m steeplechase Athletics
29 Indian men’s team Silver Men’s fours Lawn Bowls
30 Jaismine Lamboria Bronze Women’s 60kg lightweight Boxing
31 Pooja Gehlot Bronze Women’s 50kg freestyle Wrestling
32 Ravi Kumar Dahiya Gold Men’s 57kg freestyle Wrestling
33 Vinesh Phogat Gold Women’s 53kg freestyle Wrestling
34 Naveen Gold Men’s 74kg freestyle Wrestling
35 Pooja Sihag Bronze Women’s 76kg freestyle Wrestling
36 Mohammad Hussamuddin Bronze Men’s 57kg featherweight Boxing
37 Deepak Nehra Bronze Men’s 97kg freestyle Wrestling
38 Rohit Tokas Bronze Men’s 67kg welterweight Boxing
39 Sonalben Patel Bronze Women’s singles Classes 3-5 Para Table Tennis
40 Bhavina Patel Bronze Women’s singles classes 3-5 Para Table Tennis
41 Women’s hockey team Bronze Women’s hockey Hockey
42 Nitu Ghangas Gold Women’s 48kg minimumweight Bonding
43 Amit Panghal Gold Men’s 51kg flyweight Boxing
44 Eldhose Paul Gold Men’s triple jump Athletics
45 Abdulla Aboobacker Silver Men’s triple jump Athletics
46 Sandeep Kumar Bronze Men’s 10000m race walk Athletics
47 Annu Rani Bronze Women’s javelin throw Athletics
48 Nikhat Zareen Gold Women’s 50kg light flyweight Boxing
49 Sharath Kamal / G Sathiyan Silver Men’s doubles Table Tennis
50 Dipika Pallikal / Saurav Ghosal Bronze Mixed doubles Squash
51 Kidambi Srikanth Bronze Men’s singles Badminton
52 Women’s cricket team Silver Women’s T20 Cricket
53 Sharath Kamal / Sreeja Akula Gold Mixed doubles Table Tennis
54 Treesa Jolly / Gayatri Gopichand Bronze Women’s doubles Badminton
55 Sagar Ahlawat Silver Men’s 92+kg super heavyweight Boxing
INDIAN MEDAL WINNERS BY SPORT
Weightlifting 3 3 4 10
Judo 0 2 1 3
Lawn bowls 1 1 0 2
Table Tennis 2 1 0 3
Badminton 0 1 2 3
Squash 0 0 2 2
Para Pwr lifting 1 0 0 1
Athletics 1 4 3 8
Wrestling 6 1 5 12
Boxing 3 1 3 7
Para Table Tennis 1 0 1 2
Hockey 0 0 1 1
Cricket 0 1 0 1
TOTAL 18 15 22 55
- India beat West Indies for 13th time in 15 T20I matches, win series 4-1
India defeated West Indies by 88 runs in the fifth T20I in Florida to win the five-match series 4-1. This is India’s 13th victory against West Indies in the last 15 T20I matches between the two teams. Further, this is the second time that India have won at least four matches in a five-match T20I series
ODISHA : Bhubaneswar
Formed: 1 Apr 1936
Districts : 16
Governor : Ganeshi Lal
CM : Naveen Patnaik
🥇Gold ₹51,870 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹57,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹103.18/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.76/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
8 August – Quit India Movement Day
All India Congress Committee session in Bombay on 8 August, 1942, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi launched the ‘Quit India Movement’. It is also known as August Movement or August Kranti
😀Thought of the day
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पु – एक किलो शक्कर देना
दुकानदार – औऱ क्या चाहिये
पप्पु – 🤔🙄सरकारी नौकरी लगवा दे😂
Why a duck cannot fly ?
The main reason for unable to fly relates to their body weight.
Their Large feet.
Ducks have very small wings that don’t allow them to take flight.
Its body shape.
Disappear अपनिली Apnili
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A Train Horn, which is a powerful air horn, serves as an audible warning device for the railway guards, staff, and passengers.
It not just indicates the arrival or departure of the train, but every horn and its duration has a different meaning behind it.
Here is what some signals mean.
One short horn – signals that the motorman will be taking the train in the yard for a wash-up and cleaning.
Two short horns – he is asking the guard to direct the railway signal to start the train. *
Three smaller horns – means that the motormen have lost control over the motor. This is a signal for the guard to immediately pull the vacuum break.
Continuous horn – is blown to alert the passengers that the train will pass through stations without any halt.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Total airports India 486 , airstrips, flying schools and military bases available in the country. 123 airports with scheduled commercial flights including some with dual civilian and army use. 35 international airports
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kapil Sibal (born 8 August 1948) is an Indian politician. A lawyer, he formerly served at the helm of various ministries in the Congress-led UPA government over the years – beginning with the Ministry of Science & Technology, then the Ministry of Human Resource Development followed by the Ministry of Communications & IT, and the Ministry of Law & Justice. Sibal was first nominated in July 1998, as a Member of the upper house of the Indian Parliament, the Rajya Sabha, from the state of Bihar.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Latin and Greek– Unable to understand
DESPAIR : Contentment, Hope
DESPAIR : Depression, misery
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pradyumna was the son of Krishna and the sixty-first grandson of Adinarayana. His mother was Rukmini, whom Krishna had eloped with from Vidarbha during her swayamvara on her request. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cumin seeds contain naturally occurring substances that work as antioxidants .
Has anticancer properties.
May help treat diarrhea.
Helps control blood sugar.
Fights bacteria and parasites.
Has an anti-inflammatory effect.
May help lower cholesterol.
Aids in weight loss.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼