Today’s top news:
- PM Modi has laid the foundation stone of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II and Surat Metro Rail Project through video conferencing.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan yesterday inaugurated the newly constructed Burns and Plastic Surgery Block of AIIMS, New Delhi and dedicated it to Sushruta, ‘The Father of Plastic Surgery’.
- Trains delayed as dense fog engulfs Delhi-NCR region, air quality remains poor
- Mamata Banerjee on Monday declared she will contest the upcoming assembly election from Nandigram, as she took her battle for West Bengal to the home turf of political heavyweight Suvendu Adhikari, who recently quit the TMC and joined the BJP.
- PM Modi appointed the new chairman of the trust which manages the world-famous Somnath Temple at Prabhas Patan town in Gujarat’s Gir-Somnath district .
- The 11th round talks between Centre & farm unions postponed to Jan 20 amid impasse over agrarian laws : Demand for repealing The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, The Farmers ( Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act , 2020 and The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.
- PM Modi on Sunday flagged off eight trains connecting different regions of the country with Kevadiya, home to the Statue of Unity dedicated .
- Protests erupted in parts of Karnataka in a strong condemnation of Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray’s statement on the sensitive Karnataka-Maharashtra border issue.
- Telugu Desam Party leaders in Telangana & Andhrapradesh paid rich tributes to party founder and former chief minister N.T. Rama Rao (NTR) on his death anniversary 18 January.
- Schools in the national capital opened on Monday for students of classes 10 and 12 outside containment zones after remaining shut for over 10 months following the outbreak of coronavirus.
- The Union Education Ministry has announced that board exams for Classes 10 and 12 will be conducted from May 4 to June 10, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is yet to release an examination date-sheet.
- The political drama series Tandav, released on Amazon Prime Video last week, is facing flak for allegedly depicting Hindu gods in a manner hurtful to religious sentiments of people . An FIR was lodged against series director Ali Abbas Zafar and writer Gaurav Solanki at Lucknow.
- Tandav controversial scene : Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub seemed to be enacting a character based on Lord Shiva. He is then heard responding to a query on ‘increasing’ his social media popularity as ‘Ram ji’s followers were increasing.’ Team of 4 UP cops leave for Mumbai, MP Minister demands stay on webseries
- CISF personnel saves precious life by giving CPR to a passenger at Dabri More Metro Station : Constable Vikas of CISF noticed that the passenger near to his security point was unconscious and not breathing properly, Immediately, he started giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to the passenger by observing SOPs. Thereafter, the said passenger regained consciousness. He revealed his identity as Mr Satyanaran, aged about 45 yrs, R/O Janakpuri, New Delhi. (Hidden Msg: These news are manually made by ch naveenkumar).
- The Aero India-21 mobile application was recently launched by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh . The mobile app will act as a handy interactive interface for all the issues related to Aero India 2021.
- The Aero India is a biennial air show held in Bengaluru. It is organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation operating under the Ministry of Defence. The first edition of Aero India was held in 1996.
- The newly inducted Rafale fighter aircraft will feature in the Republic Day parade and culminate the flypast by carrying out the ‘Vertical Charlie’ formation. Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth to take part in R-Day parade, first woman fighter pilot to do so.
- Coronavirus Cases :10,572,672
- India has supplied a consignment of two Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHC) to Iran’s Chabahar port, with a total contract value of over USD 25 Million under a contract agreement for supply of 6 MHC.
- The bilateral contract between the Islamic Republic of Iran and Republic of India was signed on 23rd May 2016 with a total value of USD 85 million for Equipping, Mechanizing and starting Operations at Shahid Beheshti Port of Chabahar development Phase- I
- MV Jag Anand, the Indian ship which was stranded at Chinese port of Jingtang has reached Japan on 18th January for crew change. After prolonged talks between Indian side and Chinese side, the ship was allowed to sail to Japan on 10th January 2021. Crew will fly back to India soon.
- The Centre on Monday said that the government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India’s security. Reacting to reports of China undertaking construction work along the border areas with India.
- China completed construction of a village, 4.5 kms in Arunachal Pradesh.: The village consists of 101 homes, satellite images show
New village in Arunachal Pradesh nearly 4.5 km in Indian territory
Village is in Upper Subansiri district – marked by India. Though this area is Indian territory, according to official government maps, it has been in effective Chinese control since 1959.
- Twelve out of 22 miners trapped in a gold mine in eastern China’s Shandong province for 9 days are alive, as more than 400 rescuers worked to bring them to the surface.
- The Italian authorities believe that the Ndrangheta Mafia is responsible for controlling the massive amount of cocaine entering Europe from South America.
- Russia recently announced that it is withdrawing from the “Open Skies Treaty”. The treaty allows the signatories to carry out unarmed surveillance flights over each other’s territories.
- The Capitol Hill, the complex comprising of US Congress and its buildings, was briefly put under lockdown on Monday due to “an external security treat.
- US Vice President-elect Kamala Harris resigned her Senate seat on Monday, two days before she and President-elect Joe Biden are inaugurated.
- Coronavirus Cases: 95,603,963
Deaths : 2,042,076
Recovered : 68,297,538
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports Kiren Rijiju launched the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE) at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex at Mhalunge-Balewadi in Pune on Monday.
- The Sports Ministry has taken a decision to name all upcoming and upgraded sporting facilities of the Sports Authority of India: All newly built sports complex under SAI will be named after local star sportspersons.
- BORDER-GAVASKAR TROPHY, 2020/21, 4TH TEST
Australia 369 (115.2) , 294 (75.5)
India need 324 runs to win with 10 wickets remaining
India 336 (111.4) ,
$USD 73.25 💷GBP 99.34
🥇Gold ₹49,630@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 85.36
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.69
LPG ₹ 720.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Lepakshi is a village in the Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is located 15 km (9.3 mi) east of Hindupur and approximately 120 km (75 mi) north of Bangalore.” ‘ Lepakshi is culturally and archaeologically significant as it is the location of shrines dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu and Veerabhadra which were built during the Vijayanagara Kings’ period (1336–1646). The temples are the location of mural paintings of the Vijayanagara kings and Telugu inscriptions
Thought of the day
Karma says, when your time is good then your mistakes are taken as a joke. When your time is bad than your even jokes are taken as mistake.
Joke of the day
एक लड़के की नई-नई शादी हुई, पहली बार ससुराल गया…
साली से बोला : आपके गांव में सबसे मशहूर चीज़ क्या है?
साली : एक ही चीज मशहूर थी… वो भी आप ले गए!! 😄
How Do Clouds Float?
Clouds form when the sun creates warm, moist air by heating and evaporating water on the earth’s surface. The warm, moist air is less dense than the cold air above it, so that warm air rises2. The warm air cools as it comes into contact with the cooler air above. Cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air: the vapor has to condense into a liquid. This is the beginning of a cloud. the warm air pushes up on the cloud and keeps it afloat.
कल्पना : Imagination
How it works ⁉
How do Solar Panels Work?
When photons hit a solar cell, they knock electrons loose from their atoms. If conductors are attached to the positive and negative sides of a cell, it forms an electrical circuit. When electrons flow through such a circuit, they generate electricity.
ISI : Indian Standards Institution
The ISI mark is mandatory for certain products to be sold in India, such as many of the electrical appliances
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
त्रिविधं नरकस्येदं द्वारं नाशनमात्मन: |
काम: क्रोधस्तथा लोभस्तस्मादेतत्त्रयं त्यजेत् || 21||
tri-vidham—three types of; narakasya—to the hell; idam—this; dvāram—gates; nāśhanam—destruction; ātmanaḥ—self; kāmaḥ—lust; krodhaḥ—anger; tathā—and; lobhaḥ—greed; tasmāt—therefore; etat—these; trayam—three; tyajet—should abandon
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
CPR : Doing CPR right away can double or even triple a person’s chance of surviving cardiac arrest.
If a person is not breathing, his heartbeat will stop. Do CPR (chest compressions and rescue breaths) to help circulation and get oxygen into the body. (Early use of an AED—an automated external defibrillator—if one is available, can restart a heart with an abnormal rhythm.
Keep your hand on the centre of the victims chest. Interlock fingers. Give chest compressions. Move to the patient’s head. Tilt his head and lift his chin to open the airway again. Let his mouth fall open slightly. Take a normal breath, put your mouth over the patient’s, and blow until you can see his chest rise.Remove your mouth from the patient’s and look along the chest, watching the chest fall. Repeat steps and rescue breaths.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼