Today’s top news:
- A State Bank of India’s report highlights that, the pan-India Prices of fuels will drop if the petrol and diesel are brought under the GST regime to ₹75 and ₹68 a litre, respectively.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with the SBI Payments have announce to launch the ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ for millions of Indian merchants. This technology will be helpful in transforming the NFC enabled smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals for retailers.
- Farmer leaders on Saturday said the protesting unions stand firm on their demand of a complete repeal of the three agri laws and asserted that they are ready for talks with the government, but that should be held without any condition.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said the government is ready to amend three new farm laws to respect the sentiments of protesting farmers , even as he attacked opposition parties for doing politics on this issue at the cost of agriculture economy and by hurting farmers’ interest.
- The Union Health Ministry has approved administration of COVID-19 vaccine to dependents of armed forces personnel as well as veterans in service hospitals.
- Government has constituted a National Committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of Independence day which falls on 15th August 2022 in a befitting manner at national and international level in the form of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav . The committee has 259 members.
- Varavara Rao, the 81-year-old poet-activist who has been in jail for over two years in the Koregaon-Bhima case, walked out of the Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital late Saturday after being granted bail for six months by the Bombay High Court on medical grounds
- The Indian Medicines Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited (IMPCL) and the Government e-Market (GeM) portal has inked a deal under which the IMPCL will now sell its products on the e-Market (GeM) portal of the government .
- Former Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat on Saturday pulled an autorickshaw with a rope from the Congress Bhawan to Gandhi Park in Dehradun in protest against the hike in prices of fuel and LPG cylinder.
- A night curfew was imposed in Punjab’s four districts from Saturday to tackle a recent surge in coronavirus cases. Jalandhar, SBS Nagar, Hoshiarpur and Kapurthala.
- The state of Madhya Pradesh has introduced the night safaris in the three national parks in Madhya Pradesh. This move by the state is a major boost for the state which is already known for its robust tourism industry.
- The Congress on Saturday released its first list of candidates for West Bengal elections starting later this month, naming 13 contenders for the first two of the eight-phase polls . West Bengal will hold elections in a record eight rounds between March 27 and April 29. Votes will be counted on May 2 along with four other states that are going to polls.
- The DMK has decided to allot 25 seats to ally Congress for next month’s elections in Tamil Nadu
- The BJP has fielded former TMC leader and once close confidante of Mamata Banerjee, Suvendu Adhikari against the Chief Minister in high-stakes Nadigram Assembly constituency in poll-bound West Bengal.
- Noted Kannada poet, critic and translator N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta died on Saturday. He was 84 and was suffering from age-related ailments
- Over 2.06 Crore Covid Vaccine Doses Administered In India So Far: Union Health Ministry said on Saturday. The nationwide vaccination drive against COVID-19 was rolled out on January 16 with healthcare workers, while frontline workers stated receiving vaccine shots from February 2. Providing the second dose of COVID-19 shots started on February 13.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Saturday (March 6) declared the final results of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and the Naval Academy Examination (NAE) exams. A total of 533 candidates have qualified on the basis of the results of the written examination held on September 6, 2020 and the subsequent Interviews.
- Delhi govt approves formation of separate school education board:
The new Board will have a governing body headed by Education Minister of Delhi Government. There are around 1,000 Delhi government schools and about 1,700 private schools, most of them affiliated to the CBSE, in the city.
- PM Modi on Saturday addressed the Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama was administered the first dose of anti-coronavirus vaccine at Zonal Hospital Dharamsala on Saturday morning
- The body of the young man Govinda Singh, 24, was shot at Thursday in a village in Nepal near the India-Nepal border. allegedly killed in firing by the Nepalese Police was handed over to Indian authorities after several rounds of talks following which his family performed the last rites in Pilibhit.
- India steers clear of criticising Myanmar military Hours before the United Nations Security Council met for the second time to discuss the situation in Myanmar, India on Friday said that it has been discussing the situation with partner countries and the issues in the country should be resolved through peaceful manner.
- Uzbekistan Airlines Announces Direct Flights Between Delhi and Tashkent Under Air Bubble Pact, India recently signed air bubble arrangement with Uzbekistan, increasing the number of countries under air bubble agreement to 27.
- A private news channel has appointed Bangladesh’s first transgender newsprsenter. Tashnuva Anan Shishir will start presenting news for Boishakhi TV from the International Women’s Day on March 8.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote in National Assembly with 178 votes
- The United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) published the “Food Waste Index Report, 2021”. As per the UNEP report, estimated 931 million tonnes of food were wasted across the world 2019. The agency also highlighted that this amount of wasted food can circle the Earth seven times.
- Coronavirus Cases: 116,873,540
- Table Tennis: Indian paddlers Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ahyika Mukherjee started their campaign at WTT Star Contender Doha with comfortable victories in women’s singles qualifying Round One on Saturday. While the World No. 95 Sutirtha registered a dominating 11-9, 11-3, 11-6 victory over her opponent Ala Mohamed from Qatar, World No. 131.
- Asian Championship gold medallist Pooja Rani (75kg) defeated World Champion Atheyna Bylon of Panama in the semi-final bout as 9 Indian Boxers stormed into the finals of 35th Boxam International Boxing tournament in Castellon, Spain on Friday.
- Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu enters Swiss Open final: dished out a superlative performance to outclass Mia Blichfeldt of Denmark in straight games and enter the women’s singles final of the Swiss Open Super 300 tournament in Basel on Saturday.
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
1st T20, England in India, 5 T20I Series, 2021, March 12, 202
$USD 73.18 💷GBP 101.28
🥇Gold ₹44,450@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 97.91
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.57
LPG : ₹ 822.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
The Cellular Jail, also known as Kālā Pānī, was a colonial prison in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. The prison was used by the British for the express purpose of exiling political prisoners to the remote archipelago.
Joke of the day
दोदो दोस्त बात कर रहे थे…
यार कल रात घर देर से पहुंचा, बेल बजाई
पर बीवी ने दरवाजा खोला ही नहीं,
पूरी रात सड़क पर गुजारनी पड़ी…
दोस्त – फिर सुबह बीवी की खबर ली कि नहीं…?
दूसरा दोस्त – अरे नहीं यार…
सुबह याद आया कि बीवी तो मायके गई है
और चाबी मेरी जेब में ही थी…!!!😮😮😮
Thought of the day
Patience is not the Ability to wait but the Ability to keep a Good Attitude while waiting 🦋
Why do we breathe in more oxygen than we breathe out
When we take a breath, we pull air into our lungs that contains mostly nitrogen and oxygen. When we exhale, we breathe out mostly carbon dioxide. … Oxygen helps our cells work harder by breaking down the nutrients we get from food like sugars. With sugars and oxygen, our cells can create the energy they need to function
दहति : Burn
How it works ⁉
How Rexine is made
It was made of cloth surfaced with a mixture of cellulose nitrate (a low explosive also used as the propellant in firearms rounds), camphor oil, pigment and alcohol, embossed to look like leather.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations (UN), charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending the admission of new UN members to the General Assembly.
Formation : 24 October 1945
Membership: 15 countries
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Lord Ayyappa was the son of lord Vishnu & Shiva, He is mainly worshipped in South India. He is also spelt as Ayya(father)+ Appa(father). It is believed that he was born out of the union between Lord Shiva and the mythical Mohini, who is also regarded as an avatar of Lord Vishnu. Therefore, Ayyappa is also called as ‘ Hariharan Puthiran’ which means the son of both Hari or Vishnu and ‘ Haran’ or Shiva.
Lord Ayyappa also called as Manikandan
because, according to the legend of his birth, his parents tied a golden bell also called as mani around his neck ( kandan ) soon after his birth. As legendary, when Shiva and Mohini abandoned the child on the banks of the Pampa River, the ruler of that dynasty, King Rajashekhara, the childless monarch belonging to Pandalam, adopted Ayyappa and accepted him as the divine gift.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Turmeric powder : With its high antiseptic properties, dabbing a generous amount of turmeric powder on a fresh cut will help stop the oozing of blood and also prevent infections.
The curcumin found in turmeric can help wounds heal by decreasing inflammation and oxidation. It also lowers the response of your body to cutaneous wounds. This results in your wounds healing more quickly. Studies have found that turmeric can positively affect tissue and collagen as well.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼