07 June (Tuesday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Jyeshta 22, (Purnimata)/ Jyeshta 08(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra Purva Phalguni/ Uttara Phalguni
Titi: Saptami (up to 7:55 am) Ashtam
RahuKaal: 03:46 PM – 05:26 PM
GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/Szj5pucOVjk
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) releases its revamped and dynamic public dashboard.
- Dashboard provides a granular view of PM-JAY scheme implementation data in a comprehensive manner.
- IMD issues orange alert for some of the Northern parts of the country (Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Bundelkhnad region) over the heatwave condition which is likely to continue till 8th of this month.
- Home Minister Amit Shah to inaugurate the National Tribal Research Institute in New Delhi.
- National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) on Monday said that over 90% of the land required for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train project has been acquired. NHSRCL also said that 98.79% of the land required in Gujarat has been acquired, while the figure stands at 71.49% in Maharashtra. The land required in Dadra and Nagar Haveli has been fully acquired.
- ARUNACHAL : Researchers at the Botanical Survey of India (BSI) have rediscovered arare plant, which is sometimes called the ‘Indian lipstick plant’, from remote Anjaw district in Arunachal Pradesh after more than a century. The plant (Aeschynanthus monetaria Dunn) was first identified by British botanist Stephen Troyte Dunn in 1912.
- DELHI : The Enforcement Directorate has been conducting raids at seven locations- six in Delhi and one in Gurugram, including the residence of Delhi’s health minister Satyendar Jain, in connection with hawala transactions related to a Kolkata based company.
- J&K: Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, rescue teams will be deployed along the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway (NH44) to provide help to the pilgrims during the upcoming Amarnath Yatra.
- KERALA : Union Minister Piyush Goyal met representatives of the fishing community at the Marine Products Export Development Authority office in Kochi.
- LEH : University of Ladakh is organizing a 4-Day National Geo-Research Scholars Meet, NGRSM, in the campus, from tomorrow.
- MANIPUR Handloom & Handicrafts Development Corporation (MHHDC) signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with e-market platform, Amazon at Imphal.
- Manipur: Council for Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (COHSEM) announces the class 12 examination, 2022 result on 06 June.
- PUNJAB : Candidates of various parties file their nomination papers to contest bypoll in Sangrur Constituency on the last day of filing nomination papers.
- Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu, who was lodged in Patiala central jail, has been hospitalised due to liver-related problems, Chandigarh’s PGIMER said.
- UTTARAKHAND Govt orders a Magisterial Inquiry into the Damta Road accident on the Yamunotri National Highway that took place on 05 June. 26 people lost their lives and four others were injured in the incident.
- UTTAR PRADESH: President Ram Nath Kovind visits Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi and performs Pooja.
- TAMIL NADU : PM Modi has expressed grief over the loss of lives of youngsters by drowning in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu. He said, his thoughts are with the bereaved families.
- Four women and three girls, who had gone to bathe in Kedilam river near Nellikuppam in Cuddalore district on Sunday afternoon drowned. None of them knew swimming.
- Indian Railways New Rules: Now Some ‘other person’ can also travel on your train ticket! If you have a confirmed train reservation ticket, but you are not able to travel due to some other important work, then you can transfer this ticket to any member. For this, the passenger has to give a request 24 hours before the departure of the train.
💷 GBP ₹97.52
BSE Sensex 55,675.32
NIFTY : 16,569.55
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman will flag off the Iconic Day celebrations of her Ministry during Iconic Week of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) in New Delhi, today.
- Union Finance Ministry released the third monthly installment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant of over 7 thousand 183 crore rupees to 14 States on 06 June. Over 21 thousand 550 crore rupees’ grants have been released to the States so far.
- The States which have been recommended for Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant during this fiscal year include Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
- Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman participates in the second BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meeting; Says that India’s economic growth will continue to be supported by fiscal spending along with an investment push.
- RESERVE BANK OF INDIA clarifies that there won’t be any change in the existing Indian Currency and the banknotes.
- There were some reports stating that the Reserve Bank of India is considering replacing Mahatma Gandhi’s image on existing currency and banknotes.
- Jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi was questioned on Monday in connection to a threat letter sent to Salman Khan and his father Salim Khan. This came as reports said today that the letter had the initials ‘LB’ signed on it. Letter also reportedly had ‘GB’, seen as a reference to Bishnoi’s aide Goldy Brar, who’s an accused in Sidhu Moosewala’s murder
- Actor Dharmendra shared a video denying rumours of him being hospitalised in a ‘critical’ condition as was reported earlier. “Main chup hu, lekin beemaar nahi (I’m silent but not sick),” said the 86-year-old veteran actor. “Be positive, think positive, life will be positive,” said Dharmendra in the video. He was hospitalised last month following a muscle spasm.
- A multinational peacekeeping exercise-Ex Khaan Quest 2022 featuring participation from military contingents from 16 countries including India🇮🇳 commenced in Mongolia. Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the Ladakh Scouts.
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh cleared proposals worth 76 thousand 390 crore rupees to boost self-reliance in defence sector on 06 June. DAC accorded fresh Acceptance of Necessity for procurement of rough terrain fork lift trucks, bridge laying tanks, wheeled armoured fighting vehicles for the army.
- Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, Agni-4, successfully tested on 06 Jun. A successful training launch of Agni-4, was carried out from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- Ahead of the 8th International Yoga Day, ITBP personnel have set a unique record by practicing yoga at an altitude of 22,850 feet near Mount Abi Gamin in Uttarakhand.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is all set to embark on a three-day visit to Vietnam from 8 June to hand over 12 high-speed guard boats constructed under India’s 100 million US Dollars Defence Line of Credit.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- In response to media queries regarding the recent statement by General Secretariat of the OIC, External Affairs Ministry Spokesman Arindam Bagchi said, Government of India accords the highest respect to all religions and India has categorically rejected Organisation of Islamic Cooperation Secretariat’s comments on India and termed them unwarranted and narrow-minded.
- India urges the OIC Secretariat to stop pursuing its communal approach and show due respect to all faiths and religions. Says it is regrettable that OIC Secretariat has yet again chosen to make motivated, misleading and mischievous comments.
- BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) celebrated its 25th founding day on 6th June in Dhaka. Secretary General Tenzin Lekphell spoke about 25 years of its journey & future roadmap.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will face a vote of confidence in his leadership of the Conservative Party . Why is UK PM Johnson facing a no-confidence vote ?
- UK PM Boris Johnson faces a no-confidence vote in the Parliament on Monday over the ‘partygate’ scandal.
- A video of Johnson’s senior aides joking about breaking lockdown rules to attend a Christmas party was leaked online in December 2021. Parties involving alcohol were allegedly held in Downing Street during the height of COVID-19 lockdowns in 2020 and 2021
- Russia warns that Western deliveries of longer-range arms to Kyiv would compel them to push Ukrainian forces further back from its borders.
- According to WHO, a total of 780 laboratory-confirmed cases of monkeypox have been reported between May 13 and June 2. Most affected countries are Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana , Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
- South Korea and the United States launched 8 missiles on 06 Jun, in response to ballistic missiles fired by North Korea on 05 Jun. As per media reports, South Korea’s President Yoon Suk-Yeol said, his government would respond sternly to any provocation from its northern neighbour.
- A fire that left 41 people dead at a container depot in Bangladesh’s Chittagong has continued to burn for the third day on Monday. Officials warned that there is a risk of further blasts if the flames spread to chemicals stored nearby. An official said that a container with hydrogen peroxide was identified as the possible source of the fire.
- NATO on Sunday kicked off a two-week military exercise with Finland and Sweden in the Baltic Sea amid tensions with Russia over the war in Ukraine. Notably, Finland and Sweden had applied to join NATO in May. Russia had warned the two countries against joining the Western military alliance and warned them of retaliatory measures against the move.
- China on Monday banned individuals aged below 18 from getting tattoos, stating that body art for minors opposes “socialist core values”. According to the new rules, tattoo artists and parlours found to be tattooing minors will be strictly punished as per law
KHELO INDIA YOUTH GAMES 2021
(a) Haryana reaches 1st place in medal tally by winning
11 Silver🥈 &
(b) MAHARASHTRA moves to 2nd place with
9 silver &
9 bronze followed by Manipur who is at 3rd place by winning
3 Silver &
1 Bronze medals
- India’s Avinash Sable broke his own 3000m steeplechase national record after he finished fifth in the race at Rabat Diamond League 2022 in Morocco on Sunday. The 27-year-old, in his maiden Diamond League appearance, clocked 8:12.48. This is the eighth time Sable broke the national record. Tokyo Olympic gold medallist Soufiane El Bakkali of Morocco won the race in 7:58.28.
- 🏆 The 36-year-old Rafael Nadal wins French Open for the record 14th Time. He claimed an all-time men’s record-extending 22nd Grand Slam.
PUNJAB : Chandigarh
Formation : 01 Nov 1966
Gvnr : Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Dist : 23
🥇Gold ₹52,660 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹96.94/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹87.19/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,044/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Supreme Court of India Established on 1 October 1937(as Federal Court of India)
On 28 January 1950, it was renamed as Supreme Court of India.
It is Located at
Tilak Marg, New Delhi,
Its Motto is Yato Dharmastato Jayah (Where there is righteousness (dharma), there is victory (jayah))
The Chief Justice of India is the head and chief judge of the Supreme Court, which consists of a maximum of 34 judges. It is regarded as the most powerful public institution in India
Current CJI : Shree N. V. Ramana Since 24 April 2021
😀Thought of the day
Don’t keep your dreams in your eyes, they may fall as tears.
Keep them in your heart so that every heartbeat may remind you to convert them into reality
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : How do you measure a snake?
Pappu : In inches
Teacher : Why?
Pappu : They don’t have feet.
Why Honey cannot be spoiled, how can honey last a long time?
High sugar content and low moisture
Honey is made of approximately 80% sugar and no more than 18% of water, which can inhibit the growth of microbes such as bacteria and fungi. The exact ratio of sugar and water depends on the bee species, weather, plants, and processing. Moreover, honey is dense so oxygen cannot easily dissolve into it, which prevents many types of microbes from reproducing or growing.
The honey is quite acidic with its pH ranging from 3.4 to 6.1, and the main reason for this is the presence of gluconic acid. Honey bees produce enzymes which suppress bacterial growth. The enzyme in question is glucose oxidase, which bees secrete into the nectar during honey production. This helps preserve the honey.
रमेशः भवन्तं आह्वयति । = Ramesh is calling you.
3.पश्यतु, नासिका स्रवति । = Look, you have a running nose.
सपूर्ति : inspiration
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW ARE PEARLS FORMED
A natural pearl (often called an Oriental pearl) forms when an irritant works its way into a particular species of oyster, mussel, or clam. As a defense mechanism, the mollusk secretes a fluid to coat the irritant. Layer upon layer of this coating is deposited on the irritant until a lustrous pearl is formed.
A natural pearl begins its life inside an oyster’s shell when an intruder, such as a grain of sand or bit of floating food, slips in between one of the two shells of the oyster, a type of mollusk, and the protective layer that covers the mollusk’s organs, called the mantle.
In order to protect itself from irritation, the oyster will quickly begin covering the uninvited visitor with layers of nacre — the mineral substance that fashions the mollusk’s shells. Layer upon layer of nacre, also known as mother-of-pearl, coat the grain of sand until the iridescent gem is formed.
Cultured pearls are made in the same way. The only difference is that instead of accidental circumstances, a “pearl farmer” embeds a grain of sand into the mollusk.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7 June to draw global attention to the consequences of contaminated food and water to health. Also, this day focuses on the way to reduce the risk of food poisoning. The safety of food is a key to achieve Sustainable Development Goals
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Surinder Singh Nijjar (born 7 June 1949) is a former judge of the Supreme Court of India.
He was formerly the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Give someone the cold shoulder
FRANK x Secretive Timidity
Bossy – controlling, domineering
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why people put their hand behind the head while having tilak on the forehead in Hindi tradition?“
Forehead and back of head are sensitive and have nerve endings when stimulated it helps us in circulation of blood and working of brain. There is chakra in the middle of forehead which is also called as third eye. chakra in between two eyebrows. While applying tilak, the right hand is covered the crown or shika,so that the bliss obtained will spread allover to the head as well as to the body.
Other reason : we put our right hand on the head of person we are blessing. Truer the RESPECT Truer is the Blessing… By showing RESPECT you are automatically getting blessed. You are the respector and you yourself are the blessor.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
has been used for centuries to improve overall kidney function. It will flush stones and other toxins from your system. It’s packed with antioxidants, which help keep the kidneys healthy and may have a role in preventing kidney stones from developing.
It also lowers your urine’s acidity level. Lower acidity levels reduce your risk for future kidney stones.
Note: You shouldn’t drink pomegranate juice if you’re taking:
- Medications changed by the liver
- BP medications, such as chlorothiazide (Diuril)
Kidney Bean : Simply strain the liquid from cooked beans and drink a few glasses throughout the day. It also helps dissolve and flush out the stones.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼