Today’s Top News:
- Kisan Kalyan Mission: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday launched the Kisan Kalyan Mission in his state UP . The Kisan Kalyan Mission is aimed at doubling the income of the farmers in Uttar Pradesh by 2022.
- The Maharashtra government on January 6 approved the proposal to cut the premium on real estate projects by half till December 31, 2021. Developers availing of the scheme would have to pay full stamp duty and registration charges on behalf of homebuyers.
- Union minister for animal husbandry, fisheries and dairying Giriraj Singh advises people on safe ways to consume meat, poultry products amid Avian Influenza outbreak in Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Rajasthan.
- Madhya Pradesh Bans Chicken Import From Southern States For 10 Days
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who has been a vocal critic of the centre’s farm laws, urged PM Modi to “bring in new laws after consultation with farmers” and resolve the months-long standoff.
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said that, “Farmer unions who are agitating will understand the idea behind agriculture laws and they will think about the welfare of farmers and actively arrive at a solution by a positive discussion,”
- At Tikri border, farmers gear up for Thursday’s ‘tractor march’
First cavalcade of 400 tractors to leave for Singhu border in morning.
- The UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All) and SLNP (Street Lighting National Programme) completed six years of successful implementation . The two programmes revamped household and public lighting system across the country.
- UP ADG (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar stressed that no culprit in the Badaun gangrape and murder case will be spared. Condemning the ghastly incident ;: In a shocking incident, a 50-year-old woman was gang-raped and murdered by three men including a priest in a temple premises in Uttar Pradesh’s Badaun on the night of January 3.
- Farmer unions protesting against the three new agri laws Wednesday claimed the cancellation of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s visit to India later this month was a “political win” for them and a “diplomatic defeat” for the government, and asserted their agitation has been receiving global support.
- Days after successfully conducting a nationwide COVID-19 vaccination ‘dry run’ across the country , India is all set to conduct another pan-India dry run on January 8, this time, across all districts of the country. The aim of the dry run is to test linkages between planning and implementation and to identify the challenges. The dry run will also test Co-WIN application, developed specifically for Coronavirus inoculation drive.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will hold a virtual review meeting with the Health Ministers of all the states on January 7, regarding the mammoth inoculation drive.
- The first phase of ‘dry run’ was conducted across 4 states of the country namely Assam, Karnataka, Gujarat, and Punjab on December 28 and 29. This was followed by a nationwide dry run across the country on January 2 conducted in 116 districts across 259 sites in various states and Union Territories.
- The Union Health Ministry on Wednesday asked people not to download or register on several fraudulent applications named ‘ CoWIN ’ which are available on app-stores.
- Former Andhra Pradesh minister Bhuma Akhila Priya was on Wednesday arrested in connection with the kidnapping of a former badminton player Praveen Rao and his two brothers from Bowenpally over a land dispute.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday chuckled over the demand for conferring Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian honour in the country, on Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla’s daughter Anjali has been selected for civil services by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which has released a list of 89 candidates on its reserve list.
- The Delhi Government issued guidelines to reduce the weight of school bags of students in the National Capital Region under its Delhi School Bag Policy According to the new Delhi School Bag Policy, the weight of the school bag of students between Class 1 and Class 10 should not be more than 10% of their body weight. The policy suggests that the schools should follow and use textbooks prescribed by NCERT, SCERT and CBSE only.
- Punjab to reopen schools for Classes 5 to 12 from January 7. The timings of the schools will be from 10 am to 3 pm
- Famous Bollywood fashion designer Swapnil Shinde has come out as a transwoman . The designer took to Instagram to make the announcement public. She is now known as Saisha Shinde.
- Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik in a ceremony on Wednesday handed over the 100,000th Bullet Proof Jacket (BPJ) to Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane.
- A MiG-21 fighter jet of Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed near Suratgarh, Rajasthan on Tuesday evening. The pilot managed to eject safely . The primary cause of the crash is suspected to be – technical malfunction. A Court of Inquiry has been ordered to probe the accident,
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Amid the coronavirus restrictions in the United Kingdom, all consular services have been suspended till February 20, said Indian Embassy in the UK.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said that India will stand by its commitment to Neighbourhood First Policy when it comes to supplying the vaccines to fight Covid.
- World Bank Signs $105 Million Project to Improve Waterways in West Bengal
- The Union Cabinet recently approved the Memorandum of Understanding between India and Japan on “Specified Skilled Worker”. Under the agreement, India will send skilled labours to Japan. The only condition is that the workers should have qualified in the required skill test and in Japanese language test.
- After Canadian Prime Minister Justin Treaude made unwarranted remarks on the ongoing farmer’s agitation in India, a Canadian political party leader was spotted mingling with the farmers protesting at the Delhi borders. Ramandeep Brar was clicked near the Singhu Haryana-Delhi border on Saturday, after he reached the site to have a ‘discussion’ with the kisans lodged there.
- India and Israel have successfully tested a Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) defence system. This missile defence system, developed jointly to deal with airstrikes by enemy countries, was tested last week.
- An asteroid as big as the Eiffel Tower is en route the Earth and is predicted to strike sometime early in 2021, The monstrous asteroid called 2021 CO247, which is 0.83 times the height of the Eiffel Tower will fly past the Earth at 7.4 million kilometers.
- China issues first cold wave advisory of 2021, Beijing temperature to dip to minus 16 °C.
- An International Team of researchers led by University of Oxford have developed a new approach to survey African Elephants using satellite images and Artificial Intelligence.
- Unrest broke out at an immigration detention centre on Australia’s Christmas island after detainees set fire to at least two compounds,
- Coronavirus Cases: 87,199,775
- BORDER-GAVASKAR TROPHY, 2020/21, 3rd test
Australia vs India
Day 1 – Rain Stoppage
AUS : 21/1 (7.1) CRR: 2.93
IND : Yet to bat
AUS elected to bat
- In UT Ladakh, Khelo India Ice Hockey Tournament organised at Chiktan in Kàrgil district . Alongwith 11 teams from different villages of Chiktan, for the first time two Women Teams of Chiktan also participated in the Khelo India Games.
- New Zealand first-class cricketer and World War II veteran, Alan Burgess, the world’s oldest cricketer, has died “overnight in his sleep” aged 100 years and 250 days at Charles Upham Retirement Village in Rangiora,
$USD 73.14 💷GBP 99.46
🥇Gold ₹51,180@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹74,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 70.74
⛽ Diesel ₹ 69.54
₹ 770.00 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
First Asian Games organised Delhi (1951)
Thought of the Day
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them
Joke of the day
Pappu kissed his GF in park
Gf : Plz ye sab shaadi se pehle maat karo
Pappu : Oh yaar Don’t worry I’m married
Why do we Dream ?
The scientific study of dreams is called oneirology. Dreams mainly occur in the rapid-eye movement (REM) stage of sleep—when brain activity is high and resembles that of being awake. REM sleep is revealed by continuous movements of the eyes during sleep. … However, these dreams tend to be much less vivid or memorable.
Dreaming is a symbolic language designed to communicate your inner wisdom to you while you are asleep. The part of your subconscious that processes dreams — your dream self — sends messages as symbols and images, which in turn conveys ideas or situations in a visual language.
सपूर्ति : inspiration
The first watch was invented by locksmith and inventor Peter Henlein in Nuremberg, Germany in the year 1505
“Why do people put their hand behind their head while having tilak on the forehead?”
Forehead and back of head are sensitive and have nerve endings when stimulated it helps us in circulation of blood and working of brain. There is chakra in the middle of forehead which is also called as third eye. chakra in between two eyebrows. While applying tilak, the right hand is covered the crown or shika,so that the bliss obtained will spread allover to the head as well as to the body.
Other reason : We put our right hand on the head of person we are blessing. Truer the RESPECT Truer is the Blessing… By showing RESPECT you are automatically getting blessed. You are the respector and you yourself are the blessor.
HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips are followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not.)
Home remedies for piles: Piles or Hemorrhoids can be defined as swellings that develop inside and around the anus. They are cushions of tissue, which consist of blood vessels.
Castor Oil – Castor oil has wide ranging properties like anti-oxidant rich, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Hence, this ingredient has the power to decrease the size of the piles and reduce pain in the individual. It could also be applied in the affected area.
CH. Naveen Kumar
PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE.