06 Oct (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Ashvina 26, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Dhanishta (till 7:42 pm)Shatabhisha
Tithi: Ekadashi (up to 9:40 am) Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 01:42 PM – 03:10 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The festival of Vijayadashmi or Dussehra been celebrated across the country yesterday. The festival is celebrated to remember Lord Ram’s victory over Ravana, marking the triumph of good over evil.
- More than 218 crore 83 lakh COVID vaccine doses administered in country so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar participated in Dussehra celebrations at Lal Qila Maidan in New Delhi.
- PM Modi inaugurates AIIMS and lays foundation stone for several projects worth over ₹3500 cr in Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah ruling out any talks with Pakistan, he said that the Modi Government will talk only with the people of Jammu and Kashmir and stressed that terrorism would be eradicated from Kashmir Valley at any cost. Addressing a mammoth rally in north Kashmir’s Baramulla town.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is set to launch 36 satellites, part of a constellation by OneWeb in the final weeks of this month. The GSLV will launch at the end of this month. The satellites arrived in India late last month. NSIL has signed two launch contracts with OneWebb.
- DELHI : In a shuffle of Parliamentary panels, Raghav Chadha of the Aam Aadmi Party has been appointed a member of the Standing Committee on Finance. Youngest in the Rajya Sabha at 34, Mr Chadha, a chartered accountant, is one of seven members the party nominated to the Upper House from Punjab earlier this year.
- A fire broke out at a cloth market in Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar on Wednesday. No casualties have been reported so far, fire department officials said. As many as 35 fire tenders reached the spot after receiving a call about the fire in the evening.
- GUJARAT , the state government announced Aatmanirbhar Gujrat Scheme for Assistance To Industries at Gandhinagar. chief minister Bhupendra Patel said the scheme is expected to attract a proposed investment of nearly 12.50 lakh crore rupees in the state besides generating employment for around 15 lakh people in the coming days.
- KARNATAKA : India Meteorological Department (IMD) has raised an alert for thunderous rainfall in Bengaluru and other districts of Karnataka. IMD issued yellow alert for Chikkamagaluru, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Kodagu and Shivamogga districts of the state.
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi visited the Bheemanakolli temple in Begur village of Karnataka’s Mysuru on Wednesday to offer prayers on the occasion of Dussehra
- MAHARASHTRA : The 66th Dhammachakra Pravartan Day has been celebrated with full zeal and fervor at DeekshaBhoomi in Nagpur. An Architect of Indian Constitution Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar embraced Buddhism on the day of Viajaydashmi on 14th October 1956.
- UTTARAKHAND , the Portals of Kedarnath and Yamunotri will be closed for the winter on Bhai Dooj on October 27, While Gangotri will close on Govardhan pooja on 26th October. The Shrines of Badrinath will be closed on 19th November for winter.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has deployed two helicopters to save mountaineers trapped in snow after an avalanche hit Draupadi ka Danda-2 mountain peak in Uttarakhand. The helicopters were deployed from Uttar Pradesh.
- J&K : Four terrorists have been killed in two separate encounters with security forces in Shopian district. A Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist was killed at Moolu village of Shopian, while three Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists were killed in an overnight operation in Drach area of the district.
- MAHARASHTRA , five people have died and eight injured in a road accident at Bandra-Worli Sea-link. Today, in wee hours an ambulance and four vehicles collided with each other.
💷 GBP ₹92.44
BSE Sensex : 58,065.47 +1,276.66 (2.25%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,274.30 +386.95 (2.29%) 🔼
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 14 projects worth Rs 1,145 crore. The projects include sewerage management, curbing industrial pollution, and biodiversity conservation.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has acquired a 60% stake in Ayurveda hospital chain AyurVAID for ₹26.4 crore, PTI reported. The investment will reportedly be used to upgrade existing centres and for digital health initiatives. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Chairman Prathap C Reddy said.
- Financial messaging system SWIFT has laid out its blueprint for a global central bank digital currency network following an eight-month-long experiment on different technologies and currencies. The experiment included 14 central and commercial banks, connected to SWIFT’s main hub, said SWIFT’s head of innovation Nick Kerigan.
- According to data from the RBI, India Inc’s foreign commercial borrowings in August this year increased by nearly 4.6% to $2.98 billion. Over $2.47 billion of the total borrowings was through the automatic route of raising funds from foreign sources. While over $502.79 million was raised by way of issuing rupee denominated bonds (RDBs) or masala bonds.
- Dhanush and Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth, who announced their separation in January earlier this year, have decided to put their divorce on hold, as per several reports. According to reports, the families of both parties met at Rajinikanth’s home and agreed that they should work on their marriage. Dhanush got married to Aishwaryaa, Rajinikanth’s eldest daughter, in 2004
- Industrialist Anand Mahindra shared the video of the Hindu Temple of Dubai, which was officially inaugurated on Wednesday. Video shows new 70,000-square feet Hindu temple inaugurated in Dubai
- Stand-up comedians like Sunil Pal, Sudesh Lehri, Ehsaan Qureshi, and others joined Kapil Sharma on his show for a special tribute episode for Raju Srivastava.
- The promo for the special episode was shared by Kapil on his social media on Tuesday, and it shows the comedians coming together to remember Raju in the way he would have wanted – with laughter and fun.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh performs ‘Shastra Pooja’ at Auli Military Station in Uttarakhand on occasion of Vijayadashami with Armed forces and ITBP personnel at Auli Military Station in Chamoli Uttarakhand.
- The Indian Air Force will introduce a new disruptive pattern combat uniform for its personnel on October 8, Air Force Day“The new uniform will have a digital camouflage pattern and a different fabric and design. It will be unveiled by the Chief of the Air Staff at the Air Force Day Parade in Chandigarh.
- INDIAN NAVY’S FIRST TRAINING SQUADRON IN KUWAIT: In an opportunity to expose trainees to the military and maritime linkages of India with Kuwait, the ships of the First Training Squadron comprising Indian Naval Ship Tir, Sujata and Coast Guard Ship Sarathi arrived at Port Al-Shuwaikh, Kuwait.
- An Army chopper crashed near Tawang during a routine sortie on Wednesday morning, one of the two pilots lost his life.
- Pakistan’s Genaral Bajwa meets defence officials of the Biden administration in Washington after the F-16 assistance. Incident is at Nyamjang Chu near Bap Teng Kang waterfall area of Jemeithang circle in Tawang district.
- Days after the US signed a $450 million package to upgrade Pakistan’s F-16 fleet, Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Jawed Bajwa called on US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, National Security Adviser Jacob Sullivan, and Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman on his recent visit to Washington.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India has emerged as the world’s largest producer and second-largest exporter of sugar. In Sugar Season 2021-22, a record of more than five thousand Lakh metric tons of sugarcane was produced in the country.
- World Bank (WB) President David Malpass on Wednesday praised the Indian government’s support to the poor during the COVID-19 pandemic, specifically lauding India’s targeted cash transfer programme. Malpass said, “Helped by digital cash transfers, India managed to provide food or cash support to a remarkable 85% of rural households.” He urged other nations to adopt similar measures.
- Indian-origin Dr Vivek Murthy has been nominated by US President Joe Biden to serve as the country’s representative on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Executive Board. The White House said Dr Murthy will continue his duties as the US Surgeon General alongside his new position.
- The WHO on Wednesday warned against using four cough and cold syrups that are potentially linked to acute kidney injuries and 66 deaths among children in Gambia.
- The four contaminated syrups are produced by Maiden Pharmaceuticals Limited, in India, the WHO said. “WHO recommends all countries detect and remove these products from circulation,” the organization added.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been jointly awarded to Carolyn Bertozzi, Morton Meldal and Barry Sharpless for their work on snipping molecules together, known as click chemistry. “Click” chemistry is about linking together molecules like those in living cells.
- World Trade Organization forecast a slowdown in global trade growth next year as sharply higher energy and food prices and rising interest rates curb import demand. It also warned of a possible contraction if the war in Ukraine worsens.
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries OPEC and its Russia-led allies to cut oil production by 2 mln barrels per day.
- The cut could spur a recovery in oil prices that have dropped to about 90 dollars from 120 dollars three months ago on fears of a global economic recession, rising US interest rates and a stronger dollar.
- Tesla CEO and billionaire Elon Musk has again proposed to buy Twitter at the originally agreed-on price of 44 billion dollars. He made the surprising turnaround not on Twitter.
- The five day long # Durga Puja festival in Bangladesh came to an end with the immersion of the idol of Goddess Durga. Colourful processions were brought out in Dhaka and other cities of the country.
- At least four people were killed after a suicide bomber struck a mosque inside the Taliban-controlled Afghan Interior Ministry in Kabul on Wednesday. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- EU officials said that member nations have agreed to impose a price cap on Russian oil and other sanctions after Moscow annexed four Ukrainian regions. The deal includes curbs on exports of aircraft components to Russia and limits on steel imports. EU will also ban the transport of Russian oil by sea to other countries above the price cap.
- 36th National Games, Services continue to dominate medals tally with 89 medals including 40 golds, 25 silvers and 24 bronze, followed by Haryana with 66 medals including 25 gold, 22 silver and 19 bronze. Maharashtra is now in third place with 24 gold medals, 22 silver and 41 Bronze. Tamil Nadu is now in fourth place with 52 medals including 18 gold, 16 silver and 18 bronze.
- U-17 National Women’s team squad for the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2022 has been announced. The World cup is scheduled to begin next week. The team’s head coach Thomas Dennerby announced the 21-player squad in Bhubaneswar.
- PR Sreejesh and Savita Punia have been voted FIH Men’s and Women’s Goalkeeper of the Year for the second year in a row. Savita Punia, the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team, and veteran goalkeeper PR Sreejesh both received the FIH goalkeeper of the year title in the men’s and women’s categories on the strength of their performances beneath the bar.
- The ICC on Wednesday announced the Player of the Month nominees for the month of September. Pakistan’s Muhammad Rizwan, Australia’s Cameron Green and India’s Axar Patel have been nominated for ICC Men’s Player of the Month award,
while India’s Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana, and Bangladesh’s Nigar Sultana have been nominated in the women’s category
Frmn : 15 Nov 2000
Govrnr: Ramesh Bais
CM: Hemant Soren
Districts : 24
🥇Gold ₹ 51,870 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 67,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹99.84 ji/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94.65/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,110.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Belgaum* is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka located in its northern part along the Western Ghats
The city original name was Venugrama, a Sanskrit word which means “village of bamboo”. Alternatively, it is referred to as Venupura in early Indian texts, which means “city of bamboo”. … In 1474, the Bahmani Sultanate conquered Belgaum with an army led by Mahamood Gawan. They use to pronounce Venugram as Belgaum.
😀Thought of the day
River never flow reverse. So try to live like river. Forget past and focus on future.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : maine apki dukan se murgi dana kharida tha
Shop keeper : to kya usme koi kharabi nikli
Pappu :mahina ho gya muje khet me boye ab tak murgi nhi ugi
Pappu* : maine apki dukan se murgi dana kharida tha
Shop keeper : to kya usme koi kharabi nikli
Pappu :mahina ho gya muje khet me boye ab tak murgi nhi ugi
Why Norway is known as the land of the midnight sun.*
The Norwegians living in the northern parts of Norway experience the midnight sun during summer for almost two months annually. The northern parts of Norway lie at latitude over 66° north of the Arctic Circle.
During the summer months on the southern parts of the Antarctic Circle or all the regions on the northern side of the Arctic Circle. Typically, the sun reaches its peak in the summer months every year. During these specific months all the regions around the Northern side of the Arctic Circle including Norway experience 24hour of sunlight.
अवश्यकरणीय च मा त्वां कालोऽत्यागदयम।*
avaśyakaraṇīya ca mā tvāṃ kālo’tyāgadayama।
Do whatever you have to do, don’t waste time
जो कर्म अवश्य करना है, उसे कर डालो, समय बीत ना जाये।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Do Infrared Thermometers Work?*
Infrared thermometers measure temperature from a distance. Infrared thermometers work based on a phenomenon called black body radiation. Anything at a temperature above absolute zero has molecules inside of it moving around. The higher the temperature, the faster the molecules move. As they move, the molecules emit infrared radiation–a type of electromagnetic radiation below the visible spectrum of light. As they get hotter, they emit more infrared, and even start to emit visible light. That is why heated metal can glow red or even white. Infrared thermometers detect and measure this radiation. This heat is turned into electricity. The electricity is sent to a detector, which uses it to determine the temperature of whatever the thermometer is pointed at. The more electricity, the hotter the object is.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Uttar Pradesh* is the most populous state and Sikkim is the least populous state in India.
6 October – German-American Day
German-American Day is observed on 6 October every year. This day is celebrated as the German-American heritage.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vinod Khanna (6 October 1946 – 27 April 2017) was an Indian actor, film producer and politician.
He was the recipient of two Filmfare awards.
He was also an active politician and was the MP from the Gurdaspur constituency between 1998–2009 and 2014–2017.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Keep an ear to the ground*
Staying informed and updated about everything
Eg : Mr. Vijay had his ear to the ground when it came to news about the latest and best technology to buy a car.
Glory × Shame
Glory : Dignity
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Tukaram was a Marathi Bhakti poet and a devotee of Lord Krishna born in 1608* . His complete name was Tukaram Bolhoba Ambiye. His parents were devotees of Vithoba, an avatar of Hindu deity Vishnu (Vaishnavas). Both his parents died when Tukaram was a teenager. Sant Tukaram’s first wife was Rakhama Bai, and they had a son named Santu. However, both his son and wife starved to death in the famine of 1630–1632.
Tukaram married again, and his second wife was Avalai Jija Bai. He spent most of his later years in devotional worship, community kirtans (group prayers with singing) and composing Abhanga poetry.
Sant Tukaram composed Abhanga poetry, a Marathi genre of literature which is metrical (traditionally the ovi meter), Tukaram disappeared (not died) in 1649 or 1650.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
5 Reasons Water Should Be Your Go-To Morning Drink
- Increase our Energy Levels.
- Water increases our red blood cell counts, and also increases the oxygen we receive to the brain.
- Boost Your Metabolism.
- Help Ease Aches & Pains.
- Clearer Complexion & Radiant skin, Fight Toxins.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT WITH OUR FRNDS🌼