06 Nov (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Kartika 28, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Tithi: Trayodashi (up to 4:29 pm) Chaturdashi
RahuKaal: 04:19 PM – 05:42 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW https://youtu.be/U71Ra8N-p9k
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Assembly bypolls: Counting of votes for 7 seats in six states on Sunday. Results of the November 3 bypolls will be out were Gopalganj in Bihar, Andheri (East) of Maharashtra, Munugode of Telangana, Gola Gokarannath of Uttar Pradesh, and Dhamnagar of Odisha.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar addresses the valedictory function of 7th India Water Week at Greater Noida; He Emphasises the need for efficient and judicious utilisation of country’s natural resources.
- The Ministry of Education has set up a high-level panel to strengthen the assessment and accreditation of higher educational institutions, on November 4, 2022. The panel will be headed by Dr K Radhakrishnan, Chairperson, Board of Governors, IIT Kanpur
- Election Commission has announced the schedule for Assembly by-polls in Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh and Lok Sabha by-poll in Mainpuri Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism & DoNER, G. Kishan Reddy, inaugurates sixth edition of Ganga Utsav in New Delhi.
- India’s defunct Radar Imaging Satellite-2 (RISAT-2) re-entered the Earth’s atmosphere on October 30 in an uncontrolled manner and hit the Indian Ocean near Jakarta, said Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Pune To Bengaluru Expressway: NHAI Close To Finalising Plans For 700 km Greenfield Project That Will Reduce Travel Time Between 27 Cities To 6 Hours.
- Estimated to be developed at a cost of Rs 50,000 Crore under the Phase-2 of the Prime Minister’s flagship Bharatmala scheme, the propose expressway will originate at Kanjale on the under construction ring road in Pune and terminate at Muthugadahalli in Doddaballapur taluk of Karnataka connecting to Bengaluru via the Satellite Ring Road.
- GUJARAT , the process of filing the nominations for the first phase of assembly elections began on November 5. Voting will be held in 89 assembly seats of Saurashtra, Kutch, and south Gujarat in the first phase. Candidates can file their nomination forms for the first phase till 14 Nov.
- Former Gujarat minister and veteran Bharatiya Janata Party leader Jaynarayan Vyas on Saturday resigned from the ruling party citing personal reasons ahead of the assembly elections next month.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH, campaigning is inching towards the final phase for the assembly polls. The State is going to polls for the Assembly Election on the 12th of this month in a single phase. The counting of votes will take place on 8th of December.
- India’s first voter dies in HP after voting for 34th time: Three days after casting his vote for the 34th time, India’s first voter Shyam Saran Negi died on Saturday at his home in Kalpa in Himachal Pradesh. He was 106.
- Negi, who was the Election Commission’s brand ambassador, voted for the Himachal Pradesh assembly polls through postal ballot on November 2, the poll panel said.
- Congress Manifesto : Reviving the old pension scheme, 300 units of free power, a Rs 680-crore StartUp fund, one lakh jobs and Rs 1,500 per month for women between 18 to 60 years are among the promises the Congress made in its manifesto for the Himachal Pradesh polls.
- KARNATAKA : major boost to the city’s public transport, Karnataka’s Finance Department has given in-principle approval to the Rs 16,368 crore Namma Metro’s Phase III (A) project.
- KERALA : Grama Vandi receives accolades on national level: The KSRTC’s “Grama Vandi,” which was introduced in collaboration with State-level local self-government organisations, also took home the Award of Excellence in Urban Transport.
- UTTRAKHAND CM Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ fair at the survey of India Maidan, Hathbarkala in Dehradun. The initiative to empower women in the state. Govt has made preparations to make 1.25 lakh women from self-help groups ‘Lakhpati’ by 2025.
- The Centre has told the Delhi high court that the national anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’ and the national song ‘Vande Mataram’ “stand on the same level” and citizens should show equal respect to both.
- 5 lakh diyas lit in Varanasi’s Gadauli Dham to mark ‘Tulsi Vivah’ on 05 Nov. The ceremonial wedding of goddess Tulsi signifies the end of the monsoon season and the beginning of the wedding season in Santana Dharm.
- National Investigation Agency has filed a first-ever charge sheet against Dawood Ibrahim, Chota Shakeel, and three arrested members of D- Company on 5th November 2022.
- Two months after former Tata Sons chairman Cyrus Mistry died in a car accident, police in Maharashtra’s Palghar district on Saturday registered a case against Dr Anahita Pandole for alleged rash driving.
- Mistry (54) and his friend Jahangir Pandole died in a car crash on a bridge on the Surya river on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway in Palghar district adjoining Mumbai on September 4, 2022.
- Jailed conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar has made fresh accusations against Aam Aadmi Party leaders, alleging that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal asked him to collect Rs 500 crore for the party and Delhi minister Satyender Jain threatened him. The AAP has dismissed his charges.
- A two-storey illegal house of two habitual criminals in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain was bulldozed by the administration on Saturday. The accused, Roshan Pasi and Sonu Pasi, recently attacked city security committee convenor Ashok Verma.
💷 GBP ₹93.28
BSE Sensex : 60,950.36 +113.95 (0.19%) 🔼
NIFTY : 18,117.15 +64.45 (0.36%) 🔼
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman emphasises importance of mutual trust between govt and people for growth of country.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has reported its highest-ever quarterly profit of 13,265 crore rupees for the second quarter ended on the 30th of September.
- The Bank’s quarterly profit is 74% higher than the 7,627 crore rupees reported in the year-ago period.
- US Federal Reserve has hiked the interest rates by another 75 basis points, to a range of 3.75 % to 4%.
- India’s largest wind turbine by Adani: Adani New Industries Ltd. has constructed a wind turbine in Mundra in Gujarat as part of its growth plans for renewable energy. The wind turbine, which is 200 metres tall and can power over 4,000 households with 5.2 MW of electricity, can generate.
- “Niveshak Didi” programme launched: Niveshak Didi, in order to promote financial literacy “By the women, for the women,” India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) organised India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp in Srinagar, J&K.
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited has announced a partnership with IDFC First Bank to provide health-insurance solutions to the customers of the bank.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has announced Mr Subhrakant Panda as its President-Elect.
- The Chronicles of Narnia actor Georgie Henley diagnosed with necrotising fasciitis: ‘A rare, punishing infection’.
- Vijayakumar Menon dies at 76: Vijayakumar Menon, a 76-year-old art critic and fine arts scholar who passed away, was honoured by hundreds of art lovers in his city. He had been receiving therapy for kidney illness.
- Noted Malayalam fiction writer, Sethu (A. Sethumadhavan) has been selected for the Kerala government’s prestigious ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ this year in recognition of his overall contribution to the Malayalam language and literature.
- Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions, the makers of ‘Ponniyin Selvan’, have donated ₹1 crore to the Kalki Krishnamurthy Memorial Trust. A cheque was presented to the trust’s Managing Trustee Seetha Ravi in the presence of Kalki Rajendran, son of ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ author Kalki Krishnamurthy. The trust helps underprivileged students with their education by giving them scholarships.
- Maritime Partnership Exercise involving Royal Australian Navy (RAN) ships HMAS Adelaide and HMAS Anzac and Indian Navy Ships Jalashwa and Kavaratti along with their embarked helicopters was held in the Bay of Bengal on 02nd and 03rd November.
- The exercises included tactical manoeuvres, helicopter landings and amphibious operations, which signified the high degree of interoperability between IN and RAN.
- Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) is on an official visit to Japan from 5th to 9th November 2022. He will witness the International Fleet Review (IFR) conducted by the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) at Yokosuka on November 6 to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of its formation.
- First time CRPF names two female cadre officers as IG of RAF : After their entrance into the CRPF in 1987, two female officers have recently been appointed as Inspectors General (IG). The Rapid Action Force (RAF), a specialised anti-riot force, has appointed Annie Abraham as its IG. As the new Bihar sector IG, Seema Dhundia has been appointed.
- Indian Army collaborated with Tata Powers to install 16 EV charging stations, in accordance with its “Go Green Initiative.” In several areas of Delhi Cantonment, charging stations have been installed. Lt Gen Dhiraj Seth, General Officer Commanding Delhi Area, officially opened the installation of charging stations.
- Army officials stated that a portion of chosen units’ light vehicles—roughly 25%—buses—38%—and motorcycles—48%—were to be replaced with EVs with suitable charging infrastructure.
- An Unexploded mortar shell defused near LoC in J&K’s Poonch district by security forces. A live mortar shell was defused at a village in the forward area along the LoC in J&K’s Poonch district on Saturday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Amit Dasgupta was appointed as an Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) for his service to the Australia-India bilateral relationship.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has lauded India’s growth story. President Putin described Indians as very talented and purposeful who will help the country to achieve outstanding results in its development. He was speaking at a meeting on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Russian Historical Society on National Unity Day.
- An Indian military officer Siddharth Chatterjee who fought for the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka and battled insurgencies in Nagaland now leading the United Nations and its 26 agencies in China.
- Siddharth Chatterjee’s rise to becoming the U.N. Resident Coordinator for China — one of the agency’s key global positions given Beijing’s rising importance in the U.N. system.
- Carnatic vocalist, composer, collaborator, humanitarian and speaker, Aruna Sairam has been honoured with the French government’s highest honour, Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des award.
- The Ministry of External Affairs of India, as part of its ‘India for Humanity’ programme, will provide artificial limbs to 600 disabled people through NGO Jaipur Foot in Fiji. Fijian PM Frank Bainimarama inaugurated the Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp at a hospital in Suva.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Yohei Sasakawa on Saturday reviewed works undertaken in Jharkhand to eradicate leprosy
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Liberation War fighters, constitutional experts and representatives of the minority groups have demanded that the government of Bangladesh should go back to the constitution of 1972 which did not specify any state religion. Speaking at a seminar organised by the Bangladesh Hindu Bouddha Christian Oikya Parishad at the National Press Club in Dhaka on Saturday.
- Switzerland is now home to the world’s longest passenger train. The train has 100 coaches, measures 1910 metres and consists of 4,550 seats.
- The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, which is under Russian control, has been disconnected from Ukraine’s power grid.
- A special train for Pakistani Sikh pilgrims to attend Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary celebrations at Nankana Sahib in Punjab province derailed on Saturday. A Pakistan Railways spokesperson said nobody was injured in the incident.
- ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2022
England vs Sri Lanka, 39th Match, Super 12 Group 1
England won by 4 wkts
SL – 141/8 (20)
ENG – 144/6 (19.4)
Player of the Match
(a) Nov 06, Sun
South Africa vs Netherlands
40th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
05:30 IST / 00:00 GMT
(b) Nov 06, Sun
Pakistan vs Bangladesh
41st Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
09:30 IST / 04:00 GMT
- Indian pugilists Minakshi and Preeti stormed into semi-finals of the Asian Elite Boxing Championship in Amman, Jordan on 5th November 2022 .
Minakshi defeated Philippines’ Irish Magno 4-1 in the women’s 52kg quarterfinals bout . Preeti outclassed Turdibekova Sitora of Uzbekistan., 5-0 in 57 kg category.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament’ in Dhenkanal in Odisha.
- Asian Hockey Federation CEO Mohammad Tayyab Ikram was elected as the new president of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) on Saturday. Ikram will succeed India’s Narinder Batra as FIH’s full-time chief.
TAMIL NADU: Chennai
Frmn : 02 June 2014
Govrnr: R. N. Ravi
CM: M. K. Stalin (DMK)
Districts : 38
🥇Gold ₹ 52,675 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 66,300 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 96/Ltr
⛽ Auto Gas ₹ 62/Kg
LPG : ₹ 1,069/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
6th November 1913:
Mahatma Gandhi was arrested in South Africa for leading the miner’s march. By the year 1913, a tax was imposed on all formerly contracted laborers, by the name of the Indian Relief Bill. Mahatma Gandhi while triggering a passive resistance campaign against this, where he was supported by thousands of mineworkers. For leading the march on 6th November 1913 that included 127 women, 2037 men, and 57 children, Mahatma Gandhi was arrested in South Africa. After being released on bail,
Gandhiji, a leader of Indian Passive Resistance Movement, was arrested for leading Indian miners march in South Africa by British troops.
😀Thought of the day
Knowledge is the light which removes darkness of the mind
JOKE OF THE DAY
Examiner Pappu se: yeh kya hai? tumne khaali paper kyu diye ho?😳⁉️
Pappu : kyunki neatness ke liye 5 marks hai, isliye🙄🤪
There is a scientific reason behind diwali celebration.
Diwali use to be just after rainy season so this is the time for small insects, fungus, and flies to breed .There number is so much that they may cause serious diseases.
So homes need to be clean and dried before onset winter. By burning lights ,crackers will produce CO2 and other gasses causes heating of earth surface.
अतिरोषणश्चक्षुष्मानन्ध एव जनः।
atiroṣaṇaścakṣuṣmānandha eva janaḥ।
An exceedingly angry person is blind even when possessing eyes.
अत्यन्त क्रोधी व्यक्ति आँखें रखते हुए भी अन्धा होता है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Aluminum foil is produced*
By rolling aluminum slabs cast from molten aluminum in a rolling mill to the desired thickness… It is then coiled and sent to the cold rolling mill. To avoid breakage because of the thinness, the foil is doubled in the cold rolling mill and the rolled to the desired thickness.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
UNICEF – United Nations Children`s Fund,
Estb -11 Dec 1946,
Head Quarter -New York,
Member -192 countries
Secretary General :
Parent organization: United Nations General Assembly
Purpose : It is responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Major Hari Pal Singh Ahluwalia (born 6 November 1936) is an Indian mountaineer, author, social worker and retired Indian Army officer. During his career he has made contributions in the fields of adventure, sports, environment, disability and social work . He is the sixth Indian man and twenty first man in world that climbed Mount Everest.
During the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, he suffered a bullet injury to his spine which resulted in his confinement to a wheelchair. Presently, he is the Chairman of Indian Spinal Injuries Centre.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Kill the goose that lays the golden eggs*
To destroy something that gives you lot of money to get immediate returns
Eg : By selling off his business, Alex killed the goose that lays the golden egg Source
*Hazard× Conviction, security
Hazard : Peril, danger
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
BHAI DOOJ LEGENDS*
Bhai Dooj is celebrated on the fifth day of Diwali and marks its end. It is called Bhai Tikain in Nepal. In West Bengal, the festival is known as Bhai Phota
There are two popular legends about the Bhai Dooj celebrations:
Yamaraj and Yamuna
As the legend goes Yamraj, the god of death was the brother of the sacred river Yamuna. On being continuously invited, He visited his sister Yamuna on this particular day. Overjoyed on seeing his brother Yamuna put the auspicious Tilak on his forehead, garlanded her and prepared special dishes and sweets for him. While parting Yamraj gave her a special gift as a token of love and Yamuna too gave him a love gift that she made herself.
Lord Krishna visiting his sister Subhadra, who welcomes him and applies tilak on his forehead, after he slays the demon Narkasur.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health tip of the day*
Acidity can be treated by chewing mint leaves after meals.
Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼