06 Mar (Sunday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 18, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 04 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Ashwini
Titi: Chaturthi (up to 9:12 pm) Panchami
Rahu Kaal : 05:01 PM – 06:28 PM
WEEKEND NEWS HIGHLIGHTS : https://youtu.be/P2UHMHbY62s Download Monthly News Review with below link : Feb 2022
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- PM Modi chaired a high-level meeting on the Ukraine issue. PM has been continuously holding high-level meetings on the Ukraine issue since the beginning of the conflict.
- Science and Technology Ministry has said that students of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, ARIES and Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, IITR will soon be able to participate in joint PhD programmes. It said IIT Roorkee students can do projects on the ongoing activities at ARIES utilizing the various existing and upcoming facilities at ARIES.
- Coal Ministry will organize various special events and programmes throughout the country from 7th to 11th March this year as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ Iconic Week celebrations. The Iconic Week celebrations will be inaugurated by the Minister of State for Coal, Mines and Railways Raosaheb Patil Danve on 7th March in New Delhi.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : The depression in southwest Bay of Bengal, which might intensify into a deep depression in another 12 hours, might bring rain to Chittoor and Nellore.
- The Union Minister for Water Resources Gajendra Shekhawat has said the central government would bear the entire cost of the Polavaram Project. The central and state governments would complete the construction within a year.
- ASSAM , all preparations are afoot for smooth conduct of bye-election in Majuli Legislative assembly on 7th of this month. A total of 3 candidates are in fray for polls.
- DELHI : The Centre has cleared the appointment of Delhi High Court Chief Justice DN Patel as the next Chairperson of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT).
- J&K : Five killed, one injured as car falls into gorge in Samba.
- Srinagar’s Jamia Masjid opens for public after 30 weeks. Thousands of devotees turned up to offer Friday prayers . It opened for public after a gap of 30 weeks. The mosque had closed last April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thousands of people took part in a protest in Ladakh’s Kargil on (05 Mar) Saturday against the bombing of a Shia mosque in Pakistan. Raising slogans against Pakistan over its alleged failure in protecting the minorities, the protesters marched through the Shia-dominated main town and later staged a sit-in. Around 62 worshippers had died in the blast.
- KERALA Govt has announced school final examination schedule as Covid-19 transmission in the State shows a marked decline. SSLC public examination will commence on March 31 and end on April 29. Plus two exams will be held from March 30 to April 22 while Plus One and VHSE exams will take place from June 02 to 18.
- MADHYA PRADESH govt has decided to increase the dearness allowance for state government employees to 31%, CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on 05 Mar. The payment for the same will start from April 2022. He further announced that the state government will also give an additional ₹25,000 to girl students under the “Ladli Laxmi scheme” on taking admission in the college.
- MAHARASHTRA : PM Modi will visit Pune today (06 Mar) and inaugurate the Pune Metro Rail Project. He will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of various development projects. At around 11 AM, PM Modi will unveil the statue of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the premises of Pune Municipal Corporation. The Statue is made up of One thousand eight hundred 50 kg gun metal and is about 9.5 feet tall.
- TELANGANA : Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao, who has been camping in Delhi since February 28, flew to Ranchi and visited his Jharkhand counterpart Hemanth Soren on Friday. While speaking to the media along with Soren after their meeting, Rao said no ‘front’ of political parties had been formed so far.
- In a relief to government job aspirants, the Telangana government on Saturday issued orders extending age relaxation to Backward Classes as well as physically challenged candidates by 10 more years until 2031, against 2021 earlier. Thousands of job seekers had crossed the upper age limit as the government had not issued job notifications.
- The upper age limit for government recruitment is 34 years. Candidates from the BC and the physically challenged sections had five-year relaxation. The government issued orders in 2016 relaxing the limit by five more years. These orders were applicable until 2021 but no notifications were issued due to the creating of new districts and creating new zones.
💷 GBP 101.09
BSE Sensex 54,333.81
NIFTY : 16,245.35
The Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu on 05 March called upon the private sector to play a bigger and more pro-active role in providing a huge thrust to infrastructure growth and boosting the economy.
- Birthday wishes to
Janhvi Kapoor (born 7 March 1997)
Born to Sridevi and Boney Kapoor, she made her acting debut in 2018 with the romantic drama film Dhadak, which was a commercial success and earned her the Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut.
- Special screening of The Kashmir Files organised for politicians, Army* ; The makers of Vivek Agnihotri directorial ‘The Kashmir Files’ organised a special screening of the film for politicians, Army officials and Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu a week ahead of its release. The film is based on interviews of the first generation victims of the genocide of the Kashmiri Pandit community which led to their mass exodus from the state.
- Advanced BrahMos missile shows pin-point destruction of target : The Indian Navy on 05 Mar (Saturday) successfully test-fired an advanced version of the BrahMos cruise missile with long-range precision strike capability. “Pin-point destruction of target demonstrated combat and mission readiness of frontline platforms,” said the Indian Navy, sharing a video of the test. “Yet another shot in the arm for Aatmanirbhar Bharat,” said the Navy.
- The sea phase of the 11th edition of MILAN which witnessed participation of 26 ships, one submarine and 21 aircraft, culminated on 04 Mar 22. A series of complex and advanced exercises were undertaken in all three dimensions of Naval operations to enhance compatibility, interoperability, mutual understanding and maritime cooperation amongst the partner Navies.
- The Closing Ceremony of MILAN 22 was held in a unique format with Commanding Officers of participating ships arriving by helicopters and boats onboard INS Jalashwa at anchorage. Six foreign ships attended the Closing Ceremony in virtual mode.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Ministry has said that around 13 thousand 300 Indian nationals have returned to India so far from Ukraine’s neighbouring countries under Operation Ganga.
- Three C-17 aircrafts have landed at Hindon Airport yesterday carrying 629 students from Ukraine’s neighbouring countries Romania, Poland and Slovakia. Union Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt received the students at Hindon Airport who have been safely evacuated from Ukraine under Operation Ganga.
- National Medical Commission has said that foreign medical graduates’ application to complete the remaining part of internship in India is considered eligible. The circular has come amid the ongoing evacuation drive of Indian medical students from Ukraine.
- Commerce Secretary level meeting between India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi yesterday. The Indian delegation was led by Commerce Secretary B.V.R. Subrahmanyam and the Bangladesh delegation was led by Senior Secretary in Commerce Ministry of Bangladesh Tapan Kanti Ghosh.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia on 05 Mar (Saturday) declared a ceasefire in Ukraine for opening up humanitarian corridors for civilians to be evacuated from Mariupol and Volnovakha.
- An incredible video of a Russian Mi-24 helicopter being shot down by the Ukrainian forces using a surface-to-air missile was posted by the Ukraine government on Saturday in the latest sign of Moscow’s mounting losses in the war.
- International Organization for Migration says the number of people who have left Ukraine since fighting began has now reached 1.45 million.
- The U.N. migration agency, citing figures from government ministries in countries where they have arrived, said today that 787,300 of them went to Poland. Some 228,700 fled to Moldova, 144,700 to Hungary, 132,600 to Romania and 100,500 to Slovakia.
- US Vice President Kamala Harris will visit Poland and Romania from March 9 to 11 amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Harris’ “meetings will…focus on how the US can further support Ukraine’s neighbours as they welcome and care for refugees fleeing violence.
- The US Embassy in Ukraine said attacking a nuclear power plant is a war crime following Russia’s attack and seizure of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine. “It is a war crime to attack a nuclear power plant. Putin’s shelling of Europe’s largest nuclear plant takes his reign of terror one step further,” the embassy said.
- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Saturday to discuss the conflict in Ukraine.
- G7 foreign ministers condemn Russian attack on Ukrainian civilians.
- Britain on Saturday urged its citizens to leave Russia following its invasion of Ukraine
- The European Union on Saturday said it joined other members of the Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) in suspending Russia and Belarus from its activities.
- Italian authorities have seized luxury yachts and villas worth $156 million from sanctioned Russian billionaires since Friday. Italy has impounded yachts belonging to Russia’s richest man, Alexei Mordashov and Gennady Timchenko, a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Further, reports said villas owned by billionaire Alisher Usmanov and state TV host Vladimir Soloviev were also seized.
- The Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has once again retained Pakistan on the increased monitoring list, also known as the “grey list” and called the country to work on “complex money laundering investigations and prosecutions.”
ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
(a) Bangladesh Women vs South Africa Women,
South Africa Women won by 32 runs
RSAW – 207 (49.5)
BANW – 175 (49.3)
Player of the Match
(b) Australia Women vs England Women,
Australia Women won by 12 runs
AUSW – 310/3 (50)
ENGW – 298/8 (50)
Player of the Match
(c) Mar 06, Sun
Pakistan Women vs India Women
4th Match at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
- Russia on 05 Mar (Saturday) said it has arrested US’ two-time Olympic basketball champion Brittney Griner on narcotics charges. Russian Federal Customs Service said that an inspection of her hand luggage after she arrived on a flight from US in February “confirmed the presence of ‘vapes’ (and) a liquid with a specific smell”. USA Basketball said they’re closely monitoring the legal situation
Formation : 21 Jan 1972
Governor : Satya Pal Malik
CM :Conrad Sangma (NPP)
Districts : 11
🥇Gold ₹ 52,240@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 73,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.16
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.75
LPG : ₹967/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Shillong is a hill station in the northeastern part of India and the capital of Meghalaya, which means “The Abode of Clouds”. Shillong, formerly called Yeddo or Lewduh.
The state famous for heavy rainfall, caves, tallest waterfalls, beautiful landscapes
😀 Thought of the day
Bridge and wall are made with the same material. But Bridge joining the people and Wall devides the people. Choose the right one
JOKE OF THE DAY
एक बार पप्पू डॉक्टर के पास गया
डॉक्टर – कौन सा ग्रुप है आपका ..??????
पप्पू – जी नादां परिंदे …!!!!!
डॉक्टर – ब्लड ग्रुप पूछ रहा हूं
‘व्हाटसएप के कीड़े’ 😳🙄🤥
Why Does our Nose Run When we’re Sick?
The nose is a complex organ—it warms and modifies air as it comes into your body, and acts as a gatekeeper against the external environment,
As mucus goes into overdrive, your mucus lining swells and your nasal cavity fills with excess fluid. This can drip out of the nose itself—a medorrhea, which the rest of us call a runny nose.
A runny nose can be caused by anything that irritates or inflames the nasal tissues. Infections — such as the common cold and influenza — allergies and various irritants may all cause a runny nose.
दीर्घा वै जाग्रतो रात्रिः दीर्घ श्रान्तस्य योजनम् ।
दीर्घो बालानां संसारः सद्धर्मं अविजानताम् ॥
dīrghā vai jāgratō rātriḥ dīrgha śrāntasya yōjanam ।
dīrghō bālānāṃ saṃsāraḥ saddharmaṃ avijānatām ॥
भावार्थ : जो रात्री भर जगा हो, उसे रात्री बहुत बड़ी प्रतीत होती है। जो चलकर थक गया हो, उसको केवल एक योजन की दुरी भी बहुत दूर लगती है। उसी प्रकार जिन्हें सद्धर्म (उत्तम धर्म) का ज्ञान नही है, उन्हें जीवन बहुत दीर्घ लगता।
Meaning : Night appears very long to the one who is awake all through the night and the short distance of a yojana appears very long to the one who is tired. Similarly, life appears long to small minded people who do not know what true dharma is.
Window : वातायनम्,गवाक्षम्
वातायनात् बहि: किं पश्यसि?
What do you see out of window?
भेका , Bheka “frog”,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW FOOD/LIQUIDS ARE PRESERVED
The primary objective of food preservation is to prevent food spoilage until it can be consumed
Pasteurization is a process for preservation of liquid food. It was originally applied to combat the souring of young local wines. the process is mainly applied to dairy products. In this method, milk is heated at about 70 °C (158 °F) for 15–30 seconds to kill the bacteria present in it and cooling it quickly to 10 °C (50 °F) to prevent the remaining bacteria from growing. The milk is then stored in sterilized bottles or pouches in cold places. This method was invented by Louis Pasteur, a French chemist, in 1862.
High-pressure food preservation or pascalization refers to the use of a food preservation technique that makes use of high pressure. “Pressed inside a vessel exerting 70,000 pounds per square inch (480 MPa) or more, food can be processed so that it retains its fresh appearance, flavor, texture and nutrients while disabling harmful microorganisms and slowing spoilage.” By 2005, the process was being used for products ranging from orange juice to guacamole to deli meats and widely sold.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
LIBYA : Tripoli (Captl)
PM: Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh
Independence from Italy
10 February 1947
Currency : Libyan dinar (LYD)
1 LYD = ₹ 16.45
Brain, the first PC virus, began infecting 5.2″ floppy disks in 1986. As Securelist reports, it was the work of two brothers, Basit and Amjad Farooq Alvi, who ran a computer store in Pakistan.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Syed Ahmed (6 March 1945 – 27 September 2015) was an Indian politician, author and a member of the Congress Party. He was sworn in as the sixteenth Governor of Manipur on 16 May 2015, but only served four months before dying in office on 27 September.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He’s sitting on the fence
He can’t make up his mind
Scatter – Collect/Gather
Close – Shut
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
STORY OF ATMA LINGA
According to Shiva Purana: Ravana desired immortality and invincibility. For this purpose, he worshipped Lord Shiva with his whole heart to obtain atma linga (soul of Shiva) which is supposed to give its possessor immortality and invincibility. Pleased by Ravana’s devotion, Shiva appeared before him and asked him his wish. Knowing the consequences of this act, Vishnu changed the mind of Ravana and instead of asking for atma linga, he asked for Goddess Parvati and lord Shiva offered him that. On his way back to Lanka, Narada muni appeared before him and told him that lord has not given the real Parvati and the real Parvati is in Pathala. So, Ravana goes there and marries the girl according to the description of narada muni, assuming the girl to be real Parvati.
On reaching Lanka, when asked by his mother about atma linga, he understood the game played by Vishnu. Determined to obtain atma linga, he once again starts pleasing Lord Shiva. When the lord appeared before him, he asked for atma linga. Shiva gives him the atma linga on a condition that he should not keep the atma linga on ground before the destination as it will get rooted at the same spot and will never move. Once again, to fail the motives of Ravana, Vishnu created the illusion of dusk. As Ravana used to perform an evening ritual he got worried as how he will do it as he was having atma-linga in his hands.
Lord Ganesh, disguised as a brahmin boy, comes in front of him and Ravana requests him to hold the atma linga so that he can perform his rituals. Ganesh accepts the request but on a condition that he would call Ravana thrice and if he will not come back then he will place atma linga on ground. When, Ravana was gone to perform the rituals, Ganesh called out his name thrice rapidly at the specific moment when he could not leave the ceremony in between. So, according to the deal, Ganesh then place the atma linga on the ground and vanished from there with his cows. Ravana tried to chase them, but got hold of only one of the cow’s ear. The rest of the cow’s body disappeared and he was left only with ear in a petrified form. The name of that place hence came to be known as Gokarna (gow means cow in Sanskrit and karna means ear).
As specified by lord Shiva, the atma linga was now rooted in Gokarna and was immovable even though Ravana tried hard to lift it. He then gave the name Mahabaleshawar to the atma linga meaning “all powerful”.
The Mahabaleshwar temple is situated along in the west cost of India in north kannada district of north Karnataka, between Gangavalli and Aganashini rivers.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Home Remedies for Common Cold
Grind 4-6 seeds of black pepper. Add this powder together with a pinch of turmeric to a cup of milk and boil it for 2 minutes. Strain the milk through a tea strainer. Drinking this at bed time helps you sleep better by preventing a stuffy nose and nocturnal dry cough caused by a common cold.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼