Today’s top news:
- PM Modi greeted Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his 62nd birthday on Friday and lauded him for taking the state’s progress to “new heights”.
- The Assam Congress has come up with yet another big-ticket announcement ahead of the assembly elections – 50 per cent reservation in government jobs for women. The party has also said that if it wins the polls, it will form a job-creation department.
- The customs on Friday informed the Kerala high court that the gold and currency smuggling case accused Swapna Suresh had revealed the involvement of chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, speaker of the legislative assembly.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed for questioning on March 15 in connection with a money laundering case.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the answer keys for the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2021 (AISSEE 2021) on its official website. Candidates who appeared for the exam can visit the official website of AISSEE NTA — aissee.nta.nic.in — to check and download the answer keys. Direct link: aissee.nta.nic.in
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully conducted the successful flight test of the Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology on March 5, 2021. The flight test was conducted from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- The Supreme Court on Friday (March 5) sought the Centre’s response on a plea challenging the constitutional validity of the guidelines in the Blood Donor Selection and Blood Donor Referral, 2017, which prohibit transgender persons, gay men and female sex workers from donating blood, as they are considered a high-risk category as being HIV/AIDS infected.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) named 33 people, including actress Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik, in a chargesheet filed before a special court in Mumbai in a case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput last year. The chargesheet accuses Ms Chakraborty of being part of a “drug syndicate” and claims she was part of a conspiracy to procure and supply drugs.
- A three-day Combined Commanders’ Conference begins from Friday at Kevadia in Gujarat. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will address the top commanders of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi hold the virtual summit with his Swedish counterpart, Stefan Lofven on March 5, 2021. Both the Prime Ministers exchanged their views on the global and regional issues. They also be discussed the bilateral relations between both the countries.
- The first consignment of ‘red rice’ was flagged off on March 4, 2021 to the United States. This adds on to the India’s rice exports potential. The rice was sourced by leading rice exporter called ‘LT Foods’.
- The World food prices have increased for the ninth consecutive month in February 2021. This increase is the at its highest level since July 2014. The Food and Agriculture Organisation stated that the food prices have increased because of jumps in prices of sugar and vegetable oils. The food price index measures the monthly changes for a basket containing the cereals, dairy products, oilseeds, meat and sugar.
- India and 17 countries face U.S. Anti-Dumping Tax : The United States Department of Commerce is all set to tax aluminium sheet exporters from the 18 countries including India after the department determine that these countries had benefited from subsidies and dumping. When a country or company exports any product at a price which is lower in the foreign importing market as compared to the price in the domestic market of the exporters is called as Dumping.
- Sri Lanka Air Force got first hand feel of India’s indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas as Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy participate in their 70th anniversary in Colombo.
- India Calls For Probe Into Use Of Chemical Weapons In Syria: India at the UNSC urged the countries not to link humanitarian and development assistance with politics. India called for an objective investigation into the alleged use of chemical weapons and also urged the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to remain cognizant of the dangers of weapons of mass destruction falling into the hands of terrorist groups.
- The US has condemned terrorists who seek to infiltrate across the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan, calling on all the parties to reduce tensions along the frontiers by returning to the 2003 ceasefire commitments between the two countries.
- A new cultural centre of the High Commission of India was inaugurated by the External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar in Dhaka.
- The scientists have discovered a “space hurricane” for the first time. The hurricane swirled for eight hours over the North Pole in the upper atmosphere of Earth.
- The Government of Bangladesh has launched its national app portal bdapps.com . Launching the app portal as the national app portal, ICT minister Zunaid Ahmed Palak said that app developers from any organisation can use this platform to upload their apps.
- China has set an economic growth target of “above 6 per cent” for 2021, Premier Li Keqiang announced Friday at the National People’s Congress in Beijing.
- Pakistan Opposition to boycott Parliament session on PM Imran Khan’s vote of confidence . Pakistan Democratic Movement chief said no Oppon member will attend National Assembly session scheduled for Saturday.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
4th Test, Anthony De Mello Trophy, 2021, March 4, 2021
IND 294/7 (94)
India lead by 89 runs
ENG 205/10 (75.5)
- The Mission Olympic Cell has approved a three month training-cum competition trip in USA for swimmer Kushagra Rawat who is a part of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (Development group).
$USD 73.25💷GBP 101.26
🥇Gold ₹45,860@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.25
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.58
LPG : ₹ 835.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Chennai , Formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India’s fifth largest city. The present day city of Chennai started in 1644 as an English settlement known as Fort St. George. The region was then a part of the Vijayanagara Empire, then headquartered at Chandragiri in present-day Andhra Pradesh.
Chennai, after a village called Chennapattanam, in honour of Damerla Chennappa mudirasa Nayakar, father of Damerla Venkat mudirasa Nayakar, who controlled the entire coastal country from Pulicat in the north to the Portuguese settlement of Santhome.
Thought of the day
Bridge and wall are made with the same material. But Bridge joining the people and Wall devides the people. Choose the right one
Joke of the day
एक बार पप्पू डॉक्टर के पास गया
डॉक्टर – कौन सा ग्रुप है आपका ..??????
पप्पू – जी नादां परिंदे …!!!!!
डॉक्टर – ब्लड ग्रुप पूछ रहा हूं
‘व्हाटसएप के कीड़े’ 😳🙄🤥
Why Does our Nose Run When we’re Sick?
The nose is a complex organ—it warms and modifies air as it comes into your body, and acts as a gatekeeper against the external environment,
As mucus goes into overdrive, your mucus lining swells and your nasal cavity fills with excess fluid. This can drip out of the nose itself—a medorrhea, which the rest of us call a runny nose.
A runny nose can be caused by anything that irritates or inflames the nasal tissues. Infections — such as the common cold and influenza — allergies and various irritants may all cause a runny nose.
भेका , Bheka “frog”,
How it works ⁉
How food/liquids are preserved
The primary objective of food preservation is to prevent food spoilage until it can be consumed
Pasteurization is a process for preservation of liquid food. It was originally applied to combat the souring of young local wines. the process is mainly applied to dairy products. In this method, milk is heated at about 70 °C (158 °F) for 15–30 seconds to kill the bacteria present in it and cooling it quickly to 10 °C (50 °F) to prevent the remaining bacteria from growing. The milk is then stored in sterilized bottles or pouches in cold places. This method was invented by Louis Pasteur, a French chemist, in 1862.
High-pressure food preservation or pascalization refers to the use of a food preservation technique that makes use of high pressure. “Pressed inside a vessel exerting 70,000 pounds per square inch (480 MPa) or more, food can be processed so that it retains its fresh appearance, flavor, texture and nutrients while disabling harmful microorganisms and slowing spoilage.” By 2005, the process was being used for products ranging from orange juice to guacamole to deli meats and widely sold.
Brain, the first PC virus, began infecting 5.2″ floppy disks in 1986. As Securelist reports, it was the work of two brothers, Basit and Amjad Farooq Alvi, who ran a computer store in Pakistan.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Story of Atma Linga
According to Shiva Purana: Ravana desired immortality and invincibility. For this purpose, he worshipped Lord Shiva with his whole heart to obtain atma linga (soul of Shiva) which is supposed to give its possessor immortality and invincibility. Pleased by Ravana’s devotion, Shiva appeared before him and asked him his wish. Knowing the consequences of this act, Vishnu changed the mind of Ravana and instead of asking for atma linga, he asked for Goddess Parvati and lord Shiva offered him that. On his way back to Lanka, Narada muni appeared before him and told him that lord has not given the real Parvati and the real Parvati is in Pathala. So, Ravana goes there and marries the girl according to the description of narada muni, assuming the girl to be real Parvati.
On reaching Lanka, when asked by his mother about atma linga, he understood the game played by Vishnu. Determined to obtain atma linga, he once again starts pleasing Lord Shiva. When the lord appeared before him, he asked for atma linga. Shiva gives him the atma linga on a condition that he should not keep the atma linga on ground before the destination as it will get rooted at the same spot and will never move. Once again, to fail the motives of Ravana, Vishnu created the illusion of dusk. As Ravana used to perform an evening ritual he got worried as how he will do it as he was having atma-linga in his hands.
Lord Ganesh, disguised as a brahmin boy, comes in front of him and Ravana requests him to hold the atma linga so that he can perform his rituals. Ganesh accepts the request but on a condition that he would call Ravana thrice and if he will not come back then he will place atma linga on ground. When, Ravana was gone to perform the rituals, Ganesh called out his name thrice rapidly at the specific moment when he could not leave the ceremony in between. So, according to the deal, Ganesh then place the atma linga on the ground and vanished from there with his cows. Ravana tried to chase them, but got hold of only one of the cow’s ear. The rest of the cow’s body disappeared and he was left only with ear in a petrified form. The name of that place hence came to be known as Gokarna (gow means cow in Sanskrit and karna means ear).
As specified by lord Shiva, the atma linga was now rooted in Gokarna and was immovable even though Ravana tried hard to lift it. He then gave the name Mahabaleshawar to the atma linga meaning “all powerful”.
The Mahabaleshwar temple is situated along in the west cost of India in north kannada district of north Karnataka, between Gangavalli and Aganashini rivers.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties.
Consuming Ginger may reduce muscle pain and soreness
Ginger can help treat chronic indigestion
Ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain
It is used to help recovery from a cold or the flu.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼