𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
06 Jan (Thursday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 18, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 4 (Amanta)
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Chaturthi (up to 12:29 pm) Panchami
Rahu Kaal : 01:52 PM – 03:12 PM
GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/qIIxyWplCfA
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 148 crore 58 lakh. Union Health Ministry said, more than 82 lakh vaccine doses have been administered till 7 pm today. Over one crore youngsters between 15 to 18 age group have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in the country.
- Till now total 2135 Omicron cases have been detected in India.
- PM Modi’s scheduled rally in Punjab’s Ferozepur has been canceled due to breach in security. Taking cognisance of this serious security lapse, the Union Home Ministry has sought a detailed report from the Punjab government. The Ministry has also asked the state government to fix responsibility for this lapse and take strict action.
- It alleged that the Punjab govt failed to deploy additional security to secure any movement by road. PM Modi’s cavalcade was stuck on a flyover on Wednesday after the road was blocked by protesting farmers. As PM Modi’s car remained stuck on the flyover, SPG personnel sprung into action and surrounded his car to prevent any untoward incident. This is the single biggest lapse in security of any Indian Prime Minister in recent years. Only the Punjab Police knew the precise route of the Prime Minister. Top govt officials said.
- The Union Public Service Commission has decided to conduct the Civil Services (Main) Examination 2021 as per schedule. The exam is scheduled to be held from 7th to 16th of this month.
- UJALA completes 7 years; Over 36 crore 70 lakh LEDs distributed across the country so far. IMAGELaunched on 5th January, 2015, Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) programme has completed 7 years. The programme has evolved to be the world’s largest zero-subsidy domestic lighting programme that addresses concerns like high electrification cost and high emissions that result from inefficient lighting.
- Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, will lay the foundation stone of Lucknow Kanpur expressway today. This project worth Rs 4,200 crore will reduce travel time between the two cities to barely 40 minutes.
- ASSAM : Uddhab Bharali, an innovator and Padma Shri recipient from Assam has been booked by the North Lakhimpur Police for the alleged rape of a minor girl who was under his foster care. He has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Uddhab Bharali is an innovator from Assam with the patent of over 460 machineries. He is known for innovations like paddy thresher, cane stripping machine, pomegranate de-seeder and low cost incinerator.
- GUJARAT CM Bhupendra Patel has launched Student Start-ups and Innovation Policy (SSIP-2.0) for the next five years. He announced this while inaugurating the two day International Conference on Academic Institutions 2022 at Gujarat Science City in Ahmedabad.
- J&K: more than 30 flights operating from Srinagar International Airport were canceled on the second consecutive day due to poor visibility caused by incessant rain and snowfall.
- JHARKHAND : At least 16 people were killed while 26 others suffered injuries after a head-on collision between a bus and a truck transporting gas cylinders in Jharkhand’s Pakur district on Wednesday. The accident happened around 8.30am on Govindpur-Sahibganj state highway at Paderkola village.
- MAHARASHTRA : The Enforcement Directorate has opposed the bail plea of former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh in the money laundering case against him. He has been behind bars since November 2021.
- MANIPUR : The Election Commission holds a virtual meeting to review the poll preparedness for the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Manipur. The term of State Assembly in Manipur is to expire on 19th March 2022 and elections are scheduled for 60 Assembly Constituencies.
- NEW APPOINTMENT :
(a) ONGC Director (HR) Alka Mittal has been given the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of ONGC. This makes her the first woman to head the Energy major. She was given the additional charge after incumbent Subhash Kumar superannuated on 31st of December last year.
(b) Interim Jet Airways CEO, Captain Sudhir Gaur, has resigned from his position, according to industry sources. The reason behind his sudden departure from the airline company remains unknown.
💷 GBP 100.89
BSE Sensex 60,223.15
NIFTY : 17,925.25
- Number of subscribers of Atal Pension Yojana has reached 3.68 cr so far: The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015 with an objective of providing old age income security particularly to the citizens in the unorganised sectors.
- All Odisha Tax Advocates Association has issued a notice to CBDT for refusing to extend the due date of filing returns of the assessees of Odisha for the Assessment Year: 2021-2022 after 31/12/2021 and imposing late filing fee under section 234F of the Income Tax Act, 1961 in spite of many technical glitches in the new portal of the Income Tax Department.
- Neil Nongkynrih, a renowned concert pianist and the founder, mentor and conductor of Shillong Chamber Choir, passed away on 05 Jan evening in Mumbai. He was born on 9 July 1970 to former minister A H Scott Lyngdoh and Elvirial Nongkynrih. Neil Nongkynrih was bestowed with the Padma Shri in 2015 for his contribution to the field of arts through his music.
- Birthday of A.R. Rahman; Allahrakka Rahman (Dileep Kumar; born 6 January 1967), known professionally as A.R. Rahman is an Indian music director, singer, arranger and music producer. He has been awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award, in 2010 by the Govt of India.
- Amid the rising cases of Covid-19, the makers of Radhe Shyam confirmed that the release of the Prabhas and Pooja Hegde starrer will be postponed. It was earlier set to release on January 14 this year. However, they did not reveal the new release date.
- Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai today distributed Ayushman CAPF cards to the last ten personnel of each Central Armed Police Force in New Delhi. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana was launched in 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Thereafter, this scheme was inaugurated for all personnel of Central Para Military Forces and their families in January last year on the historic occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. Under this scheme, Ayushman CAPF cards have been distributed to 35 lakh CAPF personnel and their families in record time.
- IAF chopper crash: No technical snag or sabotage, bad weather identified as prime reason for the IAF chopper crash that took life of CDS Gen Bipin Rawat and 13 others on December 8 in Tamil Nadu’s Coonoor.
Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari and Air Marshal Manvendra Singh, who headed the tri-service investigation into the crash.
- Early December 2021, on the occasion of the visit of Russian President Putin to India and the inaugural India – Russia 2+2 dialogue, India and Russia signed a deal for manufacturing AK-203 Assault rifles in India. Under this deal, valued at over Rs 5000 Crores, the newly established “Indo-Russia Rifles Private Ltd”, a joint venture between the OFB- Rosoboronexport and Kalashnikov, will manufacture over 6 lakh AK- 203 Assault rifles over the next 10 years, with the transfer of technology to India. These rifles will be produced at a newly set up factory at Korwa, in Amethi District of UP.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
PM Modi holds telephonic conversation with Federal Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz. He expressed his appreciation for the immense contribution of former Chancellor Angela Merkel in strengthening the India-Germany Strategic Partnership and looked forward to continuing this positive momentum under the leadership of Mr Scholz.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- USA records more than 1 million new Covid cases as Omicron variant surge.
- The United States, Norway, Britain and the European Union have warned the Sudanese military against appointing their own prime minister, saying it would risk plunging the nation into conflict. The countries said they would not support a prime minister or government appointed without the involvement of a broad range of civilian stakeholders.
- SUDAN : The former Sudan ese prime minister, Abdalla Hamdok, resigned on Sunday amid a political deadlock and widespread protests resulting from October’s military coup.
- Nine dead, dozens missing in Tanzania boat accident. The boat was heading to Panza island from Pemba when the accident happened. The passengers had been due to attend a funeral at Panza. Only six have been rescued.
- IND vs SA: 2nd Cricket Test🏏: Chasing the victory target of 240 runs set by India, South Africa 118/2 in their second innings at the Stumps in Johannesburg on Day Three.
IND 202 & 266
RSA 229 & 118/2 (40)
South Africa need 122 runs
- Sports Authority of India has approved the extension of the National Camp till the end of March this year. The step has been taken to facilitate preparation of 117 track and field athletes and 45 coaching and support staff for the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games to be held in Birmingham and Hangzhou later this year.
- PRO KABADDI
January 05, 2022
Dabang Delhi K.C. 36
Telugu Titans 35
Puneri Paltan 33
Gujarat Giants 26
CHHATTISGARH : Raipur
CM : Bhupesh Baghel
Gvnr : Anusuiya Uikey
🥇Gold ₹48,640@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 101.11
⛽ Diesel ₹ 92.33
LPG : ₹971/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Cellular Jail, also known as Kala Pani ( black waters), was a colonial prison in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. The prison was used by the British especially to exile political prisoners to the remote archipelago. Many notable dissidents such as Batukeshwar Dutt, Yogendra Shukla and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, among others, were imprisoned here during the struggle for India’s independence. Today, the complex serves as a national memorial monument.
The jail was called Kaala Paani because all around the jail was sea and hence no prisoner could hope to escape and water looks like black in colour.
😀Thought of the day
The importance of good people in our life is just like the importance of heartbeats…
It’s not visible but silently supports our life..
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher :Oxygen is must for Breathing . It was discovered in 1773.
Pappu: Thank God I was born after that .Pehle Paida hota to mar hi jata
Why don’t our eyeballs get cold when it’s cold out?
Your eyes are actually very well-protected. Most of the eye is actually inside the skull. On top of that, your eyelids and eyelashes help to protect your eyes.
Blood vessels provide the eyes with a continuous supply of blood, which ensures constant warmth and prevents them from freezing.
Blinking keeps your eyes moist by pushing tears over them. What does salt have to do with eyes getting cold? Think about your roads in winter. What do you and your snow plow use to keep ice from forming? Salt! Salt lowers the freezing point of water, so it has to get colder for it to freeze.
सर्वं सम्भाव्यते त्वयि।
you can do anything
तुम में सब सम्भव है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Traditional bulletproof glass is made from alternating layers of glass (typically 3–10mm or ⅛–⅜in) and plastic, where the plastic is simply a thin film of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) (around 1–3mm or 30–90 mils thick).
Bullet resistant glass (commonly known as bulletproof glass) can be composed of several different materials, all offering a different level of protection. These levels of protection range from Level 1, which can sustain three 9mm bullets, all the way to Level 10 which can protect against a 50 BMG bullet.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Longest National Highway in India- NH -44
KASHMIR to KANYA KUMARI. 3,745 km
On 6 January every year, World Day of War Orphans is celebrated to create awareness about the plight of the war orphans and to address the traumatic conditions faced by them.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
JAI RAM THAKUR (born 6 January 1965) is an Indian politician, who is the 14th and the current Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
KAPIL DEV RAM LAL NIKHANJ ( born 6 January 1959) is a former Indian cricketer.
He was a fast bowler and a hard hitting middle order batsman.
Regarded as one of the greatest all-rounders to play the game, He is the only player in the history of cricket to have taken more than 400 wickets (434 wickets) and scored more than 5000 runs in Tests, making him one of the greatest all-rounders to have played the game. 2002.Dev captained the Indian cricket team that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Let the cat out of the bag Give away a secret
Sorrow – Joy
Tiny – Small
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Writer of Mahabharat?
A great sage Vyasa, the grandfather of the Pandavas and the Kauravas, wrote the Mahabharata. Mahabharat is one of the two important epics of India. The festival of Guru Purnima is dedicated to Veda Vyasa.
Vyasa was the son of Satyavati and Rishi Parashara. As per Hindu tradition, Veda Vyasa is considered as one of the seven immortals. Vyasa is also the writer of 18 major puranas.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
One of the most ingenious uses of neem plant has to be its use in oral care and hygiene. … You are supposed to chew the end of a neem stick upto one inch. Chew until the twig shreds into bristles. You can use this twig to rub along your teeth as you do with a conventional brush. it kills oral bacteria and keeps your teeth strong.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼