06 Aug (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Sravana 20, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 20, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Revati Ashwini
Tithi: Panchami (up to 7:10 am) Shashthi/Saptami
Rahu: 05:24 PM – 07:02 PM
Yamaganda : 12:32 PM – 02:10 PM
WEEKEND NEWS UPDATES: https://youtu.be/wLSVGGwSG9k
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India Metrological Department, IMD has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall over Uttarakhand, north Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sub-Himalaya West Bengal, and Sikkim during the next 4 to 5 days.
- It has also forecast an increase in rainfall activity over Northeast India during the next five days. Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Manipur.
- Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft was successfully injected into the lunar orbit on Saturday. Indian Space Research Organization said.
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated the “Festival of Libraries 2023” at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The two-day Festival, which is being organised by the Ministry of Culture, will highlight iconic libraries from across the world to initiate a conversation on the modernisation and digitisation.
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu is on a 4-day visit to Tamilnadu and Puducherry on 5th August 2023.
- President Smt Draupadi Murmu on Saturday visited Theppakadu Elephant Camp, a part of Mudumalai Tiger Reserve Forest in Nilgiris distric in Tamil Nadu.
- PM Modi will participate in the 9th National Handloom Day celebration on Monday at Bharat Mandapam, Pragati Maidan, Delhi.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya on Saturday said that India’s G20 Presidency has provided a distinctive platform to amplify the concerns of the Global South.
- On the occasion of the fourth anniversary of the revocation of Article 370 and 35-A in Jammu and Kashmir, Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday said that the Union Territory will play a crucial role in Amrit Kaal.
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah will launch the digital portal of the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies office in Pune, Maharashtra on Sunday.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has announced the extension of its Digital Health Incentives Scheme (DHIS) under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission till the 31st of December this year.
- The Election Department of the Union Territory of Ladakh has issued a significant notification on Saturday, officially announcing the dates for the much-anticipated 5th Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Kargil general elections 2023. The highly anticipated polling day is scheduled for September 09, 2023, with voting set to occur between 8 AM and 4 PM. The counting of votes is then planned for September 14.
- The process will commence with the initiation of nominations on August 16, 2023. Prospective candidates will have until August 23, 2023, to submit their nominations.
- The Manipur State Cabinet has recommended to the Governor of the State Anusuiya Uikey for summoning the 4th Session of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly on 21st of August.
- The Karnataka government on Saturday formally launched ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme, one of the five poll guarantees of the Congress party, which promises to provide up to 200 units of free power to households in the state.
- The High Court of Karnataka has ordered issue of notice to the State government on a PIL petition questioning constitutionality of the Karnataka Religious Structure (Protection) Act, 2021, which was enacted to protect religious structures, including those built illegally on public properties and existing as on the date of commencement of the new Act.
- Tremors were felt in parts of Delhi-NCR and Jammu and Kashmir after an earthquake of magnitude 5.8 hit the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan on Saturday night. This comes hours after an earthquake of magnitude 5.2 hit Jammu and Kashmir’s Gulmarg early yesterday morning.
- A Varanasi court granted the Archaeological Survey of India’s request seeking four additional weeks to complete Gyanvapi mosque’s scientific survey. The court ordered the ASI to submit a report of the survey by September 2.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- A severed head of an elephant with its tusks missing was found floating in a river in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district close to the Assam border.
- Uttarakhand, the search and rescue operation to trace the missing people in a landslide at Gaurikund in Rudraprayag district is underway for the second day on 5th August 2023.
- Biker Shreyas Hareesh, aged 13, died on Saturday after he received a grievous head injury in a crash in the Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2023 at the Madras International Circuit in Chennai. The event promoters cancelled the remaining races scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. He had won several races at the national level.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.68
💷 GBP ₹ 105.41
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,721.25 +480.57 (0.74%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,517.00 +135.35 (0.70%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The Government has said that a valid License for imports of laptops, tablets, and personal computers will be required from the 1st of November this year.
- The government has allocated 1,39,579 crore rupees to extend Bharat Net in 6.40 lakh villages across the country.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman laid the foundation stone for the world-class museum at Adichanallur, near Srivaikundam in Thoothukudi district.
- Centre assures domestic consumers of sufficient availability of sugar at reasonable price throughout the year.
- Adani Enterprises has sold its 100% stake in Natural Growers Private Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, to Samarpratap Agrotech. As per a regulatory filing, the deal was worth ₹8.25 crore. Adani Enterprises on Thursday stated that its consolidated net profit rose 44% year-over-year to ₹674 crore in the quarter ended June.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Actress Ileana D’Cruz on Saturday announced that she has been blessed with a baby boy. Taking to Instagram, the ‘Barfi’ actress posted a picture of her newborn named ‘Koa Pheonix Dolan’, born on August 1.
- ‘Ek Shaam Jawanon ke Naam’- a musical journey was organized by Akashvani at Attari Border in Punjab on Saturday evening with BSF Jawans and the youth.
- Actress Sushmita Sen in an interview shared that she will be seen playing a man for the first time in ‘Taali’, an upcoming series based on transgender activist Shreegauri Sawant. “To get the look was…different job,” she added. Sushmita further said she had to bandage her chest and put on a crotch guard to play the role of a man.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the opening ceremony of the 132nd Durand Cup yesterday at SAI Stadium in Kokrajhar district of Assam.
- The mega event has been organised by the Indian Army in association with Assam Government and Bodo Territorial Region. Armed Forces contingents displayed various performances including cultural programmes by local troupes during the inaugural event.
- A Joint team of security forces had launched the operation based on specific inputs regarding the presence of terrorists in higher reaches of Halan in Kulgam district, Kashmir Valley.
- (b) An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district on Saturday after which one terrorist was neutralised by the forces. The gunfight erupted in the Kotranka Budhal area of the district
- AS THEATRE COMMANDS TAKE SHAPE, LOK SABHA CLEARS INTER-SERVICES ORGANISATION BILL: Introducing the Inter-Services Organisation (Command, Control and Discipline) Bill, 2023, in the Lok Sabha, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh termed it as part of a series of military reforms being undertaken by the government with the aim of empowering the nation.
- The passing out parade of the first batch of 756 Agniveers from all arms and services, who have been recruited into the Indian Army as part of the Agnipath Scheme, was held at ASC Centre and College at the ASC Centre (South) Parade ground on Friday.
- INDIA SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDES TRIALS OF ANTI-TANK GUIDED MISSILES: India’s indigenous Nag Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) and the variant of HELINA (Helicopter-launched NAG) Weapon System called ‘Dhruvastra’ are set to be inducted into the Indian armed force.
- India-France has signed an agreement a high-power turboshaft engine for India’s IMRH program. The Horizon-2047 Roadmap is enhancing the future of Indo-French strategic partnership to chart out the next phase of the relationship.
- France’s SAFRAN and India’s DRDO will jointly produce engines for Rafale M-88 and SAFRAN and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Multi-role Helicopter (IMRH). The visit resulted in France proposing a 100 per cent transfer of technology to co-produce a 110 KN high-thrust fighter jet engine which will be manufactured by DRDO and SAFRAN, powering the AMCA MK-2 fifth-generation stealth jet.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Former President of Mongolia Enkhbayar Nambar called on Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas in New Delhi on Saturday.
- Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar addresses 1st India-Japan Skill Connect Conference: Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar has described the India-Japan partnership as pivotal for the future of Asia, Indo-Pacific region, and the world.
- PM Modi on Saturday had a telephonic conversation with Prime Minister of Nepal Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’.
- The two leaders discussed various aspects of India-Nepal bilateral cooperation during the talks.
- The Embassy of India in Kathmandu and the Government of Nepal signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) for undertaking four High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDPs) in Nepal to provide better education facilities, water supply and sanitation facilities for the local community.
- The National Security Advisor of India, Ajit Doval, arrived in Jeddah on 5th August 2023 to participate in a crucial meeting focused on finding a resolution to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has been found guilty in the Toshakhana corruption case.
- The Islamabad-based district and sessions court on Saturday sentenced him to three years in jail in the case in which the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chief has been accused of profiting from selling expensive state gifts when he was in power.
- In a significant political development, Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif announced the dissolution of the Pakistan National Assembly on August 9.
- At least 10 people were killed in floods in Baoding city in Hebei province due to torrential rains that have battered northern part of China.
- Eight people were killed on Friday when a freight train hit a pick-up truck trying to cross the tracks in central Thailand.
- Jailed Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was sentenced to an additional 19 years in prison after being found guilty on a series of new charges.
- Recently in Bangladesh, female footballers of Khulna were beaten for wearing shorts during practice. The incident happened on the 29th of July in Khulna Division when four girls – Sadia Nasrin, Mangali Bagchi.
- Ethiopia’s government announced a state of emergency on Friday. This follows days of clashes between the federal security forces and local ethnic militia in the northern Amhara region.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) under the Umbrella Campaign ‘Cheer4India’ has launched a short movie series ‘Halla Bol’ on the journey of Asian Games bound athletes to motivate them for Hangzhou Asian Games and spread awareness about the upcoming Asian Games. Indian contingent is gearing up for the 19th edition of the Asian Games.
- Aditi Swami created history on Saturday by becoming the first-ever Indian to clinch the individual World Title at the World Archery Championships final in Berlin.
- India will take on West Indies in the second T20 International of the five-match series at the Providence Stadium in Guyana on today (Sunday) . The match will start at 8 PM Indian time.
- India’s H.S. Prannoy has set up a final clash against Weng Hongyang of China in the Men’s Australia Open Badminton singles in Sydney on Saturday. In the semifinal, Prannoy defeated his compatriot Priyanshu Rajawat 21-18, 21-12 to reach the final
President: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Prime Minister: Moustafa Madbouly
Population: 11 Cr
Currency: Egyptian pound (LE/E£/£E) (EGP)
1 Egyptian Pound = 2.69 Indian Rupee
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 Facts about India 🇮🇳
During the Second World War (1939–1945), India was controlled by the United Kingdom, with the British holding territories in India including over six hundred autonomous Princely States. British India officially declared war on Nazi Germany in September 1939. The British Raj, as part of the Allied Nations, sent over two and a half million soldiers to fight under British command against the Axis powers. India also provided the base for American operations in support of China in the China Burma India Theater.
🙏🏻 THOUGHT OF THE DAY 💐
Bridge and wall are made with the same material. But Bridge joining the people and Wall devides the people. Choose the right one
JOKE OF THE DAY
एक बार पप्पू डॉक्टर के पास गया
डॉक्टर – कौन सा ग्रुप है आपका ..??????.🤔
पप्पू – जी नादां परिंदे …!!!!!
डॉक्टर – ब्लड ग्रुप पूछ रहा हूं
‘व्हाटसएप के कीड़े’ 😳🙄🤥
Why Does our Nose Run When we’re Sick?
The nose is a complex organ—it warms and modifies air as it comes into your body, and acts as a gatekeeper against the external environment,
As mucus goes into overdrive, your mucus lining swells and your nasal cavity fills with excess fluid. This can drip out of the nose itself—a medorrhea, which the rest of us call a runny nose.
A runny nose can be caused by anything that irritates or inflames the nasal tissues. Infections — such as the common cold and influenza — allergies and various irritants may all cause a runny nose.
भेका , Bheka “frog”,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How food/liquids are preserved
The primary objective of food preservation is to prevent food spoilage until it can be consumed
Pasteurization is a process for preservation of liquid food. It was originally applied to combat the souring of young local wines. the process is mainly applied to dairy products. In this method, milk is heated at about 70 °C (158 °F) for 15–30 seconds to kill the bacteria present in it and cooling it quickly to 10 °C (50 °F) to prevent the remaining bacteria from growing. The milk is then stored in sterilized bottles or pouches in cold places. This method was invented by Louis Pasteur, a French chemist, in 1862.
High-pressure food preservation or pascalization refers to the use of a food preservation technique that makes use of high pressure. “Pressed inside a vessel exerting 70,000 pounds per square inch (480 MPa) or more, food can be processed so that it retains its fresh appearance, flavor, texture and nutrients while disabling harmful microorganisms and slowing spoilage.” By 2005, the process was being used for products ranging from orange juice to guacamole to deli meats and widely sold.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
06 Aug: Hiroshima Day is observed on 6 August every year. This is the day when the atomic bomb was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
The United States detonated two nuclear weapons over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6 and 9, 1945, respectively, with the consent of the United Kingdom, as required by the Quebec Agreement. The two bombings killed between 129,000 and 226,000 people, most of whom were civilians.
On 6 August 1945, at 08:15, the first bomb was dropped on the centre of Hiroshima. ‘Little Boy’ was a gun-type fission bomb, The bomb had an explosive yield of around 13 kilotons. At the moment of detonation, a fireball was generated that raised temperatures to 4,000 degrees Celsius,
BORN TODAY 💐
Urmila Singh (6 August 1946 – 29 May 2018) was the former Governor of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
She was appointed governor on 25 January 2010.
Can’t cut the mustard
– Someone who isn’t adequate enough to compete or participate.
COMPASSION x Cruelty, Barbarity
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
STORY OF ATMA LINGA
According to Shiva Purana : Ravana desired immortality and invincibility. For this purpose, he worshipped Lord Shiva with his whole heart to obtain atma linga (soul of Shiva) which is supposed to give its possessor immortality and invincibility. Pleased by Ravana’s devotion, Shiva appeared before him and asked him his wish. Knowing the consequences of this act, Vishnu changed the mind of Ravana and instead of asking for atma linga, he asked for Goddess Parvati and lord Shiva offered him that. On his way back to Lanka, Narada muni appeared before him and told him that lord has not given the real Parvati and the real Parvati is in Pathala. So, Ravana goes there and marries the girl according to the description of narada muni, assuming the girl to be real Parvati.
On reaching Lanka, when asked by his mother about atma linga, he understood the game played by Vishnu. Determined to obtain atma linga, he once again starts pleasing Lord Shiva. When the lord appeared before him, he asked for atma linga. Shiva gives him the atma linga on a condition that he should not keep the atma linga on ground before the destination as it will get rooted at the same spot and will never move. Once again, to fail the motives of Ravana, Vishnu created the illusion of dusk. As Ravana used to perform an evening ritual he got worried as how he will do it as he was having atma-linga in his hands.
Lord Ganesh, disguised as a brahmin boy, comes in front of him and Ravana requests him to hold the atma linga so that he can perform his rituals. Ganesh accepts the request but on a condition that he would call Ravana thrice and if he will not come back then he will place atma linga on ground. When, Ravana was gone to perform the rituals, Ganesh called out his name thrice rapidly at the specific moment when he could not leave the ceremony in between. So, according to the deal, Ganesh then place the atma linga on the ground and vanished from there with his cows. Ravana tried to chase them, but got hold of only one of the cow’s ear. The rest of the cow’s body disappeared and he was left only with ear in a petrified form. The name of that place hence came to be known as Gokarna (gow means cow in Sanskrit and karna means ear).
As specified by lord Shiva, the atma linga was now rooted in Gokarna and was immovable even though Ravana tried hard to lift it. He then gave the name Mahabaleshawar to the atma linga meaning “all powerful”.
The Mahabaleshwar temple is situated along in the west cost of India in north kannada district of north Karnataka, between Gangavalli and Aganashini rivers.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
It is Useful to minimise Kidney stones & Gouty Arthritis: Tulsi detoxifies the body and has diuretic properties. It decreases the level of uric acid in the body, which is the main reason why kidney stones are formed. Reduction in uric acid levels also provides relief to patients suffering from Gout.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ..
*🙏PLZ SHARE IT