06 Aug (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Sravan 24, (Purnimata)/ Sravana 09(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Vishaka (up to 5:51 pm) Anuradha
Titi: Navami/ Dashami
RahuKaal: 09:17 AM – 10:55 AM
VEDIK GYAN : https://youtu.be/VOJCXNFmCvg
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 205 crore landmark
- The polling to elect the new Vice President will be held today (06Aug). The polling will take place at the Parliament House between 10 a. m. and 5 p. m. Mr Jagdeep Dhankar is the NDA candidate, while Ms Margaret Alva is the Opposition candidate for the Vice Presidential Election.
- The Centre extended the services of Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba for a period of one year beyond the 30th of this month.
- PM Modi to chair seventh Governing Council meeting of NITI Aayog on August 7.
- Rajya Sabha resumes discussion over Right to Health Bill 2021. It aims to provide for health as a fundamental right to all citizens and to ensure equitable access and maintenance of a standard of physical and mental health.
- The Indian Space Research Organization will send a small satellite launch vehicle on Sunday from Sriharikota.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited nominations for the national awards for senior citizens- ‘Vayoshreshtha Samman 2022’.
- The awards are to be conferred in thirteen categories to eminent citizens and institutions involved in rendering services for the cause of elderly persons.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy will start the fourth Jagananna Vidya Deevena for the students of AP State on August 11 at Bapatla.
- GUJARAT CM Bhupendra Patel launches 100% state funded scheme for promoting the use of drones in agricultural sector.
- J&K: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Friday said that August 5 will be celebrated as ‘Bhrashtachar Mukti Diwas’ (corruption-free day). August 5 is the anniversary of the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Sinha made the announcement while launching initiatives for the tribal community.
- JHARKHAND : A clash broke out between Congress workers and police personnel in Ranchi as several party workers forced their way to Raj Bhawan during their protest march against inflation on Friday.
- PUNJAB : Sikh, Muslim and Dalit groups will jointly hold a conference on the eve of Independence Day and take out a march in Jalandhar to protest against the “pseudo-nationalism being imposed on Punjab by the Central Government”. The activists announced to devise a common strategy to challenge the onslaughts of the “Hindutva government at the Centre” against the minorities.
- Punjab Governor Banwarilal Purohit tests positive for COVID-19.
- TELANGANA : Union home minister Amit Shah will visit Telangana on August 21 and address a BJP public meeting where Komatireddy Rajgopal Reddy, who resigned from the Congress and is set to quit his Munugode MLA seat, will join the BJP.
- Congress spokesperson Dr Dasoju Sravan Kumar on Friday resigned from the party primary membership in protest against what he described as the autocratic functioning of state party unit president A. Revanth Reddy.
- UTTAR PRADESH : CM Yogi Adityanath criticised Congress for protesting against the govt in black clothes on Ayodhya Diwas and said, “It’s an insult to…the Ram Bhakts. They chose this day [Ayodhya Diwas] which marks the beginning of the construction of Ram Janambhoomi.”
- WEST BENGAL : Trinamool Congress (TMC) acting as agent of BJP`: Congress hits out at WB CM Mamata Banerjee over her meet with PM Narendra Modi.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, Shweta Singh was appointed as a director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- BIHAR : 11 people died in hooch tragedy in different localities under Maker police station area of Saran district of the State.
- 30 others fell ill and 17 people lost their eyesight. Saran SP Santosh Kumar said some people had consumed spurious liquor during religious function and fell ill.
- WEST BENGAL : Arpita Mukherjee’s advocate pleaded before a court that the aide of ex-Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee should get Division 1 prisoner category as she faces a life threat. Agreeing with this, Enforcement Directorate’s advocate said Mukherjee shouldn’t be kept with more than four prisoners. The advocate said that food and water should be tested before being served to her in jail.
💷 GBP ₹95.87
BSE Sensex 58,387.93 +89.13 (0.15%) 🔺
NIFTY : 17,397.50 +15.50 (0.089%) 🔺
- Reacting to the monetary policy review announced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), State Bank of India Chairman Mr. Dinesh Khara said that the RBI Policy Statement has reaffirmed the commitment to bring inflation down further and ensure financial stability in markets.
- Govt sets target to increase country’s Health budget to 2.5 per cent of GDP, says Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya.
- The Reserve bank of India – RBI today proposed to enable BBPS to accept cross-border inward payments.
- Non-Resident Indians will soon be able to make utility, education and other bill payments for their families in India by using the Bharat Bill Payment System – BBPS.
- 824 Lakh Metric Tonnes of free foodgrains distributed under PMGKAY (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana) with a total subsidy outlay of around two lakh 79 thousand crore rupees as on the 31st of July.
- Home Minister Amit Shah launched Doordarshan’s mega historical Hindi serial – ‘Swaraj – Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha’ in New Delhi. The 75-episode series will present glorious history of India’s freedom struggle and lesser known tales about Indian history.
- Actor Sonu Sood has said that South filmmakers have always focused on bringing the audience to the theatres with their extravagant films. When asked if Bollywood needs to pull up their socks, he said, “They need to, I mean everyone needs to…as I think, when you have competition…that’s the time you will excel.”
- The US, Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines are among six countries, which have shown interest in India’s TEJAS aircraft while Malaysia has already shortlisted the jet under its acquisition program, the government said on Friday.
- The other two countries that have evinced interest in the aircraft are Argentina and Egypt, according to Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt.
- To ensure operational readiness of hi-tech satellite systems and personnel manning, the Indian Army conducted a satellite communication exercise SKYLIGHT in the last week of July 2022.
- the Indian Army-owned Satellite GSAT-7B has been accorded approval by the Defence Acquisition Council in March this year. This satellite has been designed as the first of its kind indigenous multiband satellite with advanced security features. It will support tactical communication requirements for not only troops deployed on the ground, but also for remotely piloted aircraft, air defence weapons and other mission-critical and fire support platforms.
- Indian Army alongwith local authorities organised the first ever Machhal Women’s Cricket League. The girls from Machhal, Pushwari and Dudi villages of North Kashmir participated with great zeal and enthusiasm
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi held a telephonic conversation with Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on 05 Aug and congratulated him for his victory in the presidential election & assures India’s full support to Philippines’ development.
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs V Muraleedharan on Friday rejected any claims that India is in talks with a bilateral trade agreement with Afghanistan for the import of Lithium.
- Amid growing number of international reactions to developments in the Taiwan straits and tensions between the U.S. and China, New Delhi chose to maintain a “studied silence” on the unfolding situation, omitting any mention of it even in talks held by External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on the sidelines of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Phnom Penh.
- India on Friday criticised the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) over its remarks on the three-year anniversary of the revocation of Article 370 on Friday. OIC’s statement “reeks of bigotry”, External Affairs Ministry said, adding that it exposes it “as an organisation devoted to a communal agenda being pursued through terrorism”. OIC had sought restoration of J&K’s special status.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lanka’s main Opposition party Samagi Jana Balawegaya on Friday said talks on forming an all-party government were moving positively, with all lawmakers uniting to bring the country out of its economic crisis. President Ranil Wickremesinghe had earlier called for forming an all-party government.
- A high-voltage power line at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station, captured by Russian forces, was hit by shelling on Friday, Ukraine confirmed. Ukrainian authorities said that the plant still worked after the strike and no radioactive leak was detected. So far.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in a joint statement criticised Myanmar for lack of progress in ending violence in the country. The Myanmar military seized power from elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi in February 2021 and is accused of thousands of extrajudicial killings.
- Nepali Foreign Minister Narayan Khadka will be on a three-day visit to China starting August 9 to strengthen bilateral ties.
- UK’s ex-Finance Minister Rishi Sunak won a TV debate against Foreign Secretary Liz Truss in the leadership contest to elect the new Conservative Party leader and the British PM. The winner of the debate was decided by an audience made up of Conservative Party members.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin hosted his Turkish counterpart Recep Erdogan in Sochi on Friday. The war in Ukraine and the situation in Syria were said to be on the agenda. This is the second meeting between the leaders since Turkey supported an agreement between Russia and Ukraine last month to provide a safe sea route to ship trapped grain stocks.
- 1 dead, 14 injured after grenade attack in Balochistan’s Quetta.
Indian medal winners at Commonwealth Games 2022
Ser. No×× Athlete/Team×× Medal×× Event Sport
1 Sanket Sargar Silver Men’s 55kg Weightlifting
2 Gururaja Poojary Bronze Men’s 61kg Weightlifting
3 Mirabai Chanbu Gold Women’s 49kg Weightlifting
4 Bindyarani Devi Silver Women’s 55kg Weightlifting
5 Jeremy Lalrinnunga Gold Men’s 67kg Weightlifting
6 Achinta Sheuli Gold Men’s 73kg Weightlifting
7 Sushila Devi Likmabam Silver Women’s 48kg Judo
8 Vijay Kumar Yadav Bronze Men’s 60kg Judo
9 Harjinder Kaur Bronze Women’s 71kg Weightlifting
10 Indian women’s team Gold Women’s fours Lawn bowls
11 Vikas Thakur Silver Men’s 96kg Weightlifting
12 Indian men’s team Gold Men’s team Table Tennis
13 Indian mixed team Silver Mixed team Badminton
14 Lovepreet Singh Bronze Men’s 109kg Weightlifting
15 Saurav Ghosal Bronze Men’s singles Squash
16 Tulika Maan Silver Women’s +78kg Judo
17 Gurdeep Singh Bronze Men’s +109kg Weightlifting
18 Tejaswin Shankar Bronze Men’s high jump Athletics
19 Murali Sreeshankar Silver Men’s long jump Athletics
20 Sudhir Gold Men’s heavyweight Para Powerlifting
21 Anshu Malik Silver Women’s 57kg freestyle Wrestling
22 Bajrang Punia Gold Men’s 65kg freestyle Wrestling
23 Sakshi Malik Gold Women’s 62kg freestyle Wrestling
24 Deepak Punia Gold Men’s 86kg freestyle Wrestling
25 Divya Kakran Bronze Women’s 68kg freestyle Wrestling
26 Mohit Grewal Bronze Men’s 125kg freestyle Wrestling
CWG 2022 medal table
Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 Australia 50 44 46 140
2 England 47 46 38 131
3 Canada 19 24 24 67
4 New Zealand 17 11 13 41
5 India 9 8 9 26
- India lifted the SAFF U-20 football championship trophy by defeating Bangladesh 5-2 goals in the final at Kalinga stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha .
- Bangladeshi ODI skipper Tamim Iqbal became the first batter in the country to score 8000 runs in the ODI during the first ODI being played against Zimbabwe in Harare. Before the start of this match, Tamim had scored a total of 7943 runs.
NAGALAND : KOHIMA
Formed: 1 Dec 1963
Districts : 16
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
CM : Neiphiu Rio (NDPP)
🥇Gold ₹51,770 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹63,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹98.28/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹86.65/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 Facts about India 🇮🇳
During the Second World War (1939–1945), India was controlled by the United Kingdom, with the British holding territories in India including over six hundred autonomous Princely States. British India officially declared war on Nazi Germany in September 1939. The British Raj, as part of the Allied Nations, sent over two and a half million soldiers to fight under British command against the Axis powers. India also provided the base for American operations in support of China in the China Burma India Theater.
🙏🏻 THOUGHT OF THE DAY 💐
Bridge and wall are made with the same material. But Bridge joining the people and Wall devides the people. Choose the right one
JOKE OF THE DAY
एक बार पप्पू डॉक्टर के पास गया
डॉक्टर – कौन सा ग्रुप है आपका ..??????
पप्पू – जी नादां परिंदे …!!!!!
डॉक्टर – ब्लड ग्रुप पूछ रहा हूं
‘व्हाटसएप के कीड़े’ 😳🙄🤥
Why Does our Nose Run When we’re Sick?
The nose is a complex organ—it warms and modifies air as it comes into your body, and acts as a gatekeeper against the external environment,
As mucus goes into overdrive, your mucus lining swells and your nasal cavity fills with excess fluid. This can drip out of the nose itself—a medorrhea, which the rest of us call a runny nose.
A runny nose can be caused by anything that irritates or inflames the nasal tissues. Infections — such as the common cold and influenza — allergies and various irritants may all cause a runny nose.
भेका , Bheka “frog”,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How food/liquids are preserved
The primary objective of food preservation is to prevent food spoilage until it can be consumed
Pasteurization is a process for preservation of liquid food. It was originally applied to combat the souring of young local wines. the process is mainly applied to dairy products. In this method, milk is heated at about 70 °C (158 °F) for 15–30 seconds to kill the bacteria present in it and cooling it quickly to 10 °C (50 °F) to prevent the remaining bacteria from growing. The milk is then stored in sterilized bottles or pouches in cold places. This method was invented by Louis Pasteur, a French chemist, in 1862.
High-pressure food preservation or pascalization refers to the use of a food preservation technique that makes use of high pressure. “Pressed inside a vessel exerting 70,000 pounds per square inch (480 MPa) or more, food can be processed so that it retains its fresh appearance, flavor, texture and nutrients while disabling harmful microorganisms and slowing spoilage.” By 2005, the process was being used for products ranging from orange juice to guacamole to deli meats and widely sold.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
06 Aug :
Hiroshima Day is observed on 6 August every year. This is the day when the atomic bomb was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
The United States detonated two nuclear weapons over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6 and 9, 1945, respectively, with the consent of the United Kingdom, as required by the Quebec Agreement. The two bombings killed between 129,000 and 226,000 people, most of whom were civilians.
On 6 August 1945, at 08:15, the first bomb was dropped on the centre of Hiroshima. ‘Little Boy’ was a gun-type fission bomb, The bomb had an explosive yield of around 13 kilotons. At the moment of detonation, a fireball was generated that raised temperatures to 4,000 degrees Celsius,
BORN TODAY 💐
Urmila Singh (6 August 1946 – 29 May 2018) was the former Governor of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
She was appointed governor on 25 January 2010.
Can’t cut the mustard
– Someone who isn’t adequate enough to compete or participate
COMPASSION x Cruelty, Barbarity
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
STORY OF ATMA LINGA
According to Shiva Purana : Ravana desired immortality and invincibility. For this purpose, he worshipped Lord Shiva with his whole heart to obtain atma linga (soul of Shiva) which is supposed to give its possessor immortality and invincibility. Pleased by Ravana’s devotion, Shiva appeared before him and asked him his wish. Knowing the consequences of this act, Vishnu changed the mind of Ravana and instead of asking for atma linga, he asked for Goddess Parvati and lord Shiva offered him that. On his way back to Lanka, Narada muni appeared before him and told him that lord has not given the real Parvati and the real Parvati is in Pathala. So, Ravana goes there and marries the girl according to the description of narada muni, assuming the girl to be real Parvati.
On reaching Lanka, when asked by his mother about atma linga, he understood the game played by Vishnu. Determined to obtain atma linga, he once again starts pleasing Lord Shiva. When the lord appeared before him, he asked for atma linga. Shiva gives him the atma linga on a condition that he should not keep the atma linga on ground before the destination as it will get rooted at the same spot and will never move. Once again, to fail the motives of Ravana, Vishnu created the illusion of dusk. As Ravana used to perform an evening ritual he got worried as how he will do it as he was having atma-linga in his hands.
Lord Ganesh, disguised as a brahmin boy, comes in front of him and Ravana requests him to hold the atma linga so that he can perform his rituals. Ganesh accepts the request but on a condition that he would call Ravana thrice and if he will not come back then he will place atma linga on ground. When, Ravana was gone to perform the rituals, Ganesh called out his name thrice rapidly at the specific moment when he could not leave the ceremony in between. So, according to the deal, Ganesh then place the atma linga on the ground and vanished from there with his cows. Ravana tried to chase them, but got hold of only one of the cow’s ear. The rest of the cow’s body disappeared and he was left only with ear in a petrified form. The name of that place hence came to be known as Gokarna (gow means cow in Sanskrit and karna means ear).
As specified by lord Shiva, the atma linga was now rooted in Gokarna and was immovable even though Ravana tried hard to lift it. He then gave the name Mahabaleshawar to the atma linga meaning “all powerful”.
The Mahabaleshwar temple is situated along in the west cost of India in north kannada district of north Karnataka, between Gangavalli and Aganashini rivers.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
It is Useful to minimise Kidney stones & Gouty Arthritis: Tulsi detoxifies the body and has diuretic properties. It decreases the level of uric acid in the body, which is the main reason why kidney stones are formed. Reduction in uric acid levels also provides relief to patients suffering from Gout.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ...✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT NORMS MAIN T SOCIAL DISTANCE KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼