05 Nov (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Kartika 27, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra:Purva Bhadrapada/ Uttara Bhadrapada
Tithi: Ekadashi (up to 6:08 pm)/ Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 10:47 AM – 12:10 PM
VEDIK GYAN What to do Before going to Sleep :https://youtu.be/RlZDcdSVGAM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu virtually inaugurated and laid the foundation of various central and state govt projects at Manan Kendra, Gangtok, Sikkim (04 Nov)
- PM Modi launches new Complaint Management System portal of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar chaired the first National Natural Farming Mission committee meeting at Krishi Bhawan
- Ministry of Education releases Performance Grading Index for States/UTs for 2020-21; Kerala, Punjab, Chandigarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Andhra Pradesh attain Level -2 grading.
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH : Jambey Tashi, MLA from Lumla assembly seat in Arunachal Pradesh, passed away due to following illness. He was 48. Tashi was the sitting MLA from the Lumla Assembly constituency of Tawang district. He was holding the post of Advisor to the Planning and Investment Minister of the state. He died in a hospital in Guwahati.
- DELHI : Ganga Utsav 2022– The River Festival celebrated on 4th Nov.
Ministry of Jal Shakti is organizing Ganga Utsav. at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi.
- GUJARAT : Adani New Industries Ltd. has constructed a wind turbine in Mundra in Gujarat as part of its growth plans for renewable energy that is taller than the Statue of Unity and has blades that are broader than the wingspan of a jumbo jet.
- GUJARAT: Assembly elections to be held in two phases on Dec 1, 5; result on Dec 8
- KARNATAKA : PM Modi has addressed the inaugural function (02 Nov to 04 Nov) of Invest Karnataka, the Global Investors Meet via video conferencing. The meet is aimed at attracting prospective investors and setting up development agenda for the next decade.
- Karnataka makes 10 min daily meditation compulsory in schools, pre university colleges
- Online pass permit to be mandatory for cattle transport in Karnataka. The new cattle pass permit system will include transport certificate, ownership document and veterinary first-aid equipment.
- MADHYA PRADESH: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launches Ladli Laxmi 2.0 financial assistance scheme for girls.
- MAHARASHTRA : The Union Ministry of Electronics and IT recently approved the greenfield Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) at Pune.
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) is a manufacturing cluster designed and developed to provide the necessary facilities and amenities for manufacturing electronic products like mobile phones, cables, The greenfield EMC project in Maharashtra is to be established at a cost of Rs.492.85 crore in Ranjangaon, near Pune.
- RAJASTHAN : PN Modi declared Mangarh Dham a National Monument in the Banswara District, Rajasthan.
- TAMIL NADU govt said on Friday that the proposed ₹20,000-crore airport at Parandur near Chennai would help the state achieve its ‘$1-trillion economy’ target. The government said the second airport near Chennai was the “need of the hour”, as there was congestion in the Meenambakkam airport. It added that cargo transactions were being shifted to Bengaluru and Hyderabad airports.
NEW APPOINTMENT :
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has announced the appointment of Vishal Kapoor as its chief executive officer (CEO).
- Vetsa Rama Krishna Gupta has taken over the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on Friday appointed veteran banker KV Kamath as an independent director on the company board for a period of five years.
- Election of Municipal Corporation of Delhi, MCD held on 4th December and the counting of votes will take place on 7th December.
- ANDHRA PRADESH government has introduced a lesson on Fatima Sheikh, believed to be India’s first woman Muslim teacher, in the textbooks of eighth class.
- Former India captain MS Dhoni has moved Madras High Court to initiate contempt proceedings against IPS officer G Sampath Kumar for his alleged statements against Supreme Court and certain senior counsels. In his plea, Dhoni said Sampath had made the “defamatory remarks” in his written submissions in a case pertaining to IPL 2013 spot-fixing scandal. Sampath had investigated the scandal.
- A Delhi court on 04 Nov granted interim bail to two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar, who’s the main accused in the murder of wrestler Sagar Dhankar, till November 12. He was granted interim bail due to the medical condition of his wife and two minor children. The court asked Sushil to furnish a personal bond of ₹1 lakh.
- TELANGANA: The Supreme Court (SC) on Friday denied interim relief to the three arrested persons who allegedly tried to poach Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) legislators. On October 26, police registered an FIR against three persons for allegedly trying to lure four BRS legislators into defecting. The BRS has claimed that the arrested persons were working at the behest of the BJP.
- CBI officials on Friday visited a lottery shop in West Bengal where TMC leader Anubrata Mondal bought a lottery ticket, which fetched him ₹1 crore.
- Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren sought three weeks time to appear before ED for questioning in a money laundering case.
- Food Safety and Drug Administration (FSDA) department conducted a raid on a manufacturing unit involved in making fake Ayurvedic and Allopathic medicines in Uttar Pradesh’s Sambhal and two persons were arrested.
💷 GBP ₹93.46
BSE Sensex : 60,950.36 +113.95 (0.19%) 🔼
NIFTY : 18,117.15 +64.45 (0.36%) 🔼
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the biggest-ever coal mine auction of 141 mines that are expected to benefit twelve states directly. During the launch, the finance minister said that a fast-growing economy like India needs greater investment in coal production and gasification projects.
- Urban Mobility India Conference & Expo 2022 to be held in Kochi on Nov 4-6; organised by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in collaboration with Govt. of Kerala.
- Unemployment rate surges to 7.77% in Oct against 6.43% in Sept: CMIE
- The Kashmir Files’ director Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri and ‘Pushpa’ director Sukumar are teaming up for a film. Vivek took to Twitter to share the news, writing.
- Actor Bhagyashree posted a video updating fans about her husband Himalay Dassani’s recent shoulder surgery. He was admitted to a Mumbai hospital for the surgery.
- Indian Army Registers ‘Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)’ of the New Design and Camouflage Pattern Uniform.
- Indian Army on November 4 announced approval of five Industry-funded prototype development programs under the Make-II category of the Defence Acquisition Procedure.
- These programs include development of medium-range loitering munitions, terminally-guided munitions for 155 mm artillery for precision strike capability, hard-kill anti-drone systems and hi-frequency Man Packed Software Defined Radios.
- On 03 Nov. the 11th edition of the annual Joint Military Training (JMT) between the Indian Air Force (lAF) and the Royal Singapore Air Force (RSAF) commenced at Air Force Station, Kalaikunda. The two Air Forces have resumed this training after a gap of two years.
- The Ministry of Defence on Friday said that it has extended the benefit of provision of pro rata pension to JCOs/ORs (junior commissioned officers/Other Ranks) of the defence services, having not less than 10 years of qualifying service in it. Earlier this benefit was limited to the commissioned officers only.
- It is notable that the provisions will be applicable to those JCOs/ORs who are absorbed/appointed in central public sector enterprises/central public sector undertaking (on or after 06.03.1985) or central autonomous bodies (on or after 31.03.1987). However, the financial benefit in past cases will be allowed prospectively from the date of issue of this order,
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Indian scientists have developed the country’s first Overhauser Magnetometer, an instrument that helps lower the cost of sensing experiments used in geomagnetic sampling.
- India abstains on Russia-sponsored draft resolution at UNSC for probe on Ukraine’s alleged bio weapons.
- Pakistan objected over the construction of Kishenganga and Ratle dams by India.
- Pak objections to India’s Kishenganga (330 MW) and Ratle (850 MW) hydroelectric power plants on the tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab Rivers are on technical grounds rather than the construction of the dam in principle.
- Visiting Taiwan’s Deputy Economic Minister Chen Chern-chyi has expressed his country’s intent to “deeply engage” with India and support the “Make in India” policy. The minister also mentioned a “possible Free Trade Agreement” with India.
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will travel to New Delhi next week to participate in the US-India Economic and Financial Partnership on November 11.
- United States continues to seek the expeditious confirmation of Eric Garcetti, as the ambassador to India.
- Iranian Envoy to India Dr Iran Elahi on Friday said despite US sanctions Tehran is ready to supply oil to India as both countries have close ties.
- India and Norway held the 9th round of Foreign Office Consultations in Oslo on Thursday where both sides exchanged views on enhancing trade and investment cooperation based on strong political relations.Secretary (West) Sanjay Verma co-chaired the consultations from the Indian side.
- Pakistan on Friday informed that its High Commission in New Delhi has issued nearly 3,000 visas to Indian Sikh pilgrims to attend the over week-long birth celebrations of Guru Nanak.Guru Nanak’s birth celebrations are scheduled to be held in Pakistan from November 6-15.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Former Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu sealed his return to power, as the final vote count from elections this week gave him and his far-right allies a clear majority in parliament. Results released by the electoral commission said that with 99 per cent of votes counted, Netanyahu’s right-wing Likud party had earned 32 seats in Israel’s 120-seat parliament, the Knesset.
- The US on 04 Nov announced its latest military assistance package for Ukraine worth $400 million. The package will include the US paying for the refurbishment of 45 T-72 tanks from the Czech Republic for use by Kyiv,
- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday called for peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine, as he warned of the possibility of a nuclear conflict
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said civilians should be evacuated from conflict areas in Kherson. On the occasion of Russia’s Day of National Unity (04 Nov), Putin said the civilian population should not suffer. Kherson is one of the four Ukrainian provinces that Russia annexed in September 2022. Putin added 3,18,000 people were drafted into the Army after the mobilisation exercise began.
- Senior leader of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party Fawad Chaudhry on Friday said the assassination attempt on party chief Imran Khan was “a prelude to a well-thought-out conspiracy”. Chaudhry alleged three senior officials in Pakistan’s federal government, Shehbaz Sharif, Rana Sanaullah and Major General Faisal Naseer, were “masterminds” of the attack on the former prime minister.
- Somalia’s Defence Ministry on 04 Nov (Friday) said its forces and their allies on 03 Nov killed at least 100 al-Shabab fighters during clashes in Hiran province.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2022
(a) New Zealand vs Ireland, 37th Match, Super 12 Group 1
New Zealand won by 35 runs
NZ – 185/6 (20)
IRE – 150/9 (20)
Player of the Match
(b) Australia vs Afghanistan,
38th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Australia won by 4 runs
AUS – 168/8 (20)
AFG – 164/7 (20)
Player of the Match
(c) Nov 05,
England vs Sri Lanka
39th Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT
- Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster, R Praggnanandhaa and compatriot P V Nandhidhaa won the titles in the Open and women’s sections respectively in the Asian Continental Chess championship, in New Delhi.
- Kerala is set to host the Track Asia Cup 2022 Cycling Tournament. Track Asia Cup is one of the biggest cycling events and will be held at LNCPE Outdoor Velodrome from 25th November 2022 to 28th November 2022.
In the Track Asia Cup 2022, around 200 cyclists will participate from over 25 countries in Asia. The event is being conducted outside Delhi for the first time.
- SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIP: Indian team created history as they won their first-ever gold medal at the Asian Squash Team Championship on 04 Nov. India beat Kuwait in the final, in straight sets, to win the title at the 2022 Asian Squash Team Championships which took place in Cheongju, South Korea recently.
Saurav Ghosal and Ramit Tandon won their respective matches to hand a 2-0 defeat to Kuwait in the final.
Frmn : 02 June 2014
Govrnr: Tamilisai Soundararajan
CM: K C Rao (BRS)
Districts : 33
🥇Gold ₹ 51,665 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 64,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 110/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 98/Ltr
⛽ CNG ₹ 95/Kg
LPG : ₹ 1,105/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Supreme Court of India is the supreme judicial body of India and the highest court of Republic of India under the constitution. It is the most senior constitutional court, and has the power of judicial review.
😀Thought of the day
Life is very short, so break your silly egos, forgive quickly, believe slowly, love truly, lough loudly and never avoid anything that makes you smile.
JOKE OF THE DAY
शादी में एक आदमी बहुत देर से खाना खा रहा था…
किसी ने पूछा – कितना खाओगे…?
आदमी बोला – मैं भी खाते-खाते परेशान हो गया हूं,
लेकिन क्या करूं… कार्ड में लिखा है कि
खाना खाने का समय 7 से 10 बजे तक…!!!
Why Earth is called Jagat in Sanskrit*
Jagat (Globe ): Ancient Indians discovered Globe as Jagat (Jis Ki Gati Ho), meaning which moves. According to them the earth is not stationery but moves.Thus, it is named as Jagat.
जीवेषु करुणा चापि मैत्री तेषु विधीयताम् ।*
jīveṣu karuṇā cāpi maitrī teṣu vidhīyatām ।
Be compassionate and friendly to all living beings.
जीवों पर करुणा एवं मैत्री कीजिये
Godhūma-cūrṇa wheat flour
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Carbon monoxide is produced* from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds; it forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), such as when operating a stove or an internal combustion engine in an enclosed space.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The smallest planet in our solar system is Mercury and the largest planet is Jupiter.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Virat Kohli* (pronunciation ; born 5 November 1988) is an Indian cricketer who currently captains the India national team.
A right-handed top-order batsman, Kohli is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. He made his Test debut in 2011 and shrugged off the tag of “ODI specialist” by 2013 with Test hundreds in Australia and South Africa.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Play your cards right*
To behave or work in a way that gives you an advantage or improves your odds of success.
Hazard × Conviction, security
Hazard × Peril, danger
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why is Vishnu called Padmanabha?*
Sri Adishankaracharya in his commentary on Sri Vishnu Sahasranama. सर्वजगतकारणं पद्मं नाभौ यस्य स पद्मनाभ: – The Lotus from which the entire Universe was created, grows out of the navel of Bhagavan. Hence, Bhagavan is called “Padmanabha”. … Hence he is called “Padmanabha”.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Kaju* has good fats, which are recommended for a healthy body. The fat present in cashew nuts are responsible for growth of good cholesterol and reduction of the bad cholesterol. Kaju gives a lot of energy and also keeps you satiated for a long time.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼