05 May (Thursday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 19 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 05(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Ardra
Titi: Chaturthi (up to 10:01 am) Panchami
RahuKaal: 02:00 PM – 03:38 PM
Can You Solve these Questions: https://youtu.be/YR7vAU2yoIE
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- President Ram Nath Kovind has said that the North Eastern region will emerge as an engine of growth for the entire country. He was speaking at the valedictory function of the North East Festival organised by the Ministry of Development of North East Region as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ in Guwahati on 04 May.
- The Supreme Court Wednesday directed the Maharashtra State Election Commission to notify the programme for local bodies elections within two weeks.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation will run its first Bharat Gaurav Tourist train on June 21, which would include a stop at Nepal’s Janakpur,
- This train will run on the Ramayana Circuit identified under Swadesh Darshan scheme covering prominent places associated with life of Lord Shri Ram, including the Ram Janaki temple in Janakpur located in Nepal.
- KARNATAKA: Congress leader and former Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah demanded a judicial probe into the alleged Karnataka police sub-inspector (PSI) recruitment scam worth ₹300 crore.
- KERALA : IMD issues yellow alert in Malappuram and Idukki districts.
- MAHARASHTRA : National Investigation Agency on Wednesday filed an affidavit in the Bombay High Court stating that former Police Officer Pradeep Sharma was the main conspirator in the murder of Thane businessman Mansukh Hiran.
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) has stated in its affidavit that suspended Mumbai Police officer Sachin Waze paid ₹45 lakh to encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma to kill Mansukh Hiren. Mansukh Hiren’s body was found in the Mumbra Creek days after his stolen vehicle was found with gelatin sticks near Antilia, the residence of Mukesh Ambani, on February 25, 2021.
- Maharashtra: First waste plastic recycling plant set up in Raigad district to curb environmental pollution.
- MANIPUR: CM N. Biren Singh requested the Central Government to allocate a topographical need-based budget during the implementation of development projects in the North East region and stressed on the requirement of alternative livelihood means for poppy plantation farmers.
- ODISHA : Mist Cooling System has been installed at a railway station in Odisha’s Sambalpur to help the commuters beat the heat amid the heatwave, the Ministry of Railways tweeted.
- RAJASTHAN ; Jodhpur communal violence: Curfew remains in force, more than 140 arrests so far; CM Ashok Gehlot accuses BJP of instigating riots.
- people have been arrested so far in connection with communal clashes over hoisting of a flag before Eid in Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s constituency Jodhpur.
- TAMIL NADU Assembly bill seeking exemption to the state from the ambit of the National Entrance-cum-Eligibility Test (NEET) has been sent to the Centre for Presidential assent by Governor R N Ravi, Chief Minister M K Stalin said. 13.TELANGANA : Hyderabad: MMTS first-class fare reduced by 50 % from 04 May.
- As per the fares, the First-class fare for the first 10 km will be halved to 25 rupees from the current 50 rupees. Similarly, the first-class fare for 36-45 km distance will be reduced to 90 rupees from the current 155 rupees.
- UTTARAKHAND : The Char Dham yatra began 03 May with the opening of portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri temples in Uttarakhand on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya. Portals of Kedarnath Dham will open on May 6, while that of Badrinath Dham on May 8.
- IMD issues yellow alert in view of heavy rainfall in hill districts of Uttarakhand for 2 days.
- In Maharashtra Navneet and her husband Ravi Rana, MLA from Badnera in Amravati district, were likely to be released on Thursday as the necessary documents did not reach the prisons where they are lodged in time, their lawyers said.
The couple were arrested by Mumbai police on April 23.
💷 GBP 96.01
BSE Sensex 55,669.03
NIFTY : 16,677.60
- The RBI on 04 May raised its key lending rate by 40 basis points to 4.40 per cent with immediate effect. The central bank also hiked the cash reserve ratio by 50 basis points. The decision was taken by the monetary policy committee (MPC) in an off-cycle meeting with the central board held May 2-4
- The US Federal Reserve System on 04 May raised its benchmark overnight interest rate by 50 bps, citing elevated inflation. It’s the second hike in two months by the US Fed and the largest increase since 2000, which brings the key rate to a range of 0.75% to 1%. US inflation reached 6.6% last month, the highest point in four decades.
- LIC IPO was subscribed 67% on the first day of bidding on 04 May, with investors bidding for 10.8 crore shares, compared with the total 16.2 crore shares on offer.
- Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting Anurag Thakur has said that Cinema, as a soft power can play a major role in nation branding initiative. Addressing the valedictory session of the two-day Seminar in Mumbai through video message.
- The Minister also stressed the role being played by Indian language cinema. “It is not just the Hindi movies, but also the films in Indian languages that are getting vast audience nationally and internationally.
- Anil Kapoor, speaking about the biopic of Olympic gold-medalist Abhinav Bindra, has said, “That’s the next thing that I’m…passionately excited about.”
- India will be the official country of honours at the Cannes Film Market this year. It will be for the first time that a country has been honoured and the tradition will continue in the upcoming years. The event will be held from May 17 to May 25.
- Actress Jacqueline Fernandez has reportedly been replaced by Nora Fatehi in Actor Pawan Kalyan’s Telugu film ‘Hari Hara Veera Mallu’. “Because Nora is a good dancer and has impressive facial expressions, she is considered suitable for the role.
- Recently, France’s Naval Group announced that it is withdrawing from the Indian Navy’s P-75I submarine project. The Project 75 (India)-class submarines (P-75I) are a planned class of diesel-electric submarines, which are to be built for the Indian Navy.
- Indian Army’s Fire and Fury corps will release a new meta verse at RezangLa this morning. To pay a tribute to the brave hearts who laid down their lives in the defence of Ladakh, the new anthem is composed by famous International Music Composer and Bollywood singer Joi Barua and his band. Fire and Fury Corps GOC Lieutenant General Anandya Sengupta said,
- The Odisha govt on Wednesday doubled the ex-gratia for the relatives of deceased jawans killed during wars and anti-terrorist operations from ₹5 lakh to ₹10 lakh.
- The Border Security Force on Wednesday detected a suspected underground cross-border tunnel in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, nearly a fortnight after security forces gunned down two suicide bombers of Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit who had infiltrated from Pakistan
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi on 04 May participated in the Second India-Nordic Summit at Copenhagen in Denmark. The Prime Ministers of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Norway also participated in the Summit.
- PM Modi on 04 May also held a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister of Iceland Katrin Jakobsdottir in Copenhagen on the sidelines of the 2nd India-Nordic Summit.
- Later PM has departed for France to hold talks with the French President Emmanuel Macron after completing his Denmark visit.
- India excludes 1,157 products from free trade pact with UAE : India has excluded as many as 1,157 products, including TVs, picture tubes, soaps, toys, footwear, sharbat and petroleum waxes from the ambit of India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- India on 04 May supplied nearly 40,000 MT of petrol to Sri Lanka to help ease the fuel shortage in the country, which is reeling under a severe economic and energy crisis.
- India Seeks Less Than $70 Per Barrel Price For Russian Oil To Compensate For Risk Of Dealing With Moscow.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- United States condemned North Korea’s ballistic missile launch on Wednesday and urged Pyongyang to refrain from further destabilising actions, the US military said.
- Sri Lanka’s Finance Minister Ali Sabry on Wednesday said that the country’s ongoing economic crisis will last for at least two more years, according to a report.
- Myanmar junta court rejects Suu Kyi’s plea against 5-yr-jail term
Deposed. Suu Kyi was handed the jail term last week after being found guilty of accepting a bribe of cash and gold from a former minister.
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry said that 26 people were killed and 12 others were injured in a road accident in the country’s Rivne region on Tuesday. The accident reportedly took place after a passenger bus, a minibus and a fuel truck collided, resulting in the explosion of the fuel truck.
- LinkedIn has agreed to pay $1.75 million in back wages to 686 female workers after the US Labour Department alleged that they faced “systemic, gender-based pay discrimination”.
As per the complaint, from 2015 to 2017, women working in engineering, product or marketing roles at two of LinkedIn’s offices were paid less than their male counterparts. LinkedIn has denied the allegation.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings, 49th Match
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 13 runs
RCB – 173/8 (20)
CSK – 160/8 (20)
Player of the Match
(b) May 05, Thu
Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
50th Match at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
Formed : 30 Mar 1949
Gvnr : Kalraj Mishra
CM : Ashok Gehlot (INC)
Dist : 33
🥇Gold ₹52,560 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹117.63/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹101.09/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 954/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, owing to the ancient temples, forts and other monuments. Hampi was the capital of the Vijayanagar Empire around 1500 AD, and by some accounts, the second largest city in the world at that time.
Hampi is also known as Pampa Kshetra, Kishkindha kshetra and even Bhaskara kshetra. These names were derived from the famous Tungabhadra River Pampa. According to mythology, it is said that Pampa was Brahma’s daughter who was later married off to Shiva. It was where the city was built
😀Thought of the day
You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script
JOKE OF THE DAY
Class Mein Teacher Bachho Se English Mein Translation Karwa Rahi Thi.
Teacher Pappu Se: “Main Teri Jaan Nikal Doonga” Ise English Mein Translate Karo?”
Pappu : “English Ki Aisi Ki Taisi, Tu Haath To Laga Ke Dikha“
Why Does Menstruation Occur..?
The egg travels through a thin tube called a fallopian tube to the uterus. If the egg is fertilized by a sperm cell, it attaches to the wall of the uterus, where over time it develops into a baby. If the egg is not fertilized, the uterus lining breaks down and bleeds, causing a period.
- Elelven एकादश (ekaadasha)
- Twelve द्वादश (dvaadasha)
- Thirteen त्रयोदश (trayodasha)
- Fourteen चतुर्दश (chaturdasha)
- Fifteen पञ्चदश (panchadasha)
- Sixteen षोडश (shodash)
- Seventeen सप्तदश (saptadasha)
- Eighteen अष्टादश (ashtaadasha)
- Nineteen नवदश (navadasha)
- Twenty विंशतिः (vimshatihi)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How The Geyser Works ..?
The principle on which the geyser works is simply the conversion of electrical energy into heat through the use of heating elements to raise the temperature of water through conduction of the heat to the water.
The geyser consists of a water tank fitted with two pipes – one for inlet of cold water and the other for outlet of hot water. The water tank is fitted with heating elements which are controlled by thermostats. The thermostats ensure that water is not heated above a set temperature value. The tank is normally covered with some insulating material and enclosed inside a metal casing.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
World Health Organisation (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that looks into matters of public health. Established on April 7th, 1948, its headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
GURU AMAR DAS (5 May 1479 – 1 Sep 1574), sometimes spelled as Guru Amardas, was the third of the Ten Gurus of Sikhism and became Sikh Guru on 26 March 1552 at age 73.Before becoming a Sikh, Amar Das followed the Vaishnavism tradition of Hinduism for much of his life.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
That’s the last straw
My patience has run out
Generous x Mean Greedy
Aid ~ assist
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Bhagiratha ( भगीरथ, ) is a legendary king of the Ikshvaku dynasty who brings the Sacred River Ganges, personified as the Hindu River Goddess Ganga, to Earth, from the Heavens.
Bhagiratha was the king of Kosala, a kingdom in ancient India. He was a descendent of the great king Sagara of the Suryavansh. He was one of the forefathers of Lord Rama
After many generations, Bhagiratha a descendant of Sagara, learnt about the fate of his ancestors and he vowed to bring Ganga to Earth so that her holy water could be used to liberate the souls of his ancestors and release them to heaven.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
SAUNF . Taking a pinch of saunf (or fennel seeds) after a meal is quite a common part of Indian tradition. This helps with mouth odour but more importantly, this practice started because it helps with digestion. A mixture of saunf and mishry is better for digestion. Saunf is given to small babies for relieving colic – it is safe and effective to use. Other than after a meal, saunf soaked in water overnight can also be used or warm saunf water can be made. Saunf can also be added to tea. Adding a little sugar helps more.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼