05 Jun (Monday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Ashada 01, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 17, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Moola/Purva Ashadha
Tithi: Pratipada (up to 6:39 am) Dwitiya/Tritiya
Rahu: 07:24 AM – 09:04 AM
Yamaganda: 10:45 AM – 12:25 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Indian Railways has made special arrangements at helpline number 139 to facilitate family, friends and relatives of deceased persons and passengers stranded in the tragic Train accident in Odisha.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan visit Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
- Train movement on both Up & Down Main line has resumed within 51 hours of train derailment at Bahanga Bazar, Odisha.
- The launch window for India’s third lunar mission, Chandrayaan-3, opens on July 12, the Indian Space Research Organisation chief S Somnath said on Saturday.
- Integrated Command and Control Centre set up in Srinagar under Smart City Mission.
- TRAI directs telcos to develop a unified digital platform to seek, maintain and revoke customers’ consent for promotional calls and messages.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation DMRC has successfully completed the structural work of four kilometres of viaduct starting from Majlis Park to Mukarba Chowk connecting the Majlis Park and Bhalaswa Metro stations on the upcoming Janakpuri West – RK Ashram Marg corridor of Phase 4.
- In Kerala, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the year-long Silver Jubilee celebrations of Amritha Hospital in Kochi.
- Andhra Pradesh: Disha Mobile App gets a record 1.17 crore registrations since its launch three years ago. Disha app is an app designed to help women stay safe and aware of their surroundings. The app is available for free download on Google.
- Former India cricketer Virender Sehwag took to Twitter to share that he is offering free education at his boarding school to children who lost their parents in the triple train accident in Odisha.
- Ticketless passengers who were on board the trains involved in the Odisha crash will receive compensation, the Railways said.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said Mother Dairy will set up a manufacturing unit in Nagpur with an investment of ₹400 crore.
- The Central government on June 4 appointed a three-member Commission of Inquiry headed by Ajai Lamba, former Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court, to probe the ethnic violence in Manipur, that has claimed 98 lives so far and displaced over 35,000 people.
- Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday appealed to the people of Manipur to lift blockades on the Imphal-Dimapur National Highway-2. The highway is critical for all supplies to reach Manipur’s valley areas. Starting from Dimapur in Nagaland, the highway passes through Naga and Kuki hill districts in Manipur.
- Report does not clarify if Coromandel Express crossed the signal when it was green or red; investigation team found that 21 coaches of the train which entered the loop line derailed, and some overturned; senior official says detailed probe will be done by the Commissioner of Railway Safety.
- In Bihar, a portion of under construction bridge over Ganga river collapsed. The Aguanhighat Sultanganj bridge will connect Khagaria and Bhagalpur districts. In the past another portion had also collapsed in this section. No casualties reported.
$ USD ₹.82.40
💷 GBP ₹.102.60
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,547.11 +118.57 (0.19%) 🔺
NIFTY: 18,534.10 +46.35 (0.25%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,400/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 73,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL : ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas : ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- ICAI Central Council approves renewal of MRA :The CA Institute’s Central Council has approved the renewal of the existing mutual recognition agreement (MRA) with CPA Canada and CPA Ireland, Aniket Sunil Talati, President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has said.
- Oil India Limited (OIL) begins aerial survey to locate hydrocarbon deposits.
- RBI proposes cyber security framework for payment system operators, seeks feedback by June 30. The RBI has invited stakeholders to provide comments and feedback on the draft.
- IRDAI has issued draft guidelines for Bima Vahak, a new initiative aimed at enhancing insurance inclusion and awareness across India.
- The Rural Development Ministry has said that about 88% of the wage payment has been made through Aadhaar Based Payment Bridge System (ABPS) till May this year.
- Veteran Actreess Sulochana Didi passes away this evening in Mumbai. She was 94 year old. Sulochana didi is famous for her role as a Mother in Bollywood.
- Amir Raza Husain, a noted theatre actor and director, has passed away. He was 66. Hussain was known for his large outdoor stage productions such as “The Fifty Day War” based on the Kargil War and “The Legend of Ram”.
- Soujanya Bhagavatula was announced as the winner of ‘Telugu Indian Idol Season 2’, which was judged by music composer S Thaman, singer Geetha Madhuri and singer Karthik. Jayaram and Lasya Priya secured the first and second runners-up positions respectively.
- Telugu actor Sharwanand got married to software engineer Rakshita Reddy on Saturday.
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin on Sunday (4th June 2023) arrived in New Delhi on a two-day visit to India to discuss ways to further expand bilateral strategic engagement ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s trip to Washington.
- The Indian Army recently updated its 9K111M Konkurs-M anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) with Tonbo Imaging’s Sarisa cooled, longwave Infrared (LWIR) thermal imagers.
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances but sees itself as an equal participant in all the mechanisms that it is a part of, Deputy National Security Adviser Vikram Misri said.
- In a significant achievement with regard to anti-insurgency strategy by the Border Security force in Tripura, six newly joined cadres who were lured by NLFT (Bishwa Mohan) cadres, sympathizers and recently joined the outfit have surrendered before the BSF.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Sunday arrived in Windhoek to further strengthen relations with Namibia.
- President Droupadi Murmu’s Suriname visit begins on Sunday.The President on Saturday left the national capital for a six-day visit to Suriname and Serbia.This is the president’s maiden visit to Suriname .
- India urges G-20 countries to join proposed Global Vaccine Research Collaborative to tackle inequity.
- BRICS Foreign Ministers pitch for use of local currencies in international trade.
- Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal aka ‘Prachanda’, on his arrival at Kathmandu, calls his four-day visit to India an “astounding success”.
- Condolences message continue to pour in from around the world after Balasore train mishap. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has expressed sadness at the loss of lives in the tragic train accident in Odisha.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar has congratulated Dr. Hakan Fidan on his appointment as the Foreign Minister of Türkiye.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- US President Joe Biden signed into law a bill to suspend the nation’s debt limit through 1 January 2025.
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on 04 June.
- Texas becomes largest state to ban transgender care for minors.
- Indonesia proposes peace plan to end war between Russia and Ukraine.
- UAE Meteorologist Dr Abdulla Al Mandous has been elected as the new President of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- UN Security Council extends UN political mission in Sudan for 6 months.
- Seeking dialogue over confrontation with the United States Chinese Defence Minister Li Shangfu warned that any conflict between the two nations would bring “unbearable disaster for the world”.
- Germany on Saturday asked China to stop recruiting former Luftwaffe pilots to train its own air force, fearing they could reveal NATO secrets.
- HOCKEY : The Indian men’s hockey team will travel to the Netherlands to play the hosts and Argentina. Team will play their next match against the Netherlands on Wednesday, June 7, which will start at 11:10 PM IST.
- India defeated Great Britain 4-2 in a penalty shoot-out to earn a bonus point after both sides were locked at 4-4 at the end of the regulation time in a high-scoring second leg FIH Pro League match on 03 June (Saturday).
- BADMINTON : Lakshya Sen lost men’s singles semifinal against Thailand’s second seed Kunlavut Vitidsarn in Thailand Open .
- WRESTLING :. Manisha Bhanwala won all four matches to claim the women’s 65kg gold medal at Ranking series wrestling event in Kyrgyzstan.
- Indian grapplers have signed off with three medals in the UWW Ranking Series event in Bishkek on Saturday, with Manisha grabbing Gold, Reetika finishing second-best and Sarita Mor getting her hand so on the Bronze. India’s tally in the series is four medals including 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze.
- India got off to a sensational start at the ISSF Junior World cup : Sainyam wins women’s 10m air pistol gold in Junior World Cup.
- The third edition of Khelo India University Games, organised in four cities of Uttar Pradesh from May 25 to June 3, concluded in Varanasi on Saturday evening, A simple closing ceremony was held in view of the train accident in Odisha.
- Top Indian sprinter Amlan Borgohain bagged two gold medals, one each in the men’s 100 and 200 meter races at the Flanders Cup 2023 athletics meet, known as the International Antwerp Athletics Gala, in Merksem.
- AIRMission Olympic Cell (MOC) under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports today approved Olympic Gold Medallist Neeraj Chopra’s proposal to train in Kuortane, Finland.
Formed: 01 Nov 1966
Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar (BJP)
Bird: Black francolin
Flower : Lotus
Tree: Bodhi tree
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru. It operates under Department of Space which is directly overseen by the prime minister of India while chairman of ISRO acts as executive of DOS as well. ISRO is the primary agency in India to perform tasks related to space based applications, space exploration and development of related technologies. It is one of six government space agencies in the world.
ISRO built India’s first satellite, Aryabhata, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 19 April 1975. In 1980, ISRO launched satellite RS-1 onboard its own SLV-3 making India the sixth country to be capable of undertaking orbital launches. SLV-3 was followed by ASLV which was subsequently succeeded by development of many medium-lift launch vehicles, rocket engines, satellite systems and networks enabling agency to launch hundreds of domestic and foreign satellites and various deep space missions for space exploration.
😀Thought of the day
Patience is not about the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
JOKE OF THE DAY
अध्यापक -तुम बडे मुर्ख हो बालक , मै तुम्हारी उम्र मे अच्छी तरह किताब पढ लेता था |
छात्र – श्रीमान आपको अच्छा मास्टर मिल गया होगा?🤣🤪
What would happen if RBI mints more money?
Imagine that one fine day every Indian finds that the government has deposited Rs. 1 crore in their bank account. Even a beggar would be extremely happy to own Rs. 1 crore.
Now what next? Every person always has a wish list of things he want to buy. If a person previously wanted to buy a car worth Rs. 7 lakh but was not able to afford the same will now have enough money to buy the car. Prices of the goods are decided by the intersection of ‘Demand curve’ and ‘Supply curve’
What will happen next is that the demand for cars would be skyrocketing.
As demand increases, their would be increase in price of car.
Simply speaking the price of a car worth Rs. 7 lakh has gone above 1 crore. So now even 1 crore are not having that importance which it was having previously.
Technically speaking, excess minting of currency notes will have problems of inflation as the prices of goods will increase due to excess demand.
This is the reason why a country can’t just solve its problems by minting more money. The same happened in Zimbabwe and Germany and both of them witnessed hyperinflation
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How submarine works
Submarines float on the surface by using ballast tanks full of air. There are valves at the top of the ballast tanks that are opened when it’s time for the submarine to submerge. As the air escapes, seawater comes in a the bottom of the tank. It makes the sub heavier, and then it submerges.
Oxygen in submarines is produced by putting sea water through a process of electrolysis. Submarines typically have a couple of big oxygen tanks as well, used to quickly raise oxygen concentration if the system fails
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
5 JUNE- WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
World Environment Day is observed every year on 5 June and is celebrated by more than 100 countries. The environment is a major issue, which not only affects the well-being of the people but also hampers economic development throughout the world. The theme of World Environment Day 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration”.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Yogi Adityanath (born Ajay Mohan Bisht on 5 June 1972) is an Indian monk and Hindu nationalist politician serving as the 22nd and current Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, in office since 19 March 2017
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t cry over spilt milk
There’s no reason to complain about something that can’t be fixed
Expand x Contract Diminish
Focus – center, focal point
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Panchamrit or Charnamrut used in rituals is made by: –
The word Panchamrut is derived from Sanskrit; ‘Panch‘ meaning ‘five’, and ‘Amrut‘ meaning ‘nectar of Gods’
Milk – It symbolizes purity and peace. Contains calcium and proteins.
Honey – It is produced by bees with absolute dedication and cooperation symbolises sweet speech and unity. Honey helps in digestion.
Yogurt – It aids procreation. Gives cooling effect to the body
Tulsi – It brings you happiness. Having Anti-toxic property.
Ghee – It marks knowledge. It contains nutrients and fat soluble vitamins.
Mixture of these 5 things is Punchamrit, it is given in temples after puja, it is said that scientifically, this also enhance immune system.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
How To Stop Nose Bleeds| Home Remedies for Nose Bleeding
The basic and usual ways to stop sudden nose bleeding can come handy. do immediately.1. Cold compress One of the most effective remedies for nose bleeding included cold compress. Holding a cold compress against your nose for a few minutes can help constrict the tiny blood vessels in your nose that are bleeding. The coldness will encourage the nose’s interior blood vessels to narrow.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT