05 Jan (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Hemant
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Pausa 28, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra :Mrigasirsha (up to 9:26 pm) Ardra
Rahu: 01:51 PM – 03:11 PM
Yamaganda : 07:13 AM – 08:32 AM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- PM Modi to chair 2nd National Conference of Chief Secretaries in New Delhi on 6th January.
- An IndiGo Airlines flight from Hyderabad will be the first aircraft to land at the recently inaugurated Manohar International Airport (MIA) in North Goa on January 5.
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti is organising the “1st All India Annual State Ministers Conference on Water’’ with the theme “Water Vision@2047” in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh on the 5th and 6th of this month.
- Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan chaired the 3rd meeting of the steering committee of the National Skill Development Mission in New Delhi yesterday.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya chaired a high-level meeting with four State governments to review the elimination of Kala-Azar from the country by this year.
- Kala-Azar is a disease caused by infection with leishmania parasites.
- Visceral leishmaniasis is spread by sandfly bites. This type of leishmaniasis affects the internal organs, usually the spleen, liver and bone marrow.
- The Union Government has approved the National Green Hydrogen Mission with an initial outlay of 19,744 crore rupees.
- Government approves Central Sector Broadcasting Infrastructure & Network Development Scheme with outlay of over Rs. 2,539 crore up to 2025-26.
- Assam govt has decided to confer the State’s highest civilian award, ‘Assam Baibhav,’ on Dr. Tapan Saikia, an internationally acclaimed doctor for his contributions to the field of cancer care in the State.
- PM Modi has urged students, teachers, and parents to take part in the unique interaction programme Pariksha Pe Charcha. The 6th edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha will be held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on 27th of this month.
- Over 31 lakh students, five lakh teachers and two lakh parents to participate in PM Modi’s Pariksha Pe Charcha.
- Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal has accorded approval for over 28 crore rupees to extend the special interest-free loan of ten thousand rupees to each member of Tobacco Board’s Growers’ Welfare Schemes under Southern Regions of Andhra Pradesh.
- Government has approved the investment for the 382 Mega Watt Sunni Dam Hydro Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh, with an estimated cost of over two thousand 614 crore rupees.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Doda district administration launches e-library to benefit thousands of students of the district by providing them notes and study material prepared by the best subject matter specialists in the district.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the CM’s Residential land Rights scheme (Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu Adhikar Yojana) in a programme organised at the Bagaj Mata temple complex in Tikamgarh district. CM also gave land rights letters to the eligible beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath is on a two-day tour to Mumbai.
- The Supreme Court stayed the Allahabad High Court order, directing the Uttar Pradesh government to hold urban local body polls without reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- Lt. Governor of Puducherry Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan evening released posters and stickers on G-20 LOGO in a function of branding of G-20 Logo organised by the State Information and Publicity Department at Puducherry.
- A two-year-old male tiger and a female hyena were found dead near an electric trap in Panna Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday.
- Zeliangrong Community Celebrated Gaan Ngai Festival in Manipur.
- PM Modi to launch the world’s longest river cruise, “Ganga Vilas” from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh, Assam on 13th January 2023.
- 50 electric buses were launched in Delhi with support under the FAME India Phase II scheme of the Ministry of Heavy Industries. In 2019, the government approved Rs 10,000 crore.
- Police filed a chargesheet at a court in Maharashtra’s Palghar in the Cyrus Mistry car crash case. Former Tata Sons Chairman Mistry and a co-passenger were killed in a car crash in Palghar district on September 4 when their car hit a divider on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway. Anahita Pandole, who was driving the car.
- A group of men in an SUV allegedly chased, hurled abuses and threatened a policewoman with a sword in Bhubaneswar while she was returning home in her car after night duty. The SI said the incident occurred at around 1:30 am on Tuesday. She managed to go to the gate of the Reserve Police Office, where she raised an alarm.
- Punjab Police on Wednesday seized five kilograms of heroin, which was smuggled from Pakistan, from a house in Kotla Doom village.
- The death toll in the blast and fire at Jindal Poly Films plant at Igatpuri’s Mundhegaon in Maharashtra’s Nashik district rose to three, with one more body being recovered from the rubble on Wednesday.
- The District Education Officer in Haryana’s Nuh was caught red-handed accepting a bribe, State Vigilance Bureau officials said
💷 GBP ₹99.69
BSE Sensex: 60,657.45 −636.75 (1.04%) 🔻
NIFTY: 18,042.95 −189.60 (1.04%) 🔻
- Coal India Limited & 4 central trade unions ink MoU recommending 19% minimum guaranteed benefit to its employees, which include basic pay, variable dearness allowance, special dearness allowance, and attendance bonus.
- The four central trade unions Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh, Hind Mazdoor Sabha, All India Trade Union Congress, and Centre of Indian Trade Unions have taken a lead in finalizing the minimum guaranteed benefit amicably.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal has accorded approval for over 28 crore rupees to extend the special interest-free loan of ten thousand rupees to each member of Tobacco Board’s Growers’ Welfare Schemes.
- Road Transport and Highways Ministry says, construction of National Highways witnesses 47.85% growth in last eight years.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva said the three big economies the United states, Europe and China are all slowing down simultaneously.
- HDFC Bank collaborates with Microsoft as part of its digital transformation HDFC Bank.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that the owners of cinema halls are entitled to set the terms and conditions for the sale of food and beverages within their theatre precincts.
- Kannada actor Kishore said that his Twitter account was suspended due to hacking on December 20, 2022, not by posts.
- PM Modi applauds Captain Shiva Chauhan of Fire and Fury Sappers on becoming first woman officer to be operationally deployed at highest battlefield of world Siachen.
- The Defence Ministry, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the three Services (Indian Army, Navy and Air Force), signed and exchanged Memorandums of Understanding (MoU)/Agreements with various stakeholders to facilitate the continued education of Agniveers while serving in the Armed Forces, and the award of appropriate skill certificates in accordance with their expertise and experience.
- Married daughters of ex-servicemen to be granted ID cards: The Karnataka High Court quashed a Sainik Welfare Board guideline which disallowed married daughters from availing dependent cards available to children of ex-defence personnel. “The act of marriage cannot and shall not change the status of a daughter,” the court said. The bench also asked Centre to stop referring former defence personnel as ex-servicemen and consider gender-neutral nomenclature
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will send 1,800 additional personnel to Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) in the wake of recent attacks on civilians.
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Siyom bridge in Arunachal Pradesh, along with 27 other infrastructure projects completed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO). Built at a cost of 724 crore rupees, these projects will hugely augment India’s border infrastructure, mostly along the Chinese border, from Ladakh to Arunachal.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The first infrastructure working group meeting of the G-20 series is going to be held in Kolkata from the 9th of January 2023.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar met Chairman and CEO of Microsoft Corporation Satya Nadella in New Delhi, he discussed delivery, governance, and security in the digital domain.
- High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Pranay Verma called on the Bangladesh Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud in Dhaka on Wednesday.
- The Nepal Railway Company (NRC) that runs the Jayanagar-Kurtha cross-border railway has agreed to a temporary arrangement with India’s Konkan Railways Corporation Limited (KRCL) to continue operating the country’s sole railway service.
- Bangladesh will start receiving electricity from the under-construction power plant in Godda, Jharkhand from mid-march, said Minister of State for power Nasrul Hamid.
- Thiru Sivakumar Nadesan, the editor of a leading Tamil newspaper in Sri Lanka, will be conferred with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award, which is India’s highest honour for members of the Indian diaspora.
- Indian-origin Swati Bhatia, the head of Goldman Sachs Group’s direct-to-consumer unit Marcus, is stepping down.
- Sri Lanka releases 12 Indian fishermen.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In US, Republican leader Kevin McCarthy failed to secure enough votes to be elected as the speaker of the House of Representatives in a third round of voting.
- McCarthy needs at least 218 votes to formally become speaker of the House, which has 435 members.
- Myanmar’s military government will release 7,012 prisoners under an amnesty to mark the country’s Independence day.
- Food and Drug Administration allows retail pharmacies in United States to sell abortion pills.
- Two-year ban on foreigners buying homes in Canada comes into effect. the federal housing Minister Ahmed Hussen said, the ban is meant to discourage buyers from looking at homes as commodities instead of a place to live and grow a family.
- European Union health Ministers have reached a consensus on how to handle travelers from China, as the country is gripped by a surge of COVID-19 infections.
- The last surviving astronaut from the first successful crewed space mission in NASA’s Apollo programme, Walter Cunningham has died at the age of 90.
- US Embassy in Cuba reopens visa and consular services.
- China’s CRRC Corporation Ltd. Launched a hydrogen urban train, and it is the first in Asia and the second such train in the world.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’ flagship programme, Fit India Movement will start a special online series titled ‘Fit India-Sunday Talks’ from this Sunday till the 26th of next month.
- Umran Malik has become the fastest Indian bowler in T20I cricket history. The 23-year-old clocked 157 kmph in the first T20I against Sri Lanka in Mumbai on Tuesday.
- Malik dismissed Sri Lanka captain Dasun Shanaka with the delivery in the 17th over.
Frmn : 1 Nov 1956
Districts : 14
Govrnr: Arif Mohammad Khan
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
🥇Gold ₹ 57,805 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 75,500 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 108/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1,060/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay was a Bengali, writer, poet and a journalist who composed our National Song ‘Vande Mataram’ during the India’s freedom struggle. He wrote several serious, comical, satirical and scientific novels and publications in Bengali.
😀Thought of the day
Patience is not about the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu – Raat ko mujge ek aadmi ne Chaku(knife) dikha k loot liya…
Frnd – Lekin tere paas to GUN thi?
Pappu – wo maine chhupa di warna wo bhi loot leta…!🤪
What would happen if RBI mints more money?
Imagine that one fine day every Indian finds that the government has deposited Rs. 1 crore in their bank account. Even a beggar would be extremely happy to own Rs. 1 crore.
Now what next? Every person always has a wish list of things he want to buy. If a person previously wanted to buy a car worth Rs. 7 lakh but was not able to afford the same will now have enough money to buy the car. Prices of the goods are decided by the intersection of ‘Demand curve’ and ‘Supply curve’
What will happen next is that the demand for cars would be skyrocketing.
As demand increases, their would be increase in price of car.
Simply speaking the price of a car worth rs. 7 lakh has gone above 1 crore. So now even 1 crore are not having that importance which it was having previously.
Technically speaking, excess minting of currency notes will have problems of inflation as the prices of goods will increase due to excess demand.
This is the reason why a country can’t just solve its problems by minting more money. The same happened in Zimbabwe and Germany and both of them witnessed hyperinflation.
LEARN Sanskrit* 🙏🏻
गतदिने सः बहु उग्र: जातः ।
कल वह बहुत उग्र हो गया था
Yesterday he was very angry
आमंत्रण : बुलाना
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a missile works? 🚀
The missile is propelled either by rockets or jet engines using solid or liquid fuel. Some missiles use hybrid technology for propelling it to its intended point. … The aerodynamic features of a missile, also called controlling surfaces, are used to control the missile’s flight.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
1st News paper of India – Bengal Gazatte
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Mamata Banerjee (born 5 Jan 1955) is an Indian politician who has served as the 8th and current Chief Minister of West Bengal since 2011 being the first woman to hold the office.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch
Don’t count on something good happening until it’s happened.
Rapid × Slow
Remark : Comment
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Panchamrit or Charnamrut used in rituals is made by:-
Milk – It symbolizes purity. Always cow milk is used to make this drink.
Honey – It grants you sweet and kind speech.
Yogurt – It aids procreation.
Sugar – It brings you happiness
Ghee – It marks knowledge.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking enough water is essential for overall skin health. Staying adequately hydrated keeps your skin moisturized, healthy, and, you guessed it, glowing. That’s not to mention all of the other endless benefits of drinking enough H20. While eight (8-ounce) glasses per day is the general guideline.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼