05 Feb (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Shishir
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Magha 30, (Purnimanta)
Magha 15, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Pushya (up to 12:13 pm) Ashlesha
Tithi: Chaturdashi (up to 9:30 pm)Purnima
Rahu: 04:49 PM – 06:12 PM
Yamaganda : 12:40 PM – 02:03 PM
WEEKEND NEWS https://youtu.be/JwcWMCaCiuE
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Guru Ravidas Jayanti (Magh Purnima) is observed today.
according to Drik Panchang. It is celebrated on Magh Purnima, the full moon day in the month of Magh month.
- PM Modi to address participants of Jaipur Mahakhel at 1 PM via video conferencing; Jaipur Mahakhel has been organised in Jaipur by Lok Sabha MP from Jaipur Rural, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore since 2017.
- The second sale of wheat through e-auction will be held throughout the country on the 15th of February.
- Bharatiya Janata Party today appointed Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan as its party In-charge for the upcoming Assembly elections of Karnataka.
- First G20, three-day, Energy Transitions Working Group (ETWG) Meeting under India’s Presidency to begin in Bengaluru.
- Union Power and New & Renewable Energy Minister R.K. Singh to deliver keynote address of the three-day event, Union Parliamentary Affairs, Coal & Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi to give special address.
- Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah lays foundation stone of 450 crore rupee nano urea plant, at Deoghar in Jharkhand.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to inaugurate 13th edition of International Theatre Festival of Kerala (ITFoK) at Thrissur.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan to launch from Bhind.
- Himachal Pradesh CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhoo to be on a two-day visit to his home constituency of Nadaun.
- Telangana Cabinet under chairmanship of CM K.Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), to meet at Pragathi Bhavan ,Hyderabad to approve state budget.
- Hyderabad, E-Mobility Week, flagship event of Telangana government, to be held Feb 5-11, 2023 & to culminate with India’s first Formula E race to be held at Hyderabad.
- The Union Budget allocated ₹600 crore towards Hyderabad’s Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) for resumption of phase II works.
- Former Maharashtra minister Aaditya Thackeray challenged CM Eknath Shinde to contest against him from Mumbai’s Worli.
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) chief Iqbal Singh Chahal on Saturday said that Mumbai will have 3,400 electric buses by December 2023.
- The 19th annual Mumbai Bird Race will be held on Sunday, February 5, wherein avid bird watchers will try to spot and identify a maximum bird species in and around Mumbai.
- Karnataka State Congress party ‘Karavali Dhwani Yatra’to begin from Sullia Constituency.
- Hindu activists to hold a rally in Mumbai to demand several concessions, including new legislation to counter alleged anti-conversion laws.
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav on Saturday ruled out possibility of privatisation of Railways. He said despite non-cooperation of some state-governments, the centre has allocated funds and is going ahead with execution of several projects.
- Finance Minister recently said that as many as 38,800 teachers will be hired for Ekalavya Model Residential Schools. EMRS are co-educational residential schools from Class VI to XII.
- EMRS started in the year 1997-98 to impart quality education to ST children in remote areas to enable them to access the best opportunities in education and to bring them at par with the general population.
- A court in Gujarat on Saturday rejected the bail pleas of seven people who were arrested in connection with the suspension bridge collapse in Morbi town on October 30 last year. As many as 135 people had died in the accident. Last week, Morbi Police had filed a chargesheet in the case
- The Delhi High Court recently sought the Archaeological Survey of India’s (ASI) response in a plea moved by two registered trusts against the ASI’s communication rejecting permission to organize a cultural programme at the Agra Fort celebrating the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- Stones were allegedly pelted at the Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Vande Bharat Express in Telangana’s Khammam on Saturday. Due to the incident, the emergency window had to be replaced, which led to a delay in arrival by three hours. This is the second such incident reported in less than a month.
💷 GBP ₹99.13
BSE Sensex: 60,841.88 +909.64 (1.52%) 🔼
NIFTY: 17,854.05 +243.65 (1.38%)🔼
- The maximum investment limit for the Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) has been increased from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 30 lakh in Budget 2023.
- India’s macroeconomic fundamentals not affected by Adani Group’s Follow-on Public Offer (FPO). withdrawal, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Finance Minister recently announced that government will set up an Urban Infrastructure Development Fund (UIDF) of Rs 10,000 crore per year for creating infrastructure in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities.
- Union Finance Minister recently announced a mission for the welfare of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) in the 2023-24 Union Budget.
- Out of the 705 Scheduled Tribes in India, 75 have been identified as PVTGs and are spread across 17 states and one Union Territory.
- The mission will saturate the particularly vulnerable tribal groups with safe housing, clean drinking water, education, nutrition, road and telecom connection and livelihood.
- A Budget of Rs 15,000 crore will be dedicated to this mission in the next three years. The scheme will benefit 3.5 lakh tribals.
- Indian refiners have begun paying for most of their Russian oil purchased via Dubai-based traders in United Arab Emirates dirhams instead of U.S. dollars.
- Anoushka Shankar, a nine-time Grammy nominated sitar player, producer, film composer, and activist, will perform at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards Premiere Ceremony on February 5th, 2023 and has received two Grammy nominations this year, making her the first Indian female musician to achieve this feat.
- Actor Chitrashi Rawat, who played the role of hockey player Komal in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer ‘Chak De! India’, tied the knot with her boyfriend Dhruvaditya Bhagwanani.
- Filmmaker Priyadarshan’s son Siddharth Priyadarshan tied the knot in Chennai on Friday. He got married to Merlin who is an American citizen and visual effects producer.
- AGNIVEER RECRUITMENT PROCESS CHANGED, CANDIDATES TO SIT FOR ONLINE TEST FIRST: The Army has announced a change in its recruitment process for Agniveers as candidates will first have to take an online common entrance examination (CEE) at nominated centres, followed by physical fitness tests during recruitment rallies and then medical tests before the selection. The first online CEE is scheduled in April 2023 at approximately 200 locations, Army officials said.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has initiated the process to find a replacement for the AN-32 transport aircraft in service. It has issued a Request For Information (RFI) for the procurement of a Medium Transport Aircraft (MTA) with a carrying capacity of 18 to 30 tons.The RFI was issued on December 9, 2022.
- European missile maker MBDA will line up its latest missile systems in the upcoming Aero India, focusing on equipping its weaponry systems to all branches of the Indian armed Forces after arming Indian Air Forces’ Rafale fighter jets with game-changing missile systems. The biennial Aero India-2023 show is scheduled at Air force station Yelahanka from 13 to 17 February in Bangalore.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) may have to face a new competitor in the race to build a new light tank for the Indian Army.
- The Kalyani Group may enter the race to build 354 light weight tanks for the Indian Army.
- Indian Army’s Western Command has carried out a series of integrated military drills and validation exercises to uphaul operational preparedness and striking capability. Headquartered at Haryana’s Chandimandir, the Western Command deployed the Charging Ram Division, Agnibaan Brigade, Air Defence Brigade, Panther Sappers, and the Golden Arrow Division under the series of exercises. The series of military drills began on January 26 and culminated on 1 February 2023.
- Brazil sank a decommissioned aircraft carrier in the Atlantic Ocean on Friday, the navy informed. The hull of the Sao Paulo was sunk at a location where the sea is 5,000 metres deep to mitigate the impact on the marine ecosystem.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India, France and UAE agree for trilateral cooperation initiative, in fields including energy, defence and economy.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan on Saturday met President Ranil Wickremesinghe among other top Sri Lankan leaders. The MoS promised India’s “continued commitment” to assist the crisis-hit island nation.
- British Deputy High Commissioner for Tamil Nadu &Puducherry Oliver Ballhatchet & Chennai Port Trust chairman Sunil Paliwal to inaugurate International Education Fair of Hindu Education Plus at Loyola College Chennai.
- NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar or NISAR, an Earth science satellite being jointly built by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), got a send-off ceremony in California before it ships out to its last stop — India.
- National Security Advisor Ajit Doval is all set to meet his UK counterpart Tim Barrow in London.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has concluded its first round of “tough talks” with Pakistan and said that Fund will share nine tables — comprising macroeconomic and fiscal framework — with the Pakistani authorities which will pave way for holding policy-level talks next week.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia to launch a Proton-M rocket to carry fourth Elektro–L meteorological satellite into orbit.
- Ex-Pakistan PM Imran Khan on Saturday instructed workers and supporters of his party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), to prepare for a ‘Jail Bharo’ movement over the alleged custodial torture of PTI leaders
- World Health Organization committee has found that the risk of circulating vaccine-derived polioviruses is higher in the world.
- Portugal will send German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, PM Antonio Costa announced on Saturday.
- Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said if Ukraine procures advanced weapons from the US, it will trigger retaliatory strikes from Russia up to the extent of its nuclear doctrine.
- Russia and Ukraine announced on Saturday that they have released more than 170 prisoners of war (POWs) as part of the latest prisoner swap between them. Moscow said Ukraine freed 63 Russian troops, including some “special category” prisoners whose release was secured following mediation by the UAE. Meanwhile, Kyiv informed that Russia released 116 Ukrainians from its captivity.
- Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur unveils mascot, theme song and jersey for third edition of Khelo India Winter Games to be held in Gulmarg from the 10th of February.
- Badminton Association of Jammu & Kashmir (BAJK) to organisie 49th J & K Union Territory Badminton Championship-2022-23 at Indoor Sports Complex, Badminton Hall MA Stadium, Jammu.
- Bhaichung Bhutia’s academy, Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools (BBFS), to conduct selection trials for its residential academies (boarding schools with football training) at Guru Nanak Stadium, Ludhiana.
- India lost to Denmark in first round of Davis Cup World Group 1 play-offs in Hillerod on Saturday. India’s Sumit Nagal won second match to level the tie after Yuki Bhambri lost to world number nine Holger Rune in first match. Rohan Bopanna and Bhambri were defeated in doubles match before Nagal lost to Rune in the reverse singles.
Motto : जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी (Sanskrit)
Janani Janmabhumishcha Swargadapi Gariyasi
“Mother and Motherland are Greater Than Heaven”
Frmn Kingdom : 25 Sept 1768
- Current constitution
20 September 2015
- President : Bidya Devi Bhandari
- Vice Prez : Nanda Kishor Pun
- PM : Pushpa Kamal Dahal
- Currency = Nepalese rupee (Rs, रू) (NPR)
1 Indian Rupee = 1.61 Nepalese Rupee
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Quit India Movement, also known as the August Movement, was a movement launched at the Bombay session of the All-India Congress Committee by Mahatma Gandhi on 9 August 1942, during World War II, demanding an end to British rule in India.
😀Thought of the day
CHANGE IS NATURE OF LIFE
BUT CHALLENGE IS AIM OF LIFE
SO U HAVE TO CHALLENGE THE CHANGES, NOT CHANGE THE CHALLENGES
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu got an invitation to a party which said ‘Red Tie Only.”
When he went to the party, he was surprised to see that other were wearing pants and shirts also😳😟….😂😅🤣
Why must we sleep at night?
Sleep keeps us healthy and functioning well. It lets your body and brain repair, restore, and reenergize. If you don’t get enough sleep, you might experience side effects like poor memory and focus, weakened immunity, and mood changes.
Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Healthy sleep also helps the body remain healthy and stave off diseases. Without enough sleep, the brain to cannot function properly.
परिश्रमो मिताहारः भेषजे सुलभे मम |
नित्यं ते सेवमानस्य व्याधिर्भ्यो नास्ति ते भयम् ||
parishramo mitaahaarah bheShaje sulabhe mama
nityam te sevamaanasya vyadhirbhyo naasti te bhayam
Hard work and light food. This is the readily available medicine for any disease. If you do these daily, you shall not be afraid of any ailment.
मेहनत और हल्का खाना। यह किसी भी बीमारी के लिए आसानी से उपलब्ध होने वाली दवा है। अगर आप इन्हें रोजाना करते हैं तो आपको किसी भी बीमारी का डर नहीं रहेगा।
स्मरण • (smaraṇ,): smŕti Recall
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How did fish rain occurs?
Scientists say that ” fish rain ” usually occurs when swirling whirlwinds over relatively shallow water develops into waterspouts and sucks in almost anything in the water including fish, eels and even frogs. The marine life can be carried long distances by buffeting clouds even when the waterspout stops spinning.
In July 2016, there were reports and pictures of fish “falling from the sky” on Mumbai Pune Expressway.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
WHAT IS NATO?
NATO stands for the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, and is also known as the North Atlantic Alliance.
Its purpose is to guarantee the freedom and security of its members through political and military means. There are currently 30 countries in NATO, including the UK, US and much of western Europe. NATO was founded in April 1949 in Washington DC. Its headquarters are in Brussels in Belgium.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Commander Abhilash Tomy, KC, NM is an Indian naval officer and yachtsman, known for becoming the first Indian to complete a solo, non-stop circumnavigation of the world under sail in 2013, and his participation in the 2018 Golden Globe Race.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Hit the nail on the head
Do or say the exact thing
Lazy × Industrious/ Energetic
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Hanuman Chalisa (literally Forty chaupais on Hanuman) is a Hindu devotional hymn (stotra) addressed to God Hanuman. It has been authored by 16th-century poet Tulsidas in the Awadhi language and is his best known text apart from the Ramcharitmanas. The word “chālīsā” is derived from “chālīs”, which means the number forty in Hindi, as the Hanuman Chalisa has 40 verses.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Boiling water along with carom seeds (ajwain), Garlic and tulsi leaves can help to keep the cough in check. It also helps in relieving chest congestion.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼