𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
05 Dec (Sunday)
Hemant Ritu, Shukla पक्ष
Month: Agrahayana 16, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 1 (Amanta)
Titi: Pratipada (up to 9:27 am)Dwitiya
Vikram Samvat – 2078, Ananda
Shaka Samvat – 1943, Plava
Purnimanta – Agrahayana
Amanta Month – Agrahayana
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 04:17 PM – 05:36 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 127.55 Crore.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of multiple development projects to the tune of Rs 18,000 crore in Dehradun on 04 Dec (Saturday).
- The Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor which will be built at a cost of around 8,300 crore rupees. It will significantly reduce the travel time from Delhi to Dehradun from six hours to around 2.5 hours. It will have Asia’s largest wildlife elevated corridor of 12 kilometres for unrestricted wildlife movement.
- A bridge across River Ganga next to the Lakshman Jhula will also be constructed. The world renowned Lakshman Jhula was constructed in 1929, but has now been closed due to decreased load carrying capacity. The Prime Minister has also laid the foundation stone for the Child-Friendly City Project, Dehradun, to make the city child friendly by making the roads safer for their travel.
- PM Modi inaugurated seven projects, including those which focus on making travel safer by tackling the problem of chronic landslides in the region. He also inaugurated the 120 MW Vyasi Hydroelectric Project, built over River Yamuna at a cost of over 1,700 crore rupees, along with a Himalayan Culture Centre in Dehradun.
- UGC NET 2021 : Exam scheduled on Dec. 5 in Odisha & Andhra Pradesh cancelled due to Jawad Cyclone
- WEEKEND UPDATES LINK
- WEEKEND UPDATES LINK
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Srikakulam district is witnessing continuous rainfall and wind speeds over 50 kmph ahead of Cyclone Jawad landfall.
- Following detection of a new C-variant, Omicron, in Bengaluru, the AP government sounded an alert along the Karnataka border of the state, to prevent spread of the virus.
- Quick reflexes made Vijayawada-Vizag IndiGo pilot save the flight from major disaster on Friday evening. While landing around 4.30 in the evening, the pilot felt the ATR aircraft was vibrating due to high-speed winds caused by the cyclone Jawad and instead of landing the aircraft, he took it back to the Vijayawada airport to the safety. The air traffic control cleared the flight for landing earlier.
- HARYANA govt has directed that schools in 4 districts-Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat, and Jhajjar should remain closed until further notice. The decision has been taken after taking into consideration the deteriorating air quality.
- KARNATAKA : In line with the fresh norms following the Omicron variant scare, the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru on Saturday said two per cent of the passengers coming from countries, which are not in the ‘at risk’ category, will undergo random testing on arrival at the airport.
- Omicron in India has been reported in Karnataka. Following this, the Karnataka government has decided to take decisions to mitigate the spread of the variant. Thus, events in educational institutions have been put off till January 15, 2022.
- MAHARASHTRA : NCP chief spokesperson Nawab Malik on Saturday said there could not be a united opposition without the Congress, but parties outside the UPA camp should also be part of such an alliance.
- TELANGANA : Konijeti Rosaiah, former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh has passed away on Saturday morning. He was 88. He served as the 15th chief minister of Andhra Pradesh from 2009 to 2010. Rosaiah became Chief Minister on September 3, 2009, following the death of incumbent Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
- WEST BENGAL : State government on Saturday evacuated thousands of people in South 24 Parganas and Purba Medinipur districts and urged tourists in popular sea resorts to stay away from beaches, as Cyclone Jawad loomed large over the Odisha-Andhra Pradesh coast.
- Veteran British actor Antony Sher passed away aged 72 due to cancer, Antony was known for playing roles in several Shakespearean plays.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurates DRI’s 64th Founding Day celebrations :: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman congratulated the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence and its officers on their performance and commendable service, especially during the pandemic. The apex anti-smuggling intelligence and investigation agency functioning under the aegis of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs celebrated its 64th Founding Day in New Delhi on 04 Dec.
Karnataka veteran Kannada director-actor Shivaram passed away on 04 Dec (Saturday ( at the age of 83 due to a brain haemorrhage. Shivaram worked in over 200 Kannada films. Shivaram’s last rites will take place with full state honours.
- India President, Vice President and Prime Minister have greeted all Navy personnel, veterans and their families on Navy Day 04 Dec. In a tweet, President Ram Nath Kovind said, besides safeguarding maritime security and protecting our interests in the sea, our Navy also played a stellar role in coping with the COVID-19 related crises.
- Navy Day: World’s Largest National Flag Exhibited Near Gateway Of India :: The national flag, measuring 225 feet in length and 150 feet in width, was conceptualised and manufactured by the Khadi and Village Industries and Commission. This was done under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, an initiative to celebrate 75 years of Independence. The flag weighs 1,400 kg.
- Union Minister for Home affairs Amit Shah reached Jaisalmer today on a two-day visit to Rajasthan. He was given guard of honour by the Border Security Force. Later, the Home Minister offered prayers at Tanot Mateshwari temple. He paid homage to the martyrs by laying a wreath on the Vijay Stambh in tanot.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said that the government’s aim is to achieve the defence export target of 35,000 crore rupees by 2024-25
(a) Navy Recruitment 2021, Apprentice Vacancy :: The last date to apply online: December 5, 2021. Educational qualification
The applicant Candidates should have passed SSC/Matric/ Std X with 50 percent marks (aggregate) and ITI (NCVT/SCVT) with 65% (aggregate)
The last date to receive the application: December 14, 2021
Written examination for all trades at DAS(Vzg) – January 27, 2022
(b) BRO Recruitment 2021 Notification: The Border Roads Organization (BRO) under the Ministry of Defence has released an indicative notification for the post of Multi Skilled Worker (Painter), Multi Skilled Worker (Waiter), Vehicle Mechanic and Driver Mech. Transport (OG) in the employment newspaper dated 4 December, 2021
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The govt has “no proposal for banning any ‘NSO Group'” and has no information on whether or not the United States has blacklisted the Israeli firm that developed the Pegasus spyware.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin will pay an official visit to New Delhi on Monday for the 21st India-Russia Annual Summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The leaders will review the state and prospects of bilateral relations and discuss ways to further strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Indonesia’s Mount Semeru erupted on Saturday, spewing out a tower of smoke and ash that plunged local communities into darkness and forced thousands of nearby residents to flee.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- Berlin, Germany: German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday urged Germans to get vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Russian space agency Roscosmos said that NASA chief Bill Nelson will visit Russia in 2022, reported news agency Interfax. As per the report, Roscosmos said that the NASA chief will hold talks on cooperation over the International Space Station (ISS). This comes after US had said that Russia hampered space activities for years due to an anti-satellite test.
- Brazil’s Rio cancels New Year’s Eve celebration due to Omicron fears : The Mayor of Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo Paes, cancelled the official New Year’s Eve celebration after the first known cases of the Omicron COVID-19 variant were detected in Brazil.
- Islamic countries will discuss the Afghan crisis during a meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation on December 19 in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad. Delegations from the European Union and the so-called P5 group of the US, Britain, France, Russia and China have also been invited.
- India vs New Zealand:
New Zealand spinner Ajaz Patel became the third bowler in history after ex-England spinner Jim Laker and ex-India captain Anil Kumble to take all 10 wickets in a Test innings.
India take 332-run lead after Ajaz Patel’s 10-wicket haul, spinners run riot at Wankhede
- Team India captain Virat Kohli and head coach Rahul Dravid visited the New Zealand dressing room to congratulate Ajaz Patel on taking all the 10 Indian wickets in an innings in the second Test in Mumbai.
- Indian cricketers will travel to South Africa later this month despite the threat of new COVID-19 mutant Omicron as the BCCI is convinced that the bio-bubble being created by the CSA will be safe and secure for the players.
- The tour comprises three Tests, three ODIs and four T20 Internationals and is scheduled to start on December 17 at the Johannesburg.
- Haryana’s Manu Bhaker won women’s 10M Air Pistol gold medal for the second successive time, shooting 241.6 in the final of the ongoing 64th National Shooting Championship in Tughlakabad on Saturday. She beat Shri Nivetha by 1.7 points for the gold. Bhaker has now won three of the last four nationals in the event. Qualification topper Esha Singh won bronze.
- Indian shuttler PV Sindhu entered the final of BWF World Tour Finals after beating Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi 21-15, 15-21, 21-19 in the semi-final. She defeated Yamaguchi within one hour and 10 minutes. Sindhu will now take on South Korea’s An Seyoung in the final
- The Russian Tennis Federation beat Germany in the Davis Cup semi-finals on Saturday, to set up a final clash with 2018 Davis Cup winners Croatia in Madrid. World number two Daniil Medvedev beat Germany’s Jan-Lennard Struff 6-4, 6-4, before world number five Andrey Rublev beat Dominik Koepfer 6-4, 6-0 gave Russia a 2-0 victory in the tie.
- India to meet France again at Hockey Men’s Junior WC for 3rd-place finish
India will meet France once again at FIH Hockey Men’s Junior World Cup 2021 in Bhubaneswar on Sunday as both teams will play for a third-place finish. India lost to France 4-5 in their opening match of the tournament. Germany defeated India 4-2 in semi-final on Friday.
$USD 75.24💷GBP 99.56
MALAYSIA :: Kuala Lumpur.
The currency : Malaysian ringgit (Malaysian dollar)
1 Malaysian Ringgit =
PM of Malaysian: Ismail Sabri Yaakob
WEST BENGAL : KOLKATA
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Gvnr : Shri Jagdeep Dhankhad
🥇Gold ₹49,550@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.67
⛽ Diesel ₹ 89.79
LPG : ₹926/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 57,696.46
NIFTY : 17,196.70
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
In December 1950, by signing the “India – Sikkim Peace Treaty”, Sikkim became India’s protectorate. India took control of Sikkim in April 1973 as its associate state as the people overthrew the monarchy.
On 15 May 1975 the President of India ratified a constitutional amendment that made Sikkim the 22nd state of India.
The origin theory of the name Sikkim is that it is a combination of two Limbu words: su, which means “new”, and khyim, which means “palace” or “house”.
Capital : Gangtok
😀Thought of the day
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
JOKE OF THE DAY
एक लड़के की नई-नई शादी हुई, पहली बार ससुराल गया…
साली से बोला : आपके गांव में सबसे मशहूर चीज़ क्या है?
साली : एक ही चीज मशहूर थी… वो भी आप ले गए!! 😄
Simple explanation of Sunni/Shia tension and the Middle East crisis
(Note: Source of Info took from the Internet)
The split between Sunni and Shia goes back to the death of the Prophet Muhammed in 632 CE. It was about the succession. Some Muslims were democratic in their approach and thought the leader of Islam should be elected from among the learned and devout. They chose Abu Bakr, a close friend and companion of the Prophet, who became first Caliph, secular leader of the Islamic nation. His followers claimed the title of “Sunni,” or followers of the tradition of the Prophet. Other Muslims believed in a hereditary solution and chose to follow Ali, the Prophet’s cousin and son-in-law. They became known as Shia, or party of Ali, or people of the Prophet’s household. Their leaders were known as Imams and they followed a line of succession appointed by Muhammed. This dynastic approach has some similarities with the Christian ideas of the divine right of kings and the apostolic succession in the Catholic and Anglican churches, and it continues to characterise Shia practice today. It is no longer dynastic but it does confer a sort-of infallibility on its leaders
Uninterrupted practice of discrimination (between real and unreal)is the means to liberation and the cessation of ignorance.
निरंतर अभ्यास से प्राप्त निश्चल और निर्दोष विवेकज्ञान हान(अज्ञानता) का उपाय है।
Bull : वृषभः
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Match stick is made
Wood is cut, into small matches, soaked in fire retardant ammonium phosphate and left to dry. Striking end of the stick is then soaked in hot paraffin wax, which will provide small amount of fuel to the wood, enabling it to burn more easily. … One to serve as a base, and one as a finalized layer of match head.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
5 December – International Volunteer Day
5 December – World Soil Day
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
(a) Jai Singh (5 December 1653 – 23 September 1698), was the Maharana of Mewar Kingdom, ruling from 1680 to 1698.
He was a son of Mahanara Raj Singh I.
Jai Singh fought a series of battles against Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.
(b) Shikhar Dhawan (born 5 December 1985) is an Indian international cricketer.At the 2015 World Cup, he was the leading run-scorer for India and in the following year, became the fastest Indian to reach 3,000 ODI runs.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
You can’t have your cake and eat it too
You can’t have everything
Foolish – Wise
Evaluate – Assess
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति ।
नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरि जलेऽस्मिन् संनिधिं कुरु ॥
Gangge Ca Yamune Cai[a-E]va Godaavari Sarasvati |
Narmade Sindhu Kaaveri Jale-[A]smin Sannidhim Kuru ||
1: O Holy Rivers Ganga and Yamuna, and also Godavari and Saraswati,
2: O Holy Rivers Narmada, Sindhu and Kaveri; Please be Present in this Water (and make it Holy).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Many people around the world don’t get enough iron. Cumin is very dense in iron, providing almost 20% of your daily iron in one teaspoon.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼