Today’s top news:
- The Delhi Metro is undertaking conversion of its remaining fleet of 6-coach trains into 8- coach trains by adding 120 additional coaches on the Red (Line-1 i.e. Rithala to Shaheed Sthal New Bus Adda), Yellow (Line-2 i.e. HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli) and Blue Line (Line-3/4 i.e. Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida Electronic City/Vaishali) of the Delhi Metro network.
- In Maharashtra Section 144 would be imposed in the state during daytime between 7 AM and 8 PM Night curfew between 8 PM and 7 AM. The Maharashtra Cabinet has decided against imposing a full lockdown in the state. However, as cases soar beyond peak pandemic numbers and the situation in the state remains ‘grim’, several more curbs are likely to be put in place soon.
- The state government has announced a weekend lockdown from 8 pm on Friday to 7 am on Monday. Apart from the weekend lockdown, strict restrictions will be in force from Monday 8 pm onwards.
- India 2015 contestant and model Diksha Singh who is making her debut in politics by contesting the upcoming Uttar Pradesh panchayat elections filed her nominations from Jaunpur on Sunday (Aptil 4, 2021). Diksha Singh, a Miss India runner up, was nominated for the post of Zilla Panchayat member on Sunday.
- Forest fires in Uttarakhand flared up over the past day prompting the Centre to rush two helicopters to the state on Sunday to bring the situation under control.
- A group of an estimated 400 Maoists, armed with Light Machine Guns, had ambushed security forces deployed for a special operation, killing at least 22 personnel and injuring 30 others , besides decamping with over a dozen sophisticated arms, officials said on Sunday.
- Bodies of 17 jawans recovered from encounter site in Chhattisgarh; toll mounts to 22. 18 jawans were missing after five security personnel were killed on Saturday in a fierce gunbattle with Naxals.
- The Union home minister condoled the death of the security personnel in the encounter and said their valour will never be forgotten. The government will continue its fight against the enemies of peace and progress, he added. President Ram Nath Kovind expressed deep anguish over the death of the security personnel.
- Actor-turned- politician Jaya Bachchan is likely to visit West Bengal on Monday (April 4) to campaign for Trinamool Congress (TMC) candidates for the ongoing assembly elections.
- South Indian Superstar Rajnikanth announced that he would be honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award which he dedicates award to ‘bus driver’, friend who pushed the star to opt for acting. He thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the government of India, as well as several others including Raj Bahadur, the bus driver who would inform him of acting auditions during his days as a bus conductor.
- Bollywood star Akshay Kumar took to Twitter to announce that he has tested positive for Covid-19. The actor joins the long list of stars who tested positive recently, including Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor among others.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Shashikala Om Prakash Saigal, breathed her last at her residence on Sunday (April 4) at the age of 88.
- All educational institutions, including schools, colleges and universities, will remain closed up to April15 in Himachal Pradesh as precautionary measure given the Covid-19 situation in the state.
- PM Modi is expected to visit France in May during his visit to Europe for the Indian EU summit. PM Modi will be in Portugal for the India EU summit on May 8, and France will be part of it. The Prime Minister had last visited France in 2019, when French President Emmanuel Macron had invited him for the G7 summit in Biarritz.
- India will receive another 8 to 9 Rafale jets from France by mid-May , with some expected later this month, completing the first squadron of the fighters in the Indian Air Force (IAF),
- The government of Bangladesh on Sunday announced that all public transport services including roads, waterways, railways and domestic flight will remain suspended during the week-long lock-down in the country starting from Monday.
- The military government of Myanmar has charged 40 celebrities including social media influencers, singers and models for encouraging the civil disobedience movement, supporting the Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH) and disturbing peace and stabilibty in the nation.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will set out plans to reopen the economy and eventually relaunch international travel on Monday when he updates the coronavirus roadmap, aided by one of the fastest vaccine rollouts in the world
- Britain’s government is planning to trial a coronavirus status certification plan over the coming months to allow the safe return of mass gatherings at places like sports grounds and nightclubs.
- Gunmen killed an anti-terrorism court judge and his family on Sunday as they travelled from the Swat Valley in northwest Pakistan to the capital Islamabad,
- Former India skipper and Hyderabad Cricket Association president, Mohammad Azharuddin on Sunday offered the state body’s facilities to BCCI to host the upcoming IPL matches in case the games are shifted out of COVID-hit Mumbai
- The BCCI has decided to keep Indore and Hyderabad as stand by venues for the upcoming IPL beginning on April 9 following a massive surge in COVID-19 cases in Mumbai, which is scheduled to host 10 games. The move came after 10 groundsmen of the Wankhede Stadium and a few event managers had tested positive for the deadly virus.
- The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI), the governing body of the Olympic sport of Shooting in the country, announced a 15-member Indian contingent for the upcoming Tokyo 2020 Olympics in July.
- World No.1 Pramod Bhagat won the gold medal at the Dubai Para Badminton tournament in SL4 category defeating his Indian counterpart Kumar Nitesh on Sunday
$USD 73.44 💷GBP 101.43
🥇Gold ₹46,960@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,78 0@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.68
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.47
LPG : ₹ 809.00/14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Indus Valley Civilisation is the world’s oldest civilisation & most advanced and continuous civilisation
Thought of the day
Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
Joke of the day
Pappu : जिस दिन सोचता हूँ, की ज़िन्दगी में बहुत बड़े बड़े
काम करने है
साला उसी दिन घरवाले गेहूँ पिसवाने भेज देते है
Largest delta……. Sundarbans (India & Bangladesh)
Why Mango is in yellow colour?
The deep yellow colour of mango fruits is due to the presence of beta carotene a common phytochemical within a group of 600 known carotenoids. Similarly the red colour development in apples and purple colour development in grapes are due to the formation of anthocyanin pigments in their skin.
How it works ⁉
How does fins and gills help fishes ?
The gills (found under the gill covers) allow the fish to breath. As water moves over the surface of the gills, oxygen is absorbed – like lungs in land creatures. … The Fins help the fish swim. The large muscles of the body actually do most of the work, but the fins help with balance and turning
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Mahishasura was a buffalo Asura (Demon) in Hinduism. He is known among Hindus as a deceitful demon who pursued his evil ways by shape-shifting. Mahishasura was the son of Mahisi (Buffalo), and the great-grandson of Brahmarshi Kashyapa. He was ultimately killed by Goddess Durga – after which She gained the epithet Mahishasuramardini (“Slayer of Mahishasura”). The Navaratri (“Nine Nights”) festival eulogizes this battle between Mahishasura and Durga, culminating in Vijaya Dasami, a celebration of his ultimate defeat.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tejpatta or Indian Bayleaf help manage high cholesterol due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It lowers the level of total blood cholesterol, bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides. The heart-healthy fats present in Tejpatta also improves the level of good cholesterol.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼