Today’s top news:
- The first consignment of COVID-19 vaccine, Covishield, arrived in Delhi on Tuesday, ahead of the nationwide inoculation drive launch SpiceJet carried the vaccine from Pune to Delhi.
- The Supreme Court recently cleared the Central Vista Project that covers a three kilo metre stretch between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate. Following this, the Heritage Conservation Committee (1983 : protect heritage buildings) has approved the construction of a new parliament.
- The Reserve Bank of India introduced the Legal Entity Identifier system for all payment transactions of fifty crores and above through NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) and RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement). Under the system, the banks have to include information of the remitter and beneficiary.
- The Supreme Court recently suspended the implementation of three farm laws to end the disagreement between the farmers and Government of India . All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee (AIKSCC) welcomed the stay on the implementation of the farm laws, it added the repeal of the farm laws is the only solution as the implementation can be reinstated at any point in time.
- The Supreme Court has directed to form a committee to resolve the issue. The apex court also indicated that it was highly disappointed with the negotiation process between the farmers union and the union government. The central government and the farmer unions were unable come to a conclusion even after eight rounds of talks.
- What are the Farm Laws? (a) Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020. This act creates a national framework for contract farming between farmer and buyer. (b) Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020. The act permits inter-state and intra-state trade of farmers produce beyond the premises of Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC). The act abolished market fee. It allows electronic trading. Also, it facilitates lucrative prices for the farmers through alternative trading channels to promote barrier free inter-state and intra-state trade of agricultural produce.
(c) Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.
- Why are the farmers protesting against the Farm Laws?
The laws lay the framework to sell the produce directly to the corporates. The farmers do not trust the corporates. According to the farmers, this might end the Minimum Support Price system in the country.
- _Why are the protests high in Punjab and Haryana ? The agriculture in Punjab and Haryana is high as Green revolution was first introduced in these states. So are the MSP procurement in these states. Around 89% of rice produced in Punjab and 85% produced in Haryana are procured by the Government.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Centre to file an affidavit on its claim that some banned organisations including ‘Khalistanis’ have infiltrated the ongoing farmers protest against the new farm laws.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice on a plea filed by the Delhi Police seeking to stop a proposed tractor rally by protesting farmers on Republic Day.
- The Allahabad high court will hear today a plea against the acquittal of all 32 accused , including Bharatiya Janata Party veterans L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, in the Babri mosque demolition case.
- Fresh bird deaths were reported on Tuesday, including over 900 from Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan, amid cases of avian influenza in 10 states and union territories, with the Centre saying it has issued advisories on testing and maintaining sufficient stock of PPE kits for culling operations.
- Karnataka cabinet expansion set for Wed; 7-8 ministers to take oath : Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa said .
- Narcotics Control Bureau arrested the co-owner of the famous MUCCHAD PAANWALA in connection with the ongoing probe into various drug cases. The shop has been running since the 1970s in Kemps Corner with a growing clientele every year. In fact, in 2016, it became the first ‘paan’ outlet to host its own website to take online orders from his discerning customers.
- India’s biggest online-education startup Byju’s has signed a deal to acquire brick & mortar test prep leader Aakash Educational Services Ltd. for $1 billion
- The second edition of coastal Defence Exercise Sea Vigil-21 is to be conducted between January 12 and January 13, 2021. : The Sea Vigil exercise will be undertaken along the 7,516 kilo metres coastline. It involves all the thirteen coastal states, Union Territories and the Exclusive Economic Zone. Also, the exercise involves the fishing and coastal communities. The exercise is conducted by the Indian Navy. The Sea Vigil is a build-up towards the major theatre level exercise TROPEX that the Indian Navy conducts every two years.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria on Monday visited Ladakh and discussed operational issues with senior officers of the Air Force and the Army, amid the standoff between India and China in eastern Ladakh.
- Covishield : COVID-19 vaccine to be made available in private markets at Rs 1,000 after SII gets requisite permission, says CEO Adar Poonawalla
- Kerala to get first COVIshiled vaccine consignment over 4 lakh doses on 13 Jan 2021
- Coronavirus Cases:
- The police forces of India and Bangladesh will enhance their work against terrorist entities including the Global Terrorist Groups as well as other fugitives wherever they are present and active. The decision was taken during the delegation level dialogues between the police chiefs of India and Bangladesh held virtually .
- The One Planet Summit was held on January 11, 2021. The summit aims to advance the protection of nature : It was organised by United Nations, World Bank and France.
- WhatsApp says your privacy won’t be affected; WhatsApp recently announced that it is updating its terms of service and privacy policies from February 8, 2021. After facing a lot of backlash from users over privacy concerns, the Facebook-owned messaging app has now issued a clarification that your privacy won’t be affected if you don’t use its two optional features.
- India will send 100 troops to Russia for S-400 training : It is planned that 100 Indian interns will be trained to operate and use S-400 Triumph anti-aircraft missile systems in combat conditions.
- US planned to assist India against China after Doklam’ : Declassified document says US to offer India military, intelligence support against China.
- No reduction of troops on border with China, says Army chief
Hoping for an amicable solution from the military talks with China, Gen Naravane says the forces are alert and ready for any eventuality
- In East China’s Shandong Province, 22 workers are trapped underground after an explosion in an under-construction gold mine . Due to damage the communication system sustained in the blast, rescuers have so far been unable to contact the trapped workers.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) team of international experts to investigate the origin of the novel coronavirus will arrive in the Chinese city of Wuhan from Singapore on Thursday .The coronavirus was first detected in the central city of Wuhan in late 2019 and has since spread around the world, infecting more than 90,500,000 people and killing nearly 2 million.
- The United States recently designated Cuba as a state sponsor of terrorism. The United States lists the countries that repeatedly provide support for acts of international terrorism under the State Sponsors of Terrorism. The list was first released in 1979 with Iraq, Libya, Syria and South Yemen in it. Cuba was added in 1992, Iran in 1984. Later North Korea and Sudan were added in 1988 and 1993 respectively.
- The Chinese govt is considering to nationalise Jack Ma’s Alibaba and the Ant Group
- Indonesia plane crash: Navy divers retrieve black box from Java Sea
- British PM Boris Johnson said that the country is in a “race against time” to vaccinate as many people as possible before the virus reaches them.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) and the Badminton Association of Thailand (BAT) on Tuesday cleared Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal and HS Prannoy for the Thailand Open.
- Australia vs India, 4th Test: Virender Sehwag Offers To Play In Brisbane. India have been hit with a long-list of injuries and even Jasprit Bumrah has been ruled out.
- AUSTRALIA VS INDIA : 4th Test , Border-Gavaskar Trophy, 2020/21, January 15, 2021
$USD 73.26 💷GBP 99.76
🥇Gold ₹52,670@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 81.08
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.11
Facts about India
Makar Sankranti is an Indian festival celebrated in almost all parts of India and Nepal in lots of cultural forms. It is a harvest festival.
Thought of the day
7 Quick Happiness Tips :-
Don’t listen to gossip.
Ignore what people say about you.
Design your own life.
Look for the good in every situation.
Develop an attitude of gratitude.
Once it’s past, let it go.
Joke of the day
Pappu ka interview : Batao woh kaun si Aurat hain jisko 1OO% pata hota hain ki uska Husband kahan hain?
Pappu ne apna dimag lagaya aur bola
ONGC – Oil Natural Gas Corporation
Why Sankranti Pongal is celebrated
According to the Hindu (Indian) calendar Makar Sankranti is a festival celebrated at Mah 1st of Hindu (Indian) Solar Calendar for the happiness of getting new crops for farmers. It also symbolizes the end of the winter solstice which makes the day last longer than night.
Makar Sankranti marks the transition of the Sun into the zodiac sign of Makara (Capricorn) on its celestial path. The day is also believed to mark the arrival of spring in India and is a traditional event. Makara Sankranthi is a solar event making one of the few Indian festivals which fall on the same date in the Gregorian calendar every year: 14 January, with some exceptions when the festival is celebrated on 13 January.
पूर्ण poorna : complete
How it works ⁉
Working Principle LED : A light-emitting diode is a two-lead semiconductor light source. It is a p–n junction diode that emits light when activated. When a suitable voltage is applied to the leads, electrons are able to recombine with electron holes within the device, releasing energy in the form of photons.
🛕 VEDIC GYAN
Other names of Mata Parvathi पार्वती: Uma, Gauri, Shakti, Urvi, Hemavati, Aparna, Kamakshi
Ganga (elder sister)
Vishnu (celestial brother)
Sarva-Mangala-Maangalye Shive Saarvartha-Sadhike Sharanye-Trayambake Gauri Narayani Namostute; Om Namo Bhagavati Parvatey namaha
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
- Good for digestion : Jaljeera contains black salt, which is good for digestion. It helps in heartburns, relieves from intestinal gas and rehydrates the body.
- Prevents anaemia : Cumin content helps in preventing and treating anaemia as it is the excellent source of iron. It even improves immunity and keeps your body cool.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼