04 Mar (Friday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 16, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 02 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Uttara Bhadrapada/Revati
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 8:45 pm) Tritiya
Rahu Kaal : 11:11 AM – 12:38 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted that over 97% of India’s adult population has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. “Rapidly marching towards achieving 100% first dose mark,” he added. Notably, at a press meet today, ICMR’s Dr Balram Bhargava said the first dose of vaccine is 98.9% effective in preventing mortality.
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar during the Tech Conclave 2022 has said, the country has immense opportunities in the electronics manufacturing sector. He said, new technologies in information technology and electronics will play a crucial role in the digital governance and making a robust digital economy.
- Tourism Ministry has started Swadesh Darshan Awards in different categories. It has also invited entries from states and Union Territories of India. The Ministry said that the awards will highlight best practices including achievement of planned objectives, innovative approach, adoption of sustainability principles in planning, design and operations
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued a draft notification for validity of fitness certificate and registration mark of the motor vehicle to be exhibited on the vehicles in the manner as prescribed in the draft rulesg
- High-Level Committee of Ministry of Home Affairs has approved ₹ 1,682.11 crores of additional Central assistance to Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry for floods/landslides that occurred during the year 2021 KIDS GK QUIZ Link https://youtu.be/tFvOUliEjVY
- Polling concludes for 6th phase of assembly elections in UP; Campaigning ends for 2nd & final phase of assembly polls in Manipur .
- IIT-Kanpur study predicting a fourth wave of COVID-19 in July this year, the govt on 03 Mar said it looks at such studies with due respect but it is yet to examine whether this particular report has a scientific worth or not.
- INDIA METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT. has warned of strong winds and light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers along and off the Tamil Nadu, South Andhra Pradesh coasts.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : the AP High Court on 03 Mar said that the state government should follow the CRDA Act and ordered it to develop Amaravati as the capital, as per the master plan, within six months.
What is CRDA act in AP?
The Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Act, 2014 under Section 10(1)(c)(i), provides for regulation of development activities in accordance with the development plans and regulations, and to bring aesthetics, efficiency and economy in the process of development within the jurisdiction of Capital Region
- HIMACHAL : According to state Govt 8.38 lakh rural households of Himachal Pradesh provided tap water under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Two people were killed and 14 others were left injured as a Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus fell into a gorge in Mandi district. Mandi Superintendent of Police Shalini Agnihotri informed that the accident took place on 03 Mar at Jhir village of Sarkaghat sub-division. The injured people were taken for treatment to a nearby hospital.
- J&K : The Union Territory administration of Jammu and Kashmir is in touch with the families of all the 32 persons from Jammu who are stranded in war-torn Ukraine.
- LADAKH , the Social & Tribal Welfare Department Secretary Padma Angmo has issued new rules for reservations for Economically Weaker Sections, EWS, in the jobs. The persons belonging to EWS and not covered under the scheme of reservations for SCs, STs and Actual Line of Control, ALCs of bordering villages, shall get Ten percent reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the administration of Ladakh.
- MAHARASHTRA : The budget session of Maharashtra Legislature will begun in Mumbai o. 03 Mar. The session will begin with the address of Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari. Finance minister Ajit Pawar will present the budget for fiscal 2022-23 on March 11.
- TAMIL NADU State Human Rights Commission has ordered the state govt to pay Rs 2 lakh as compensation to student Lois Sophia who was arrested in 2018 for raising anti-BJP slogans before former Tamil Nadu Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Tamilisai Soundararajan at Tuticorin airport.
💷 GBP 101.27
BSE Sensex 55,102.68
NIFTY : 16,498.05
- IPO-bound Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has appointed Sunil Agrawal as its chief financial officer (CFO).
- State Bank of India, the nation’s largest lender, has stopped processing transactions of Russian entities that have been sanctioned by the West over Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine. SBI operates a joint venture in Moscow called Commercial Indo Bank Llc, where Canara Bank is another partner with 40 per cent stake.
- Vodafone Idea to raise ₹ 4,500 crore by issuing shares to promoters
Vodafone Idea (Vi) on Thursday said its board has approved raising ₹ 4,500 crore by issuing shares to its promoters on preferential basis. The firm will issue up to 3.39 billion shares at ₹ 13.30 a share, 20% premium to its current market price, to Vodafone Group’s Euro Pacific Securities and Prime Metals and Aditya Birla Group’s (ABG) Oriana Investments
- Actor Randeep Hooda on 02 Mar underwent knee surgery at a Mumbai hospital after sustaining an injury on the set of his upcoming series ‘Inspector Avinash’. The actor reportedly suffered the injury while filming a combat sequence for the series.
- CBI refutes Indrani Mukerjea’s claim that Sheena Bora is alive
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has refuted former media executive Indrani Mukerjea’s claim that her daughter Sheena Bora is alive and residing in Srinagar. Responding to Mukerjea’s plea for an investigation of the claim, the agency said, “The plea filed by Mukerjea is frivolous, in which wild claims are made that are not sustainable.
- Defence Ministry to host 12th edition of biennial Defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, from 10-14 March in Gujarat.
- DefExpo is Asia’s largest exhibition on land, naval, and homeland security systems. 930 exhibitors have registered for the event so far, with significant attendance of Foreign Defence Ministers as well.
- According to the Ministry of Defence, the DefExpo-2022 will be a hybrid business event, with the exhibition planned at the Helipad Exhibition Centre and seminars at Mahatma Mandir Convention and Exhibition Centre. A live demonstration of weapons and defence platforms is also being planned at the Sabarmati River Front in Ahmedabad.
- Over 140 aircraft of IAF to take part in VAYU SHAKTI 2022 in Pokhran, Rajasthan on 7th March.
(a). French-made Rafale fighter aircraft will be participating for the first time in exercise Vayu Shakti-2022 that is held every three years at Pokhran in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer on March 7.
(b). PM Modi will be the chief guest at the event. The exercise is aimed at showcasing the IAF’s capability to conduct full spectrum operations,
(c). A total of 148 aircraft, including fighter jets, helicopters and transport aircraft from seven air bases spread across the country would be participating in this exercise. This is largest-ever participation of Indian Air Force’s platforms. These include 109 fighter jets, 24 choppers, seven transport aircraft and four Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi participates in QUAD Leaders’ virtual meeting on 03 Mar; Focus on developments in Indo-Pacific :. Modi joins US President Joe Biden and prime ministers of Australia and Japan at a virtual meeting of Quad leaders which is taking place amid the Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) had said the leaders will exchange views and assessments about important developments in the Indo-Pacific. The Quad leaders will reportedly discuss the implications of war against Ukraine for the Indo-pacific region. The foreign ministers of the Quad grouping had held extensive talks in Melbourne last month
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QSD), colloquially the Quad or QUAD, is a strategic security dialogue between the United States, India, Japan and Australia that is maintained by talks between member countries.
- Civil Aviation Ministry said nearly 7 thousand Indians have returned from Ukraine through special civilian flights as well as Indian Air Force flights and Nearly 18,000 Indians have left Ukraine since advisories issued by MEA. 18 flights have been scheduled. Of these, 3 IAS C 17 flights, and the other flights are commercial including Air India, Indigo and Spice Jet.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia, Ukraine agree on humanitarian corridors to evacuate civilians : Following the second round of negotiations between Russia and Ukraine, Russia has agreed on humanitarian corridors to evacuate civilians, a Ukrainian official said. “Unfortunately, the results Ukraine needs are not yet achieved,” tweeted Ukraine’s presidential advisor Mykhailo Podolyak. The other key issues on the agenda were immediate ceasefire and armistice.
- Sit down with me to negotiate, just not at 30 metres: Ukraine President to Putin
Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on 03 Mar called for Russian President Vladimir Putin to “sit down” with him for negotiation. “Sit down with me to negotiate, just not at 30 metres,” Zelenskyy said. Reports said he was apparently referring to recent photos of Putin sitting at one end of an extremely long table when he met with French President Emmanuel Macron
- Global crude oil prices hit nine year highs of 115 dollars per barrel mark in intra-day trade amid worries over supply constraints due to Russian military operation in Ukraine.
- France says, China can play important role in ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine.
- The U.N. human rights office said on Thursday that it had confirmed 249 civilians have been killed and 553 injured in Ukraine during the first week of the conflict following Russia’s invasion.
- ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022 : The 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup is the twelfth edition of the Women’s Cricket World Cup, which is being held in New Zealand in March and April 2022. It was originally scheduled for 6 February to 7 March 2021 but was postponed by one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Host : New Zealand
Participants : 8 teams
Total Matches : 31
- Mar 04, Fri
New Zealand Women vs West Indies Women
1st Match at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
06:30 IST / 01:00 GMT
- SRI LANKA TOUR OF INDIA, 2022
India vs Sri Lanka,
Starts at 09:30 IST, Mar 04 (04:00 GMT)
- The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) on Thursday said Russian and Belarusian athletes will be banned from the Winter Paralympics. The decision comes after the IPC faced international backlash and threats of boycotts by other teams for announcing a day before the athletes would be allowed to compete as neutrals. A 71-member Russian contingent and 12-member Belarusian team are in Beijing.
Formation : 01 Nov 1956
Governor : Arif Mohammad Khan
CM :Pinarayi Vijayan
Districts : 14
🥇 Gold ₹51,600@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 73,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.04
⛽ Diesel ₹94.17
LPG : ₹909/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India’s only female execution room was built in Mathura jail nearly 150 years ago during the British rule in 1870. But no female convict has been hanged there since Independence.
Rattan Bai Jain, executed on 3 January 1955 at Tihar Jail, is presumed to be the first woman executed in independent India.
😀 Thought of the day
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu To Boss: I Got To Definitely Have A
Salary Increase, Three Other Companies Are
Boss : Really? Which Are The Three Companies?”😳⁉️
Pappu : The Electricity Company, The Telephone
Company And The Gas Company🤔🙄
Why hair colour will be black
Hair color is the pigmentation of hair folliclesdue to two types of melanin: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Generally, if more eumelanin is present, the color of the hair is darker; if less eumelanin is present, the hair is lighter. The darker a person’s natural hair color is, the more individual hair follicles they have on their scalp. Levels of melanin can vary over time causing a person’s hair color to change, and it is possible to have hair follicles of more than one color on the same person. Particular hair colors are associated with ethnic groups. Gray or white hair is associated with age.
सर्वं परवशं दुःखं सर्वं आत्मवशं सुखम् ।
एतद्विद्यात्समासेन लक्षणं सुखदुःखयोः।। – – मनुस्मृतिः
sarvaṃ paravaśaṃ duḥkhaṃ sarvaṃ ātmavaśaṃ sukham ।
ētadvidyātsamāsēna lakṣaṇaṃ sukhaduḥkhayōḥ।।
भावार्थ : जो सब दूसरों के वश में होता है, वह दुख है। और जो सब अपने वश में होता है, वह सुख है। यही संक्षेप में सुख एवं दुख का लक्षण है।
Meaning : Everything that is in other’s control is painful. all that is in self- control is happiness. This is the definition of happiness and pain in short.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
What are Newton’s laws of motion? How Newtons 3rd law is used?
Newton’s three laws of motion are
In the first law, an object will not change its motion unless a force acts on it. Law of Inertia,
In the second law, the force on an object is equal to its mass times its acceleration. Law of Mass and acceleration
In the third law, when two objects interact, they apply forces to each other of equal magnitude and opposite direction.
Law of Motion.
Examples of Newton’s third law of motion are ubiquitous in everyday life. For example, when you jump, your legs apply a force to the ground, and the ground applies and equal and opposite reaction force that propels you into the air. Engineers apply Newton’s third law when designing rockets and other projectile devices.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
What is BSE?
BSE is formerly known as Bombay Stock Exchange. It was established in the year 1875 and located in Dalal Street in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s first and fastest stock exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. Also, BSE is the first stock exchange to be listed in India.
What is NSE?
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd was incorporated in 1992. It is also the largest financial market in India. It has the highest average daily turnover for equity shares than any other stock market in India. NSE has a vertically integrated business model.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Rohan Bopanna (Born 4 March 1980) is an Indian professional tennis player. His singles career-high ranking was world No. 213 in 2007 and his career-high ranking in doubles was world No.3 in Jul 2013.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Fortune favours the bold
Lucid – Clear
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Lord Ayyappa is the son of Vishnu and Shiva.
Ayyappa = Ayya (Shiva) + Appa( Lord Vishnu ).
Ayyappa’s birth story :: Goddess Durga killed the demon Mahishasur, and his sister, Mahishi set out to avenge her brother’s death.
Mahishi had a boon from Lord Brahma that only a child born of Lord Vishnu and Shiva could slay her, so She was indestructible.
To save the world from annihilation, Lord Vishnu incarnated as Mohini, and wed Shiva, and thus Lord Ayyappa was born.
After the birth of Ayyappa, Shiva and Mohini left the child on the banks of the Pampa River. Then, the ruler of the dynasty, King Rajashekhara, the childless monarch adopted Ayyappa
Ayya + Appa = Hari + Hara. He is also called as Manikanta(one who wears diamond on his neck)
Ayyappa kills Mahishi and the curse was fullfilled ( Dattathreya cursed his wife Leelavati to take birth as Mahishi(sister of Mahishasura).
परोपदेश वेलायां शिष्टाः सर्वे भवन्ति वै |
विस्मरन्तीव शिष्टत्वं स्वकार्ये समुपस्थिते ||
Paropadesha vlaayaam shishthaah sarv bhavanti vai.
Vismaranteeva shishthatvam svakaarye samupasthite.
While giving advice to others people behave politely,
but when a situation arises where they have to follow the same advice they conveniently forget it
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
SUNSTROKE is known as Surya Santap in Ayurveda. Pitta dosha is primarily involved in trishna of surya santap
Cold sponging all over the body is the simplest measure. For better results, add a teaspoonful of rose water to the cold water before sponging.
The person should be given adequate liquids if the situation permits.
If raw mangoes are available, boil two mangoes in two glasses of water for 15-20 minutes. Strain the boiled contents and give it to the affected person. Use half a cup or so at a time. You may add salt or sugar to it.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼