Today’s top news:
- The National Water Mission’s (NWM) campaign called “Catch the Rain” will be launched in states and is set to nudge the stakeholders . The government has requested the state governments to open Rain Centres in each district, collectorates or Municipalities or Gram Panchayats in order to facilitate these activities.
- The AAP on Wednesday won four out of five civic wards in Delhi bypoll, the Congress won one while the BJP drew blank
- A terrorist hideout in the forest area of Seer/Pastoona J&K was busted by a police team along with 42 RR and 180 Bn CRPF on Wednesday .
- Chhattisgarh Police Force Recruits 13 Transgender Constables
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will receive his first dose of coronavirus vaccine Thursday morning at the city”s LNJP hospital.
- Karnataka BJP leader Ramesh Jarkiholi tendered his resignation as Water Resources Minister on Wednesday, following the controversy over the alleged “sex for job” scandal.
- Election Commission of India (ECI) on Wednesday directed all petrol pump dealers and other agencies to remove hoardings advertising central government schemes that carry photographs of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from the premises of the facilities within 72 hours.
- Supreme Court Wedunesday sought a response from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on the bail plea of activist Gautam Navlakha in the alleged Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case.
- The National Investigation has registered a case against a terror outfit, Lashker-e-Mustafa, which works for the proscribed terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad.
- Tamil Nadu AIADMK party VK Sasikala on Wednesday announced that she was quitting politics claiming that she never aspired for power ,In her letter, she asks for MGR-Jaya’s golden rule to continue in Tamil Nadu and requests Amma’s (Jayalalithaa’s) loyalists to ensure that evil force DMK doesn’t come to power.
- Yashoda Jayanti is observed on the Shashti tithi of Krishna paksha in the Hindu month of Falgun. This year, Yashoda Jayanti falls on March 4, 2021. The day is widely celebrated in ISKCON and Krishna temples located all around the world. On this day, women keep a fast for their children wishing for their well being. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Krishna was born to Maa Devaki, however, he was brought up by Maa Yashoda.
- Indian film star R Madhavan’s son Vedaant did his father proud by winning bronze for India at the Latvian Open Swimming Champion event. Madhavan, the proud father, shared the news on social media along with pictures.
- The Income Tax raids against Bollywood figures Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu in Mumbai.
- President Ram Nath Kovind was administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at an army hospital on Wednesday and urged all eligible citizens to get vaccinated.
- Coronavirus Cases :
- India will commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on Thursday on the sidelines of the Maritime India Summit 2021 being held in Delhi . The virtual event will see the participation of ministers from Afghanistan, Armenia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and the Uzbekistan.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar will be visiting Dhaka on Thursday (March 4, 2021) to finalize the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bangladesh later this month . During the visit, S Jaishankar will call on Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina and will also hold talks with Bangladesh’s Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen.
- Cabinet approves MoU between India, Fiji for cooperation in the field of agriculture
- India, Norway to jointly conduct marine spatial planning in Lakshadweep and Puducherry
- Myanmar refugees in India protest against coup : About 300 refugees from a Christian minority community from Myanmar on Wednesday held a protest in New Delhi against last month’s military takeover in their country and demanded the immediate release of detained leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- China’s biggest annual political meetings known as the “Two Sessions” or ‘lianghui’ will kick off in Beijing on Thursday at the Great Hall of the People amid stringent COVID-19 restrictions , at a time when China is facing a number of major political challenges, including the aftermath of the coronavirus and the ongoing rivalry with the United States.
- Imran Khan calls for vote of confidence in Pakistan Assembly after major upset in Senate After failing to gain a majority in the Pakistan Senate , the country’s FM Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Wednesday said that Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence.
- Myanmar security forces shot and killed nine people during protests against the military coup on Wednesday , Two people were killed during clashes at a protest in the country’s second-biggest city Mandalay, a witness and media reports said, and one person was killed.
- US Vice President Kamala Harris spoke with Australian PM Scott Morrison and both leaders discussed ‘reaffirming the strength’ of both nations. In the telephonic conversation, according to the White House press release, Harris and Morrison discussed the future opportunities for further cooperation on global as well as regional challenges such as climate change, China, Burma among others.
- World Bank on Tuesday raised an emergency COVID-19 vaccine fund to help start the mass vaccination campaign for the vulnerable groups in at least 30 African countries
- Gurdeep Singh of the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party on Wednesday became the first turban-clad Sikh representative from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan’s Senate when he defeated rival candidates on a minority seat by a huge margin in the election to the upper chamber of Parliament.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
4th Test, Anthony De Mello Trophy, 2021, March 4, 2021
India will go up against England in the 4th and final Test match of the England Men’s tour of India 2021. The match is scheduled to begin at 9:30 AM IST from the Narendra Modi Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad on March 4, 2021.
- World Cup-winning captain and former India all-rounder Kapil Dev on Wednesday received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine . Kapil, 62, took the vaccine
$USD 72.89 💷GBP 101.92
🥇Gold ₹46,510@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.31
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.74
LPG : ₹ 826.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
India’s only female execution room was built in Mathura jail nearly 150 years ago during the British rule in 1870. But no female convict has been hanged there since Independence. The only mention of this hanging room in India can be found in the UP Jail Manual, 1956, which lays out elaborate rules for the execution of women convicts on death row.
UP’s Shabnam may be the first woman to be hanged after India’s Independence.The incident dates back to 2008, when Shabnam along with her lover Saleem, had axed to death seven of her family members including children’s.
Thought of the day
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
Joke of the day
Pappu : aaj meri bakri ne pehla anda diya hai!
Frnd :bakri kaise anda de sakti hai?
Pappu :Arre yaar maine apni murgi ka naam bakri rakha hai Thought of the day*
Why hair colour will be black
Hair color is the pigmentation of hair folliclesdue to two types of melanin: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Generally, if more eumelanin is present, the color of the hair is darker; if less eumelanin is present, the hair is lighter. The darker a person’s natural hair color is, the more individual hair follicles they have on their scalp. Levels of melanin can vary over time causing a person’s hair color to change, and it is possible to have hair follicles of more than one color on the same person. Particular hair colors are associated with ethnic groups. Gray or white hair is associated with age.
🤷🏻♂️ GK Today 💁🏻♂️
What is BSE?
BSE is formerly known as Bombay Stock Exchange. It was established in the year 1875 and located in Dalal Street in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s first and fastest stock exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. Also, BSE is the first stock exchange to be listed in India.
What is NSE?
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd was incorporated in 1992. It is also the largest financial market in India. It has the highest average daily turnover for equity shares than any other stock market in India. NSE has a vertically integrated business model.
How it works ⁉
How an Electrical Cable Is Made
A conductor is a material in which electricity can flow through. Electrical conductors are made up of metals such as, copper, aluminum, etc. These metals are used to make wires. Most wires are made out of copper because it conducts electricity with high flexibility and very little resistance.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
परोपदेश वेलायां शिष्टाः सर्वे भवन्ति वै |
विस्मरन्तीव शिष्टत्वं स्वकार्ये समुपस्थिते ||
Paropadesha vlaayaam shishthaah sarv bhavanti vai.
Vismaranteeva shishthatvam svakaarye samupasthite.
While giving advice to others people behave politely,
but when a situation arises where they have to follow the same advice they conveniently forget it
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
How to Prevent Pimples
Properly wash your face
To help prevent pimples, it’s important to remove excess oil, dirt, and sweat daily. Washing your face more than twice a day may make acne worse, however.
Don’t wash your face with harsh cleansers that dry skin. Use an alcohol-free cleanser
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼