04 Feb (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Shishir
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Magha 29, (Purnimanta)
Magha 14, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra:Punarvasu (up to 9:16 am) Pushya
Tithi: Chaturdashi (up to 9:30 pm)Purnima
Rahu: 09:55 AM – 11:18 AM
Yamaganda : 02:03 PM – 03:26 PM
INDIAN BUDGET 2023 https://youtu.be/ztFfm3HNNrQ
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The first Tourism Working Group (TWG) Meeting will be held at Dhordo in Rann of Kutch in Gujarat from 7th to 9th of February, as part of the G-20.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya said that perception shift towards wealth creators has led to a favorable ecosystem for new businesses and a rising economy in the country.
- Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya chairs CEO Conclave at PLASTINDIA 2023.
- Madhya Pradesh government announced that Islam Nagar village, situated in the Bhopal district, has been renamed as Jagdishpur with immediate effect.
- A delegation of Bharatiya Postal Employees Federation has called on Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh in New Delhi on Friday.
- President Droupadi Murmu said that the Union Budget 2023-24 aims to create growth opportunities for citizens especially the youth, inclusive development, and achieve many other national objectives.
- Union Home Minister and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah to lay the foundation stone of IFFCO Nano Urea Fertiliser plant worth Rs 450 crore in Deoghar, Jharkhand.
- Indian Railways will set up convenience stores at 2,000 Railway Stations across the country, where items of basic needs will be available. Mail and express train coaches to be converted into Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) in the next three years to ensure passenger safety.
- Government of Delhi constituted the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
- The Government of Goa has launched the Vision for All School Eye Health program in partnership with One Sight Essilor Luxottica Foundation and Prasad Netralaya.
- Maharashtra government announced the Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha as the state song, which is usually performed at school cultural events on May 1, second only to the national anthem. The song will now be played on official occasions.
- The Government of India is to increase the number of PACS (Primary Agricultural Credit Societies) to two lakhs in the next five years.
- The Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) organized an exhibition on Medieval Indian Dynasties by a division of the Union Ministry of Education and featured 50 different dynasties in the exhibitions. ICHR Rejected Inclusion of Muslim dynasties in Exhibition.
- Kerala’s Finance Minister K. N. Balagopal presented the latest state budget in the Legislative Assembly.
- Both the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day. Protests by opposition parties over the Hindenburg Research’s report on Adani Group and other issues continued to disrupt the proceedings in both Houses of Parliament for the second consecutive day on Friday.
- Haryana CM ML Khattar said that the state’s Scheduled Caste (SC) employees will get a reservation in promotions.
- Madhvendra Singh appointed as the first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Gujarat Ports Infrastructure Company Limited of the Gujarat Maritime Cluster.
- The Supreme Court on Friday issued notice to the Centre and sought a report within three weeks over an appeal against the ban on a controversial BBC documentary ‘India: The Modi Question’.
- J&K: Six terrorist associates arrested in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district, in a joint operation by Kulgam police & Army’s 9 Rashtriya Rifles on Friday. Incriminating materials including huge cache of arms & ammunition were recovered from their possession.
- Fire breaks out near Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan, Katra, J&K. No casualty reported.
- Five people were killed and three injured after a speeding car overturned and hit another car on the Lucknow-Agra Expressway in Unnao on Friday. The deceased included a 40-year-old man, his wife, daughter, sister-in-law and mother-in-law.
- A case has been filed against Rajasthan’s Minister of State for Sainik Welfare and Panchayati Raj Rajendra Gudha and others for allegedly kidnapping a man and taking a blank cheque from him
💷 GBP ₹99.39
BSE Sensex: 60,841.88 +909.64 (1.52%) 🔼
NIFTY: 17,854.05 +243.65 (1.38%)🔼
- India’s overall coal production increased by 12.94 per cent to 89.96 Million Tonnes from 79.65 Million Tonnes during the month of January 2023.
- The Food Corporation of India FCI has sold over eight Lakh Metric Tonnes of wheat under the Open Market Sale Scheme (Domestic) on the first day of e-auction across 22 states.
- The Centre has clarified that it is committed to release funds for wage and material payments for proper implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, MGNREGA.
- Government on Friday clarified that it has nothing to do with the issues related to Adani Group.
- India welcomes Congo into International Solar Alliance. The External Affairs Ministry said Ambassador of Republic of Congo, Raymond Serge Bale signed the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement in the presence of Joint Secretary.
- The group’s flagship company Adani Enterprises has been removed from the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices effective February 7.
- After the Hindenburg report, Gautham Adani who was the second richest person in the world slipped to the 21st position according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. In the last ten days, he lost 108 billion USD. Hindenburg alleged Adani of stock manipulation.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has imposed monetary penalties on Bank of Baroda, North East Small Finance Bank and KrazyBee Services for rule violations. The central bank imposed a ₹30 lakh penalty on Bank of Baroda and ₹42.48 lakh on KrazyBee Services.
- Veteran director and Dadasaheb Phalke award winner K Viswanath Kasinathuni Vishwanath passed away following brief illness at a private hospital in Hyderabad on Thursday. He was 92 years. Born on February 19, 1930 at Pedapulivarru in Guntur district, Andhrapradesh.
- Noted Kannada writer K.V. Tirumalesh, 82 years, passed away in Hyderabad. He was suffering from age-related illnesses.
- The Indian Defense Forces conducted firepower exercises called the “TRISHAKTI PRAHAR” to synergize the firepower assets and to orchestrate a battle. The exercise is important to keep the forces ready for battle. The exercise was conducted by the Indian Air Force, CAPF, and the Indian Army.
- The Chief of Defence Staff, General Anil Chauhan visited the Line of Control and forward formations of the Army in Kashmir yesterday, February 3
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi emerges as world’s most popular leader with approval rating of 78%. This was revealed in a Global Leader Approval Ratings released by a US based consulting firm Morning Consult.
- Ganga Vilas river cruise is a momentous development that shows the power of the river systems to connect India and Bangladesh and its people, says the High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Pranay Verma.
- Ganga Vilas, the world’s longest river cruise of over 3200 kilometres, is set to arrive in Bangladesh on Friday, February 3, on its 50-day long journey that was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Varanasi on January 13.
- The 1st Sustainable Financial Working Group (SFWG) meeting was attended in person by 95 delegates from G20 member countries, 10 invitee countries and 14 international organisations like IMF, World Bank, UNDP among others.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Australia Announced Decision to Remove British Monarchy from its Banknotes.
- Former British colonies are deciding on their constitutional ties with Britain. For instance, India renamed the Rajpath to Kartavya Path. Similarly, Australia is to remove the face of the British Monarch from its currency bills. The changes are being made to the five dollar bills of Australia.
- Sri Lanka, the depression over Bay of Bengal has made landfall at the east coast of Sri Lanka and is moving across the island. Cloudy sky will prevail over most parts of the island and thundershowers with over 100 mm of rain.
- US-Philippines Deal on Military access: According to reports, The United States Government has built more than 750 military bases all over the world. And more than 120 military bases in Asia alone.
- S State Secretary Antony Blinken has postponed an official visit to China after a suspected Chinese surveillance balloon was spotted flying over the US.
- Pope Francis on Friday landed in Juba, the capital of South Sudan, as part of the final leg of his tour of the African continent
- Indian badminton player B Sai Praneeth lost to Youth Olympic Games champion Li Shi Feng of China in the quarter-finals of the Thailand Masters 2023 men’s singles event in Bangkok on Friday.
- India thrashed Bhutan by 12 goals to NIL in their opening match of the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under 20 Women’s Championship, in Dhaka on Friday. Hosts Bangladesh and Nepal are the other teams in the tournament.
- The French leg of 2024 Paris Olympics torch relay will begin in Marseille, a port city in southern France, in the spring of 2024.
- Auction for inaugural Women’s Premier League (WPL) will reportedly take place on February 13 in Mumbai. The first-ever edition will be played between five teams, with each team having a purse of ₹12 crore
Frmn : 30 March 1949
Districts : 33
Gvnr : Kalraj Mishra
CM: Ashok Gehlot (INC)
🥇Gold ₹ 60,670 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 70,200 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 109/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1,057/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Chauri Chaura incident took place on 4 February 1922 at Chauri Chaura in the Gorakhpur district of the United Province (modern Uttar Pradesh) in British India, when a large group of protesters participating in the Non-cooperation movement, clashed with police who opened fire. In retaliation the demonstrators attacked and set fire to a police station, killing all of its occupants. The incident led to the death of three civilians and 22 policemen. Mahatma Gandhi, who was strictly against violence, halted the non-co-operation movement on the national level on 12 February 1922, as a direct result of this incident.
😀Thought of the day
“Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are not nice, but because YOU are nice!.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
“Saheb Break fail ho gayi hai, Gaadi rukti nahi, kya karu?”
Passenger* :- “PEHLE TU METER BAND KAR.!”
why red light is used in danger signals
The major reason for red to be used as a danger signal is its wavelength. … Now, among the colors of visible light, red has the longest wavelength. Hence, it is least scattered by the atmospheric particles. As a result, whether it is fog or smoke, red light passes comparatively easily through them.
arthasya purūṣō dāsa: sa cha jātu na kasyacit
पुरुष अर्थ (सम्पत्ति) का दास है, अर्थ किसी का दास नहीं हो सकता
Man is the slave of wealth and wealth never of any man.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
There was another more advanced shadow clock or sundial in use by the ancient Egyptians around 1500 BC. This shadow clock or sundial permitted one to measure the passage of hours within a day.
Another very early form of clock to tell the time was the water clock. The water clock was used by the ancient Greeks.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Every year on 4 February World Cancer Day is observed globally and is celebrated by WHO to aware people of the disease Cancer and how to cure it. 2020 theme is ‘I Am and I Will’. According to WHO, the theme is an empowering call-to-action urging for personal commitment and represents the power of individual action taken now to impact the future.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Brijmohan Mishra, popularly known as Pandit Birju Maharaj, (born 4 February 1938), is an exponent of the Handia (Rikhipur), Allahabad. Kalka-Bindadin gharana of Kathak dance in India.
He is a descendant of the Maharaj family of Kathak dancers, which includes his two uncles, Shambhu Maharaj and Lachhu Maharaj, and his father and guru, Acchan Maharaj.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Under his thumb
Under his control
Justice × Injustice
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Pandavas, lost in the dice game, have to go to the forest for 13 years of which the last year will have to be spent in disguise. If they are found and recognized in that last year, then they will have to go to the forest for another 12 years.
After spending the first 12 years in the forest, the Pāṇdavas decided to spend the thirteenth year in the Matsya kingdom which was ruled by King Virāta. To hide their identity during the disguise period, they introduced themselves with new names at the new place.
Yudhishthira With name of Kanka, Bhima of Vallaba, Arjuna with the name of Brihannala, Nakula as Granthika, Sahadeva with name of Tantipala, and Draupadi as Sairandhri.
Kanaka, the name of Yudhistira is given by Draupadi.
Kanaka become minister of Virata king because he is well versed in Politics.
Vallabh (Bhima) is good cook. Became the chief cook in the Palace.
Brihnnala (Arjuna) Became the dance teacher of Uttara.
Grantika(Nakula) he looked after horses in the kingdom. Tantipala gone to graze the cows. Draupadi in name of Sairandhari became the hair dresser of Queen Sudeshna but Bhim not allowed her and Draupadi apologize him.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tulsi leaves, Camphor and water, Pour two cups of water in a pan. Add some tulsi leaves and bring to boil until the water becomes half. Strain and have it warm. This helps to soothe throat pain and soreness.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼