04 Feb (Friday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Magha 18, (Purnimata)/ Magha 03 (Amanta)According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Sukla Paksha Chaturthi upto 3:47 am, followed by Panchami
Rahu Kaal : 11:18 AM – 12:40 PM TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s Covid vaccination coverage has crossed 168.40 crore mark. Union Health Ministry said, over 94 crore 63 lakh vaccine doses have been administered as first dose and more than 72 crore 38 lakh vaccine doses given as second doses
- India plans to execute the Chandrayaan-3 mission this August, Minister Jitendra Singh told
- Supreme Court refused to postpone this year’s Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2022 exams amid the third wave of the coronavirus disease. The Apex Court pointed out that delaying the exams might lead to chaos and uncertainty among students. GATE 2022 is scheduled to be held physically on February 5, 6, 12, and 13.
- Union Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on Thursday informed the Lok Sabha that so far, six crore new drinking water connections have been given in the country.
- Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri appealed the state governments to decrease VAT on fuel prices so that rates will go down. Replying to questions in the Lok Sabha on the issue of rising fuel prices, Mr Puri said that the prices on diesel and petrol depend on international crude prices
- The main accused of multi-crore scam in Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank and former director of the bank Daljeet Singh Bal has been arrested near Indo-Nepal border in Raxaul in Bihar.
- Reserve Bank of India cancels the licence of Nashik based Independence Co-operative Bank Limited. According to an official statement, the bank will not be allowed to carry out any operations henceforth and a liquidator will be appointed soon.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman allocated funds to the Ministry of Railways this year. The Budget 2022 documents show that the railway ministry has been allocated Rs 1,40,367.13 crore. Nearly 2,000 km of the rail network will be brought under the indigenous world-class technology named ‘Kavach’. ‘Kavach’ or कवच in Hindi means armour What is KAVACH technology?
It is an anti – collision technology. It was indigenously developed. It is SIL4 certified. The technology will help India achieve its goal of zero accidents. The technology will stop the train as soon as it detects another train in the same track within a specific distance. Also, the technology will stop the train if it identifies manual error.
Working of KAVACH
The technology uses micro processors, global positioning system and radio communication. The anti – collision devices are mounted on the trains. The devices receive inputs from the satellite. They communicate with each other through modems. They apply automatic brakes when detect another train in the same track.
- GOA : No sale of liquor in North Goa :. Sale of liquor in bars, pubs, shops, clubs and shacks in North Goa won’t be allowed after 11 pm till the model code of conduct remains in force. The state will go to the polls in single phase on February 14. Liquor sale in Goa has been banned from February 12 to 15 and on counting day on March 10
- HIMACHAL: Shimla and Manali on Thursday witnessed snowfall. Kufri and Narkanda also experienced snowfall.
- J&K:: Mayor Srinagar, Junaid Azim Mattu on Wednesday visited the young acid attack victim at SMHS Hospital in Srinagar and handed over his one-month’s salary to the victim’s family and assured them of his complete support and solidarity.
- At least six persons were killed in a road accident that took place at Keshwan area in Kishtwar district of Jammu region on Thursday, According to the officials, a vehicle bearing registration number JK17-5809 skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge near Nagriana.
- Odisha : Physical classes from class 8 to above will begin from February 7 in Odisha, KG to class 7 from February 14.
- TELANGANA : PM Modi will visit Hyderabad on 5th of February. He will visit the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics campus in Patancheru, Hyderabad and kickstart the 50th Anniversary celebrations of the Institute. In the evening, Prime Minister will dedicate the ‘Statue of Equality’ in Hyderabad to the nation.
- The 216-feet tall Statue of Equality commemorates the 11th century Bhakti Saint Sri Ramanujacharya, who promoted the idea of equality in all aspects of living including faith, caste and creed. The Statue is made of ‘panchaloha’, a combination of five metals. These are gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc. It is among one of the tallest metallic statues in sitting position in the world. It is mounted on a 54-feet high base building, named ‘Bhadra Vedi’. It has floors devoted for a Vedic digital library and research centre, ancient Indian texts, a theatre, an educational gallery detailing many works of Sri Ramanujacharya. The statue has been conceptualised by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram.
- UTTARAKHAND : Rahul Gandhi is set to visit Uttarakhand on February 5 and meet party workers in the state, ahead of the upcoming state Assembly elections. Gandhi will also address a virtual poll campaign in Haridwar and Haldwani Assembly seats,
💷 GBP 101.70
BSE Sensex 58,788.02
NIFTY : 17,560.20
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 1 said the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will launch a central bank digital currency (CBDC) in 2022-23,.
- What is digital rupee? And how will it work? What is a CBDC?
A central bank digital currency is the legal tender issued in digital form.
It is the same as a fiat currency but the form is different and is exchangeable one-to-one with government-issued money.
In other words, CBDC is the same as the legal currency we use. Just that it’s in a digital form.
- How does Digital Rupee work?
A CBDC is the digital form of fiat currency and will ease transactions. An RBI report had earlier described CBDC as something that will provide a safe, robust, and convenient alternative to physical cash. Depending on various design choices, it can also assume the complex form of a financial instrument, the RBI report said.
Is CBDC a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin?
No. A CBDC is not a private crypto currency. It is a digital form of legal tender and private virtual currencies are entirely different. Private virtual currencies are at substantial odds with the historical concept of money. They are not commodities or claims on commodities as they have no intrinsic value.
- Lyricist Javed Akhtar has confirmed actor Farhan Akhtar’s wedding with actress Shibani Dandekar, on February 21.
- Former Cricket Indian skipper MS Dhoni unveiled the first look from his graphic novel titled Atharva : Written by Ramesh Thamilmani, the series is produced by Vincent Adaikalaraj and Ashok Manor. The first look features Dhoni in an animated avatar on a battlefield fighting off demon-like creatures.
- Two Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH) Mark-III made by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) were inducted into the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on 02 Feb. The choppers will be stationed at the Coast Guard Aviation squadron in Kochi. The ICG said that these choppers were the ninth and tenth in the series of 16 ALH.
- India is looking for multi-role naval fighters for its newly developed aircraft carrier, IAC-1, which will be called INS Vikrant once it enters service with the Navy. The country’s first indigenous carrier is currently undergoing sea trials.
- The defence ministry has decided to convert the experimental scheme for induction of women fighter pilots in the Indian Air Force into a permanent one.
- India’s defence budget has been increased to Rs 5.25 lakh crore for the next fiscal from last year’s allocation of Rs 4.78 lakh crore. Announcing the defence allocation in her Budget speech, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the govt is committed to reducing imports and promoting self-reliance in defence manufacturing.
- Army Chief Gen MM Naravane on Wednesday held a telephonic conversation with his Australian counterpart Lt Gen Rick Burr with a focus on bilateral defence cooperation. The defence and strategic ties between the two countries have been on an upswing in the last couple of years.
- A district court in Uttar Pradesh has issued a notice to the Prime Minister’s Office over the Indian Army uniform that PM Modi wore last year on his visit to Kashmir. The observation came after a plea was filed at the court in Prayagraj that stated that wearing garb or carrying token used by soldier, sailor or airman is an offence punishable under Section 140 of the Indian Penal Code. Rakesh Nath Pandey has presented an application against PM Modi and has demanded an order to register a case.
NOTIFICATION : Indian Coast Guard has released the notification for recruitment to the post of Assistant Commandant (Group A Gazetted Officer) – General Duty, General Duty (Pilot/Navigator), General Duty (Women/SSA), Technical (Engineering & Electrical & Electronics), Commercial Pilot License (CPL-SSA) and Law for 01/2023 Batch. Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2022 Online Application Link will be available from 16 February 2022 onwards. Candidates will be able to submit their applications till 26 February 2022 till 17.00 hrs.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Ministry of External Affairs is offering internships to graduates with a monthly stipend of ₹ 10,000. India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched an internship programme as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations to commemorate 75 years of independence.
The duration of the internship is three months starting from April till June 2022. The Ministry will be hiring only 75 candidates under this programme in New Delhi. The last date to apply for the internship programme is February 15.
- External Affairs Ministry on Thursday said government is committed to extending humanitarian assistance to the people of Afghanistan.
- India and the UK held consultations of the United Nations in Delhi at the Joint Secretary level. Briefing media, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said both sides briefed each other about the respective priorities in the UN Security Council. Discussions focussed on issues relating to the agenda of the UNSC, particularly counter terrorism, peace keeping, and reforms of the UNSC..
- Foundation stone for third border haat at Kamalpur-Kumarghat on Tripura-Bangladesh border laid on 03 Feb jointly by Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb & Bangladesh Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi.
- The much-awaited next edition of the BIMSTEC Summit is expected to be hosted by current chair Sri Lanka on March 30, with an eye on better regional integration in the Bay of Bengal region amid China’s growing inroads in the area. Sri Lanka is keen to host an in-person Summit of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation, but it could also happen in a hybrid or virtual format, with the seven BIMSTEC members.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is planning to change its national green flag, which bears the Islamic creed or Kalima shahada with a horizontal sword. The decision is the follow up to the kingdom’s unrepresentative consultative Shura Council approving the idea.
- Govt of Bangladesh announces the names of 24 eminent personalities for the award of the country’s second highest civilian honour. Ekushey Padak.
- US President Joe Biden approved the deployment of additional forces in eastern Europe as Washington moves to avert a feared Russian invasion of Ukraine. According to media reports, Under the plan, the US will send about 2,000 American troops to Poland and Germany, while 1,000 troops would move from Germany to Romania.
- Russia has condemned US decision. In a statement Moscow said it was a destructive step which heightened tension and reduced the scope for a political solution.
- Saudi Arabia has said its citizens will be required to take COVID-19 booster shot in order to travel abroad from February 9 onwards. Booster shots will be available to those who have crossed three-month gap after taking their second dose. Visitors will have to produce negative RT-PCR test report within 48 hours from entry into or departure from Saudi Arabia.
- A White House official has said that the leader of ISIS Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi blew himself up along with his family, including women and children, during US’ raid in Syria.
- A least 15 militants and four Pakistani soldiers were killed in two separate encounters in Pakistan’s restive Balochistan province. Terrorists attacked security forces’ camps in Panjgur and Naushki areas of the southwestern province on Wednesday night.
- PRO KABADDI
February 03, 2022
Telugu Titans 25
Tamil Thalaivas 43
- Match 90
Jaipur Pink Panthers 36
Dabang Delhi K.C. 30
- A top US lawmaker on Thursday described as “shameful” China picking a PLA soldeier, who was part of the military command that attacked Indian soldiers in the Galwan Valley in 2020, as a torchbearer for the Beijing Winter Olympics.
- AFC Women’s Asian Cup : Korea dominated proceedings to beat Philippines 2-0 in the semi-finals to advance to their maiden AFC Women’s Asian Cup summit clash on Thursday. The 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup is the 20th edition of the AFC Women’s Asian Cup, the quadrennial international football tournament in Asia. (20 January and 6 February 2022,)
The AFC Women’s Asian Cup is a quadrennial competition in women’s football for national teams which belong to the Asian Football Confederation. It is the oldest women’s international football competition and premier women’s football competition in the AFC region for national teams.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur on Thursday said govt is implementing the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons Scheme. Scheme provides for grant of suitable financial assistance to outstanding sportspersons now living in indigent condition, medical treatment, procurement of sports equipments, participation in national and international events.
- Sachin congratulates Neeraj Chopra for 2022 Laureus Sports Awards nomination: India’s Olympic gold medal-winning javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra on being nominated for 2022 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award.
- THE LAUREUS WORLD SPORTS AWARD for Breakthrough of the Year (known as the Laureus World Sports Award for Newcomer of the Year prior to 2007) is an annual award honouring the achievements of those individuals or teams who have made a breakthrough performance in the world of sports. It was first awarded in 2000 as one of the seven constituent awards presented during the Laureus World Sports Awards. The awards are presented by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, a global organisation involved in more than 150 charity projects supporting 500,000 young people.
- India’s Rohan Bopanna and Ramkumar Ramanathan on Thursday reached the semi-finals of the ATP 250 Tata Open Maharashtra in Pune after beating Alexander Erler and Jiri Vesely 7-6(7-3), 7-6(7-4) in the quarter-finals. The Indian pair will face Sadio Doumbia and Fabien Reboul next.
Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram (or Trivandrum)
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Govnr : Arif Mohammad Khan
Total districts ‘ : 14
Frmd : 1 Nov 1956
🥇Gold ₹49,200 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.36
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.47
CNG ₹ 55.0
LPG : ₹ 909/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Chauri Chaura incident took place on 4 February 1922 at Chauri Chaura in the Gorakhpur district of the United Province (modern Uttar Pradesh) in British India, when a large group of protesters participating in the Non-cooperation movement, clashed with police who opened fire. In retaliation the demonstrators attacked and set fire to a police station, killing all of its occupants. The incident led to the death of three civilians and 22 policemen. Mahatma Gandhi, who was strictly against violence, halted the non-co-operation movement on the national level on 12 February 1922, as a direct result of this incident.
😀 Thought of the day
“Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are not nice, but because YOU are nice!.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
“Saheb Break fail ho gayi hai, Gaadi rukti nahi, kya karu?”
Passenger :- “PEHLE TU METER BAND KAR.!”
why red light is used in danger signals
The major reason for red to be used as a danger signal is its wavelength. … Now, among the colors of visible light, red has the longest wavelength. Hence, it is least scattered by the atmospheric particles. As a result, whether it is fog or smoke, red light passes comparatively easily through them
अर्थस्य पुरूषो दास: स च जातु न कस्यचित् ।
arthasya purūṣō dāsa: sa cha jātu na kasyacit
पुरुष अर्थ (सम्पत्ति) का दास है, अर्थ किसी का दास नहीं हो सकता
Man is the slave of wealth and wealth never of any man.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How did people tell time before clocks?
There was another more advanced shadow clock or sundial in use by the ancient Egyptians around 1500 BC. This shadow clock or sundial permitted one to measure the passage of hours within a day.
Another very early form of clock to tell the time was the water clock. The water clock was used by the ancient Greeks
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
4 February – World Cancer Day
Every year on 4 February World Cancer Day is observed globally and is celebrated by WHO to aware people of the disease Cancer and how to cure it. 2020 theme is ‘I Am and I Will’. According to WHO, the theme is an empowering call-to-action urging for personal commitment and represents the power of individual action taken now to impact the future.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Brijmohan Mishra, popularly known as Pandit Birju Maharaj, (born 4 February 1938), is an exponent of the Handia (Rikhipur), Allahabad. Kalka-Bindadin gharana of Kathak dance in India.
He is a descendant of the Maharaj family of Kathak dancers, which includes his two uncles, Shambhu Maharaj and Lachhu Maharaj, and his father and guru, Acchan Maharaj.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Under his thumb
Under his control
Justice – Injustice
Formerly – Previously
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
What were the names of Pandawas in Agyatwas?
The Pandavas, lost in the dice game, have to go to the forest for 13 years of which the last year will have to be spent in disguise. If they are found and recognized in that last year, then they will have to go to the forest for another 12 years.
After spending the first 12 years in the forest, the Pāṇdavas decided to spend the thirteenth year in the Matsya kingdom which was ruled by King Virāta. To hide their identity during the disguise period, they introduced themselves with new names at the new place.
Yudhishthira With name of Kanka, Bhima of Vallaba, Arjuna with the name of Brihannala, Nakula as Granthika, Sahadeva with name of Tantipala, and Draupadi as Sairandhri.
Kanaka, the name of Yudhistira is given by Draupadi.
Kanaka become minister of Virata king because he is well versed in Politics.
Vallabh (Bhima) is good cook. Became the chief cook in the Palace.
Brihnnala (Arjuna) Became the dance teacher of Uttara.
Grantika(Nakula) he looked after horses in the kingdom. Tantipala gone to graze the cows. Draupadi in name of Sairandhari became the hair dresser of Queen Sudeshna but Bhim not allowed her and Draupadi apologize him.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tulsi leaves, Camphor and water, Pour two cups of water in a pan. Add some tulsi leaves and bring to boil until the water becomes half. Strain and have it warm. This helps to soothe throat pain and soreness
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼