04 Aug (Friday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 18, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 18, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Shatabhisha (up to 7:08 am) Purva
Bhadrapada Uttara Bhadrapada
Tithi : Tritiya (up to 12:45 pm) Chaturthi
Rahu : 10:55 AM – 12:32 PM
Yamaganda : 03:48 PM – 05:25 PM
10 TALLEST STATUES OF THE WORLD…DO YOU KNOW….how many are from india….?
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- CHANDRAYAAN-3 INCHES CLOSER TO MOON: Chandrayaan-3, the Indian Space Research Organisation’s high profile lunar mission completed its orbits around the Earth and moved closer to the Moon this week.
- Chandrayaan-3 is India’s ambitious moon mission, launched from the Earth on July 14. It is expected to land on the moon on August 23.
- The two-year-long celebrations of 75 years of Independence, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav will conclude this month with Meri Mati Mera Desh programme.
- Lok Sabha passed the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill 2023. The Bill seeks to amend the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act 1991.
- IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw introduces Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2023 in Lok Sabha.
- The Pharmacy (Amendment) Bill 2023 was introduced in Lok Sabha. The Bill is to amend the Pharmacy Act, 1948. It was introduced by the Minister of State for Health Bharati Pravin Pawar.
- Rajya Sabha has passed the Advocates (Amendment) Bill, 2023. The Bill seeks to amend the Advocates Act, 1961. The Bill repeals certain sections related to touts under the Legal Practitioners Act, 1879.
- Rajya Sabha has passed the Press and Registration of Periodicals Bill, 2023. The Bill seeks to simplify the online process of title verification and registration of periodicals by the Press Registrar General of Registrar of Newspapers for India (RNI).
- Rajya Sabha passed the Offshore Areas Mineral (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill 2023.
- The Ministry of Railways and the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) signed a memorandum of understanding ((MoU) to establish the India 5G testbed.
- Union Minister of Road Transport Nitin Gadkari informed that 8 thousand 819 kilometers of national highways have been constructed in the North East in the last nine years.
- The Government today granted another extension to Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba for one year.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya M. Scindia has unveiled the new logo of the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) in New Delhi.
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation, DGCA has approved 63 Remote Pilot Training Organisation for providing drone training and skilling. These training schools have certified more than five thousand 500 Remote Pilot Certificates so far.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar jointly launched Study in India (SII) Portal in New Delhi.
- The data protection bill introduced in Parliament on Thursday enables the government “to call for information” from data protection board, data collecting entities or intermediary, and safeguards the Centre from legal proceedings for “action taken in good faith” under the provisions of the legislation.
- The G-20 Ministerial Summit on Women Empowerment concluded in Gandhinagar, Gujarat yesterday. Union Minister for Women and child development Smriti Irani said, for the first time under Indian presidency, grass root women were represented on the G 20 platform.
- KARNATAKA CM Siddaramaiah on Thursday met PM Modi in New Delhi. This was his first meeting with the PM, after the Congress came to power in the state under his leadership, following Assembly polls in May 2023.
- MAHARASHTRA government on Thursday announced its decision to provide free medical services and treatment across all government-run hospitals from August 15.
- ODISHA government dispatched 106 teams to different districts on Thursday as flood fear loomed following heavy rains due to the deep depression.
- TRIPURA CM Dr Manik Shah to inaugurate state-level programme at Unakoti on 5th August: The Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 5.0 programme to begin from 7th onwards till 12th of this month in Tripura will ensure that no pregnant woman and children are left out of immunisation.
- In NAGALAND: Media Sensitization Workshop organized on Intensified Mission Indradhanush 5.0 that to be launch at 7th August. It is a State Media Sensitisation Workshop was organized by the Health & Family Welfare Department Nagaland in collaboration with USAID-supported MOMENTUM Routine Immunisation Transformation and Equity Project in Kohima.
- ANDHRA PRADESH CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Thursday directed the collectors of flood-affected districts — Alluri Sitharamaraju, Eluru, Ambedkar Konaseema and East and West Godavari — to conduct relief and rescue operations effectively.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The GUJARAT Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has arrested three people from Rajkot on Tuesday for their alleged links with terrorist organisation Al-Qaeda. A country-made semi-automatic pistol, live cartridges, radical literature, videos, and other materials were recovered from the terror suspects.
- In HARYANA, 93 FIRs have been registered so far and 176 people have been arrested in connection with the attack on the religious pilgrimage in Nuh on Monday. Internet services suspended till 5th August.
- Allahabad high court on Thursday issued a notice to Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan in a 2019 hate speech case and directed that the record of the trial court as well as appellate court of Rampur be summoned.
- Sashastra Seema Bal, which guards the India-Nepal border, has suspended an inspector and a jawan for alleged dereliction of duty in checking the bus in which Pakistani national Seema Haider entered the country and reached Greater Noida near Delhi.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.79
💷 GBP ₹ 105.27
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,240.68 −542.10 (0.82%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,381.65 −144.90 (0.74%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Belgian firm Sky-Hero has set up a manufacturing facility in Mumbai under a local subsidiary, Sky-Hero India, at which it aims to licence-produce its Loki MK-II unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and Sigyn MkI unmanned ground vehicle (UGV).The Loki Mk-II UAV is a small tactical quadcopter designed to operate in small, dark areas.
- The Unified Payments Interface (UPI) network witnessed remarkable growth in July 2023, setting new records in both transaction volume and value. After a minor dip in June, UPI transactions surged by 44% year-on-year (YoY) and reached a staggering ₹15.34 lakh crore. The number of transactions also hit a new high of 996 crore, a significant increase of 58% compared to July 2022.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd’s demerged entity Jio Financial Services, formerly Reliance Strategic Investments, will be the third-biggest non-banking financial company after the Bajaj Twins—Bajaj Finance and Bajaj Finserv.
- However, at the discovered price of Rs 261.85 per share, the market capitalisation of Jio Financial Services will be around Rs 1.7 lakh crore at the time of listing.
- The Reserve Bank of India has sanctioned the Scheme of Amalgamation of The Navanirman Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd with Rajadhani Co-op. Urban Bank Ltd. Both urban co-operative banks are Hyderabad-based.
- In a bid to warn people against inaccurate information, Sri Lanka’s Central Bank on Wednesday clarified that the Indian Rupee (INR) cannot be used for domestic transactions in the island country.
- The brokerage firm, Morgan Stanley, has upgraded its view on India’s markets to overweight from equal weight, predicting ‘long wave boom’ ahead.
- The brokerage firm believes that India’s reform and macro-stability agenda supports a strong capex and profit outlook. An overweight rating means that the firm expects India’s economy to perform better in the future.
- SEBI put the proposed ₹3,000 crore IPO of National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) in abeyance due to a pending investigation against National Stock Exchange, its primary shareholder.
- Saudi Arabia will extend a voluntary oil output cut of one million barrels per day for another month to include September.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
BOLLYWOOD MOVIES IN AUG 2023
Release Dates of Movie
Kusum Ka Biyaah
Lafzon Mein Pyaar
10 August 2023
11 August 2023
18 August :
Non Stop Dhamaal
Panch Kriti Five Elements
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- No Female Officers Cleared The Criteria For Joining Special Forces, Yet:Despite the Indian Armed Forces allowing women officers to volunteer for induction into its elite special forces, no woman has yet qualified for these units.
- Minister of State in the Defence, Ajay Bhatt, stated in a written reply to the Lok Sabha that women officers in the Indian Armed Forces are eligible to volunteer for induction into the special forces if they meet the selection Qualitative Requirements (QRs) and successfully complete the rigorous training.
- In a bid to promote a common identity and jointness, all Army officers of Brigadier rank and above with effect from 01 August 2023 will start wearing a common uniform. Earlier, they used to wear distinctive insignia, headgear, shoulder and gorget patch, lanyards, shoes and belts of their respective regiments.
- Two Indian Navy ships, frigate ‘INS Sahyadri’ and destroyer ‘INS Kolkata’ are currently on a goodwill visit to Papua New Guinea and will be berthed at Port Moresby from 2 to 4 August.
- Indian Naval teams performed Yoga at the Port Moresby harbour in Papua New Guinea, along with the local residents.
- INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF) has received the Israeli Spike Non Line of Sight (NLOS) anti-tank guided missiles which can hit targets from distances up to 30 km.
- The sources also said that at the moment the Spike NLOS ATGMs have been ordered in limited numbers and the force would look for getting the missiles in larger numbers through “Make-in-India” initiatives.
- India’s indigenous helicopter-launched Nag (HELINA) anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) has successfully completed all trials.
- The Government has set a year-end deadline to the Border Road Organisation (BRO) for the completion of 20 strategic roads in the North East, Ladakh & along LAC as Standoff with China looks increasingly irreversible.
- Indian Army is set to induct loitering munitions, as part of a wider push by the Army to operationalise advanced AI-based unmanned technologies in the forces. These drones could prove to be a game-changer in India‘s quest for induction of advanced cutting edge technology.
- Recently, the Army tested the PALM 400, or “Precision Attack Loitering Munition” in Pokhran
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) achieved a major milestone by handing over the first Radio Frequency (RF) Seeker of Akash – Next Generation Weapon System to the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
- The US Government has granted approval for Israel to sell its “David’s Sling” anti-missile defense system to Finland. The procurement agreement, worth approximately 316 million Euros.
- Pakistan’s Cabinet has quietly approved the signing of a new security pact with the US, a move that indicates a fresh start in defence cooperation after years of distrust between the two nations and may open avenues for Islamabad to get military hardware from Washington.
- An Army jawan who was reported missing from Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir last week has been recovered, the police said on Thursday. Javaid Ahmad Wani, posted in Ladakh, went missing on Saturday from his native Kulgam district while he was on leave.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Executive Vice-President of Venezuela Delcy Rodríguez met Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas.
- FRANCE EVACUATES INDIAN NATIONALS FROM NIGER: Following the military coup in Niger, the French Government evacuated over 990 of its citizens including Indian nationals over the past two days.
- India is in touch with Indian nationals and embassy in Niger. There has not been any issue or complaint from them and all of them seem to be safe, said the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Days after Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif showed his willingness to talk to India, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi on Thursday said that India wanted neighbourly ties with Pakistan but there should be an atmosphere free from terror and violence for such a relationship.
- India on Thursday handed over the 14th consignment of humanitarian aid comprising essential medicines to crisis-hit Ukraine. The aid was handed over by Indian Ambassador to Ukraine Harsh Jain.The consignment was handed over to Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Health, Ihor Kuzin.
- India is set to attend the upcoming Moscow Format meeting on Afghanistan in the city of Kazan, Russia, on September 29. New Delhi’s primary focus will be on safeguarding its strategic interests and advocating for an inclusive government that upholds the rights of all sections of Afghan society.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a telephonic conversation with South African President Matemela Cyril Ramaphosa.
- India and Nepal have finalized an agreement for Long-Term Power Trade to increase the quantum of export of power from Nepal to India to 10 thousand Megawatt within 10 years.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- At least two soldiers were killed and three others injured in an attack in Pakistan’s Khyber district.
- Amid a slumping economy and rising prices, Pakistani youths are endangering their lives by making desperate attempts to illegally migrate to Europe through dangerous paths, also known as ‘donkey routes’.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has invited Turkey to join the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) again.
- Japan has started feeling the impact of slow-moving Typhoon Khanun which is approaching the country’s southwestern islands. According to reports, high-speed winds hit power lines in Okinawa leaving more than two lakh households without electricity.
- According to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, a solar storm is expected to hit Earth between August 4 and 5, after faint CMEs were spotted heading towards the planet.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- INDIA VS WEST INDIES: first T20 cricket match at the Brian Lara Stadium in Tarouba.
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I
- West Indies won by 4 runs
- WI – 149/6 (20)
- IND – 145/9 (20)
- CRR: 7.25
- Player of the Match: Jason Holder
- Highlights: Powered by Nicholas Pooran (41) and Rovman Powell (48), the West Indies posted 149/6 against India in the first T20I.
- In 7th Men’s Hockey Asian Champions Trophy, South Korea defeated Japan 2-1 while Malaysia beat Pakistan 3-1 in Chennai on the opening day of the tournament.
- Top Indian shuttlers HS Prannoy, Kidambi Srikanth, and PV Sindhu eased into the quarterfinals of the Australian Open Badminton 2023 in Sydney.
- Asia’s oldest football tournament Durand Cup will began yesterday, August 3. A total of 43 matches will be played across four venues in Assam and West Bengal, which include Guwahati, Kokrajhar and Kolkata.
- A controversy erupted after a video went viral showing 20-year-old Somali sprinter Nasra Abukar taking 21.81 seconds to complete 100-metre race at World University Games. She took almost twice as long to finish as the winner.
- Somali Sports Minister Mohamed Bare Mohamud suspended Somali Athletics Federation Chairwomen Khadijo Dahir for “abuse of power, nepotism, and defaming name of the nation”.
- India’s 17-year-old Grandmaster Gukesh D has become India’s number one chess player. He has overtaken Viswanathan Anand. Gukesh’s current live rating in Classic chess is 2755.9, while Anand’s is 2754.0. This comes after Gukesh D qualified for the third round of FIDE World Cup by defeating Azerbaijani Grandmaster Misratdin Iskandarov.
- Tamim Iqbal has stepped down as Bangladesh’s ODI captain after being ruled out of the Asia Cup with a back injury.
J&K: Srinagar (May–October)
Union territory: 31 Oct 2019
Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Udai Singh II (4 August 1522 – 28 February 1572) was the Maharana of Mewar and the founder of the city of Udaipur in the present day Rajasthan state of India.
He was the 53rd ruler of the Mewar dynasty.
He was the fourth son of Maharana Sangram Singh (Rana Sanga) and Rani Karnavati, a princess of Bundi.
😀Thought of the day
Your attitude determines your direction.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पू का सर फट गया….
डॉक्टर :- ये कैसे हुआ?
पप्पू :-मैं ईंट से पत्थर तोड़ रहा था।
एक आदमी ने मुझसे कहा, “कभी खोपड़ी का इस्तेमाल भी कर लिया कर।”😳😜
Scientific reason why non-vegetarian food not eat during Shravan month?*
Shravana is very devine month because this is when Dakshinayanam (Sun travels towards south), when Adiyogi started walking towards south and became Dakshinamurthy and also he enlightened Saptarshis with fundamentals of yogic science.
But scientifically this is when the Sun rises towards south-east, from this month’s Sun rays are not strong means bacteria & virus thrive more than in Uttarayana where sun is strong. Our digestion strength slows down and the weather gets cooler & wet which might cause lot of health problems. Non-veg takes 3 times more to digest than vegeterian food so it is stated to avoid non-veg or reduce significantly to avoid any health issues because from animals we get many viral fevers, allergies and other kind of health issues.
वैषम्य : Distress
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Antacids such as *ENO works to neutralize acidity.
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Your stomach naturally produces gastric or hydrochloric acid (HCl) to help digest and break down food. Acidity issues arise when there is excess production of this acid due to triggers such as acidic foods, alcohol, dehydration and stress.
When acidity occurs, the excess acid may move up from your stomach to your esophagus. The lining of your stomach with a pH of 1 to 3 is designed as such to withstand a high acidic environment. Your esophagus on the other hand with a pH close to 7 is not, and you may experience symptoms such as a burning sensation in the chest when this pH drops below 4. Other uncomfortable symptoms may include sour taste in the mouth, heaviness and burning sensation in the stomach or throat. Antacids such as ENO work to bring up the pH in your Esophagus to above 3.5 relieving you from acidity.
ENO is made with sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, and citric acid. Its ingredients dissolve quickly to create an effervescent solution which neutralizes stomach acid on contact. And it’s also gentle on the stomach.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
ICMR: The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world. Formed in 1911 (as IRFA) 1949 Renamed as ICMR
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kishore Kumar pronunciation (4 August 1929 – 13 October 1987; born Abhas Kumar Ganguly) was an Indian playback singer, actor, music director, lyricist, writer, director, producer and screenwriter.
He is considered as one of the most popular singers of Indian film industry.
Kishore Kumar’s unreleased last song was sold for Rs 1560,000 (1.56 million) at the Osian’s Cinefan Auction, New Delhi in 2012.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
To Be in a Fix: To be in a difficult situation.
कठिन परिस्थिति में होना।
He was really in a fix when he missed his flight.
Bind × Predicament
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Gajendra Moksha: According to the Bhāgavata Purāṇa
It is one of the famous exploits of the god Vishnu. In this episode, Vishnu came down to earth to protect Gajendra, the elephant, from the clutches of a Crocodile, alternatively known as Makara or Huhu, and with Vishnu’s help, Gajendra achieved moksha, or liberation from cycle of birth and death.
There was once an elephant named Gajendra who lived in a garden called Ṛtumat which was created by Varuna. This garden was located on Mount Trikuta, the “Three-Peaked Mountain.” Gajendra ruled over all the other elephants in the herd. One day as usual he went to the lake near by to pick lotus flowers to offer prayer to Lord Vishnu. Suddenly, a crocodile living in the lake attacked Gajendra and caught him by the leg. Gajendra tried for a long time to escape from the crocodile’s clutches. All his family members, relatives and friends gathered around to help him, but in vain. The crocodile simply would not let go. When they realised that ‘death’ had come close to Gajendra, they left him alone. He trumpeted in pain and helplessness until he was hoarse. As the struggle was seemingly endless and when he had spent his last drop of energy, Gajendra called to the god Vishnu to save him, holding a lotus up in the air as an offering.
Hearing his devotee’s call and prayer, Vishnu rushed to the scene. As Gajendra sighted the god coming, he lifted a lotus with his trunk. Seeing this, Vishnu was pleased and with his Sudharshana Chakra, he decapitated the crocodile. Gajendra prostrated himself before the god. Vishnu informed Gajendra that he, in one of his previous births, had been the celebrated King Indradyumna, a devotee of Vishnu, but due to his disrespect to the great Sage Agastya, he had been cursed to be reborn as an elephant. The prayer made by Gajendra on this occasion became a famous hymn in praise of Vishnu called the Gajendra Stuti .
शुक्लांबरधरं विष्णुं शशि वर्णं चतुर्भुजं ।
प्रसन्न वदनं ध्यायेत सर्व विघ्नोपशान्तये॥
This story was narrated by Shuka to King Parikshit
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Mint Pudhina health benefits.
It facilitates smoother digestion.: menthol, which is the active oil in the mint, has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help relieve indigestion and also soothe an upset stomach.
Consumption of mint has also been linked with bringing in soothing effect for asthmatic patients. Mint is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties. It is a good relaxant and relieves congestion.
The strong and refreshing aroma of mint could help ease headaches. Balms with a mint base or basic mint oil, when rubbed on the forehead and nose, are effective in curing headaches and nausea
Breastfeeding mothers commonly experience sore and cracked nipples, applied various forms of mint to the area around the nipple after each feeding,
You can easily add mint to green salads, desserts, smoothies and even water. Peppermint tea is another popular way to incorporate it into your diet.
Mint’s anti-inflammatory properties soothe the swelling and keep the mucous at bay.
Mint has umpteen antiviral and antibacterial properties that can keep mild flu and cold.
Mint may help cure headaches.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT