𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
03 Nov (Wednesday)
Month: Kartika 14 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 28 (Amanta)
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 9:02 am) Chaturdashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID19 vaccination coverage crossed 107 Crore 25 lakh landmark milestone
- PM Modi will hold a review meeting with districts having low vaccination coverage today at 12 noon through video conferencing. The meeting will include districts with less than 50% coverage of the first dose and low coverage of the second dose of Covid vaccine. Mr Modi will interact with District Magistrates of over 40 districts in Jharkhand, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, and other States with districts having low vaccination coverage. Chief Ministers of these States will also be present on the occasion.
- By-polls : NDA sweeps North-East and Bihar; BJP in MP and Assam; TMC in West Bengal while Congress wins 4 seats in Himachal Pradesh: Results of by-polls, held on the 30th of October, in three Lok Sabha and 29 Assembly Constituencies of 13 States, have been announced.
- Madhya Pradesh , BJP has won one Lok Sabha seat and two assembly seats, while Congress won one assembly seat.
- In Bihar Janta Dal (United) retained both assembly seats in bypolls. The JD (U) defeated its nearest rival RJD.
- In Assam , the ruling BJP has snatched 3 seats from the opposition while its ally UPPL retained the 2 seats. BJP candidates from Thowra, Mariani and Bhawanipur have won their seats in the bye -polls while the UPPL won Gossaigaon and Tamulpur seats.
- In West Bengal , ruling All India Trinamool Congress has won all four assembly constituencies in the by-poll.
- In Rajasthan , the ruling Congress has won both the by-elections to the Vallabhnagar and Dhariawad assembly seats.
- In Mizoram , ruling party Mizo National Front (MNF) won the bye-election in the Tuirial Assembly constituency in Kolasib district.
- In Telangana , the BJP candidate, Eatala Rajender scripted history by trouncing Gellu Srinivas Yadav of the TRS by 24,109 votes including 242 postal ballots in the bypoll that was viewed as a battle of prestige between TRS president and Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao and Rajendar. Rajendar, whose resignation from the Assembly in June caused the bypoll.
- Congress bags 1 Lok Sabha, 3 assembly seats in BJP-ruled Himachal Pradesh : The opposition Congress swept the by-elections in the Mandi Lok Sabha constituency besides the Arki, Fatehpur and Jubbal-Kotkhai assembly segments.
- In Dadra and Nagar Haveli , the Shiv Sena registered its first ever LS victory outside Maharashtra, with the party’s Kalaben Delkar winning the seat .
- Haryana : INLD leader Abhay Singh Chautala won by a margin of 6,708 votes over his nearest rival Gobind Kanda of the BJP, in the Ellenabad assembly constituency in Sirsa district.
- The Gurugram district administration on Tuesday withdrew permissions for eight of the 37 designated namaz sites after representatives of Muslim groups on Monday offered to stop offering Friday prayers on government land over objections raised by residents.
- The Kerala High Court on Tuesday granted bail to Swapna Suresh and 7 others in a UAPA case lodged by the NIA in connection with the sensational gold smuggling through diplomatic channels, saying that prima facie it does not find that they committed any terrorist act as alleged against them
- Mumbai court on Tuesday sent former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh to the Enforcement Directorate’s custody till November 6 in connection with the money laundering case.
- The trouble for Anil Deshmukh started on March 20 when former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh levelled ‘extortion’ charges against him. In a letter addressed to Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray, Singh alleged that the NCP leader had asked Sachin Vaze to extort Rs.100 crore per month from 1750 bars, restaurants, and other establishments in Mumbai. After the Bombay High Court directed the CBI to carry out a preliminary enquiry into these allegations, Deshmukh resigned as the Home Minister was replaced by Dilip Walse Patil.
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik on Tuesday reiterated his allegations against Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) officer Sameer Wankhede of extorting money from Bollywood actors. He further questioned Mr. Wankhede’s choice of “high-end” clothing, shoes and watches, and questioned how an “honest” officer could afford such a lifestyle.
- Punjab: Capt. Amarinder Singh, formally resigned from the Congress party and send resignation leter to Ms Sonia Gandhi.
- Bollywood Actor Salman Khan and Alia Bhatt on Tuesday wished Shah Rukh Khan on his birthday. The Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge star turned 56.
- To ease filming in Railways, Film Facilitation Office (FFO) set up in National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) and Ministry of Railways have integrated to create a Single Window Filming Mechanism to make the permission for filming across Railways premises streamlined and efficient.Railways have always been a part of the Cinematic experience of India. Many films have beautifully captured the Indian Railways on celluloid. Now Filmmakers can apply through the FFO’s web portal www.ffo.gov.in for filming Permissions to the Ministry of Railways
- The Defence Ministry on Tuesday approved the procurement of arms and military equipment worth Rs 7,965-crore, including 12 light utility helicopters from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, according to an official statement. The procurement proposals were approved at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC).
- Besides clearing the proposal to buy 12 helicopters, the DAC approved the procurement of Lynx U2 naval gunfire control system from Bharat Electronics Limited that will enhance the tracking and engagement capabilities of naval warships.
- INS Visakhapatnam to be commissioned on Nov 18, followed by INS Vela sub: INS Vela, the fourth out of six INS Kalveri class diesel attack submarines, will also be commissioned before the end of this month most likely by external affairs minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar or by outgoing Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh. Both the vessels have been built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders with INS Vela being designed by the French naval group.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Speaking at the COP26 global climate summit in Glasgow on Tuesday, PM Modi announced that India’s space agency ISRO would soon give the world a ‘solar power calculator’ which will use satellite data to measure the solar energy potential of any and every region in the world.
- PM Modi launched Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS) on sidelines of climate summit in Glasgow this afternoon. It is aimed at achieving sustainable development through a systematic approach to resilient, sustainable and inclusive infrastructure in Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
- PM Modi added that Indian Space Research Organisation will build a special data window for Small Island Developing States to provide them timely information about cyclones, coral-reef monitoring and coast-line monitoring.
- The idol of Goddess Annapurna which was retrieved from Ottawa, Canada and received by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) last month will begin its journey on 11th November for its final resting place at the Kashi Vishwanath Temple at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The Taliban announced a complete ban on the use of foreign currency in Afghanistan on 02 Nov.
- England Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who is hosting the global meeting in Glasgow, said, more leaders than ever before, a total of 110, have promised to end and reverse deforestation by 2030, in the COP26 climate summit’s first major deal. The two-week summit in Glasgow is seen as crucial if climate change is to be brought under control.
- Russia To Showcase Its New Stealth Fighter Jet ‘Checkmate’ At Dubai Airshow In Mid-November : Russia’s new single-engine fifth-generation stealth fighter jet Checkmate will be presented abroad for the first time at the 2021 Dubai Airshow, running from November 14-18,
- Recently Pakistan has commissioned a new Chinese air defence system in Karachi. HIMADS HQ-9P. an acronym for high to medium air defence system. It is designed to fire surface to air missiles against a variety of incoming bogeys, like planes, missiles (ballistic and cruise) and drones.
- Facebook to Shut Down Face-recognition System, Delete Data. In 2019 it ended use of face recognition software.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
- Nov 02 South Africa vs Bangladesh,
Super 12 Group 1
South Africa won by 6 wkts
BAN – 84 (18.2)
RSA – 86/4 (13.3)
Player of the Match
- Pakistan vs Namibia, 31st Match, Super 12 Group 2
Pakistan won by 45 runs
PAK – 189/2 (20)
NAM – 144/5 (20)
Player of the Match
- Nov 03, Wed
New Zealand vs Scotland
32nd Match , Super 12 Group 2 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- Nov 03, Wed
India vs Afghanistan
33rd Match , Super 12 Group 2 at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Olympic bronze-winning Indian men’s hockey team captain Manpreet Singh was on 02 Nov (Tuesday) added to the list of Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna awardees, taking the total number of this year’s winners to an unparalleled 12, with the ceremony scheduled for November 13 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Akash Kumar secured India’s first medal after he booked his place in the semifinals at the ongoing AIBA World Men’s Boxing Championships Debutant Akash Kumar (54kg) secured India’s first medal at the ongoing AIBA World Men’s Boxing Championships here on Tuesday after advancing to the semifinals with a superb win over former Olympic silver-medallist Yoel Finol Rivas of Venezuela. The 21-year-old Akash, who is a reigning national champion, prevailed 5-0 in a fabulous performance
$USD 74.71 💷GBP 101.70
Dadra & Nagar Haveli. : Silvassa
Administrator: Praful Patel
🥇Gold ₹48,240@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.91
⛽ Diesel ₹ 104.39
LPG : ₹ 676/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,029.06
NIFTY : 17,888.95
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Dadra and Nagar Haveli was ruled by the Portuguese from 1783 until the mid-20th century. The area was captured by pro-India forces in 1954 and administered as the de facto state of Free Dadra and Nagar Haveli before being annexed to India as a union territory, the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in 1961. The union territory was merged with the neighbouring union territory of Daman and Diu to form the new union territory of “Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu” on 26 January 2020
😀Thought of the day
No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers
JOKE OF THE DAY
Santa GUN ly kr Darwaazay pr Kharaa huaa thaa
Wife : y r u standing here?
Santa : Sher kaa Shikaar karnay jaa Rahaa hun
Wife : Tou Jao
Santa : Kaise Jaon yaar…? bahar KUTTA🐶 Kharaa hai
Why Menstruation takes place in women
Menstruation is a woman’s monthly bleeding, often called “period.” The blood and tissue lining the uterus (womb) break down and leave the body. This is called period. For many women, bleeding lasts from 4 to 8 days. It makes Hormone levels low. Low levels of the hormone estrogen can make you feel depressed or irritable😡😰
In a woman, a period is body’s way of releasing tissue that it no longer needs. Every month, her body prepares for pregnancy. The lining of uterus gets thicker as preparation for nurturing a fertilized egg. An egg is released and is ready to be fertilized and settle in the lining of your uterus.
Ovulation is when the ovary releases an egg so it can be fertilized by a sperm in order to make a baby. A woman is most likely to get pregnant if she has sex without birth control in the three days before and up to the day of ovulation (since the sperm are already in place and ready to fertilize the egg as soon as it is released). A man’s sperm can live for 3 to 5 days in a woman’s reproductive organs, but a woman’s egg lives for just 12 to 24 hours after ovulation.
Ovulation happens about 14 days before your period starts. If your average menstrual cycle is 28 days, woman ovulate around day 14, and most fertile days are days 12, 13 and 14. If average menstrual cycle is 35 days ovulation happens around day 21 and your most fertile days are days 19,20 and 21
एतदपि गमिष्यति ।
This too shall pass.
यह भी चला जाएगा |
विलोचन : Eye; distorting the eyes.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does Cyclones form.
In meteorology, Cyclone refers to a large-scale air mass that revolves around a strong low atmospheric pressure centre. We can characterize cyclones by spiralling inward winds rotating around a low-pressure zone
To form a cyclone, warm, moist air over the ocean rises upward from near the surface. As this air moves up and away from the ocean surface, it leaves is less air near the surface. So basically as the warm air rises, it causes an area of lower air pressure below
Cyclones can form only on oceans with sea surface temperature greater than or equal to 26 to 27 degree Celsius.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
WHO The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
Headquarters : Geneva, Switzerland
Founded : 7 April 1948
Aim: It provides technical assistance to countries, sets international health standards, and collects data on global health issues.
The WHO has 193 Member States. It is financed by contributions from member states and from donors. The World Health Organization operates 147 country and liaison offices in all its regions Tedros Adhanom is the 8th Director general of the World Health Organization.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Jai Singh II (3 November 1688 – 21 September 1743) was the Hindu Rajput ruler of the kingdom of Amber, he later founded the fortified city of Jaipur and made it his capital.
He moved his kingdom’s capital from Amber to the newly-established city of Jaipur in 1727, and performed two Ashvamedha sacrifices, once in 1734, and again in 1741.Jai Singh had a great interest in mathematics, architecture and astronomy.
He commissioned the Jantar Mantar observatories at multiple places in India, including his capital Jaipur.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Shoot oneself in the foot
To harm one’s own cause inadvertently
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Akshayapatra (अक्षयपात्र) 🍚 meaning inexhaustible vessel, is an object from Hindu mythology. It was a wonderful vessel given to Yudishtira by Lord Surya which held a never-depleting supply of food to the Pandavas every day.
One day, Krishna suddenly came to visit the Pandavas when they are in forest, he visits Draupadi and ask for food, she was sitting and weeping in the kitchen. With tears in her eyes, Draupadi bowed her head before Krishna and showed him an empty pot in which she had cooked rice that morning and she did not have any more rice in the house. But Krishna said to her: “Thank you sister
Look carefully.” Draupadi looked, and she found a single grain of rice stuck inside the pot. Krishna said “A single grain of rice, if offered to God with love and humility, becomes the beeja (primordial seed) which feeds and satiates the whole universe.” He then ate that single grain of rice. This miraculous divine episode happened on the day which is commemorated as “Akshaya Tritiya” every year, and it occurs around the time of the spring harvest in April-May every year.
Krishna was very sorrowful to see the condition of his sister Draupadi and his cousins, the Pandavas, he then suggest to hymn 108 chants of lord Surya by Pandavas. Later tgey Blessed by Surya with an Akshaya Patra, the inexhaustable vessel
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Getting a runny nose
A runny nose may be due to allergies, hay fever, or other causes. following home treatments can help to stop it:-
- Drinking fluids and staying hydrated when dealing with a runny nose can be helpful if you also have symptoms of nasal congestion.
- Inhaling hot steam has with vicks or zandu balm or Amrutanjan or Eucalyptus leaves oil or Camphor कर्पूर, help treat a runny nose. Eating spicy foods . Hot spices like cayenne pepper, ghost pepper, habanero, wasabi, horseradish, or ginger are great options. The bottom line : These approaches will only give you relief. Make sure to seek more direct treatment if you’re experiencing colds, viruses, and allergies.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼