03 Mar (Friday)
Vedic Ritu : Shishir (Winter)
Drik Ritu : Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Phalguna 26, (Purnimanta)
Phalguna 11, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Punarvasu (up to 3:43 pm) Pushya
Tithi : Ekadashi (up to 9:11 am) Dwadashi
Rahu: 11:12 AM – 12:39 PM
Yamaganda : 03:33 PM – 05:00 PM
ONLY A GENIUS CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS: https://youtu.be/6O_FZOqISD4
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- BJP alliances have retained power in Tripura and Nagaland. While BJP-IPFT has gained majority seats in Tripura, NDPP and BJP have crossed the majority mark in Nagaland. In Meghalaya, Chief Minister Sangma Conrad called Union Minister and senior BJP leader Amit Shah and sought his support and blessings in forming the new Government.
- Congress candidate EVKS Elangovan won the Erode East bypoll in Tamil Nadu by a margin of over 60,000 votes against his nearest rival KS Thennarasu of the AIADMK.
- Chinchwad by-poll in Pune district of Maharashtra, BJP candidate Ashwini Jagtap won the seat with a lead of over 36,000 votes. She defeated her nearest rival Nana Kate of NCP while Independent candidate Rahul Kalate trailed far behind.
- PM Modi has said that India’s theme of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’ for its G20 Presidency, signals the need for unity of purpose and unity of action. Addressing the opening segment of G20 Foreign Ministers through a video message.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) to organize 8th edition of the National Conference on Economics of Competition Law.
- The Research and Innovation Initiative Gathering (RIIG) Conference on Materials for Sustainable Energy was held under India’s G20 Presidency in Ranchi, Jharkhand on Thursday.
- Two-day, Andhra Pradesh State Government’s Global Investors’ Summit to begin at the AU Engineering College Grounds at Visakhapatnam with an aim to sign Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) for investments worth Rs.3 lakh crore.
- Supreme Court to hear an appeal of Tamil Nadu government against Madras High Court order permitting the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) to take out a march in state.
- Union Home & Cooperation Minister Amit Shah to flag off two ‘Vijay Sankalp Rath Yatra’ & inaugurate various projects in his day-long visit to poll-bound Karnataka.
- Pump dealers selling compressed natural gas (CNG) in Gujarat to go on an indefinite strike, demanding an increase in their dealer margins.
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao’s daughter and Bharat Rashtra Samithi MLC K Kavitha said that on March 10 she will protest peacefully in Delhi to demand tabling of the Women’s Reservation Bill.
- Union Culture Ministry & Telangana State government to conduct a three-day yoga mahotsav event for benefit of people of Warangal.
- A special court dealing with the cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in Kochi rejected the bail petition of Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s former principal secretary M Sivasankar on Thursday. He is currently under judicial custody till March 8.
- Lokayukta officers arrested BJP MLA Madal Virupakshappa’s son Prashanth while taking a bribe of Rs. 40 lakh on Thursday. Prashanth, who is the chief accounts officer of the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB), was arrested from the office of the state-owned Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Ltd.
- At least three persons were injured after a massive fire broke out near a Manyavar showroom on the SV Road in Mumbai’s Santacruz (West) on Thursday evening.
- Traffic on the Gangotri National Highway got disrupted on Thursday after a huge boulder fell on the highway.
$ USD ₹.82.40
💷 GBP ₹98.42
GDP rate (2023) : 6.8 %
Inflation rate : 6.5%
Population : 141.57 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unempylmnt : 8.3% in Dec 2022
BSE Sensex: 58,909.35 −501.73 (0.84%)🔻
NIFTY: 17,321.90 −129.00 (0.74%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 57,210.00 /10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 66,800/KG
⛽FUEL in DELHI
PETROL : ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 80/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1053/14.2 Kg
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman virtually inaugurated Indian Customs Electronic Data Interchange System at Land Customs Station Nagrakata & Kulkuli on India-Bhutan Border.
- Adani Group raised ₹15,446 crore by selling stakes in four companies to US-based investment firm GQG Partners. Shares in Adani Enterprises, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission were sold through secondary block trade transactions
- Punjab Vidhan Sabha, Budget Session to begin with Governor’s Address at Chandigarh.
- Punjab Revenue Minister Bram Shanker Sharma said stamp duty and fee for people registering their properties before March 31 has been reduced by 2.25%
- US-based consumer technology company Honeywell has appointed Ashish Modi as country President for India.
- Asia Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA), a lobby representing foreign portfolio investors (FPI), will approach SEBI seeking a review of recently tightened requirements for beneficial owners of offshore funds after Adani rout
- Actress Sushmita Sen took to social media to inform her fans that she suffered a heart attack a couple of days back and underwent angioplasty. Sen was diagnosed with Addison’s disease in 2014 and was taking steroids as part of treatment.
- A five-day art & culture fair called ‘Virsa Hoshiarpur Da’ to be held at Lajwanti Multipurpose Outdoor Stadium, Hoshiarpur
- The Union Cabinet has accorded approval to sign a contract with engineering and construction conglomerate Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) for the acquisition of three cadet training ships at an overall cost of Rs 3,108.09 crore.The delivery of ships is anticipated to begin in 2026.
- The HTT-40 aircraft is expected to meet the shortage of basic trainer aircraft of the IAF required for training newly inducted pilotsThe Union Cabinet approved the procurement of 70 HTT-40 basic trainer aircraft from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The approval was given to the Indian Air Force (IAF). The procurement would cost around Rs 6,828 crore.
- The Ministry of Defence has received a proposal from Indian Army to buy 307 Advanced Towed Artillery Gun Systems (ATAGS) for deployment along the borders with China and Pakistan.The proposal worth over USD 1 billion
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni called on President Droupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Thursday.
- PM Modi on Thursday inaugurated the eighth edition of the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi. Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni is the Chief Guest of the three-day Dialogue.
- Quad Foreign Ministers will meet on Friday in Delhi, the Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced.
- Chief Justice of India (CJI ) D.Y.Chandrachud to inaugurate three–day American Bar Association India Conference 2023 & deliver keynote address in New Delhi.
- Japanese Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi likely to visit India to attend a meeting of his counterparts from the Quad countries
- Union Minister Sarbanand Sonowal inaugurated first B2B Global Conference & Expo on Traditional Medicine under Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Guwahati in bid to promote traditional medicines at Global Level.
- The 23rd & 24th March, 2023 will see the 4th International Conference on Latest Trends in Engineering and Management (ICLTEM-2023) go down in Pune, Maharashtra.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Greece train crash: Death toll rises to 57, More than 300 people were on board the passenger train, many of them students returning from a holiday weekend and annual Carnival celebrations around Greece.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Rafael Grossi to visit Iran for high-level meetings.
- An earthquake of magnitude 5.7 struck the Oaxaca region of Mexico on Wednesday, the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) said.
- Canada bans TikTok on government-issued devices citing security risks.
- The 110-year-old Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen, one of Denmark’s most notable landmarks, has been vandalised with Russian flag painted across its base.
- Pakistani rupee touches record low of 285.09 against US dollar
- India vs Australia 3rd Test, Day 3 at Holkar Stadium, Indore at 9:30 AM
- Tamil Nadu’s Jeswin Aldrin today broke the national record in men’s long jump at the second AFI National Jumps Competition in Karnataka. The 21-year-old jumped 8.42 metres to go past the previous record of 8.36 metres set by M Sreeshankar at Federation Cup in Kerala in April 2022.
Arunachal Pradesh : Itanagar
Frmn: 21 Jan 1972 (UT)
Statehood : 20 Feb 1987
Gvrnr: Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik
CM: Pema Kandu (BJP)
Population: 1.38 cr
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Bhupen Hazarika Setu, also referred to as the Dhola–Sadiya Bridge, is a beam bridge in India, connecting the northeast states of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. The bridge spans the Lohit River, a major tributary of the Brahmaputra River, from the village of Dhola (Tinsukia District) in the south to Sadiya to the north. The bridge is the first permanent road connection between the northern Assam and eastern Arunachal Pradesh. At 9.15 kilometres (5.69 mi) in length, it is the longest bridge in India over water.
However, the 9.76 kilometres (6.06 mi) Kacchi Dargah–Bidupur Bridge under construction in the Indian state of Bihar, is expected to become the longest bridge in India upon its estimated completion in July 2023.
😀Thought of the day
If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
JOKE OF THE DAY
History teacher* :
Bachcho, tum sabko pata hai kya ki Napoleon Bonaparte ke dictionary mein ‘impossible’ shabd hi nahi tha.
Pappu: Ab bol k kya Fida, Kharid se samay check kar k lena tha…🤷🏻♂️
WHY DEAFNESS CAUSES
Deaf people usually have little to no hearing. Hearing loss may be caused by a number of factors, including: genetics, ageing, exposure to noise, some infections, birth complications, trauma to the ear, and certain medications or toxins. A common condition that results in hearing loss is chronic ear infections.
HOW WE CAN HEAR
The ear is made up of three different parts: the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear. These parts work together so you can hear. The outer ear, or pinna (the part you can see), picks up sound waves that then travel through the ear canal.
When the sound waves hit the eardrum in the middle ear, the eardrum starts to vibrate. When the eardrum vibrates, it moves three tiny bones in your ear. These bones are called the hammer (or malleus), anvil (or incus), and stirrup (or stapes). They help sound move along on its journey into the inner ear.
The vibrations then travel to the cochlea, part of the inner ear. The cochlea looks like a tiny snail shell. It is filled with liquid and lined with tiny hairs. The sound vibrations make the tiny hairs move. There are two types of hair cells: the outer and inner cells. The outer hair cells take the sound information, make it louder and tune it. The inner hair cells change the sound waves into electrical signals. The hearing nerve then sends the signals to the brain, letting you hear
The most common cause of acquired hearing loss is noise, which accounts for over one quarter of people affected by hearing loss. You can protect your hearing by reducing your exposure to loud noise or wearing suitable protection such as ear muffs or ear plugs.
मुक्ताभिमानी मुक्तो हि बद्धो बद्धाभिमान्यपि।
किवदन्तीह सत्येयं या मतिः सा गतिर्भवेत्॥ – अष्टावक्रगीता
muktābhimānī muktō hi baddhō baddhābhimānyapi।
kivadantīha satyēyaṃ yā matiḥ sā gatirbhavēt॥
भावार्थ : स्वयं को मुक्त मानने वाला मुक्त ही है, और बद्ध मानने वाला बंधा हुआ ही है, यह कथन सत्य ही है, कि जैसी बुद्धि होती है, वैसी ही गति होती है।
MEANING: If one thinks of oneself as free, one is free, and if one thinks of oneself as bound, one is bound. Here this saying is true, “Thinking makes it so”.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW A HEARING AID WORKS?
Hearing aids work by amplifying sound through a three-part system: The microphone receives sound and converts it into a digital signal. The amplifier increases the strength of the digital signal. The speaker produces the amplified sound into the ear.
The hearing aid receives sound through a microphone, which converts the sound waves to electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier increases the power of the signals and then sends them to the ear through a speaker.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
3rd March – World Hearing Day*
World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March every year to raise awareness about how to prevent deafness and to promote hearing across the world. The theme for World Hearing Day in 2022 is “To hear for life, listen with care.”
Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav (January 15, 1926 – August 14, 1984) was an Indian athlete. He is best known as a wrestler who won a bronze medal at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki. He was the first athlete from independent India to win an individual medal in the Olympics.
BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Subedar Major Sanjay Kumar Dogra, PVC (born 3 March 1976) is a Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian Army, and recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military award in Kargil War Operation Vijay (1999) Battle of Tiger Hill.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Every dog has his day
Everyone gets a chance at least once
Expensive × Inexpensive\ Cheap
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
Actual name of Parikshit was Vishnurata, but how he got that name..?
Parikshit was born to Uttara and Abhimanyu. He was the grandson of Arjuna and he was saved by Lord Krishna in the womb of his mother, when Ashwaththama directed Brahmastra on him.
Since the baby had been protected by Vishnu in his form of Krishna, the brahmanas proposed that he should be named Vishnurata, that is, protected by Vishnu. But the baby had met Krishna inside Uttara’s womb and had become devoted to Krishna. Whenever the child met someone, he tested to see if the person he had just met was indeed the person whom he had met inside the womb. The word for a test is pariksha. Thus it was that Vishnurata came to be popularly known as Parikshit.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Coarsely powder the cinnamon bark. Boil a teaspoonful of this powder in water. Strain the extract and add a pinch of black pepper and a teaspoonful of honey . Consuming this decoction every three hours during the day cures a sore throat.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT