03 Jun (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Jyeshta 29, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 15, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Vishaka (up to 6:16 am) Anuradha/ Jyeshta
Tithi: Chaturdashi (up to 11:17 am) Purnima
Rahu: 09:04 AM – 10:44 AM
Yamaganda: 02:05 PM – 03:45 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- COROMANDEL EXPRESS TRAIN ACCIDENT: Many trains cancelled and diverted. (Please refer Crime Report/Mishaps for more info.)
Emergency Control Room Numbers 033-22143526 and 033-22535185.
- The Railways issued helpline numbers 8249591559 and 7978418322 for Balasore, 03326382217 for Howrah, 8972073925 and 9332392339 for Kharagpur and 9903370746 for Shalimar
- Chandrayaan-3 reaches launch port at Sriharikota ahead of next month’s launch.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief S Somnath said that they will launch the ambitious manned mission from India, Gaganyaan when they are absolutely confident about its success.
- A full-scale replica of the space shuttle landed at the Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technical Museum (VITM) in Bengaluru on Thursday to inspire the next generation of scientific innovators and space explorers. Two decades ago, NASA launched Mars Rover Opportunity to search for signs of ancient water on the Red Planet.
- The Union Minister for Jal Shakti recently unveiled the unified registration portal for ‘GOBARDHAN,’ a pioneering initiative aimed at promoting the biogas sector in India.
- Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday chaired a high level meeting in New Delhi to review overall preparedness for flood management in the context of upcoming monsoon season.
- Telangana marked 10th year of formation on June 2. The state was formed on 02 June 2014.
- Uttar Pradesh govt launches 15-day mega registration drive for MSMEs.
- Delhi Jal Board has announced 20-hour water cut in parts of the city from Saturday to undertake some civic work. The water supply will be disrupted from 10 am on June 3 to 6 am on June 4. The affected areas include Sant Nagar, Burari, Badli village, Jhangola, Tajpur, Holambi Kalan, U/A colonies of Narela and regularised colonies of Narela.
- Andhra pradesh TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu’s son and party leader Nara Lokesh was attacked with eggs during a foot march in Andhra Pradesh’s YSR district on Thursday night. Lokesh escaped and the eggs hit his security personnel.
- Ministry of Railways organizes two-day Chintan Shivir at New Delhi: A two days long Chintan Shivir was organized in New Delhi by Ministry of Railways. The objective of the Chintan Shivir centered on preparing an action plan to implement Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision 2047.
- India G20 – South Centre Event on International Taxation concludes successfully at Nagpur.
- Government on Friday convened 2nd meeting with leading Oil producers Association to discuss further cut in edible oil prices amidst fall in global prices.
- External Affairs Ministry has said that the forthcoming Summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation-SCO Council of Heads of State will be held on 4th of next month in a virtual format.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Friday released the UGC (Institutions Deemed to be Universities) Regulations, 2023 in New Delhi.
- As part of the Indian Navy’s long-range deployment, INS Trishul visited port Anjouan, Comoros.
- The periodic table, democracy, and sources of energy – Class 10 students will no longer learn about these from their government-issue textbooks. Complete chapters on the subjects now stand deleted as a part of a “rationalisation” meant to reduce the “burden on students”.
- The removal of the theory of evolution from the Class 10 curriculum stoked significant concern earlier this year.
- Newly released textbooks by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) have revealed further cuts, including a chapter on the periodic table.
CRIME REPORT/ MISHAPS
- COROMANDEL EXPRESS TRAIN ACCIDENT: Many trains cancelled and diverted after 12841 Shalimar-Chennai Express derails at Odisha’s Balasore. South eastern railway announced. Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express had collided into a goods train and moments later coaches of another train derailed after it dashed into the derailed coaches of the Coromandel Express. The search and rescue operation is ongoing.
- The accident happened around 7.20pm near Bahanaga Bazar station when the train was on the way to Chennai Central station from the Shalimar station near Kolkata.
- A railway official said that several coaches of 12864 Bengaluru-Howrah superfast express travelling to Howrah, derailed at Bahanagabazar and fell on the up line.
- A goods train was also involved in the accident as the coaches of the Coromandel Express hit its wagons after getting derailed.
- Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced an ex-gratia compensation for the victims. While ₹10 lakh has been declared in case of death, ₹2 lakh will be provided for those with grievous injuries and ₹50,000 for people who sustained minor injuries.
- Many people are feared dead & many injured as 10-12 coaches of the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express and 3-4 coaches of another train from Yeswanthpur to Howrah derailed near Baleswar in Odisha late Friday night.
- Multiple houses and vehicles were damaged due to rainfall and a storm in the Titabar area of Assam’s Jorhat district on Friday. Many trees and electric poles were uprooted.
- High Court of Karnataka has upheld constitutional validity of Section 37A of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.
- Delhi Police has released a toll-free helpline number on which people can share information on criminals. “Join as ‘EYES & EARS’ of Delhi Police. You can give information about crime and criminals at a toll-free helpline number 14547.
- CBI has filed a case against IL&FS Transportation Networks for allegedly defrauding 19 banks of ₹6,524 crore between 2016 and 2018.
$ USD ₹.82.41
💷 GBP ₹.102.59
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,547.11 +118.57 (0.19%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,534.10 +46.35 (0.25%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,600/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 73,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has recently released a consultation paper aimed at strengthening investor protection and promoting transparency in the Indian securities market.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released draft Master Directions on Cyber Resilience and Digital Payment Security Controls for Payment System Operators (PSOs) on June 2. The draft directions cover governance mechanisms for identification, assessment, monitoring and management of cybersecurity risks and specify baseline security measures for ensuring safe and secure digital payment transactions.
- MakeMyTrip Founder Deep Kalra said the government’s move to impose 20% TCS (tax collected at source) on spending by credit cards abroad from July 1 is “terrible” and “regressive”.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) said it has decided to transfer the life insurance business of Sahara India Life Insurance Company (SILIC) to SBI Life Insurance Company (SBI Life). SBI Life will take over policy liabilities of around two lakh policies of SILIC.
- Tata Group subsidiary Agratas Energy Storage Solutions has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government to build a lithium-ion cell manufacturing plant in the state. The company will initially invest ₹13,000 crore in the project. The plant, with an initial production capacity of 20 GWh, is expected to create direct and indirect jobs for over 13,000 people.
- Mercedes-Benz India MD & CEO Santosh Iyer said the brand is dedicated to making its portfolio EV-rich and plans to go all-electric by 2030.
- The Unified Payments Interface UPI registered record more than nine billion transactions last month amounting to over 14 lakh crore rupees.
- Actor Gufi Paintal, best known for playing Shakuni Mama in the TV show Mahabharat, has been hospitalised in Mumbai due to age-related issues.
- Google has ended support for its first-generation Chromecast, a device that allows users to stream video content from phones or laptops to a big screen, after 10 years. “Support for Chromecast (1st gen) has ended, which means these devices no longer receive software or security updates.
- The Kerala Story is getting an OTT release later this month as ZEE5 has bought digital rights for the movie. It has however grossed Rs 225 crore at the box office.
- Medium-range ballistic missile Agni-1 was successfully test-fired in Odisha.
- Jammu ADGP Mukesh Singh has said a militant was killed in an encounter in a joint operation by the Army and the police in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district. A search operation was launched after suspicious activity was noticed in the forest area of Dassal Gujran near Rajouri.
- The Army is carrying out combing operations to recover weapons looted from armouries in Manipur, and will use force if required to get them back, Army chief General Manoj Pande said.
- Air Commodore Vishnu Gaur on Thursday took charge as the Air Officer Commanding of 5 Base Repair Depot of the Indian Air Force (IAF) at Sulur in Coimbatore.
- The Ladakh Scouts Regiment, which guards the region from two hostile neighbours, commemorated its diamond jubilee on Thursday and paid homage to bravehearts of the nation. The regiment held diamond jubilee celebrations from May 31 to June 1 and commemorated the occasion with a series of events.
- Delhi High Court dismissed a plea moved by Major General (retired) V.K. Singh against the FIR registered by CBI alleging that he published some classified and secret information about Research and Analysis Wing in his book authored in 2007 after his retirement. The case against Singh was initiated by a Deputy Secretary, Government of India, Cabinet Secretariat.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu will be on State visit to Suriname & Serbia from 4th-9th June.
- India and Nepal sign pacts on energy, transport; India to import 10,000 MW of electricity from Nepal. The India-Nepal Business Summit concluded successfully, marking a significant milestone in strengthening economic cooperation and deepening bilateral relations between the two neighbouring nations
- Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Prachanda, on Friday, along with his cabinet visited Indore’s municipal corporations’ solid waste management plant and also saw Asia’s largest bio-CNG plant.
- Pakistan Minister of Foreign Affairs Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Friday said the country will release 200 Indian fishermen and three civilian prisoners.
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs V Muraleedharan on Friday met Malaysia’s Human Resources Minister V Sivakumar and they agreed to sign a Memorandum of Understanding on opening all sectors to Indian workers in Malaysia.
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd J. Austin-III will arrive on an official visit to India as part of his four-nation tour, starting next week with an aim to expand defence industrial partnership.
- Japanese Ambassador to India, Hiroshi Suzuki, who is currently in Mumbai, took a ride on local train. He shared a photo on Twitter while standing at the gate of the train.
- India has expressed hope that Chinese authorities will facilitate the continued presence of Indian journalists working and reporting from China.
- The Government of India has urged the German authorities to do all that is necessary to send baby Ariha Shah to India at the earliest, which is also her inalienable right as an Indian national.
- Ariha Shah was taken into custody by German authorities more than two years ago on the grounds that she was being harassed by her parents. The toddler has been in foster care in Berlin since then.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan will be on a two-day official visit to Maldives.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- U.S. and Taiwan signed trade deal aimed at deepening economic relations between both sides, as China issues warning.
- Pakistan posts record inflation for second consecutive month; inflation rose to 37.97% in May.
- Pakistan’s consumer price index (CPI)-based inflation rate soared to a record 38% on a year-over-year (YoY) basis in May 2023, the highest since July 1965 — except for a few years in between due to the lack of monthly data.
- The United States Congress has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address a joint meeting of the House of Representatives and Senate during his visit to the country on June 22, according to the statement released by US Congress.
- In a gun battle with terrorists on Thursday, two soldiers were killed in Pakistan’s Singwan, the country’s bordering region with Iran.
- Hockey: India lift Men’s Junior Asia Cup for fourth time, defeating Pakistan in Oman.
- Top Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen enters the men’s singles quarterfinals in the Thailand Open Super 500 tournament.
- Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij on Friday urged the protesting wrestlers to “come out of the clutches of the Opposition leaders” and said that they “shouldn’t get sacrificed for their [Opposition’s] political interests”.
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Bird: Northern goshawk
Mammal: Blackbuck, Indus river dolphin
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Hirakud is the longest earthen Dam in the world and stands across the mighty river, Mahanadi, in the Sambalpur region of Odisha. It was the first major multipurpose river valley project after India’s Independence in 1947.
This human-made structure is located 15 km north of Sambalpur – its majesty only rivaled by the sparkling waters of the river it stands on. With an area of 1,33,090 sq km, the Dam is more than twice the area of Sri Lanka. The main Hirakud Dam has an overall length of 4.8 km (3.0 mi), stretching across the Laxmidungri hills on the left and the cv Chandili Dunguri hills on the right .
😀Thought of the day
Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
🚆 Train mai Pappu apni wife se: Tujhse shaadi karke pachchhta😡🥵 raha hoo, dil karta hai k tujhe kutte🦮 ke daal du..
Saamne Baita passenger🙄 : 🗣️Bhow, BHow, 🗣️BhoW, 🗣️ Bhow …🤪😛😋😜
Why sea waves on full moon 🌊🌊🌕🌝
Around each new moon and full moon, the sun, Earth, and moon arrange themselves more or less along a line in space. Then the pull on the tides increases, because the gravity of the sun reinforces the moon’s gravity. In fact, the height of the average solar tide is about 50 % of the average lunar tide.
आगच्छतु, किञ्चित् काफीं पिबामः । = Come, lets have a cup of coffee.
अहं किं करोमि भोः ? = What shall I do ?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
What is sugar-free tablets made of?
It is made using Sucralose which is a derivative of Sugar. Sucralose tastes like Sugar, but doesn’t contain the same amount of calories. Thus, it allows you to enjoy the sweet flavor of sugar without having to worry about gaining excess calories.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
3rd June: World Bicycle Day
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Muthuvel Karunanidhi (3 June 1924 – 7 August 2018) was an Indian writer and politician who served as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for almost two decades over five terms between 1969 and 2011.
He had the longest tenure as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu with 6,863 days in office
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Comparing apples to oranges
Comparing two things that cannot be compared
Conceal x Reveal
Effective – functional, operational
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
The basic Vedic texts are the Samhita “Collections” of the four Vedas:
Rig-Veda “Knowledge of the Hymns of Praise”, for recitation.
Sama-Veda “Knowledge of the Melodies”, for chanting.
Yajur-Veda “Knowledge of the Sacrificial formulas”, for liturgy.
Atharva-Veda “Knowledge of the Magic formulas”, named after a kind of group of priests
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
BENEFITS OF CHULLI OIL:
Known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Reduces ageing by providing nutrition and support to skin.
Relieve joint pains.
Most powerful Aphrodisiac.
Arrests skin allergy.
Reduce stretch marks.
Nourish the skin by keeping it hydrated.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT