IMPORTANT NEW APPOINTMENTS: https://youtu.be/JJOl7uHsnfg?si=19vnFlyy-vujf-iN
- Vice-President Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar will be on a one-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir on 4th of this month. He will be the Chief Guest at the 8th Convocation of Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology in Jammu.
- PM Modi on Tuesday dedicated to the nation the ₹400 crore Demonstration Fast Reactor Fuel Reprocessing Plant (DFRP) at the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam.
- The fast reactor power generation company Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI) in Kalpakkam is setting up the PFBR and in the future, two more fast reactors will also be built by the company.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will carry out at least 12 launches this year, surpassing previous records, chairman S Somanath said.
- The 10th phase of Sagar Parikrama, a government initiative focused on the welfare of fishing communities and coastal development, took place from January 1st to 6th, 2024, traversing various locations in Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday approved the proposal to set up an eco-friendly industrial hub at Rani Khera in northwest Delhi.
- PM MODI, M K STALIN SHARE THE STAGE IN TAMIL NADU: PM Modi and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin Tuesday ensured that they made their political points without letting the tension between the state and Centre take over. PM Modi was in Trichy to lay the foundation for projects worth Rs 20,000 crore and to attend the 38th convocation ceremony of Bharathidasan University.
- The HARYANA government on Monday announced a cashless medical facility for government employees and their dependents on the occasion of New Year.
- Power Grid Corporation announced a significant change in its leadership on 01 January. Ravindra Kumar Tyagi has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD).
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired a review meeting on the security situation in Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, in wake of recent terror attack there.
- Satwant Atwal Trivedi, a 1996 batch IPS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, has been given the additional charge of the post of Director General of Police (DGP).
- Jammu and Kashmir became the first Union Territory of country to launch prestigious PM Vishwakarma Yojana (PMVY) from Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Shopian.
- World`s Tallest Statue Of Lord Ram To Be Installed Near Saryu River Bank In Ayodhya. An 823-foot-tall statue of Lord Rama, affectionately known as Ram Lalla, is set to adorn the banks of the Saryu River. This colossal sculpture is currently taking shape in a factory in Manesar, Haryana.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University’s Vice Chancellor Prof. B.R. Kamboj has been honoured with the prestigious M.S. Swaminathan Award in recognition of his contributions as a scientist and extension specialist in the field of agronomy.
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s brainchild, the Jagananna Aarogya Suraksha-2 to provide better health services to the poor, started across Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
- Telangana chief minister A Revanth Reddy held a meeting with officials to discuss the Hyderabad Metro Rail’s Phase-II (HMRL) expansion from MGBS to Falaknuma at the Telangana State Secretariat on Tuesday, 02 January.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court of Justice Prz.: Joan Donoghue
- Jammu and Kashmir Police on Sunday announced cash rewards ranging from ₹ 1 lakh to ₹ 12.5 lakh will be given to people who provide information that will lead to tangible action against terrorism and drug trade.
- The Supreme Court (SC) is expected to pronounce the judgment, today on 03 January, in a batch of petitions seeking examination of allegations of fraud made against Adani Group of companies in the Hindenburg Research report.
- Fuel stations in Hyderabad go dry as motorists queue up. The drivers had called for a strike given the stringent penalties prescribed against hit-and-run cases under the new criminal laws. Under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, those involved in such accidents can face up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to ₹ 7 lakh, in case they do not inform the authorities of the accident.
- BSP leader Yakub Qureshi’s benami property worth Rs 31 crore seized under Gangster Act.
- The strike called by truck drivers’ association has been called off, following a meeting held between the representatives of the association and Union home ministry officials in New Delhi on 02 January.
- The Hindu petitioners seeking direction from the district magistrate of Varanasi for cleaning the entire area of ‘wazukhana’ or ablution pond of Gyanvapi mosque, have filed an application to this end.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Bihar government to put the break-up of the caste survey data in the public domain so that those aggrieved can challenge the findings.
- Union Home Ministry a meeting with All India Motor Transport Congress to discuss their concerns related to the new provisions of hit-and-run cases under the newly-passed Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita. Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla chaired the meeting in New Delhi.
- Union minister and Telangana state BJP president G. Kishan Reddy said on Tuesday that the Central government will deploy the CBI within 48 hours to probe the financial irregularities and scam in the Kaleshwaram project if the Congress-led state government writes to the Centre.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva
$ USD ₹ 83.26
💷 GBP ₹ 105.11
€ Euro: ₹ 92.12
GDP rate (2023) : 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
India is the fifth largest economy in the world.
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr
(17.7% of the total world population).
BSE SENSEX: 71,892.48 −379.46 (0.53%)🔻
NIFTY: 21,665.80 −76.10 (0.35%) 🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 63,800/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 78,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 76/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 106/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
- Jaipur-based energy start-up Cancrie has begun producing nanomaterials using agricultural wastes for use in batteries and capacitors boosting their energy efficiency.
- CCI approves acquisition of GVK Power’s 540 MW power plant by Punjab govt: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposed acquisition of GVK Power (Goindwal Sahib) Limited by Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd (PSPCL), the commission said on 02 January.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): R Madhavan
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Tamil Nadu BJP leader Arjunamurthy on Tuesday met Rajinikanth on behalf of Ram Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra and invited him to the grand Ram Mandir consecration ceremony in Ayodhya on January 22.
- Popular Telugu actor Junior NTR, also known as Young Tiger, recently took to Twitter to express his shock and concern after learning about the devastating earthquake that struck Japan. The actor revealed that he and his family were present in Japan during the seismic event and shared his heartfelt wishes for the swift recovery of those affected.
Supreme Commander of Armed Forces: The President
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Def Minister of State: Ajay Bhatt
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Indian army gears up to induct 1st batch of Apache attack 🚁 developed by the US-based aviation giant Boeing in February-March 2024.
- The HAL Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (TEDBF) is slated to be ready by 2026, with production commencing by 2032. The Naval TEJAS serves as a crucial technology demonstrator, paving the way for the TEDBF and underlining India’s commitment to advancing niche technologies for deck-based fighter operations.
- India’s newest stealth destroyer INS IMPHAL firing a BrahMos supersonic cruise missileIndia’s biggest defence export deal is expected to be worth around $375 million and is set to be delivered in late February or early March 2024.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first all-girl Sainik School in Vrindavan, Mathura district, Uttar Pradesh.
- The collaborative military exercise ‘Desert Cyclone 2024‘ is set to mark a significant milestone in the partnership between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Scheduled to take place in Rajasthan from January 2 to January 15, this joint manoeuvre aims to enhance interoperability through the exchange of knowledge and best practices, particularly in urban operations.
- Lieutenant General RC Tiwari took charge of the crucial Rising Sun Eastern Command, based in Kolkata.
- Indian Navy, Vice-Admiral B Sivakumar assumed the role of Controller Warship Production and Acquisition.
- Vice-Admiral Kiran Deshmukh took charge as the Chief of Material of the Navy.
- Lieutenant General Navin Sachdeva Monday took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the army’s elite White Knight Corps.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- India has made “irrelevant” Pakistan’s policy of using cross-border terrorism to bring it to the table for dialogue, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has affirmed that Canadian politics have given space to Khalistani forces and also allowed them to indulge in activities that adversely impact bilateral relations between India and Canada.
- India has expressed solidarity with Japan and its people in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami that struck Ishikawa and nearby prefectures of the country.
- India has formally requested Pakistan to expedite the release and repatriation of 184 Indian fishermen who have completed their sentence, along with immediate consular access to the remaining 12 civilian prisoners believed to be Indian.
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Russia has begun the 2024 BRICS chairmanship, Russian President Vladimir Putin has emphasised that, under the motto “Strengthening Multilateralism for Equitable Global Development and Security,” they will act precisely in this manner and focus on positive and constructive cooperation with all countries concerned.”On January 1, Russia was passed the baton of the BRICS chairmanship.
- Japan Airlines Aircraft Flight 516, Catches Fire at Haneda Airport; plane was engulfed in flames at Tokyo’s Haneda airport after a collision with a Coast Guard aircraft.
- All 379 passengers and crew of the Japan Airlines plane escaped but five of the six crew of the coast guard plane were killed.
- Jeay Sindh Freedom Movement (JSFM), a political party working for the freedom of Sindhu Desh, highlighted that the Pakistan terrorist intelligence agencies have started an operation against them, adding that a false Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) case has been lodged against JSFM worker Sajjad Mallah.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is once again in the spotlight as President Felix Tshisekedi secures victory in the highly contested December 20 election. President Tshisekedi emerged victorious with approximately 73% of the vote, leaving his closest rival, Moise Katumbi, with 18%.
- The terrorist organisation Hamas has also confirmed that Israel killed its deputy commander, Saleh al-Arouri, in Lebanon earlier on Tuesday night.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- WOMEN’S CRICKET
Tuesday, 02 Jan 2024
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai
- Australia-women Team
- India-women Team
- AUSW 338-7 (50)
- INDW 148 (32.4)
- Australia Women won by 190 runs
- PLAYER OF THE MATCH & THE SERIES: Phoebe Litchfield
- Australia-women Team
- PRO KABADDI
02 Jan 2024
Noida Indoor Stadium, Noida
- Gujarat Giants- 28
- Dabang Delhi K.C.- 35
- Gujarat Giants- 28
BIHAR = PATNA
Before: Part of Bengal Province
Formation: 22 Mar 1912
Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
Chief minister: Nitish Kumar (JD(U))
BIRD: House sparrow
FISH: Walking catfish
TREE: Peepal tree
In Bharat there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of Bharat:142 cr (2023)
President of Bharat: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
Karnataka: The region was popularly referred to as ‘Karnata desa’ in Indian history. The other accepted derivative comes from the Kannada words karu and nādu meaning elevated land, or from the Kannada words kal and nādu meaning rock country, referring to the rocky terrain of the state. Another etymological derivative of the name comes from lear or black—a reference to the black cotton soil of the region. Mysore state was renamed Karnataka in 1973.
The person who talks most of his own virtue is often the least virtuous.
Laughing At Your Own Mistakes, Can Lengthen Your Life.”-Shakespear
“Laughing At ur Wife’s Mistakes,Can Shorten ur Life.” -Shakespear wife
Why is Sunday called Holiday?
According to the Bible, God created the earth and everything in six days and rested the seventh day i.e sabbath. British rule in India, which followed the christian religion, made it a mandatory leave on sunday. Even after they left, the rules stuck by. Hence sunday is a holiday.
When India was under British rule, the mill workers in India had to figure hard for all seven days of every week. They didn’t get any holiday or any quite leave to urge rest. … Sunday is that the day of the Hindu deity ‘Khandoba’. Hence Sunday should be declared as a holiday”.
अहम् गच्छामि |: I go
आवां गच्छावः We two go
वयं गच्छामः We go
यूयं गच्छथ You go
Gold सुवर्णम्, कनकम्, हिरण्यम्
How does a pressure cooker works ?
The pressure cooker was invented in the seventeenth century by the physicist Denis Papin, and works by expelling air from the vessel, and trapping the steam produced from the boiling liquid inside. This raises the internal pressures and permits high cooking temperatures. A pressure cooker works on a simple principle: Steam pressure. A sealed pot, with a lot of steam inside, builds up high pressure, which helps food cook faster.
ICICI – Industrial Credit Investment Corporation of India. It was established in 1955 as a public limited company.
Headquartered is at Mumbai.
Rani Velu Nachiyar (3 Jan 1730 – 25 Dec 1796) was a queen of Sivaganga estate from c. 1780–1790. She was the first queen to fight against the British colonial power in India. She is known by Tamils as Veeramangai (“brave woman”)
Bite off more than you can chew
Take on a project that you cannot finish
Gloomy × Cheerful
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Crow. A crow as the vehicle of Shani Dev indicates lot of tensions in the life of the person. There are problems not only in the professional life, but the family life also is affected negatively. Tensions at home might disturb the peace of the person’s mind, and the person might have to face many problems at work.
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
To stop a nosebleed: sit down and firmly pinch the soft part of your nose, just above your nostrils, for at least 10-15 minutes. lean forward and breathe through your mouth – this will drain blood into your nose instead of down the back of your throat.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️