03 Apr (Sunday)
पक्ष :: Shukla
Month: Chaitra 16, (Purnimata)/ Chaitra 02(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Ashwini (up to 12:37 pm) Bharani
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 12:38 pm) Tritiya
RahuKaal: 05:07 PM – 06:39 PM WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW : https://youtu.be/2-_xcWTOR_g
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Traditional New Year Ugadi/Gudi Padwa being celebrated in different parts of the country; Chaitra Navratri festival also begins on 02 Apr. The festival symbolises the victory of good over evil. Chaitra is the first month of the year as per the Hindu calendar.
- The holy month of Ramzan will begin today as the moon was sighted on Saturday evening in many parts of the country. Today will be the first day of fasting. PM Modi extends greetings on commencement of Ramzan.
- Over 184 crore 52 lakh vaccine doses administered so far in the country.
- A heat wave is sweeping North, Central and Western parts of the country. Temperatures have soared above 40 degrees Celsius in Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- The Indian Metrological Department (IMD) on Saturday said that heatwave spell will continue over Jammu Division, Himachal Pradesh, Vidarbha and Gujarat till 3 April. The weather department also mentioned that very heavy rainfall will occur over Arunachal Pradesh and Assam-Meghalaya from till 4 April.
- National Commission for Women launched an Anti-Human Trafficking Cell on 02 April. It aims to improve effectiveness in tackling cases of human trafficking, raising awareness among women and girls.
- Recent decision to withdraw AFSPA from major areas of Assam, Nagaland, Manipur is a revolutionary decision: Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said.
- GUJARAT : Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal & Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann, held a roadshow in Ahmedabad on Saturday ahead of Gujarat polls scheduled for later this year.
- HIMACHAL : Apple growers halt work on power project near Himachal’s Rampur. Fruit growers have forced the authorities to temporarily stop work at Luhri Stage-1 Hydro Electric Project, Neerath, near Rampur, claiming dust emanating from the site due to blasting is affecting pollination in apple.
- J&K : The first-ever Kayaking and Canoeing marathon was held in J&K’s Srinagar on Saturday. The marathon started from the Zero Bridge to Habba Kadal bridge on the Jhelum river. This event was organised as a part of ‘My Youth, My Pride’, J&K Sports Council Secretary, Nuzhat Gul, said,
- JHARKHAND : Illegal gun factory busted in Jharkhand’s Dumka, 6 arrested by a joint team of Jharkhand Police and Kolkata Police on 02 Apr.
- MAHARASHTRA : Days after Maharashtra government said it isn’t mandatory to wear masks, CM Uddhav Thackeray urged people to wear masks for as long as he and his deputy Ajit Pawar continue to wear them.
- RAJASTHAN : Curfew was imposed in Karauli city of Rajasthan after communal tension broke out following stone-pelting at a motorcycle rally passing through a Muslim-dominated area on Nav Samvatsar, the first day of the new year under the Hindu calendar on Saturday.
- Several bikes and over a dozen shops have been set on fire and 650 additional police personnel are being deployed to maintain law and order.
- TAMIL NADU :State BJP unit president K Annamalai has been given Y security in the wake of heightened threat perception by the Ministry of Home Affairs while he is aggressively seen working to raise the footprint of the party in the state.
- UTTAR PRADESH : State govt launches special campaign for women security on occasion of 1st day of Navratri.
- A woman in UP’s Etah prevented a train accident by hanging her red saree on railway track to signal a train to stop after noticing damage to the track. Pictures from the incident showed the saree propped up in the middle of the track with the help of wooden sticks. The train going to Tundla stopped after getting the signal.
💷 GBP 99.66
BSE Sensex 59,276.69
NIFTY : 17,670.45
Parliament this week gave its seal of approval to the Finance Bill, 2022 with the Rajya Sabha returning it to the Lok Sabha. Parliament also passed the Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2022.
- The Kashmir Files Crosses 300 Crore Mark at The Worldwide Box Office:. Nationalist Congress Party Sharad Pawar on Thursday said a movie like The Kashmir Files should not have been cleared for screening,. Sharad Pawar said, addressing a convention of the minorities department of the Delhi unit of his party.
Director Vivek Agnihotri expressed surprise and said he does not know what’s up with the veteran politician. Agnihotri said he and his wife actor Pallavi Joshi met Sharad Pawar and his wife on a flight a few days ago where they were congratulated and blessed by the Pawar couple.
- April 1 released Movie – John Abraham’s “Attack – Part 1” struggled on the first day at the box office. The science fiction action film, directed by Lakshya Raj Anand, had big expectations before its release. The movie is based on the concept of a super soldier, which is new in Indian cinema.
John Abraham has penned the story of “Attack”, which is produced by Jayantilal Gada, Ajay Kapoor, and Bhaumik Gondaliya under the banner of Pen India Limited and AK Productions.
- Malaika Arora admitted to hospital after car accident. She received injury near her eye in a pile-up between vehicles near Mumbai. Three vehicles rammed into each other and all three vehicles have received damages.
- India has been importing weapons and oil from Russia. The defence ministry was looking to clear Russian payments worth around Rs 11,500 crore by the end of the financial year.
- Unable to Clear Rouble Payments, India Orders Indigenous Weapons to Use Up Defence Capital Budget.
- India has placed a number of orders to procure indigenous equipment and weapon systems in the last three weeks to exhaust its defence capital funds after it was unable to clear sanctions-hit Russia’s scheduled payments running into Rs 11,500 crore approximately.
The latest orders include:
(a) 15 Light Combat Helicopters for Rs 3,887 crore
(b) Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range with Rs 1,109 crore for the IAF.
(c) Rs 1,993 crore contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for Advanced Electronic Warfare Suite for upgrading MiG-29 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force (IAF) and a contract with M/s Larsen and Toubro Limited to acquire two multi-purpose vessels for the Indian Navy for Rs 887 crore.
- Some payments has also been cleared. Which include over Rs 1,300 crore for the 118 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) Arjun Mark 1 A for the Army, the order for which was placed last year with the Armoured Vehicles Nigam Limited (AVNL) formed after subsuming 12 ordnance factories.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh 02 Apr attended conclave organised by the Indian Air Force Station, Hakimpet, Telangana to commemorate Diamond Jubilee celebrations of Chetak helicopter’s service to the nation.
(i) The Chetak, a two-tonne helicopter, has a maximum speed of 185kmph and a range of 500km.
(ii) The single-engine helicopter can carry seven people, including two pilots.
(iii) IAF inducted the French-origin helicopters, called Aloutte III, in 1962. The last Chetak helicopter was delivered to the air force by HAL in March 2021.
(iv) Around 15 Chetak and Cheetah helicopters have crashed in the past 10 to 12 years. It has been used for training pilots at HTS and has been the backbone of the rotary wing fleets of the services as well as in civil aviation.
- The Karaikal base of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) got the Interceptor Boat ICGS C-436 on 01 April. Defence Ministry said that the vessel is set to give a major fillip to its operations in the vast coastline of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
The indigenously built ship C-436 is the 36th interceptor boat of its series. It is fitted with modern navigation and communication equipment capable of operating in tropical sea conditions and for close coast surveillance.
- The DRDO-developed Naval Anti-Ship Missile (NASM) has been completed, and integration with the Sea King helicopter has commenced. The DRDO was working on a Naval Short Range Anti-Ship Missile (NASM-SR) with a range of 55 kilometres for use with Sea King helicopters and maybe in the future with MH-60R helicopters or the Dhruv helicopter.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi held delegation-level talks with his Nepalese counterpart Sher Bahadur Deuba in New Delhi on 02 Apr.
- Pakistan Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa on 02 Apr said that Islamabad believes in resolving all issues with India through dialogue and that his country is ready to move forward on Kashmir if India agrees.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan has said that a “powerful country” which is backing India is angry with Pakistan because of his recent visit to Russia to meet President Vladimir Putin. His remarks came after his government summoned the US Charge d’Affaires in Islamabad to lodge a protest over US’ alleged attempt to interfere with the country’s internal affairs.
- RUSSIA OFFERS STEEP DISCOUNTS ON OIL TO INDIA: Russia wants India to buy 15 million barrels in the first deal.
Russia has also offered rupee-rouble-denominated payments using its SPFS financial messaging system – since Moscow has been banned from SWIFT – that could make trading more attractive for India.
- India, Australia ink Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement to boost bilateral ties.
- India and Turkmenistan signed four agreements, including in financial intelligence and disaster management, as President Ram Nath Kovind met his Turkmen counterpart Serdar Berdimuhamedov on 02 Apr. This is the first-ever visit of the President of India to independent Turkmenistan.
- Indian traders have started loading 40,000 tonnes of rice for prompt shipment to Sri Lanka in the first major food aid since Colombo secured a credit line from New Delhi.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Pak PM Imran Khan is set to face a no-trust motion in the assembly on Sunday in Pakistan. A petition was moved Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in the Supreme Court on Saturday seeking the suspension of the assembly proceedings.
- Ukraine’s economy shrank 16% year-on-year in the first quarter of this year and could contract 40% in 2022 as a result of Russia’s military operation.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
(i) Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals,
Rajasthan Royals won by 23 runs
RR – 193/8 (20)
MI – 170/8 (20)
Player of the Match
(ii) Gujarat Titans vs Delhi Capitals,
Gujarat Titans won by 14 runs
GT – 171/6 (20)
DC – 157/9 (20)
(iii) Apr 03, Sun
Chennai Super Kings vs Punjab Kings
11th Match at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
Apr 03, Sun
Australia Women vs England Women
Final at Hagley Oval, Christchurch
06:30 IST / 01:00 GMT
- The Badminton Association of India (BAI) on Saturday decided to conduct selection trials at the Indira Gandhi Stadium from April 15 to 20 to pick teams for the upcoming major events such as Thomas and Uber Cup, Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.
- Pakistan captain Babar Azam has created history by becoming the fastest batter to reach 16 hundreds in ODI cricket, achieving the feat during the third ODI against Australia in Lahore. The 27-year-old batter reached the milestone in his 84th ODI innings. The previous record was held by ex-South Africa batter Hashim Amla, who reached 16 hundreds in 94 ODI innings.
- Pakistan win an ODI series against Australia in 20 years:. Pakistan beat Australia by nine wickets in third and final ODI in Lahore to clinch the three-match series 2-1.
Formed : 1 Nov1956
Gvnr : Arif Mohd Khan
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
Dist : 14
🥇Gold ₹ 52,310@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 71,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 114.30
⛽ Diesel ₹ 101.15
AUTOGAS. ₹ 55.00
LPG : 909/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jammu has historically been the capital of Jammu Province and the winter capital of the east, while Jammu and Kashmir princely state (1846–1952). Jambu Lochan was the brother of Raja Bahu Lochan who constructed a fort, Bahu Fort, on the bank of river Tawi. The city name figures in the ancient book Mahabharata. Excavation near Akhnoor, 32 kilometres (20 mi) from Jammu city, provides evidence that Jammu was once part of the Harappan civilization.
😀 Thought of the day
Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before
JOKE OF THE DAY
Do bachche aapas mein baaten kar rahe thy.
Ek bachcha : mere daada jee 50 laakh chhod kar mare the.
Dusra bachcha : isamen kaun see badi baat hai mere daada jee
saari duniya chhod kar mare the.😀🤪🤣
What Is Vitiligo? Why it happens
Vitiligo is a condition in which white patches develop on the skin. Any location on the body can be affected, and most people with vitiligo have white patches on many areas.
Vitiligo is caused by the lack of a pigment called melanin in the skin. Melanin is produced by skin cells called melanocytes, and it gives your skin its colour. In vitiligo, there are not enough working melanocytes to produce enough melanin in your skin. This causes white patches to develop on your skin or hair
अम्लपित्तम् : Amlapittaṁ
Vridhi: वृद्धि, : ‘growth’,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How an Ear hearing aid works 🦻🏻
A hearing aid has three basic parts: a microphone, amplifier, and speaker. The hearing aid receives sound through a microphone, which converts the sound waves to electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier increases the power of the signals and then sends them to the ear through a speaker.
The sound waves are gathered by the outer ear and sent down the ear canal to the eardrum. The sound waves cause the eardrum to vibrate, which sets the three tiny bones in the middle ear into motion. The motion of the bones causes the fluid in the inner ear or cochlea to move. cochlea, causes changes in tiny structures called hair cells.
How we can lose our hearing
The path between your outer ear and your brain can be blocked or damaged in many different places and in a number of different ways, so people can become deaf or lose some or all of their hearing for lots of different reasons. One of the most common types of hearing loss happens when the hairs in the cochlea become damaged. If there are fewer hairs, sounds produce less stimulation in your brain—so things need to be louder for you to hear them. That’s where hearing aids come in. They can’t help everyone with impaired hearing, but they can often make a difference to hearing problems caused by a loss of cochlear hair cells or damage to other parts of the inner ear.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Brazil : Brasília
President : Jair Bolsonaro
Independence from Portugal : 7 Sep 1822
Currency :Real (R$) (BRL)
1 Brazilian Real :
16.31 Indian Rupee
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Maniben Patel (3 April 1903 – 1990) was an Indian independence movement activist and a Member of the Indian parliament.
She was the daughter of freedom fighter and post-Independence Indian leader Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Jaya Prada (born 3 April 1962) is an Indian film actress and politician.Jaya Prada is the recipient of three Filmfare Awards South and has starred in many Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali and Marathi films.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He’s sitting on the fence
He can’t make up his mind
Contrary – Opposite
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
MIRABAI मीराबाई, (1498–1556) was a 16th-century Hindu mystic poet and devotee of Lord Krishna. Meera unwillingly married Bhoj Raj, the crown prince of Mewar, in 1516. Her husband was wounded in one of the ongoing wars with the Delhi Sultanate in 1518, and he died of battle wounds in 1521. Both her father and father in law died few days after the battle of Khanwa in exile as they had vowed not to return to Mewar until they had defeated Babur. After the death of her father-in-law, Vikram Singh became the ruler of Mewar.
Meera’s love for Krishna was not liked by her in-laws and her mother-in-law insisted her to worship Durga Maa as her in-laws worshiped Durga Devi, but Meera did not. During that time, she told the in-laws clearly that she had already done her life in the name of Shri Krishna.
According to a popular legend, her in-laws tried many times to execute her, such as sending Meera a glass of poison and telling her it was nectar or sending her a basket with a snake instead of flowers. According to the hagiographic legends, she was not harmed in either case, with the snake miraculously becoming a Krishna idol (or a garland of flowers depending on the version).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
TAMARIND (Imli) has long been touted as a natural laxative that stimulates your metabolism and further keeps your digestive system strong. Fibre helps smoothen the process of moving the stool easily through your intestinal tract. Tamarind also stimulates the activity of bile that helps dissolve the food quickly speeding up digestion.
Tamarind has traditionally been used as a laxative because it has high amounts of malic and tartaric acids. Tamarind also contains potassium bitartrate, which, along with other active ingredients, relieves constipation.
Constipation and diarrhea often cause abdominal pain. Tamarind bark and root extracts have been proven to be effective in curing stomach ache. In Nigeria, soaked tamarind is eaten to deal with constipation
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼