𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
31 Oct (Sunday)
Month: Kartika 11 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 25 (Amanta)
Titi: Dashami (up to 2:27 pm) Ekadashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- HAPPY NATIONAL UNITY DAY 2021 : For it’s History & Why Is It Celebrated…get information
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 106 Crore landmark milestone. Till now, more than 106 crore 7 lakh 39 thousand vaccine doses have been administered.
- Voting concludes peacefully for Bye-Elections to three LS, 29 Assembly constituencies in 13 states.
- All India Radio’s prestigious annual Sardar Patel Memorial Lecture will be delivered this year by India’s Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat. CDS General Bipin Rawat will talk about ‘Role of Indian Armed Forces in Nation Building’. The lecture will be broadcast on the occasion of Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary today across All India Radio Network at 9:30 PM.
- Indian Railway has introduced a special train 01684/01683 called Gati Shakti Express to ease the extra rush of passengers during festive seasons like Diwali and Chhath Puja. Train will run between Anand Vihar Terminal-Patna-Anand Vihar Terminal.
- Centre says, it is committed to release funds for proper implementation of MGNREGA scheme. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, scheme. provides the guarantee of at least 100 days of wage employment against the demand made by a household in a rural area.
- Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has decided to request the Centre to take up caste-based census to mention other backward classes (OBCs) in the national census for 2021. Recently, on October 8, Telangana government also adopted a similar resolution in state assembly.
- Delhi : Cracking whip on manufacturers of banned crackers including those storing and selling them camouflaged as green crackers, the Supreme Court on Friday said that any “flouting or disobedience” of its detections can’t be “tolerated” and ordered that chief secretary of state, heads of administration in Union Territory and police at all level will be personally liable for any flouting of directions issued since 2017.
- Himachal Pradesh: Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar inaugurated the Great Wall of Shimla, a ‘waste-to-wealth’ initiative of Orchid Shimla. The Great Wall of Shimla, an enviroscope mural, about 275 feet long and 15 feet high, has been created using approximately five lakh waste bottle caps and carbon free recycled plastic.
- J&K : Two soldiers have been martyred and three others were injured in a mine blast in the Nowshera-Sunderbani sector in Jammu and Kashmir close to the Line of Control (LoC),
- Mumbai : Petrol, diesel prices hiked for fourth consecutive day.
The petrol in retail cost stands at Rs 114.81 per litre whereas diesel costs Rs 105.86 per litre in Mumbai.
- Telangana state government, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Friday ordered a stay on the construction of Palamuru-Ranga Reddy lift irrigation project scheme (PRLIS) until environmental clearances were obtained from the Centre.
- UTTARKHAND : Union Minister for Home Affairs and Cooperation Amit Shah along with UK CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana, computerization of six hundred 70 cooperative societies and Cooperative Society Training Centre in Dehradun.
Kannada star Puneeth Rajkumar Death: Will be cremated with full state honours on Sunday. Power Star Puneeth Rajkumar died after suffering a heart attack on Friday. His fans bid final goodbye to him at the Kanteerava Studios in Bengaluru.
Actor Puneeth Rajkumar’s funeral has been postponed to Sunday 31 Oct, because of the delayed arrival of the actor’s daughter (Druthi, who is flying in from New York).
- India will soon achieve the target of Rs 3500 crore exports in the aerospace and defence sector, under the leadership of PM Modi, said Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The Indian Army has set up a voluntary civil defence force along the Line of Control in Jammu district, officials said on Friday. The force, comprising ex-serviceman and volunteer youth of border villages of the Akhnoor region, was raised in the Jourian border belt of the district, they said. “It aims to strengthen rear area security during war,”
- The Defence Ministry, in an order dated October 29, 2021, announced an increase in the maximum limit of family pension payable to a child/children in accordance with the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC). The decision was taken by the ministry ahead of Diwali, making the festival even sweeter.
- Russia’s Yantar shipyard launches first Talwar-class ‘Batch III’ frigate for Indian Navy :
Russia’s Yantar Shipyard has launched the first of four follow-on Talwar (Project 1135.6)-class guided-missile frigates being acquired by the Indian Navy (IN) as part of inter-governmental agreements (IGAs) signed between New Delhi and Moscow in late 2018. Named Tushil, the 124.8 m-long vessel – which will be the seventh ship of the class for the IN – entered the water.
- A 14-day joint training exercise between the armies of India and the US has concluded at Elmendorf Richardson joint base in Alaska,
A total of 300 US Army soldiers belonging to First Squadron (Airborne) of the 40th Cavalry Regiment and 350 soldiers of the 7 Madras Infantry Battalion Group of Indian Army participated in the exercise that ended on Friday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- COVID-19 pandemic: India extends ban on International flights till November 30
- India has clearly told Pakistan that action against terrorism will be taken not only on this side of the border but also on their side if needed, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said.
- The 14th meeting of the Nepal-India Bilateral Consultative Group on Security Issues, which commenced on 28 Oct and saw deliberations on crucial matters like training and capacity building between the two nations, concluded in Bengaluru on 29 Oct, a statement issued by the Nepal Army said. Nepal-India bilateral consultative group was set up in 2003 for holding regular discussion.
- The Joint Working Group (JWG) of India and Israel has agreed to form a task force to formulate a comprehensive 10-year roadmap to identify new areas of defence cooperation,
- The 16th G-20 Summit has begun in Rome, Italy. PM Modi along with global leaders participated in the Summit. This year, the Summit is centered around the theme – People, Planet, Prosperity.
PM Modi invited Pope Francis to visit India during a “very warm” meeting at the Vatican City which lasted for an hour on Saturday,
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Saudi Arabia has ordered Lebanon’s Ambassador to leave within 48 hours over comments by a Lebanese Minister. The kingdom has also imposed a blanket ban on all imports from Lebanon. The move comes days after remarks by Lebanon’s Information Minister about the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen sparked outrage in the kingdom.
- CEO Mark Zuckerberg changes Facebook’s name to Meta, announces Metaverse plan to create new virtual world.
- A Pakistan military court has convicted the son of a retired major general of the Pakistan Army to five years prison term for asking Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa to resign. The report stated that Hassan Askari, son of Maj Gen (R) Zafar Mehdi Askari, was convicted under treason charges for criticising the Pak Army chief’s extension in a letter to him.
- Japan, people will vote today (Sunday) in Parliamentary polls with Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s party fighting to save its majority in the lower house. The polls come at a time when the country is debating the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic as well as worsening economic inequality. Japan’s Parliament has already been dissolved ahead of polls. The ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) had 276 seats in the 465-member chamber while its coalition partner Komeito had 29.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
- Oct 30, Sat
South Africa vs Sri Lanka
25th Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Sharjah Cricket Stadium,
SL – 142 (20)
RSA – 146/6 (19.5)
South Africa won by 4 wkts
- Oct 30, Sat
England vs Australia
26th Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
AUS – 125 (20)
ENG – 126/2 (11.4)
England won by 8 wkts
- Oct 31, Sun
Afghanistan vs Namibia
27th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
Oct 31, Sun
India vs New Zealand
28th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- French Open Badminton tournament, Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu lost to Japan’s Sayaka Takahashi 21-18, 16-21, 12-21 in the semi-final of the women’s singles in Paris.
$USD 74.93 💷GBP 102.54
BHUTAN : THIMPHU
PM : Lotay Tshering
1 Bhutan currency :
1.00 Indian Rupee
Currency The Bhutan Ngultrum (BTN)
🥇Gold : 26,878@10 gm 24 (Krt)
⛽ Petrol ₹ 113.39/Ltr BTN rate
BSE Sensex 59,306.93
NIFTY : 17,671.65
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
31 Oct: The last day of former PM Indira Gandhi:. Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated at 9:29 a.m. on 31 October 1984 at her residence in Safdarjung Road, New Delhi. She was killed by her bodyguards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh in the aftermath of Operation Blue Star. Operation Blue Star was an Indian military action carried out between 1 and 8 June 1984, ordered by Indira Gandhi to remove Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and his followers from the holy Golden temple of the Harmandir Sahib in Amritsar, Punjab. The collateral damage included the death of many pilgrims, as well as damage to the Akal Takht. The military action on the sacred temple was criticized by Sikhs both inside and outside India.
😀Thought of the day
Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.
JOKE OF THE DAY
In the exam hall.
Examiner : why you wrote the formula in your hand.
Pappu : Because my master told me that, formulas must be on finger tips.
Goose bumps are created when tiny muscles at the base of each hair, known as arrector pili muscles, contract and pull the hair erect. The reflex is started by the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for many fight-or-flight responses.
However, goose bumps can also occur due to intense emotional arousal. Emotions such as excitement, awe, happiness, sadness, fear and sexual arousal can all stimulate physiological responses in the body which can stimulate this tingly, hair raising sensation
अतिरोषणश्चक्षुष्मानन्ध एव जनः।
atiroṣaṇaścakṣuṣmānandha eva janaḥ।
An exceedingly angry person is blind even when possessing eyes.
अत्यन्त क्रोधी व्यक्ति आँखें रखते हुए भी अन्धा होता है।
श्लक्ष्णक Smooth, soft. Beautiful, charming.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a whitish thick layer form over milk?
Milk forms a skin on top when heated because of a chemical reaction that affects how protein and fat molecules interact with each other. When milk is heated rapidly, some of the water in it evaporates from the surface. This exposes proteins and fat molecules, which bind and dry out as warming continues. These proteins, casein and beta, clump together when the liquid reaches a temperature of around 113 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (45 to 50 Celsius). As the heating continues, the soft protein layer begins to dry out, which is why the milk forms a skin on the liquid’s surface.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Statue of Unity , the world’s tallest statue, was dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31 October 2018 which is approximately 182 metres (597 ft) in height. He is also called the “Unifier of India”. & Iron man of India
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel (31 October 1875 – 15 December 1950), popularly known as Sardar Patel , was an Indian politician. He served as the first Deputy Prime Minister of India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A slap on the wrist :
Eg : Just a small punishment
You will get a slap on the wrist for painting this wall but don’t dare to do it again.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
What is the difference between the meanings that Vishnu Tilaka and Shiva Tilaka signify?
Vishnu tilak is called Urdhvapundra i.e. a u shape faced upwards (urdhva).
The two lines are Dnyana and Karma and the middle bridge is Bhakti that connects both of them.
Shiva’s tilak is the Tripundra (3 lines) which may denote Sat , Rajas and Tamas or may also denote Bhur , Bhuvah , Svah , &/or may also denote the trinity. Bhrama Vishnu Maheshwar
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
JEERA WATER BENEFIT
Cumin seeds are packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, Vitamin A, C, copper, and manganese.
Jeera water is the solution you get by soaking cumin seeds in water for a few hours.
Drinking jeera water concoction can help detoxifies your body, remove all the toxins from it, suppresses hunger hormones and even speed up the metabolism. It also helps to burn belly fat and lose weight effective.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼