Today’s Top News:
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio Sunday . It will be the 73rd episode of the monthly radio programme. It will be broadcast on the entire network of AIR and Doordarshan and also on AIR News website www.newsonair.com and newsonair Mobile App.
- PM Modi on Saturday (January 30, 2021) addressed the All-Party Meeting on Budget Session of Parliament and said that the proposal given by Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to the farmer unions still stands.
- The Rajya Sabha on Friday paid rich tributes to its three members Ram Vilas Paswan, Ahmed Patel and Abhay Bharadwaj and 11 former members who died during the interregnum period from its last sitting. Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu read out obituary references.
- The nation pays homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 73rd death anniversary. 💐 The day is also observed as Martyrs’ Day. He was assassinated on this day in 1948.
- The Delhi Police on Saturday (January 30, 2021) said that it has so far registered 38 FIRs and arrested 84 people in connection with the tractor rally violence on January 26.
- ISRO chairman K Sivan is likely to inaugurate the ‘SriShakthiSat’ ground station at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology in Coimbatore . The station will help monitor the satellite developed by the institute, which is set to be launched by the ISRO. A satellite communication lab was established in the college in 2010.
- Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will join hands with Superstar Kamal Haasan’s Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) for the upcoming Tamilnadu polls . AAP, which recently announced that it will contest elections in six states – Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat has now taken the Southern plunge too. Tamil Nadu is set to go to the polls in April-May.
- BJP formally announced its tie-up with the ruling AIADMK for the Tamil Nadu Assembly election due in April-May this year.
- 5 ex-Trinamool leaders joined the BJP in the presence of Home Minister Amit Shah at his residence on Saturday. The 5 leaders – Rajib Banerjee, Baishali Dalmiya, Prabir Ghoshal, Rathin Chakraborti, and Rudranil Ghosh who recently left Trinamool, met Shah in Delhi
- Bhim Army chief Chandrashekhar Azad met farmer leader Rakesh Tikait at Ghazipur on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh border and said the Dalit group will provide all help to strengthen the agitation against the new farm laws.
- Serum Institute of India’s (SII’s) chief executive officer Adar Poonawalla said on Saturday his company is hopeful of launching Covovax, a vaccine against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) which has been developed in partnership with Novavax, by June this year.
- Former All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader VK Sasikala, who tested positive for COVID-19 last week, is now asymptomatic and is maintaining saturation without oxygen , said the Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute (BMRCI) on Saturday.
- A temple dedicated to late Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa and her mentor MG Ramachandran in Madurai inaugurated by Chief Minister E Palaniswami on Saturday
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot urges PM Modi to hold direct talks with farmers over Farm Laws
- A Lashkar-e-Taiba associate has been arrested in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday (January 30, 2021): The Awantipora Police along with 50 RR and 110 Bn CRPF arrested one terror associate of proscribed outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba involved in providing shelter, logistic and other support to the terrorists in Pampore and Khrew areas.
- A video of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi relishing a spicy ‘kalaan biryani'(mushroom biryani) and a onion side dish he made, with some Tamil Nadu villagers in true south Indian style, has gone viral on social media.
- The first direct flight operations between Nashik (Maharashtra) and Belgaum (Karnataka) started today under the RCS-UDAN (Regional Connectivity Scheme — Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) of the Government of India .
- India’s Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Mukund Naravane, says that in the coming years, army will buy locally made small arms and ammunition and will shun dependence on foreign sourcing for personal weapons of soldiers.
- Haryana govt extends suspension of mobile internet in 17 districts till January 31
- The Uttarakhand government on Saturday (January 30) decided to reopen schools for Classes 6th to 12th from February 8.
- COVID-19: More than 37 lakh healthcare workers vaccinated across India, announces Ministry of Health.
- Russia announced on Saturday (January 30) that it will resume issuing visas to all categories of Indian citizens for those travelling by air as well as the ones with residence permits. The Indian govt extended the ban on international commercial flights till February 28 on Thursday. It was supposed to end on January 31 earlier.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar holds telephonic conversation with US Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken.
Dr Jaishankar warmly congratulated Secretary Blinken on his appointment and wished him success in his new responsibilities. Both leaders expressed their commitment to consolidate and expand the multi-faceted strategic partnership.
- Respectful homage was paid to Mahatma Gandhi at the Gandhi Ashram Trust in Noakhali in Bangladesh on the occasion of his martyrdom day on Saturday, January 30.
- Israel Embassy blast in Delhi: Two persons spotted in CCTV footage, police investigating involvement .
- United States’ B-1B Lancer heavy bomber will perform a fly-by during Aero India air show at Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru. The 13th edition of the Aero India international air show, organised by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is scheduled to take place from February 3 to 5 at Air Force Station Yelahanka.
- US First Lady Jill Biden to reunite immigrant families separated during Trump’s era She said that her chief of staff will appoint a task force to reunite separated immigrant kids to their families.
- The Myanmar Commander in Chief General Min Aung Hlaing has clarified that Tatmadaw will perform its tasks within the legal framework of the laws while safeguarding the existing constitution of 2008 . The statement by the Myanmar Military Tatmadaw comes against the backdrop of concern that the military may not accept the results of the November 8 elections in which the National League for Democracy (NLD) headed by the State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi got a thumping majority.
- A World Health Organization (WHO) team of 13 scientists began its investigation work into the origins of the COVID-19 on Friday after concluding a 14-day quarantine in central China’s Wuhan city.
- US military slams Chinese flights over South China Sea but says they posed no threat.
- Coronavirus Cases :
- Kidambi Srikanth, PV Sindhu virtually out of BWF World Tour Finals after consecutive defeats : They were virtually out of contention for the knockout stage after losing their respective second group-stage matches in the ongoing BWF World Tour Finals in Bangkok.
- BCCI decides to conduct women’s 50-over cricket, Vijay Hazare, Vinoo Mankad tournaments U-19
USD 72.93 💷GBP 99.97
🥇Gold ₹49,250@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹73,440@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 87.55
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.95
LPG : ₹₹ 847.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Patna also known as Pataliputra is the capital of Bihar. Ancient Patna, known as Pataliputra, was the capital of the Magadha Empire under the Haryanka, Nanda, Mauryan, Sunga, Gupta and Pala. Pataliputra was a seat of learning and fine arts. Its population during the Maurya period.
The Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain pilgrim centres of Vaishali, Rajgir, Nalanda, Gaya, Bodhgaya, and Pawapuri are nearby and Patna is also a sacred city for Sikhs as the last Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh, was born here.
😀Thought of the Day
A great thinker was asked, “What is the meaning of life?” He replied “Life itself has no meaning, it is an opportunity to create a meaning.”
Joke of the day
पप्पू की नए ऑफिस में नौकरी लग गई…
मां ने पूछा – बेटा कैसा चल रहा है तेरे ऑफिस का काम?
पप्पू – मां मैं बहुत जिम्मेदार हूं!
मां – अच्छा, वो कैसे?
पप्पू – ऑफिस में जब भी कोई काम बिगड़ता है तो
सारे लोग कहते हैं कि इसके लिए मैं ही जिम्मेदार हूं…!!!
Why do people vomit while travelling in hills?
Vomiting is caused by repeated movements when travelling, like going over bumps in a car or moving up and down in a boat. The inner ear sends different signals to our brain from those your eyes are seeing. These confusing messages cause us to feel unwell and began to vomit..Usually due to ‘motion sickness” where the inner ear is giving one set of sensations to the brain and the eyes are giving another
following tips to avoid vomting
Close the eyes and breathe slowly
The smell of Ginger, lemon, Orange can minimise the sense of vomting
Look straight ahead at a fixed point
Distract thoughts by talking, listening to music or singing songs.
पुरषार्थ : Efforts, Hard work, Daring, courage
How it works ⁉
How does a amputated tail of lizards regrowth
The self-amputation lizards perform while being attacked by predators known as autotomy. Lizards take the term fight-or-flight to a whole new level. When pulled by predators, lizards shed their tails in response. This self-amputation is called autotomy.
The severed tail continues to wiggle for about 30 minutes. It follows an elaborate repetitive and diverse motion. Which includes flips up to 3 cm in height. This distracts the predator enabling the lizard to escape.
Immediately after tail loss, the tail stump ends in a terminal tail vertebra and involves a severed spinal cord. After 7-10 days, wound epidermis migrates over the tail stump and thickens to form an apical cap. Cells liberated from stump tissues collect under the apical cap and proliferate to form a blastema. The spinal cord regenerates and infiltrates the blastema. The regenerated lizard tail spinal cord is characterized by a prominent ependymal tube.
Boundary between India and China : McMohan Line • Line between India and Pakistan : Radcliff Line
Vālmīki is revered as ab Ādi Kavi, the first poet, author of Ramayana, the first epic poem. Ramayana, originally written by Valmiki, consists of 24,000 shlokas and seven cantos (kaṇḍas) Ramayana is composed of about 480,002 words.
HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES
( Note : These home tips are followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Curry leaves🌿 are loaded with this vitamin and thus eating these leaves in your daily diet may help in keeping your eyes in a healthy state.
The digestive enzymes present in curry leaves are helpful in keeping the digestive health on track, and the laxative properties prove to be effective in regulating the bowels.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼