30 Oct (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Kartika 21, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Moola (up to 7:25 am)Purva/
Tithi: Shashthi upto 03:27 AM, Oct 31 / Saptami
RahuKaal: Rahu – 4:22 PM – 5:46 PM
WEEKEND UPDATES : https://youtu.be/9U9x3jZIXn8
TODAYS TOP NEWS
SUNDAY SPECIAL : A Pdf copy for Children’s is attached.
- Today is Chhath Puja Karthik Shukla Shashti Tithi Timing: Oct 30, 5:50 am – Oct 31, 3:28 am.
Chhath or Chhath Puja (छठ पूजा), also known as Surya Sashthi is a festival for worshipping Surya, the Sun God and his wife Usha (Chhathi Maiya) and is celebrated six days after Diwali.
- PM Modi to share his thoughts in Mann Ki Baat programme on Sunday @11.00 AM.
- Spiritual leader Mata, Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) has been appointed the Chair of the country’s Civil 20 (C20), an official engagement group of the Group of 20 (G20), by the union government
- Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari asks IITians at a global leadership summit organized in IIT Bombay, to focus their research on use of bio-technology and to do research on manufacturing green hydrogen from electrolysing sewage water and bio-digestion of organic wastes.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, officially opened the third campus of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) -K campus in Kakinada.
- For the construction of the IIFT permanent campus, the state government has allocated 25 acres of land at U. Kothapalli Mandal, which is close to the sea coast in the Kakinada Special Economic Zone (KSEZ).
- JHARKHAND govt has declared 226 out of the total 260 blocks of the state as drought-affected. State CM Hemant Soren has decided to provide a cash relief of ₹3,500 to each affected farmer’s family in the blocks.
- GUJARAT Govt has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of Uniform Civil Code in the state ahead of assembly elections.
- J&K : JCB driver dead, 6 trapped after landslides hit J&K mega power project site.
- KERALA state tourism department has launched a ‘Women-Friendly Tourism’ project to ensure safe and hygienic destinations for women. The all-women tour packages, which include food, accommodation, transportation and community guides, will be controlled and operated by women.
- MADHYA PRADESH CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday performed bhoomi pujan for construction of a six-lane cement concrete road in Bhopal.
- RAJASTHAN govt has decided to reimburse airfares of Rajasthani students who returned from Ukraine between February 1 and 14. CM Ashok Gehlot said ₹50 lakh has been sanctioned for this purpose.
- On October 29, a 369-foot-tall Shiva statue called “Viswas Swaroopam” that has been built in Nathdwara, Rajasthan’s Rajsamand district was installed. It is said to be the highest Lord Shiva statue in the entire world. Statue was built by Tat Padam Sansthan.
- TAMIL NADU : BJP on Saturday called off the strike it had planned to conduct in Coimbatore on October 31.The party had earlier announced the bandh to protest against the recent Coimbatore car blast.
- UTTAR PRADESH : 13 injured as bus falls into gorge in UP’s Banda district. The bus was going from Atrara to Kamasin.
- The Centre has approved the setting up of the Terai Elephant Reserve (TER) at Dudhwa-Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh. The Terai Elephant Reserve is the 3rd Elephant Reserve in India.
- CBI court in Asansol, West Bengal on Saturday rejected the bail application of Trinamool Congress leader Anubrata Mondal and extended his judicial custody till November 11 in a cattle smuggling case.
- Delhi Police has registered an FIR against news portal The Wire after BJP IT Cell head Amit Malviya registered a complaint alleging that the media company “forged documents with a view to malign and tarnish” his reputation.
💷 GBP ₹95.56
BSE Sensex : 59,959.85 +203.01 (0.34%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,786.80 +49.85 (0.28%) 🔼
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman urges National Institute of Design to expand their activities to areas like jewellery designing for innovative business solutions in designing.
- The net worth of the world’s richest man, Elon Musk, dropped by $10 billion (nearly ₹83,000 crore) after he finalised the $44-billion deal to acquire Twitter, Bloomberg said. The latest wealth drop brought Musk’s total losses this year to $66 billion, it said.
- India’s forex reserves hit a new low: For the week ending October 14, India’s foreign exchange reserves (Forex Reserves) further declined to a level not seen in more than two years as the country’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) continued to defend the rupee’s decline while disregarding the serious threat posed by dwindling foreign exchange reserves.
- Dabur India to acquire 51% stake in Badshah Masala in a Rs 587.52 crore deal. Dabur India marks its entry into the fast-growing spices and seasoning category.
- The ace filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s, which recently hit the screens in Japan, has won its first major international honour. The biggie won the ‘Best International Film’ honour at the Saturn Awards 2022, which were held in Los Angeles. RRR is a period drama which features Jr NTR and Ram Charan as the parallel leads. RRR, which grossed nearly Rs 1,200 crore at the worldwide box office
- Olympic bronze medal-winning boxer Vijender Singh has joined the cast of Salman Khan’s upcoming movie ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’. Salman shared the news on the occasion of Vijender’s birthday.
- Bollywood Actress Kangana Ranaut said. Willing to enter politics if govt, people want my participation, she hails from Manali in Himachal Pradesh.
- After Samantha Ruth Prabhu shared on social media that she has been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition called Myositis, several celebrities wished her a speedy recovery.
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India(GOI), Hardeep Singh Puri has authored a new book titled “DELHI UNIVERSITY: Celebrating 100 Glorious Years”.
- Veteran Assamese actor Nipon Goswami died on Thursday (27 Oct) at a private hospital. He was 80 years.
(Note: Source of Info. @
- PM Modi will be on a three day to Gujarat and Rajasthan beginning on Sunday. He will lay the foundation stone of a C-295MW transport aircraft manufacturing project for the Indian Air Force (IAF) in Vadodara on Sunday.
- Indian and US militaries to conduct the battalion-level “Yudh Abhyas” exercise between 15th November 2022 to 2nd December 2022. The Yudh Abhyas will be held at Auli in Uttarakhand which from just 100 km from the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- Yudh Abhyas military drill around 350 soldiers from each country are expected to participate.
- In August, the US and Indian forces conducted the “Vajra Prahar” exercise at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh
- The member countries of the “Quad” will conduct the Malabar exercise off Yokosuka in Japan between 8th November 2022 to 18th November 2022. The “Quad” member countries include India, Australia, Japan, and the US.
- India to conduct the “Autra-Hind” infantry combat exercise at the Mahajan range in Rajasthan between 28th November 2022 to 11 December 2022.
- The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approval for the indigenous Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) — the fifth-generation twin engine fighter aircraft being developed indigenously for the Indian Air Force — is expected soon. A model of the AMCA was displayed at DefExpo-2022 held in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar last week.
- TATA Aerospace & Defence are in talks with Lockheed Martin for manufacturing a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter in India.
- SIMBEX 2022 maritime exercise: From October 26 to October 30, 2022, Visakhapatnam played a home to the 29th Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX). The two phases of SIMBEX-2022 are the Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam and the Sea Phase in the Bay of Bengal.
- GARUDA VII air exercisee: At Air Force Station Jodhpur, the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF) are taking part in the bilateral exercise “Garuda VII” from October 26 to November 12, 2022. FASF is taking part in this exercise with a troop of 220 people, one A-330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft, and four Rafale fighter aircraft.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India, Qatar agree to celebrate 50 yrs of diplomatic relations in 2023. PM Modi on Saturday spoke to Qatar’s Amir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
- United Nations Security Council’s Counter Terrorism Committee has adopted the Delhi Declaration on ‘Countering the use of new and emerging technologies for terrorist purposes’.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar, Oct 29, said that threat of terrorism is growing and expanding in Asia and Africa and new emerging technologies have posed a serious challenge before the security architecture.
- Fourth Bangladesh Film Festival was inaugurated on Saturday in Kolkata. The five day long festival is showcasing 37 popular Bangladeshi films including four documentaries and eight short films.
- The festival was inaugurated by the Information and Broadcasting Minister of Bangladesh Dr. Hassan Mahmud at Rabindra Sadan.
- India has strongly condemned the terror attack at the Shah-e-Cherag shrine in Shiraz, Iran.
- Heads of Delegations of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter Terrorism Committee (CTC) yesterday called on President Droupadi Murmu at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. They are in India to attend the Special Meeting of the UNSC-CTC held in Mumbai and Delhi.
- Major terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir declined after Pakistan was included in FATF grey listMumbai: Major terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir declined after Pakistan was included in the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) grey list, a senior Indian government official said.
- Over 100 cadets, including 35 women, were inducted into the Army at a passing-out parade held at the Officers Training Academy on Saturday. Eight gentlemen cadets and 28 women from friendly nations also completed their training.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia says UK helped Ukraine with drone attack on Crimea: Russia on Saturday suspended its UN-brokered grain deal with Ukraine after claiming it thwarted a Ukrainian drone attack near Sevastopol in Crimea. Russia’s move will cut Ukrainian grain exports from its Black Sea ports, reversing efforts to ease the global food crisis.
- At least 120 people have been killed and around 150 people have been injured in a crush when a large crowd pushed forward on a street during Halloween festivities in South Korea’s Seoul.
- Polish PM Mateusz Morawiecki said the US govt and Westinghouse Electric Company will build the country’s first nuclear power plant. Poland plans to spend $40 billion to build two nuclear power plants.
- US President Joe Biden will attend four global summits in three countries in the next month. Biden will first visit Egypt on November 11 for the COP27 Climate Conference. Then he will travel to Cambodia for the US-ASEAN Summit and the East Asia Summit. He will end the tour with the G20 Summit in Indonesia.
- M23 rebel group captured the Congolese town of Kiwanja on Saturday, The army unit protecting Kiwanja departed on Friday.
- Two car bombs exploded outside the Education Ministry building in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, on Saturday. Initial reports put the death toll around 10. More than 20 people were injured in the attack
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2022
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 27th Match,
New Zealand won by 65 runs
NZ – 167/7 (20)
SL – 102 (19.2)
Player of the Match
(a) Oct 30, Sunday
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe
Super 12 Group 2 at The Gabba, Brisbane
(b) Oct 30, Sunday
Pakistan vs Netherlands
29th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Perth Stadium, Perth
12:30 IST / 07:00 GMT
(c) Oct 30, Sunday
India vs South Africa
30th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Perth Stadium, Perth
16:30 IST / 11:00 GMT
- FRENCH OPEN BADMINTON : India’s Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy storm into the men’s doubles final after beating South Korea’s Choi Sol Gyu and Kim Won Ho 21-18, 21-14 in the semifinals in Paris.
Frmn : 30 Mar 1949
Govrnr: Kalraj Mishra
CM: Ashok Gehlot (INC)
Districts : 33
🥇Gold ₹ 51,530 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 58,300 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 110/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 95/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,057/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
*Shivaji Bhonsale I
(19 February 1630 – 3 April 1680) also referred to as CHHATRAPATI SHIVAJI MAHARAJ , was an Indian ruler and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan. Shivaji carved out an enclave from the declining Adilshahi sultanate of Bijapur that formed the genesis of the Maratha Empire.
Shivaji’s military forces expanded the Maratha sphere of influence, capturing and building forts, and forming a Maratha navy. Shivaji established a competent and progressive civil rule with well-structured administrative organisations. He revived ancient Hindu political traditions, court conventions and promoted the usage of the Marathi and Sanskrit languages, replacing Persian in court and administration.
😀Thought of the day
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu* : jab main mar jaon to samne wali family ko zaroor bulana.
Frnd : kyun?😳⁉️
Pappu : yaar unke ghar ki ladies murde se lipat lipat kar roti hain.🤪
Why Curry Leaves used in Cooking?*
They have natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They are also a good source of iron, helping with anemia. Curry leaves also have anti-diabetic qualities, that help reduce blood sugar levels and can help regulate cholesterol.
Dried curry leaves can last up to a year when kept in a vacuum-sealed bag.
सर्वं परवशं दुःखं सर्वमात्मवशं सुखम्।*
एतद् विद्यात् समासेन लक्षणं सुखदुःखयोः॥
sarvaṃ paravaśaṃ duḥkhaṃ sarvamātmavaśaṃ sukham।
etad vidyāt samāsena lakṣaṇaṃ sukhaduḥkhayoḥ॥
Everything that is in other’s control is painful. All that is in self-control is happiness. This is the definition of happiness and pain in short.
जो सब अन्यों के वश में होता है, वह दुःख है। जो सब अपने वश में होता है, वह सुख है।
यही संक्षेप में सुख एवं दुःख का लक्षण है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW A SNAKES MOVE 🐍*
Snakes move using their flexible body. They have a long spine with which ribs are connected. Muscles connected to these ribs help the snake to move or crawl. … Snakes twist its body by successively contracting and expanding like a spring and move.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
30 October – World Thrift Day*
World Thrift Day is observed on 30 October every year in India and in worldwide it is observed on 31st October. This day is devoted to the promotion of savings all over the world.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Dharmsinh Dadubhai Desai (born October 30, 1916) was an Indian politician. He was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India from Kheda , Gujarat as a member of the Indian National Congress.
Dharamsinh Desai University was founded by him. Dharmsinh Desai was great entrepreneur industrialist and founded Apar Group in year 1958.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
UP IN ARMS *
Meaning: Being grumpy or angry about something
Eg : The employees were up in arms over the management’s plan to discontinue five-day week policy.
Grisly: Pleasing, attractive
Grisly× disgusting, atrocious
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
SARASWATI , the Goddess of Knowledge*
Saraswati stems from the Sanskrit root “saras,” which means “that which is fluid.” Goddess Saraswati is also the Goddess of the Arts.
White Clothing , or Sari Symbolic of purity
A white lotus represents purity and knowledge. Lotuses, because they remain untouched by the muddy waters within which they grow
The veena , in addition to representing the arts
Book , Represents the Truth or pure knowledge
Japa Mala Represents discipline, concentration, and meditation
The peacock represents beauty and dance. Peacocks can also represent vanity and indecision
THE SWAN represents beauty and also is believed to have the unique ability to separate milk from water with its beak, symbolizing the need for individuals to always discern between right and wrong.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tips for Back Pain Relief*
Maintain a healthy weight. Staying fit is one of the most important recommendations for avoiding back pain.
Poor posture is another major contributor of back pain.
Make sure you’re sitting deep enough in your chair so that your back can be supported by the back of the chair.
Your chair should be low enough to the ground so that you can rest your feet comfortably on the ground, but not so low that your knees are higher than your hips.
If you are working on computer, then set your computer monitor at eye level so that you aren’t slumping to get your gaze in line with your screen.
Your forearms should be well supported on the armrests of the workstation and the armrests raised high enough that you can rest your elbows on them comfortably.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼