30 May (Monday)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Jyeshta 14, (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 30(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra Krithika (up to 7:12 am) Rohini
Titi: Amavasya (up to 5:00 pm)Pratipada
RahuKaal: 07:24 AM – 09:04 AM
TEST YOUR IQ ABILITY here https://youtu.be/PMq3SmW1qG4
- More than 193 crore 53 lakh COVID vaccine doses provided to states, UTs so far.
- In MANN KI BAAT programme PM Modi asserts:
- India is leading the world in field of start-ups;
- Women Self Help Groups render great service to the nation.
- Prime Minister calls upon people to maintain dignity of Chardham, Amarnath, Pandharpur and Jagannath Yatra pilgrimage sites.
- PM to release benefits under the PM CARES for orphan Children today.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: PM to interact with beneficiaries of govt schemes on May 31
- National Council for Teacher Education has launched an online portal to streamline the entire process of recognition of teacher education programmes in Higher Education Institutions and Teacher Education Institutions.
- The Congress on Sunday released its list of 10 candidates for the Rajya Sabha elections. The party has fielded P Chidambaram from Tamil Nadu, Randeep Singh Surjewala from Rajasthan and Ajay Maken from Haryana. The elections for 57 seats spread across 15 states is scheduled to take place on June 10.
- ASSAM : A total of 26 Rohingyas were detained by Assam’s Cachar district police on 29 May from Silchar, said police. According to Cachar district police, the detained Rohingyas were coming from Jammu.
- ANDHRA PRADESH BJP to launch Seva Sushasan Garib Kalyan in AP from May 30 to June 14.
- DELHI will soon have its own world-class plants nursery. In this direction, the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Vijay Kumar Saxena has said.
- GUJARAT : For the first time, India Post delivered a mail using a drone as part of a pilot project in Gujarat’s Kutch, covering a distance of 46 km in 25 minutes,
- J&K : The Police shot down a North Korean drone carrying a payload from the Pakistani side in Hariya Chak village under the Hiranagar sector of Kathua district in the early hours on 29 May.
- A total of 19 accused have been arrested so far in relation to arson, stone-pelting, sloganeering outside the house of Yasin Malik. The incident took place on May 25 outside Malik’s residence in Maisuma
- In the Kashmir Valley, Pencak Silat District Srinagar Championship 2022-23 organised by District Srinagar Pencak Silat Association under the aegis of Pencak Silat Association of J&K commenced at Indoor Sports Complex Pologround in Srinagar.
- KERALA : the southwest monsoon has set in over Kerala on Sunday, three days ahead of its normal onset date of June 1, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- MAHARASHTRA MP Navneet Rana and her husband MLA Ravi Rana were on Sunday booked along with 15 of their supporters for allegedly violating various norms during a welcome event for the couple in Amravati.
- PUNJAB : Famous Punjabi singer Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu popularly known as Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Jawaharke village of Mansa district.
- Lawrence Bishnoi gang member from Canada claims responsibility for Moosewala’s murder
- The incident occurred just a day after Punjab Police withdrew the security of 424 persons including Sidhu Moosewala. He had contested the Punjab assembly election on a Congress ticket from Mansa and was defeated by the AAP candidate Vijay Singla by a huge margin of 63,000 votes.
- RAJASTHAN , more than 125 transgenders are taking free yoga education in Bundi city. The yoga training camp, which will run till June 6, is going on in the Parshuram Vatika complex on Jaitsagar Road.
- TAMIL NADU : CM MK Stalin has submitted two memorandums to PM Modi with regard to the retrieval of the Katchatheevu island that is currently controlled by Sri Lanka, to resolve the recurring issues faced by fishermen.
- TELANGANA :: Labour minister Ch. Malla Reddy said that TRS MPs would raise the demand for conferring the Bharat Ratna on former chief minister N.T. Rama Rao in Parliament.
💷 GBP ₹98.12
BSE Sensex 54,884.66
NIFTY : 16,352.45
Union Minister for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said that the Central Government is focusing more on funding and infrastructure development in the entire North Eastern area for better connectivity
- 17th Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short Fiction and Animation films began in Mumbai on 28 May evening.
- MIFF 2022 has got an overwhelming response from filmmakers across the world, receiving a whopping eight hundred 8 film entries from 30 countries.
- I&B Minister Anurag Singh Thakur congratulates Shaunak Sen on winning ‘L’Oeil d’or’ award for his documentary at Cannes Film Festival.
- A video has gone viral showing over 1 lakh people singing ‘Vande Mataram’ during the IPL 2022 closing ceremony at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. The crowd sang ‘Vande Mataram’ while AR Rahman was performing his rendition of the song. Actor Ranveer Singh also performed during the closing ceremony.
- Actor Ajay Devgn has reacted to 28-year-old Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moosewala’s death. He wrote on Twitter, “Stunned by the shocking death of #SidhuMoosewala. May Waheguru give his loved ones strength in their hour of grief. RIP departed soul.
- Veteran Malayalam singer Edava Basheer passed away on Saturday after collapsing onstage during a live performance in Kerala’s Alappuzha. The 78-year-old was rushed to a private hospital at Cherthala but could not be saved.
- The Indian Navy Ship (INS) Gomati was decommissioned on May 28 from the naval dockyard in Mumbai
- INS Gomati derives her name from the vibrant river Gomti and was commissioned on 16 April 1988 by then defence minister,KC Pant, at Mazagon Dock Limited (Mumbai).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- On the International Day of UN Peacekeepers, External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar saluted the courage and dedication of the brave men and women who carry out UN Peacekeeping around the world.
- India has started the groundwork for 5G spectrum auctions slated to take place within 2022-23: Secretary of the Telecommunications Department K Rajaraman
- The Russian-Indian friendship society Disha sent about three tons of humanitarian aid including pharmaceuticals, to the medical station of the Russian Armed Forces in Kursk, the Russian embassy in India said.
- External Minister Dr S. Jaishankar on Saturday said that India has been supplying 1,160 MW of electricity to Bangladesh and 1,500 MW more is already in the pipeline.Addressing at the “NADI (River) Conclave 2022”.
- The passenger train services between Bangladesh and India resumed on Sunday. The two countries have resumed after a break of two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Tara Air’s 9 NAET twin-engine aircraft, which went missing in the mountainous district of Mustang on Sunday morning, was found at Kowang village of the district, Nepal Airport official said.
- On Sunday morning, Tara Air’s 9 NAET twin-engine aircraft carrying 22 passengers, including 4 Indians and 3 Japanese nationals, flying from Pokhara to Jomsom at 9:55 am, had lost contact, after reaching the Lete area of Mustang, said the Airport authorities.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy visited troops on frontlines of the country’s northeastern Kharkiv region on Sunday, marking his first official appearance outside Kyiv since the war began.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said that Turkey cannot agree to the NATO membership of “terrorism-supporting” countries. He also said that talks with Finland and Sweden about their NATO bids weren’t at the “expected level”. Turkey has challenged the NATO membership bids from Sweden and Finland on grounds that the countries harbour people linked to a Kurdish militant group.
- The Sri Lankan government is working to make the President and the Cabinet accountable to the Parliament, Sri Lanka’s PM Ranil Wickremesinghe said on Sunday.
- Pakistan’s federal govt on Friday imposed a permanent ban on entry of rallies and processions in Islamabad. Rallies in the city will only be permitted after a written agreement between organisers and the city’s administration.
- The first confirmed case of monkeypox was identified in Mexico on Saturday,
Home Minister Amit Shah, on May 29, laid the foundation stone for the new International sports complex in Naranpura area of Ahmedabad.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022 FINALs
Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals,
Gujarat Titans won by 7 wkts
RR – 130/9 (20)
GT – 133/3 (18.1)
Player of the Match
Player of the Series
- Defending champion Novak Djokovic reached his 13th consecutive French Open quarter-final following a 6-1, 6-3, 6-3 win against 15th-seeded Diego Schwartzman in the fourth round on Sunday
MAHARASHTRA : Mumbai
Formation : 01 May 1960
Gvnr : Bhagat Singh Koshyari
CM: Uddhav Thackeray (Shivsena)
Dist : 36
🥇Gold ₹52,765 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,200@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹111.35/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹97.28/Ltr
⛽ Autogas ₹74.58/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,003/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
SHANI SHINGANAPUR is a village in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Situated in Nevasa taluka in Ahmednagar district, the village is known for its popular temple of Shani, the Hindu god associated with the planet (graha) Saturn. Shingnapur is 35km from Ahmednagar city.
Lord Shanaishwara can be seen in unique looking black stone swayambhu form., in the open yard without any roof above.
Due to the fear of Lord Shani, none of the structures, be it dwelling houses, huts, shops, etc. situated within one kilometer radius of this Lord Shani temple have neither doors nor locks.[
To this day, there are no doors for any houses, shops, temples. It is to be seen to believe that even post office has no door, not to speak of locks.
😀Thought of the day
No pressure, no diamonds.
JOKE OF THE DAY
A woman was found guilty in court of a traffic offence and when asked for her occupation, she said she was a schoolteacher.
The judge rose from the bench. Madam I have waited yrs for a schoolteacher to appear before this court. He smiled with delight and said: “Now sit down at that table and write I WILL NOT RUN A RED LIGHT” : 500 times…🤪
Why do our eyelashes and eyebrows does not grow continuously?
A roughly 90% of your hair follicles are normally in the development stage at any specified point. The hair in your eyebrows just goes through a short-term length, approximately 4 months. The length of your hair is normally perfect before expected time which it has to grow.
Hair follicles have staged growth cycles: one stage for growth, one stage for the lapse and one stage for rest. A roughly 90% of your hair follicles are generally in the development stage at any specified point. The hair in your eyebrows just goes through a short-term cycle length, approximately 4 months in contrast to 3 years for the hair on your head. The length of your hair is generally outdone by the time which it has to develop.
As they are prolonged, these cells die and become the hair we notice. The cells that form the hair on our eyebrows and eyelashes are basically planned to prevent developing for every couple of months, so the hair remains for short-term. Those in our scalp are planned to develop for years at the same time, so the hair grows long.
योगः अनुशासनम् Yoga is the discipline.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do ants find their way to sweet products?
Ants, like other insects, use chemosense to detect sugar and other food. They have the ability to detect chemical substances in their environment. When these chemicals are present (even at low concentrations), they can be detected as smells by the olfactory receptors — small bristles on the insect’s body.
Many species of ants communicate with their nest-mates using chemical scents known as pheromones. Each ant leaves a trail of pheromone as it looks for food. Once they reach the food, they grab a piece and turn around, following the same trail back to the nest. On the way back, they reinforce the trail by laying down more pheromone.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
National Memorial Day (last Monday of May)
National Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Velu Narayanasamy (born 30 May 1947) is an Indian politician who served as the 10th Chief Minister of Puducherry from 2016 to 2021.
He is a member of Indian National Congress political party. He previously served as Member of Parliament, representing Puducherry in the Lok Sabha.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A penny saved is a penny earned
Money you save today you can spend later
Intentional x Accidental Involuntary
Effective – functional, operational, successful
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
SHANI JAYANTI is the day when Lord Shani, son of Suryadev took birth. His birth anniversary is on Amavasya tithi of the Vaisakh month. Lord Shani rules the planet Saturn and has strong influence on everyone’s life as per astrology. Hindus from all communities worship Lord Shani to avoid malefic influence of the God, in their horoscope. Especially devotees who have sade sathi or Saturn cycle in their life fast and pray on this day to Lord Shani.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
If Jaggery consumed after meals as a dessert. It stimulates the bowels and aids the release of digestive enzymes. It is also believed that jaggery is great for people who suffer from constipation and other digestive issues.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼